Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,084 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:21 PM

Lai Mohammed Replies Obasanjo's Letter To Buhari (Full Statement) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lai Mohammed Replies Obasanjo's Letter To Buhari (Full Statement) (73807 Views)

‘i’ll Teach You A Lesson You Will Never Forget’ — Buhari Replies Obasanjo / Lai Mohammed Replies Nnamdi Kanu, Speaks On Buhari Being A 'Clone' / Obasanjo’s Letter To President Buhari (Full Text Of The 13-paged Letter) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lai Mohammed Replies Obasanjo's Letter To Buhari (Full Statement) by dokJ: 7:55pm On Jan 24, 2018
Obasanjo has risen up to d opposition role pdp suppose to b doin as a party....lets keep our fingers crossed as d letter put apc on their feet....Obasanjo is trully an elder stateman that has Nigeria at heart..
Lai was respectful, tactical n factual in his reply.. Respect!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed Replies Obasanjo's Letter To Buhari (Full Statement) by Paradigme777: 7:55pm On Jan 24, 2018
Lie Mohammed, so u guys saved all dis billions yet u r still borrowing abt undecided
Re: Lai Mohammed Replies Obasanjo's Letter To Buhari (Full Statement) by GoodGovernance: 7:56pm On Jan 24, 2018
QuitNotice:
Wow, nice one from Alhaji Lai. It's only those that are still wailing Jonathan's eviction that are not wary of all that Buhari has done, is presently doing, and is to do.
When times are hard, it requires patience.

R.O.P!

No leader is perfect. PMB is far ahead of OBJ in most ramifications.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed Replies Obasanjo's Letter To Buhari (Full Statement) by Jilo83(m): 7:56pm On Jan 24, 2018
Lai reply with facts and figures. I love it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed Replies Obasanjo's Letter To Buhari (Full Statement) by jorez: 7:58pm On Jan 24, 2018
Guy abeg go sleep,do you need to quote any fact and figure,u blind to see that those figures have no realistic impact on the citizenry before you fault it.mtchewww!
BabaAduras:

Can you read at all? If you can read, can you deduce facts from what you read?

If you doubt the facts and figures stated by the man, any reasonable lettered human needs to do counter with facts and figures.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed Replies Obasanjo's Letter To Buhari (Full Statement) by ucyonline: 7:58pm On Jan 24, 2018
Lai has never been this gentle in his response. Even though I know they will now start working 25/7 to make all these imaginary achievements physical, I've got my mind made up. No going back.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed Replies Obasanjo's Letter To Buhari (Full Statement) by SalamRushdie: 7:58pm On Jan 24, 2018
olalat:
oga, come to nasarawa state, I will facilitate land for you to plant either rice or corn. Better still, come and engage in commodity exchange deal and make money instead of ranting every our on the internet. An intelligent person does not complain but seek opportunities to make cool money in a legit way. In my personal capacity, I see people like you as jobless nonentity. A busy man does not spend all his time trolling Internet. Buhari may not have done well in some areas, definitely his agro policy is working. N power stuff is real. Prices are coming down gradually. All of you jobless internet urchins should look for job. If you like, go and read dictionary to adapt big grammar for an insult, na u sabi.

If I come to Nassarawa I will be hosted in govt house and not by you..Whenever you have done quarter of what I have done so far then I will take you serious .. I am looking for my first billion Naira and you are here giving me advise from ur second hand life ..Like I said if I enter Nassarawa today I will be hosted in the palace of a first class chief or in govt house not by you sir.
Re: Lai Mohammed Replies Obasanjo's Letter To Buhari (Full Statement) by olalat(m): 7:59pm On Jan 24, 2018
samuel2018:
Lai don't say anything about Npower o
Npower is a fraud. We have been selected and nothing yet

If the quality you just exhibit now is what we have in Nigeria graduates, the future is deem. They can't pay you yet cos your program had not been appropriated for by the national Assembly. Ok. Get more education.

2 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed Replies Obasanjo's Letter To Buhari (Full Statement) by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jan 24, 2018
Most of the stuffs Mohammed listed out are facts and figures, but all the children can do is to condemn them even without verification. I pity Nigeria for the youths she is cursed with

2 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed Replies Obasanjo's Letter To Buhari (Full Statement) by mrvitalis(m): 8:00pm On Jan 24, 2018
robotix:
good living on how much? Can it feed you comfortably and pay your house rent in a good location, feed your family?

