Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,886 members, 7,814,003 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

6 Blogging Practices That Scares Away Your Potential Visitors - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 6 Blogging Practices That Scares Away Your Potential Visitors (3898 Views)

8 Website Mistakes That Will Cost You Rankings, Visitors & Conversions. / Tips For Optimizing A Blog For Search Engines Web Visitors / Aminat Olajumoke Ajibola Amiloaded: "Blogging Is Not For The Feeble-minded" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Blogging Practices That Scares Away Your Potential Visitors by explosivesedo: 6:03pm On Jan 25, 2018
There are several actions you put up in your websites that happens to scare away your potential visitors thereby making it impossible for people to stay for long in your website and also brings down user experience and also increase bounce rate.

When your website visitors find anything wrong with your website, they wouldn’t report such to your comment section as naturally it would seem an insult to the website owner so I suggest you use this guide to find them yourself. Several websites complain of loosing their visitors over time as they tried making their websites much advanced.

“Certain websites loose their potential visitors whenever they try to do a little upgrade in their websites like better notification, theme and subscription notice”

It is always something you should note and keep with yourself that a blog with a simple outlook does better and tends to loose its potency once it is too advanced. I wasn’t in any way trying to say that upgrading your website is bad but it isn’t a good idea to endorse some actions while upgrading your website.

“Just as we decided to do this, need we remind you that your website theme affects much of your SEO performance and your revenue through your ads?”

We selectively handpicked some of these practices and better explained them in effect that if you have been practicing them it will be wise you stopped.

Let’s quickly dive into these practices.

Using non-associated images on articles
For the records, website visitors love seeing images that says more about the writeup while reading websites contents. This is basically what entertainment bloggers should understand about misleading your visitors.

Sometimes, entertainment bloggers post links in forums like Nairaland and say “see a hectic accident that happened somewhere and when you go in to see the photos, you will endup seeing nothing related to the headline just read”.

It is always best advised if you are writing an article in your blog, better express the articles and images in a coherent manner so as to gain the affection and appreciation of your visitors.

Severally I see photos on Facebook posts and they send a meaningful and captivating message to viewers but if you mistakenly click on it you will end up seeing a non-informative news altogether.

This is one hell of practice several bloggers conduct in their websites and this have a very bad effect in advertising on social medias ie:

. Facebook audience will be confused what action your post is trying to pass considering you have a different image and a different caption message for the promotion.

. Twitter will also have a very negative effect on this as a result of diversified attention as your image and your caption message wasn’t same.

. Linkedln ads will also do the same as your images will always say a different thing about your real intent.

. In a nutshell, every social media strategy used to promote websites would work adversely with the website article being advertised.

Using disturbing popup email subscription tag
I am a fan of several other websites as I still do learn and everyone is still a learner but let’s get one thing straight.

When you force your web visitors to subscribe to your blog they may end up not subscribing as your pop email subscription tag always disturbs reader experience.

If we could take away the fact that some of us use this on our websites, how do you normally feel if you’re always bothered to subscribe by the websites you visit?

“its boring right?”

Why not leave your visitors to subscribe to your newsletter if they enjoyed your articles and wanted to learn more in due time? If you force your visitors to subscribe to your newsletter they may end up not reading your numerous emails.

If you checked out several top level domains (TLDs) in Nigeria, they do not sought to bore their visitors with may popups rather they prefer you signup the normal way if you wished to see and read more of their contents.

Recall that email subscribers are your most loyal visitors so they must come naturally.

Using push notification on the website
Push notifications for those who do not seem to know what push notification is:

This is regarded as the message that appear on the top left side of the laptop screen while on a webpage and normally spells out:

“would you like this website to send notifications and they give options for allow and block”

Several websites use push notifications that sometimes seem to scare their visitors away, basically those using mobile phones to view their websites.

These push notifications blocks off the total face of the phone screen and the visitor hardly sees what he doing around the background.

This sometimes makes your visitors to grow annoyed and they may quit the website entirely or they will tend not to visit often.

Using too large popup ads in your website
Using google Adsense on a website is a neat and beautiful thing to do as the ads appear much beautifully and as well arranged perfectly.

On the other hand, several people use google Adsense in a very offending manner. Sometimes you visit websites and see ads flooding the page you visited, these not being the infeed ads, inarticle ads or native ads but some pop up ads.

These ads cover the phone or laptops screen and never allows you to do anything else till you have rendered an impression on it.

These website owners do think they are making money from here but basically, you’re in a way trying to pursue your visitors from visiting your website.

Using a popup ads network in your website
Sometimes you will be navigating a website and at a time you seem to have non deliberately opened a link and it opens in another window or sometimes deliberately clicking on the scroll side of the website brings on a new window in your web browser.

“I suppose this is a bad experience as you will have to close those opened web windows”.

This is basically caused by popup ads networks being used on websites eg propeller ads, popads, revenuehits and a host others.

