Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,149 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

Pastor Benny Hinn : The 7 Keys To An Intimate Relationship With The Holy Spirit - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Benny Hinn : The 7 Keys To An Intimate Relationship With The Holy Spirit (1490 Views)

Benny Hinn: I Am So Wrong About Prosperity Gospel, I Don't Fly Private Jets / CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria / Benny Hinn 'Faints' As A Nigerian Sows $1 Million Into His Ministry (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Benny Hinn : The 7 Keys To An Intimate Relationship With The Holy Spirit by DailyDevotion1: 6:23am On Jan 25, 2018
Four days before Christmas 1973, I went with a friend of mine, Jim Poynter, on a charter bus trip from Toronto to Pittsburgh for a Kathryn Kuhlman meeting. It would be a day that would change my life forever!
I knew very little about her ministry, yet when we arrived at the First Presbyterian Church in downtown Pittsburgh, hundreds of people were already there, though the doors wouldn’t open for several hours.

As I stood in line, I suddenly began to quiver. Nothing like that had ever happened before. It didn’t stop. I was too embarrassed to tell Jim or anyone around me. Even when we got to our seats on the third row in the auditorium, the shaking continued. The longer it continued, the more beautiful it became.
Then Kathryn Kuhlman appeared on stage. The atmosphere in the building changed immediately. Everyone began singing, “How Great Thou Art.” Tears gushed down my face. It was a feeling of intense glory. I was literally singing the words from my soul.

“CAN I MEET YOU? CAN I REALLY MEET YOU?”

In my young Christian experience, God had touched me before, but never as He was touching me that day. It was as if the waves of a gentle breeze were flowing around me.
As the evangelist began ministering to the crowd, I was so lost in the Spirit that all I could whisper was, “Dear Jesus, please have mercy on me.” I felt so unworthy. Again and again, I said the words. During the next three hours, the service may have seemed long to some, but it seemed like a fleeting moment. I saw the deaf hearing, people rising from wheelchairs, and so much more.

Then everything stopped. I prayed silently, “Please, Lord, don’t ever let this meeting end.”
I suddenly noticed that Kathryn was burying her head in her hands, sobbing so loudly that everything came to a standstill. Then, standing just a few feet in front of me, her eyes seemed aflame as she took on a boldness I had never seen in anyone before.
She began pleading as she looked out over the audience, “Please, don’t grieve the Holy Spirit.”
Even today, more than 43 years later, I can still see her eyes. It was as if she was looking straight at me.
Then she said, “Don’t you understand? He’s all I’ve got!”
I thought, “What is she talking about?”

She continued speaking, “Please! Don’t wound Him. He’s all I’ve got. Don’t wound the One I love!”
I will never forget those words. I can remember the intensity of her breathing when she said them. Those moments are etched permanently into my memory. Then she pointed her finger down at me and said with such powerful clarity, “He’s more real than anything in the world!”
At that moment, I cried and said, “I’ve got to have this!”

Within moments, the service was over. I was shaken to the core. God had used that service and that mighty evangelist to reveal His power that day. All the way back to Toronto, I kept thinking, “What did she mean? What was she saying when she talked about the Holy Spirit?”
I was totally exhausted when I arrived home, but I couldn’t sleep. As I lay on my bed, I felt as if someone was pulling me off the mattress and onto my knees. It was a strange sensation, but I didn’t resist. I had never spoken to the Holy Spirit before. I didn’t know He could be addressed that way.
Finally, I prayed, “Holy Spirit, Kathryn Kuhlman says You are her Friend. I don’t think I know You. Now, before today I thought I did. But after that meeting, I realize I really don’t. I don’t think I know You.”

Then, like a child with my hands raised, I asked, “Can I meet You? Can I really meet You?” A few brief moments passed, then like a jolt of electricity, my body began to quiver all over again, exactly as I had experienced at the church in Pittsburgh.
I was afraid to open my eyes. I felt like a warm blanket of God’s power was wrapped all over me. That continued until I finally dropped off to sleep that night. Even then, I still didn’t realize all that had happened to me.

A NEW INTIMACY

The next morning, three days before Christmas, I awoke, and the first words I spoke to my newfound Friend were, “Good morning, Holy Spirit!”
At that instant, I knew He was there with me. As I opened my Bible, He was there sitting beside me. From that moment, everything about the Bible, my prayer life, my worship, and my relationship with God took on an entirely new dimension.
For the next eight hours I had an incredible experience with the Holy Spirit that changed the course of my life forever. Tears of wonderment and joy coursed down my cheeks.
I had just turned 21. Christmas was approaching, yet I had already received the best present ever!
Less than a year later, God would open the door for me to step behind a pulpit to preach for the first time, and in that moment He would simultaneously heal a life-long stuttering problem and give birth to a ministry that would eventually reach around the globe.

That’s why, more than four decades later, I can tell you with every fiber in my being that the Holy Spirit desires to have an intimate relationship with you. It’s possible! And it begins with a hunger to know Him—to really know Him!
Pay Attention: Be blessed with other Pastor Benny Hinn Teaching By clicking here

7 KEYS TO AN INTIMATE RELATIONSHIP WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT

Walking intimately with the Holy Spirit is not something unique to only a few passionate believers. Far from it!
In fact, I truly believe that every Christian is to be thirsty and hungry for God’s presence and power. The psalmist wrote, “As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God” (Psalm 32:1-2).
We must be thirsty and hungering for Him, knowing that only He “satisfieth the longing soul, and filleth the hungry soul with goodness” (Psalm 107:9). Unfortunately, we often try to fill that longing with substitutes.

Continue and complete this Teaching By Pastor Benny Hinn here - http://www.muyilight.com/2018/01/pastor-benny-hinn-teaching-7-keys-to.html
Re: Pastor Benny Hinn : The 7 Keys To An Intimate Relationship With The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 8:19am On Jan 25, 2018
Is the same Benny Hinn under investigation for TAX EVASION and FRAUD in the US.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Benny Hinn : The 7 Keys To An Intimate Relationship With The Holy Spirit by GoodMuyis(m): 8:57am On Jan 25, 2018
frosbel2:
Is the same Benny Hinn under investigation for TAX EVASION and FRAUD in the US.

What if it was a management issues. A minister of his caliber cannot leave the ministry of preaching and focus his attention to money. Thats why he employed people to do it.

Be guided dont be a nuisance

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: COZA Senior Pastor Steps Aside - / The Jewish Torah And The Igbo Odinani. / Where is Father X-mas ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.