People build duplex from that

Pericoma of imo state was famous for this

Isofia even did a move about this ...what you don't know is what you don't know

Do you know how much to bring masquerade to your occasion would cost you ?

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed Replies Obasanjo's Letter To Buhari (Full Statement) by porka: 8:00pm On Jan 24, 2018
Unemployment growing astronomically.

Suicide rate is at its highest since 1914.

Sudden deaths growing rapidly.

Killings everyday.

Mass graves all over the country - from bombed IDP camp, to Shiites, to Benue, Southern Kaduna, Aba.

Arson of monumental proportion.

Despondent Nigerians running away from sudden deaths are being sold into SLAVERY in Libya.
Re: Lai Mohammed Replies Obasanjo's Letter To Buhari (Full Statement) by tixo: 8:00pm On Jan 24, 2018
This is an already prepared reply to questions Nigerians have been asking, taking into consideration the shallow mentality of it's average citizen who never bother to check facts. However, Obj's letters took all these into consideration which is quite disappointing. The reeled out successes are only on screen with our so called leaders and not felt by those being lead, so why lead. The highlighted issues of nepotism, impunity are not in this reply, rather a polite insult of Obj's over-busy schedule was given twice for his misinformation. Wisdom is profitable, courage is priceless. Nigerians are tired of all this excuses, while your families and cronies feed fat. Even Ghana and Cameroon are tired. Let this administration do the needful.
Re: Lai Mohammed Replies Obasanjo's Letter To Buhari (Full Statement) by kitaatita: 8:02pm On Jan 24, 2018
I like the write-up;
1. Explanatory rather than defensive
2. No denial of facts contained in OBJ memo.
3. No self praise
4. No passing the buck
5. Apparent show of sensitivity to the plight of the people
6. No quarrel with OBJ. Jonathan called him motor park tout when OBJ have him his own report card

Government did not however, respond to the accusation of nepotism. But, nice response

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed Replies Obasanjo's Letter To Buhari (Full Statement) by usba: 8:03pm On Jan 24, 2018
Up till this moment there is not a single rebuttal just hate. I have come to see haters are on a serious propaganda campaign against PMB and truth is their first victim.

2 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed Replies Obasanjo's Letter To Buhari (Full Statement) by GoodGovernance: 8:03pm On Jan 24, 2018
scarface04:
7,000mw seriously?? sad sad this man lies are too much!!! Seriously And I only get 3 hours light out of 24 hours a day?? Make dm cucu sell dis country to Pakistan

I am forced to call you a daft person,for calling the minister a liar,inspite of your sheer ignorance.

@7,000megawatts the whole of Nigeria cannot get regular power supply yet.

BUt the truth is that many areas are getting more power,better than before.

I just hope others like you,will receive common sense and stop abusing your leaders ,especially based on lack of knowledge.

Criticism based on knowledge and not insult of leaders, guarantees good governance!

2 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed Replies Obasanjo's Letter To Buhari (Full Statement) by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jan 24, 2018
GoodGovernance:

R.O.P!

No leader is perfect. PMB is far ahead of OBJ in most ramifications.

I'm telling you, my brother. Yes, pmb took the challenges headlong and a lot of things got bad. Of course that was going to happen whenever we are truly ready for a revolution. They are just trying to use it against him

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed Replies Obasanjo's Letter To Buhari (Full Statement) by abfalkolly(m): 8:04pm On Jan 24, 2018
iamJ:
they shouldnt have used this man, he lacks credibility

