Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,613 members, 7,827,307 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

Buhari Has Achieved More Than Obasanjo Did In Eight Years - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Has Achieved More Than Obasanjo Did In Eight Years (1422 Views)

Adeseye Ogunlewe: Tinubu Has Achieved More Than Awolowo, MKO Abiola / What Obasanjo Did To Me For Begging Him Not To Run For Second Term – Senator Kha / Buhari’s Three Years Far Better Than Obasanjo’s Eight Years – Tony Momoh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Has Achieved More Than Obasanjo Did In Eight Years by adsacct: 1:58pm On Jan 25, 2018
Buhari Has Achieved More Than Obasanjo Did In Eight Years – Sagay

[img]https://1.bp..com/-igTJ34UuGTY/Wmh4rL9yoEI/AAAAAAAAGE8/8o0HiuIl2d81JKP7IU3BvS9V2cbp7QZpgCK4BGAYYCw/s1600/Itse-Sagay.jpg[/img]

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s criticism of President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration has continued to trigger more controversy and trade of words across the country.

While the Presidency and the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) defended the President, Professor Itse Sagay believes the former President lacks the moral right to fault the president government.

The Chairman of the Presidential Advisory Committee on Anti-Corruption (PACAC) told Channels Television in a telephone interview the Buhari administration recorded more achievements than the eight-year rule of former President Obasanjo.

“I want to make a clear statement that in my view, what the Buhari government has achieved in two and half years is far more than what Obasanjo achieved in eight years,” said the senior lawyer.

“He (Obasanjo) has no right to start writing public letters and running down other governments simply because he’s no longer the one in power.”

The former President, in the 13-page statement issued on Tuesday, advised President Buhari not to seek re-election and called for a new movement to salvage Nigeria from its challenges.

He said the present government has failed, especially in one of the areas it pitched as its ‘key point of action’ when it assumed office – the anti-corruption fight.

In his reaction, Sagay believes Obasanjo lacks the moral right to offer such advice to the President, noting that it is coming from the wrong source.

He said: “My immediate reaction is that it sounds very ill in the mouth of the person who sought three terms of presidency to demand that the person who has not even sought a second term to abort any idea of doing the second term.

“That advice is coming from the wrong source; he has no moral right to give that advice.”

The PACAC chairman noted that he has monitored President Buhari’s government closely and cannot overlook that fact that it has had its own challenges.

He, however, insisted that it has been the best government since the country returned to democracy while accusing the former President of disrespecting his successors.

“This is the best government we have had since the return to civilian rule in 1999; far better than Obasanjo’s,” Sagay said.

“Obasanjo appears not to have respect for other people who have been in governance after him – (Late Umar) Yar’Adua, (Dr Goodluck) Jonathan, (President) Buhari.

“He has this penchant for writing derogatory letters about them and publishing it in the press and making them look bad to the public, and it shows lack of respect and my own view is that he wants to continue to dominate Nigerian politics,” he alleged.

Source: http://enternations.com/thread/84/buhari-achieved-more-obasanjo-years

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Has Achieved More Than Obasanjo Did In Eight Years by MicheyJ1: 1:59pm On Jan 25, 2018
I don't understand how some people can come on air and lie so brazenly through their teeth. How can you say Buhari has achieved more. When you know Buhari doesn't have a single achievement in 3 years

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Achieved More Than Obasanjo Did In Eight Years by freeze001(f): 2:02pm On Jan 25, 2018
Obasanjo is not contesting election o! Why is his administration now subject to comparison with the current? Is it now they know they will check n compare? All the while they had been screaming about 16 years of PDP, would they not start and conclude all comparisons and investigations from 2010 to 2015? 1999-2007 was a no-go area; even Yar'adua's short stint has been studiously avoided so what has changed?

Somehow it was as if the last 5 years before APC was all they saw about PDP because OBJ tore PDP membership card and wrote letter to GEJ. Suddenly he lacks the moral right to do the same now because buhari is the holiest saint or what? Hypocrites everywhere!

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Achieved More Than Obasanjo Did In Eight Years by MrHistorian: 2:02pm On Jan 25, 2018
freeze001:
Obasanjo is not contesting election o! Why is his administration now subject to comparison with the current? Is it now they know they will check n compare?
Since he has the gut to write an unsolicited letter blaming the present administration of what he couldn't achieved even after many years!!

The same man that under his administration, a sitting governor was kidnapped,series of unconstitutional Governor impeachments and massive financial looting.

