Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:10 AM

Parental Pressure On Having A Male Child. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Parental Pressure On Having A Male Child. (1076 Views)

Having A Male Child / Is The Male Child More Important Than The Female Child In This Modern Age / Female Child Is More Valuable Than Male Child – Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Parental Pressure On Having A Male Child. by TimT: 11:51am On Jan 25, 2018
Guys please help me out here... My mum and I have been at loggerheads over this issue of importance of male child... Am the last born in my family and my dad's family lineage has NEVER produced two boys and girls from the same union... It's either a male and the rest females or vice versa.... 3 of my elder ones who have children have the same issue.. Am letting my mum Know that if a have all round Girls(only two children I need), I will let my wife know that the fault is from my family tree... but my mum still insist that "If a woman can't produce male child then I had better get another wife"... And the worse thing here is that, my Dad completely agrees with my mum... Only my brothers agree with me ooh....
Is it proper for parents to still place Importance of male child over female IN THIS 21ST CENTURY?
Re: Parental Pressure On Having A Male Child. by keepingmum: 12:16pm On Jan 25, 2018
TimT:
Guys please help me out here... My mum and I have been at loggerheads over this issue of importance of male child... Am the last born in my family and my dad's family lineage has NEVER produced two boys and girls from the same union... It's either a male and the rest females or vice versa.... 3 of my elder ones who have children have the same issue.. Am letting my mum Know that if a have all round Girls(only two children I need), I will let my wife know that the fault is from my family tree... but my mum still insist that "If a woman can't produce male child then I had better get another wife"... And the worse thing here is that, my Dad completely agrees with my mum... Only my brothers agree with me ooh....
Is it proper for parents to still place Importance of male child over female IN THIS 21ST CENTURY?

So in your entire household you dont know that its a man that determines the sez of a child?

Well, Ask your mum why she couldnt produce another male child for your dad, or better yet, encourage your dad to marry a 2nd wife and a third or fourth with the sole aim of increasing male siblings for u and children for your dad

2 Likes

Re: Parental Pressure On Having A Male Child. by NoToPile: 1:06pm On Jan 25, 2018
keepingmum:

Ask your mum why she couldnt produce another male child for your dad, or better yet, encourage your dad to marry a 2nd wife and a third or fourth with the sole aim of increasing male siblings for u and children for your dad

grin grin grin

Nairalanders will not kill someone
Re: Parental Pressure On Having A Male Child. by ImaIma1(f): 2:31pm On Jan 25, 2018
If you are the only son as you said there is usually only one male...how come you have brothers? ..."only my brothers agree with me"
Re: Parental Pressure On Having A Male Child. by TimT: 2:35pm On Jan 25, 2018
ImaIma1:
If you are the only son as you said there is usually only one male...how come you have brothers? ..."only my brothers agree with me"
I said and vice versa... meaning that in my family, there are 6 boys and 1 girl... am the last child and last boy....

1 Like

Re: Parental Pressure On Having A Male Child. by ImaIma1(f): 3:34pm On Jan 25, 2018
TimT:

I said and vice versa... meaning that in my family, there are 6 boys and 1 girl... am the last child and last boy....

My bad!!
Re: Parental Pressure On Having A Male Child. by Nobody: 10:34am On Jan 26, 2018
keepingmum:

So in your entire household you dont know that its a man that determines the sez of a child?

Well, Ask your mum why she couldnt produce another male child for your dad, or better yet, encourage your dad to marry a 2nd wife and a third or fourth with the sole aim of increasing male siblings for u and children for your dad
women are their own worse enemies

(1) (Reply)

My Woman My Everything / I Need Someone To Talk To / Can We Still Enjoy Marriage After Premarital Sex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.