its beta to just ignore obasanjo, if obasanjo meant well he will have talked to buhari in private
Who told you he hasn’t ?
Re: Lai Mohammed Replies Obasanjo's Letter To Buhari (Full Statement) by princejenks(m): 8:06pm On Jan 24, 2018
In concluding the statement,he still alluded to buck passing the administration has come to be associated with and which obj highlighted as weakness,he couldn't just resist the urge,quite typical. Well,let me say a thing or two here,the economy seems to be having some lease of life for the simple reason that we are now earning more foreign exchange,thanks to russia and opec agreeing to stem the plummeting price of crude last year. On the investment inflows,it's mostly about portfolio investors who returned with funds they'd earlier taken away at the onset of recession. On increase in local rice production,well,I can only speak about where I am,I've not seen a drastic reduction in price cos the difference between a modul of local rice and foreign rice is just 50 naira,maybe it costs less in some northern states producing rice in large amounts but the reduction in price hasn't been really felt in other non producing areas. Secondly,if the herders and farmers clashes aren't curbed in benue and elsewhere,it'll slow down whatever gains has been achieved so far in the agric sector and lead to food crisis in no distant time. The other achievements mentioned aren't that significant,inflation and job creation for example,also with all the mop up from tsa and increased revenues from non oil sources,why are we still borrowing to finance the deficit in the budget? The other day,we were told a particular government agency or is it parastatal made 4 trillion naira in 2017 in revenue,where's the money?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed Replies Obasanjo's Letter To Buhari (Full Statement) by Chukazu: 8:07pm On Jan 24, 2018
children in 28,249 schools in 19 states are being fed daily; 200,000 unemployed graduates have enlisted into the N-power Job Scheme, and a quarter of a million loans already distributed to artisans, traders, and farmers.

This old man has no shame.

NPOWER HAS NOT CREATED UP TO 50 THOUSAND JOBS on the flip side we have lots more than 16 million job not to mention companies closing shop due to exchange rate alone

Government agencies such as the Nigeria Customs Service are reporting highest-ever revenue collection, while JAMB, under the new management appointed by President Buhari in 2016, remitted N7.8 billion to the coffers of the federal government

As in your ability to create suffering by collecting exorbitant fees from students seeking admission through JAMB is now an achievement

It's only in Nigeria that students would pay all sorts of money to write JAMB as the end they are still required to by scratch cards to view ordinary website that should be accessible to all

Importers go through hell trying to clear cargoes at the Port and government collects Dumurage to increase Custom revenue and you called that too an achievement?

This government deserves Stoning sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed Replies Obasanjo's Letter To Buhari (Full Statement) by castrokins(m): 8:09pm On Jan 24, 2018
He's Written A Decent Reply. But A Decent Letter Is Still Useless If It's Dotted With Halftruths
Re: Lai Mohammed Replies Obasanjo's Letter To Buhari (Full Statement) by AlienRobot: 8:09pm On Jan 24, 2018
iamJ:
they shouldnt have used this man, he lacks credibility

its beta to just ignore obasanjo, if obasanjo meant well he will have talked to buhari in private
RIP English
Re: Lai Mohammed Replies Obasanjo's Letter To Buhari (Full Statement) by porka: 8:10pm On Jan 24, 2018
QuitNotice:
Most of the stuffs Mohammed listed out are facts and figures, but all the children can do is to condemn them even without verification. I pity Nigeria for the youths she is cursed with

What did Mohammed list that is not a shameful attempt at covering up.

Inflation was 9.7% when Buhari was elected.

Over 15 million Nigerians have lost their jobs since then.

Fuel price has increased exponentially, from 87 naira when Buhari was elected to over 180 naira currently.

Polio has come back with vengeance. Nigeria recorded a whole year polio-free before Buhari took office.

Lassa fever is rampaging and killing trained medical personnel with fury.

What is more, the food basket of Nigeria, Benue, Taraba, Plateau, Nassarawa States and Southern Kaduna have been turned to the biggest mortuary since the end of the Civil War.
Re: Lai Mohammed Replies Obasanjo's Letter To Buhari (Full Statement) by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jan 24, 2018
itsdumebi:
@POLITICSNGR

Minister of Information and Chieftain of the All Progressives Congress,APC, Alhaji Lai Mohammed has responded to Ex-president, Olusegun Obasanjo's letter to Buhari.

In a statement obtained by PoliticsNGR, Lai Mohammed listed Buhari's achievements and gave reasons for the government's problems. The statement read;

"We have read the press statement by former President Olusegun Obasanjo on the State of the Nation.

For the record, Chief Obasanjo is a patriot, and he has proven this time and time again. We appreciate what he said concerning the Administration's performance in two out of the three key issues that formed the plank of its campaign: Fighting corruption and tackling insurgency. Specifically, the former President said President Buhari must be given credit for his achievement so far in these two areas. We thank him for this.

Apparently, the former President believes that the Administration does not deserve a pass mark in the area of the economy, which is the third of our three-pronged campaign promises.

We have no doubt that in the face of massive challenges in this area, this Administration has availed itself creditably. We believe that Chief Obasanjo, because of his very busy schedule, may not have been fully availed of developments in the government's efforts to revamp the economy, which was battered by the consequences of over-dependence on a commodity as well as unprecedented pillaging of the treasury.