What I know is OBJ has lost the moral high ground to question governance since he was a recorded failure at it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Has Achieved More Than Obasanjo Did In Eight Years by pode(m): 2:03pm On Jan 25, 2018
Sir please list it out for us, because people from this side if the country still finding one single project you so called Messiah in 2015 promised the nation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Has Achieved More Than Obasanjo Did In Eight Years by usba: 2:04pm On Jan 25, 2018
[s]
freeze001:
Obasanjo is not contesting election o! Why is his administration now subject to comparison with the current? Is it now they know they will check n compare?
[/s]

Read and understand not read and hater-stand

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Has Achieved More Than Obasanjo Did In Eight Years by freeze001(f): 2:09pm On Jan 25, 2018
MrHistorian:

Since he has the gut to write an unsolicited letter blaming the present administration of what he couldn't achieved even after many years!!

The same man that under his administration, a sitting governor was kidnapped,series of unconstitutional Governor impeachments and massive financial looting.

What I know is OBJ has lost the moral high ground to question governance since he was a recorded failure at it.

No be all of una dey support am when him do GEJ? Did u ever say he lost the moral high ground to criticise another president cos he didn't achieve much in his own 8yrs? Is he a different person now? If u welcomed his scathing letter to GEJ, u must welcome and applaud this one now.
Recorded failure whom u enjoyed his support abi?

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Achieved More Than Obasanjo Did In Eight Years by freeze001(f): 2:10pm On Jan 25, 2018
usba:
[s][/s]

Read and understand not read and hater-stand

Go back and read my entire post.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Achieved More Than Obasanjo Did In Eight Years by usba: 2:11pm On Jan 25, 2018
freeze001:

Go back and read my entire post.

Come and take me back to your post nah!
Re: Buhari Has Achieved More Than Obasanjo Did In Eight Years by freeze001(f): 2:12pm On Jan 25, 2018
usba:

Come and take me back to your post nah!

Then enjoy the letter...it speaks the entire truth whether u like OBJ's ugly face or not.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Achieved More Than Obasanjo Did In Eight Years by buhariguy(m): 2:14pm On Jan 25, 2018
Hahahahaha.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Achieved More Than Obasanjo Did In Eight Years by Desyner: 2:14pm On Jan 25, 2018
Joke Government.
My people are useless, my people are senseless, my people are indisciplined. . . Na Nigeria goverment ti o . . . Them dey talk e o . . .
Fela Anikulapo.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Achieved More Than Obasanjo Did In Eight Years by SweetJoystick(m): 2:15pm On Jan 25, 2018
Stupid man
Re: Buhari Has Achieved More Than Obasanjo Did In Eight Years by Pharaoh001(f): 2:30pm On Jan 25, 2018
All this people are mad,all of them including Tinubu,Falae,Obasanjo,Jonathon,David Mark,Buhari,FaniKayode, Otedola,Saraki and so on...needs to be dealt with!
WE NEED RESOLUTION IN NIGERIA!!!

Solution to our Problem is that; We should divide Nigeria into 3...each ethnic will/should select a leader/president who is best for them. or we should be re-colonized.... I think thats the solution.. D.trump calling Africa a Shithole might be right
Re: Buhari Has Achieved More Than Obasanjo Did In Eight Years by Obudupikin: 2:31pm On Jan 25, 2018
This man is one reason I sometime wonder the quality of professors we have in Nigeria. angry

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Achieved More Than Obasanjo Did In Eight Years by buhariguy(m): 3:09pm On Jan 25, 2018
MicheyJ1:
I don't understand how some people can come on air and lie so brazenly through their teeth. How can you say Buhari has achieved more. When you know Buhari doesn't have a single achievement in 3 years
so what is thief obasanjo achievement in 8yrs.?
And what is your ineffectual buffoon achievement in 6yrs?
Buhari is building more and improving upon any achievement of the past 16yrs of PDP.
That is why buhari still remain the best president so far.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Has Achieved More Than Obasanjo Did In Eight Years by Bizibi(m): 3:22pm On Jan 25, 2018
buhariguy:
Buhari is only building upon any achievement of past 16yrs of PDP.
Jesu!!!!!!!
Re: Buhari Has Achieved More Than Obasanjo Did In Eight Years by BianoJay(m): 3:34pm On Jan 25, 2018
It seems the APC used their demonic broom to sweep reasoning and sense away from all their appointees.
Re: Buhari Has Achieved More Than Obasanjo Did In Eight Years by aolawale025: 3:44pm On Jan 25, 2018
It beats me hollow why southerners allow themselves to be used against their fellow southerners.
Re: Buhari Has Achieved More Than Obasanjo Did In Eight Years by freeze001(f): 3:51pm On Jan 25, 2018
aolawale025:
It beats me hollow why southerners allow themselves to be used against their fellow southerners.