Today, most of the indices by which an economy is measured are looking up. Permit me to say, however, that Nigeria would not have exited recession through a mere order or if the Administration had not made use of ''good Nigerians'' who could help.

This Administration is making steady progress in its determined effort to revamp the economy, and the results are showing:

* Foreign Reserves have peaked at $40b, the highest level in about four years, and up from $24 billion just a year ago, even though when we came in, the price of oil had crashed woefully.

* According to the National Bureau of Statistics (NBC), headline inflation has fallen for 11 consecutive months, standing at 15.37% as at Dec. 2017. This is the lowest inflation rate since Jan 2017, and it has met and surpassed the target set for inflation in the Administration's Economic Recovery and Growth Plan (ERGP).

* Our determined implementation of the Treasury Single Account (TSA) has stopped the hemorrhaging of the treasury. Some 108 billion Naira has been saved from removal of maintenance fees payable to banks, pre-TSA. The nation is being saved 24.7 billion Naira monthly with the full implementation of the TSA.

* The elimination of ghost workers has saved the nation 120 billion Naira

* At about 1.8 billion dollars, the capital inflows in the second quarter of 2017 were almost double the $908 million in the first quarter.

* In the wake of a stable Naira and increased investment inflows, Nigeria’s stock market emerged one of the best-performing in the world, delivering returns in excess of 40 percent.

* Nigeria rose 24 places on the World Bank’s Ease of Doing Business ranking, and earned a place on the List of Top 10 Reformers in the world.

* According to Q3 2017 figures, agriculture export is up year-on-year by 25%, solid minerals exports are up year-on-year by 78%, raw materials exports are up 70% year-on-year and manufactured goods exports are up 22% year-on-year.

* Government agencies such as the Nigeria Customs Service are reporting highest-ever revenue collection, while JAMB, under the new management appointed by President Buhari in 2016, remitted N7.8 billion to the coffers of the federal government.

The total amount remitted by JAMB between 2010 and 2016 was a paltry N51 million!
These positive indices may not have immediately impacted positively on Nigerians, but Nigerians will definitely get a new lease of life a short while from now. This is because the good news from the agricultural sector, which is recording a bumper harvest, will bring down the cost of foodstuffs, especially such staple as rice, and our massive Social Investment Programme will ease the pain of the most vulnerable in the society.

When we assumed office in 2015, some 6 million farmers were involved in rice production. Thanks to the Anchor Borrowers' programme of this Administration, we have grown that number to over 12 million farmers. The result is that our rice import from Thailand alone has dropped from 644 metric tonnes to 22,000 MT in just two years. This is phenomenal.

Apart from rice, Nigeria is also doing well in other grains,
especially Millet, Sorghum and Maize. We are now the second largest producer of sorghum after the US, the third in millet after India and our breweries are now enjoying local sourcing of those commodities.

For maize, we are producing 10 million tons while we need about 13 million tons for both human and animal nutrition. Nigeria leads the world in the yam and cassava production. We account for 70% of the world's yam production. In two years, we hope to be the world's largest exporter of yam! Overall, our ambition is that agriculture should rise from 25% to 40% of GDP, so that we can banish poverty and overcome our economic anxiety.

Our Social Investment Programme is Nigeria’s most ambitious social welfare programme ever. Currently, 5.2 million primary school children in 28,249 schools in 19 states are being fed daily; 200,000 unemployed graduates have enlisted into the N-power Job Scheme, and a quarter of a million loans already distributed to artisans, traders, and farmers.

Finally, our investment in infrastructure is simply unprecedented. This is because infrastructure is key to faster economic growth and development.

Here is a synopsis of what we have done in this area:
* Power Generation at an all-time high of 7,000mw and all can be transmitted

* RAIL: Lagos-Kano Standard Gauge is on. Lagos-Ibadan sector ready 2019, Kano-Kaduna ready 2019; The entire stretch ready 2021; Negotiations on for Coastal Rail covering 15 cities from Lagos to Calabar.

* ROAD: 25 major highways being funded with the N100b Sukuk Bond, and all geo-political zones are benefitting equally

This Administration is not unaware of the enormity of the challenges facing the nation, but we are up to the task. We have taken the bull by the horns, and long-suffering Nigerians will begin to experience a new lease of life as our efforts yield fruits. We will not go into a state of funk for whatever reason.

On the Herders/Farmers' clashes, this Administration is determined to end the crisis resulting from this once and for all, not minding the fact that the clashes predate us. we urge Nigerians to have faith in the Administration's ability to resolve the crisis, and to watch out for concrete measures in this regard.

On whether or not President Muhammadu Buhari should run for another term, it is true that many Nigerians have been calling on the President to run again, while others are opposed to his return. However, we believe this issue is a distraction for the President at this time. This is because Mr. President spends every waking hour tackling the enormous challenges facing the nation, most of which were bequeathed to his Administration by successive past Administrations. He is committed to fulfilling the mandate given to him by Nigerians in 2015. And that's where we are right now!

Finally, we have no reason to believe that former President Obasanjo has any motive beyond the well-being of the nation in issuing his Special Press Statement. We have also taken his admonition in good faith, and we thank him most sincerely for taking time off his busy schedule to pen such a long statement.

https://politicsngr.com/just-in-lai-mohammed-replies-obasanjo-over-letter-to-buhari/

Sometimes I wonder whether these politicians think all Nigerians are da.ft. All that Lai Muhammed has put here as achievements are related to the rise in oil prices in the international oil market. Rather than comparing the economy before and after the oil price went up, how about he compare the economy now when the oil price is stable and the economy during Goodluck era when oil was stable as well. Can you imagine him saying inflation reduced. Before nko. Everyone knows that Nigeria is largely dependent on oil and when oil price goes up inflation in Nigeria will reduce.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed Replies Obasanjo's Letter To Buhari (Full Statement) by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jan 24, 2018
porka:

What did Mohammed list that is not a shameful attempt at covering up.

Inflation was 9.7% when Buhari was elected.

Over 15 million Nigerians have lost their jobs since then.

Fuel price has increased exponentially, from 87 naira when Buhari was elected to over 180 naira currently.

Polio has come back with vengeance. Nigeria recorded a whole year polio-free before Buhari took office.

Lassa fever is rampaging and killing trained medical personnel with fury.

What is more, the food basket of Nigeria, Benue, Taraba, Plateau, Nassarawa States and Southern Kaduna have been turned to the biggest mortuary since the end of the Civil War.

It's not too difficult for an analytical mind to spot all the half-truths in the so-called achievements.
Re: Lai Mohammed Replies Obasanjo's Letter To Buhari (Full Statement) by GoodGovernance: 8:15pm On Jan 24, 2018
kitaatita:
I like the write-up;
1. Explanatory rather than defensive
2. No denial of facts contained in OBJ memo.
3. No self praise
4. No passing the buck
5. Apparent show of sensitivity to the plight of the people
6. No quarrel with OBJ. Jonathan called him motor park tout when OBJ have him his own report card

Government did not however, respond to the accusation of nepotism. But, nice response

I agree with you.

Nepotism is not part of good governance.

No leader is perfect.

Hate me or like me,PMB is still heads and shoulders above previous Nigerian leaders.(Please permit me to exclude Murtala!!)

3 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed Replies Obasanjo's Letter To Buhari (Full Statement) by NairaMaster1(m): 8:15pm On Jan 24, 2018
itsdumebi:
@POLITICSNGR

Minister of Information and Chieftain of the All Progressives Congress,APC, Alhaji Lai Mohammed has responded to Ex-president, Olusegun Obasanjo's letter to Buhari.

In a statement obtained by PoliticsNGR, Lai Mohammed listed Buhari's achievements and gave reasons for the government's problems. The statement read;

"We have read the press statement by former President Olusegun Obasanjo on the State of the Nation.

For the record, Chief Obasanjo is a patriot, and he has proven this time and time again. We appreciate what he said concerning the Administration's performance in two out of the three key issues that formed the plank of its campaign: Fighting corruption and tackling insurgency. Specifically, the former President said President Buhari must be given credit for his achievement so far in these two areas. We thank him for this.

Apparently, the former President believes that the Administration does not deserve a pass mark in the area of the economy, which is the third of our three-pronged campaign promises.

We have no doubt that in the face of massive challenges in this area, this Administration has availed itself creditably. We believe that Chief Obasanjo, because of his very busy schedule, may not have been fully availed of developments in the government's efforts to revamp the economy, which was battered by the consequences of over-dependence on a commodity as well as unprecedented pillaging of the treasury.