I honestly don't understand, they like to pretend to be objective but end up forgetting the essence of whom they are and where they come from. They are the first to endorse others while no one does that for them, they are always spokespersons and media aides available to tell all the lies and half-truths. See Shittu blatantly breaking electoral laws because he wants to show support by procuring and displaying campaign materials at FEC Meeting, long before campaigns are stipulated to commence by law. I just tire I swear.
Re: Buhari Has Achieved More Than Obasanjo Did In Eight Years by Lipscomb(m): 4:19pm On Jan 25, 2018
This ugly man talking too much same them make people rubbish the Mr president talkative bastard .
Re: Buhari Has Achieved More Than Obasanjo Did In Eight Years by vickzie(m): 4:29pm On Jan 25, 2018
of course, it's true, buhari has achieved in putting the country in recession in 3 years, increased fuel price and no one complained, herdsmen are carrying weapons and killing people in broad daylight without remorse, tribalistic and nepotism is the order of the day, all these and more in 3 years, now tell me, isn't that achievement?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Achieved More Than Obasanjo Did In Eight Years by wingmanII: 4:34pm On Jan 25, 2018
Obudupikin:
This man is one reason I sometime wonder the quality of professors we have in Nigeria. angry
True. The man is so shamelessly partisan, he could even be a Nairalander. Professor my nyash.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Achieved More Than Obasanjo Did In Eight Years by pointstores(m): 4:39pm On Jan 25, 2018
Liar liar from the pit of hell he has successfully added more problem to the problems
Re: Buhari Has Achieved More Than Obasanjo Did In Eight Years by buhariguy(m): 4:39pm On Jan 25, 2018
aolawale025:
I hate tribalism

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Achieved More Than Obasanjo Did In Eight Years by Skinnienigga(m): 5:11pm On Jan 25, 2018
buhariguy:
Buhari is building more and improving upon any achievement of the past 16yrs of PDP.

Lol.

#LaiMohammed spotted.
Re: Buhari Has Achieved More Than Obasanjo Did In Eight Years by DerideGull(m): 5:51pm On Jan 25, 2018
adsacct:
Buhari Has Achieved More Than Obasanjo Did In Eight Years – Sagay

[img]https://1.bp..com/-igTJ34UuGTY/Wmh4rL9yoEI/AAAAAAAAGE8/8o0HiuIl2d81JKP7IU3BvS9V2cbp7QZpgCK4BGAYYCw/s1600/Itse-Sagay.jpg[/img]

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s criticism of President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration has continued to trigger more controversy and trade of words across the country.

While the Presidency and the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) defended the President, Professor Itse Sagay believes the former President lacks the moral right to fault the president government.

The Chairman of the Presidential Advisory Committee on Anti-Corruption (PACAC) told Channels Television in a telephone interview the Buhari administration recorded more achievements than the eight-year rule of former President Obasanjo.

“I want to make a clear statement that in my view, what the Buhari government has achieved in two and half years is far more than what Obasanjo achieved in eight years,” said the senior lawyer.

“He (Obasanjo) has no right to start writing public letters and running down other governments simply because he’s no longer the one in power.”

The former President, in the 13-page statement issued on Tuesday, advised President Buhari not to seek re-election and called for a new movement to salvage Nigeria from its challenges.

He said the present government has failed, especially in one of the areas it pitched as its ‘key point of action’ when it assumed office – the anti-corruption fight.

In his reaction, Sagay believes Obasanjo lacks the moral right to offer such advice to the President, noting that it is coming from the wrong source.

He said: “My immediate reaction is that it sounds very ill in the mouth of the person who sought three terms of presidency to demand that the person who has not even sought a second term to abort any idea of doing the second term.

“That advice is coming from the wrong source; he has no moral right to give that advice.”

The PACAC chairman noted that he has monitored President Buhari’s government closely and cannot overlook that fact that it has had its own challenges.

He, however, insisted that it has been the best government since the country returned to democracy while accusing the former President of disrespecting his successors.

“This is the best government we have had since the return to civilian rule in 1999; far better than Obasanjo’s,” Sagay said.

“Obasanjo appears not to have respect for other people who have been in governance after him – (Late Umar) Yar’Adua, (Dr Goodluck) Jonathan, (President) Buhari.

“He has this penchant for writing derogatory letters about them and publishing it in the press and making them look bad to the public, and it shows lack of respect and my own view is that he wants to continue to dominate Nigerian politics,” he alleged.

Source: http://enternations.com/thread/84/buhari-achieved-more-obasanjo-years

Both "Buharia" and "Obasonjo" cannot arouse intellectual discussion. However, Sagay is a village drunk who claimed to be a constitutional expert yet did not know the functions of a Senate or its committees.
Re: Buhari Has Achieved More Than Obasanjo Did In Eight Years by slimghost(m): 8:18pm On Jan 25, 2018
Whoever takes the dingbat called SIR-GAY serious?
Re: Buhari Has Achieved More Than Obasanjo Did In Eight Years by james592: 8:39pm On Jul 22, 2018
update

(1) (Reply)

Fg Hires International Media Consultant To Tackle IPOB- Photo / Concern As IGP Floods Kwara With Undercover Officers / We Can Bring Onitsha River Port Back To Life —ICNL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.