Today, most of the indices by which an economy is measured are looking up. Permit me to say, however, that Nigeria would not have exited recession through a mere order or if the Administration had not made use of ''good Nigerians'' who could help.

This Administration is making steady progress in its determined effort to revamp the economy, and the results are showing:

* Foreign Reserves have peaked at $40b, the highest level in about four years, and up from $24 billion just a year ago, even though when we came in, the price of oil had crashed woefully.

* According to the National Bureau of Statistics (NBC), headline inflation has fallen for 11 consecutive months, standing at 15.37% as at Dec. 2017. This is the lowest inflation rate since Jan 2017, and it has met and surpassed the target set for inflation in the Administration's Economic Recovery and Growth Plan (ERGP).

* Our determined implementation of the Treasury Single Account (TSA) has stopped the hemorrhaging of the treasury. Some 108 billion Naira has been saved from removal of maintenance fees payable to banks, pre-TSA. The nation is being saved 24.7 billion Naira monthly with the full implementation of the TSA.

* The elimination of ghost workers has saved the nation 120 billion Naira

* At about 1.8 billion dollars, the capital inflows in the second quarter of 2017 were almost double the $908 million in the first quarter.

* In the wake of a stable Naira and increased investment inflows, Nigeria’s stock market emerged one of the best-performing in the world, delivering returns in excess of 40 percent.

* Nigeria rose 24 places on the World Bank’s Ease of Doing Business ranking, and earned a place on the List of Top 10 Reformers in the world.

* According to Q3 2017 figures, agriculture export is up year-on-year by 25%, solid minerals exports are up year-on-year by 78%, raw materials exports are up 70% year-on-year and manufactured goods exports are up 22% year-on-year.

* Government agencies such as the Nigeria Customs Service are reporting highest-ever revenue collection, while JAMB, under the new management appointed by President Buhari in 2016, remitted N7.8 billion to the coffers of the federal government.

The total amount remitted by JAMB between 2010 and 2016 was a paltry N51 million!
These positive indices may not have immediately impacted positively on Nigerians, but Nigerians will definitely get a new lease of life a short while from now. This is because the good news from the agricultural sector, which is recording a bumper harvest, will bring down the cost of foodstuffs, especially such staple as rice, and our massive Social Investment Programme will ease the pain of the most vulnerable in the society.

When we assumed office in 2015, some 6 million farmers were involved in rice production. Thanks to the Anchor Borrowers' programme of this Administration, we have grown that number to over 12 million farmers. The result is that our rice import from Thailand alone has dropped from 644 metric tonnes to 22,000 MT in just two years. This is phenomenal.

Apart from rice, Nigeria is also doing well in other grains,
especially Millet, Sorghum and Maize. We are now the second largest producer of sorghum after the US, the third in millet after India and our breweries are now enjoying local sourcing of those commodities.

For maize, we are producing 10 million tons while we need about 13 million tons for both human and animal nutrition. Nigeria leads the world in the yam and cassava production. We account for 70% of the world's yam production. In two years, we hope to be the world's largest exporter of yam! Overall, our ambition is that agriculture should rise from 25% to 40% of GDP, so that we can banish poverty and overcome our economic anxiety.

Our Social Investment Programme is Nigeria’s most ambitious social welfare programme ever. Currently, 5.2 million primary school children in 28,249 schools in 19 states are being fed daily; 200,000 unemployed graduates have enlisted into the N-power Job Scheme, and a quarter of a million loans already distributed to artisans, traders, and farmers.

Finally, our investment in infrastructure is simply unprecedented. This is because infrastructure is key to faster economic growth and development.

Here is a synopsis of what we have done in this area:
* Power Generation at an all-time high of 7,000mw and all can be transmitted

* RAIL: Lagos-Kano Standard Gauge is on. Lagos-Ibadan sector ready 2019, Kano-Kaduna ready 2019; The entire stretch ready 2021; Negotiations on for Coastal Rail covering 15 cities from Lagos to Calabar.

* ROAD: 25 major highways being funded with the N100b Sukuk Bond, and all geo-political zones are benefitting equally

This Administration is not unaware of the enormity of the challenges facing the nation, but we are up to the task. We have taken the bull by the horns, and long-suffering Nigerians will begin to experience a new lease of life as our efforts yield fruits. We will not go into a state of funk for whatever reason.

On the Herders/Farmers' clashes, this Administration is determined to end the crisis resulting from this once and for all, not minding the fact that the clashes predate us. we urge Nigerians to have faith in the Administration's ability to resolve the crisis, and to watch out for concrete measures in this regard.

On whether or not President Muhammadu Buhari should run for another term, it is true that many Nigerians have been calling on the President to run again, while others are opposed to his return. However, we believe this issue is a distraction for the President at this time. This is because Mr. President spends every waking hour tackling the enormous challenges facing the nation, most of which were bequeathed to his Administration by successive past Administrations. He is committed to fulfilling the mandate given to him by Nigerians in 2015. And that's where we are right now!

Finally, we have no reason to believe that former President Obasanjo has any motive beyond the well-being of the nation in issuing his Special Press Statement. We have also taken his admonition in good faith, and we thank him most sincerely for taking time off his busy schedule to pen such a long statement.

https://politicsngr.com/just-in-lai-mohammed-replies-obasanjo-over-letter-to-buhari/

I see no change
Tupac, 1996
Re: Lai Mohammed Replies Obasanjo's Letter To Buhari (Full Statement) by porka: 8:18pm On Jan 24, 2018
12inches1:

Sometimes I wonder whether these politicians think all Nigerians are da.ft. All that Lai Muhammed has put here as achievements are related to the rise in oil prices in the international oil market. Rather than comparing the economy before and after the oil price went up, how about he compare the economy now when the oil price is stable and the oil price during Goodluck era when oil was stable as well. Can you imagine him saying inflation reduced. Before nko. Everyone knows that Nigeria is largely dependent on oil and when oil price goes up inflation in Nigeria will reduce.

They somehow believe too much in their JAZZ's ability to hypnotize their ZOMBIES eternally.
Re: Lai Mohammed Replies Obasanjo's Letter To Buhari (Full Statement) by origima: 8:18pm On Jan 24, 2018
olalat:
oga, come to nasarawa state, I will facilitate land for you to plant either rice or corn. Better still, come and engage in commodity exchange deal and make money instead of ranting every our on the internet. An intelligent person does not complain but seek opportunities to make cool money in a legit way. In my personal capacity, I see people like you as jobless nonentity. A busy man does not spend all his time trolling Internet. Buhari may not have done well in some areas, definitely his agro policy is working. N power stuff is real. Prices are coming down gradually. All of you jobless internet urchins should look for job. If you like, go and read dictionary to adapt big grammar for an insult, na u sabi.

My worry about some Nigerians is that even when they claim to be trillionairs and professors they reasons like fools,petty traders and lack wisdom. Yes buhari can go but who is there alternative?

2 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed Replies Obasanjo's Letter To Buhari (Full Statement) by jelel6: 8:19pm On Jan 24, 2018
This is the Kind of reply that only people of learning can produced. I really liked the tone and purpose of the reply, thumbs up to Lair Muhammed for successfully seeing through the Bait Letter for all that it is.

I actually read through OBJs letter carefully and I totally share his worries as do many other Nigerians. I thought the letter was Fair.

The Major down vote for Buhari for me is the Killings happening to people all over the country and their approach to it. I totally believe Buhari is not 100 percent committed to ending the farmers-herdsmen's clashes because of sentiments towards the perpetrators. majority of Nigerians are tribalist, Buhari is no exception. But a line must be drawn when some people think they can take the life of others unopposed.

Last Bullet:

The comments (most) above reeks OF insensibility! listen to other Nation's citizens discuss and compare with here, it is easy to understand why we have the kind of leaders that we do.

OUR LEADERS CAN'T BE ANY DIFFERENT FROM WHAT WE THE FOLLOWERS ARE. Nigeria is not quite ready for THE RIGHT LEADER YET.

2 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed Replies Obasanjo's Letter To Buhari (Full Statement) by GoodGovernance: 8:20pm On Jan 24, 2018
NairaMaster1:

I see no change
Tupac, 1996

You see no change, because of lack of vision.

(K)Caput ,2018.
Re: Lai Mohammed Replies Obasanjo's Letter To Buhari (Full Statement) by donsaggy(m): 8:20pm On Jan 24, 2018
Na so...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Inappropriately Dressed SARS Officer Leaves Nigerians Dissappointed (Picture) / Throwback Photo Of Bola Tinubu As A Teenager / Police Parades Mpape Robbery Suspects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.