Many at times, this is seen in locally owned websites with no google Adsense ads on them but other ads networks on them. I understand this because I have once experimented with it.

Making much repetition of a phrase in your article (Bad SEO Practice)
I suppose you have read, seen or read the part of SEO that suggest that you should use your keyword in your article body as many times as good.

This isn’t trying to imply you should use it in such a way to bore your visitors but alternatively, several bloggers do use it in their whole article and make it seem boring and best ascribed as a “tautology”.

You should mention your keyword in your article but not exceeding the normal number of times you should do that. This should be from 5-10 times depending on how long is the web article you’re writing.

Wrap up

Looking at these practices leveled above you will find out that they are selectively handpicked and nothing seemed to be missing. If you have any reason to say otherwise, the comment section is here.

If these practices were avoided in websites, you will end up having a very good blog or website which is almost close to being perfect.

Source: http://blogincomes.com.ng/6-blogging-practices-scares-away-potential-visitors/

1 Like

Re: 6 Blogging Practices That Scares Away Your Potential Visitors by RemedyLab: 6:23pm On Jan 25, 2018
Informative

You need not worry anymore about those killer infections and diseases, learn how to use common herbs and spices get rid of them at
www.naturalremedylab.com
Re: 6 Blogging Practices That Scares Away Your Potential Visitors by JailBreak: 6:47pm On Jan 25, 2018
Nicely Said.
Re: 6 Blogging Practices That Scares Away Your Potential Visitors by DanWrites(m): 7:06am On Jan 26, 2018
6 blogging practises...yet they weren't clearly outlined?

That's not the proper way to do a list...

Look at this post for instance:

http://www.dnbstories.com/2017/11/10-things-to-know-before-moving-to-lagos.html?m=1

7 Likes

Re: 6 Blogging Practices That Scares Away Your Potential Visitors by bahgo2001: 7:07am On Jan 26, 2018
Following
Re: 6 Blogging Practices That Scares Away Your Potential Visitors by festwiz(m): 7:12am On Jan 26, 2018
Please, help review this website.

www.gorevs.com

Thanks in adv
Re: 6 Blogging Practices That Scares Away Your Potential Visitors by chinawapz(m): 7:14am On Jan 26, 2018
Good content!
check my signature below if you need a professional blog
Re: 6 Blogging Practices That Scares Away Your Potential Visitors by rxmusa(m): 7:15am On Jan 26, 2018
Quite informative
Re: 6 Blogging Practices That Scares Away Your Potential Visitors by evanso6226(f): 7:17am On Jan 26, 2018
Ok oo
Re: 6 Blogging Practices That Scares Away Your Potential Visitors by dHustle: 7:18am On Jan 26, 2018
DanWrites:

http://www.dnbstories.com/2017/11/10-things-to-know-before-moving-to-lagos.html?m=1
As in ehn

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Blogging Practices That Scares Away Your Potential Visitors by dHustle: 7:20am On Jan 26, 2018
Verified Naija Adsense available

Hit me 08 13+4 *37-16 87

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Blogging Practices That Scares Away Your Potential Visitors by Ajitech: 7:23am On Jan 26, 2018
Nice write up...Well informative

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Blogging Practices That Scares Away Your Potential Visitors by OduntanGabriel(m): 7:26am On Jan 26, 2018
Ok
Re: 6 Blogging Practices That Scares Away Your Potential Visitors by marooh: 7:30am On Jan 26, 2018
Pop ad.
Bad font.
Reload option.
Forcing user to like the post before proceed

Etc may cause user to hate ursite

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Blogging Practices That Scares Away Your Potential Visitors by Nobody: 7:31am On Jan 26, 2018
Generally I don't like blogs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Blogging Practices That Scares Away Your Potential Visitors by Nobody: 7:40am On Jan 26, 2018
Good thread. insightful

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Blogging Practices That Scares Away Your Potential Visitors by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 8:03am On Jan 26, 2018
Thanks, Review And Rate This Website Via http://www..com

1 Like

Re: 6 Blogging Practices That Scares Away Your Potential Visitors by Psiteshio: 8:10am On Jan 26, 2018
Generally ,idont like blog
Visit my forum here and register then PM me to work to gather www.tuzungumze.com
Even you are invester or supporting this forum.
Re: 6 Blogging Practices That Scares Away Your Potential Visitors by AvailableCofOLa(m): 8:15am On Jan 26, 2018
Nice thread. This is educating.
Re: 6 Blogging Practices That Scares Away Your Potential Visitors by MrHim(m): 8:53am On Jan 26, 2018
Nice read. I would advised highlighting your bullet points and headline - makes it easier on the eyes - thanks.
Re: 6 Blogging Practices That Scares Away Your Potential Visitors by 9jayes: 9:25am On Jan 26, 2018
Readability of this post is Zero
Re: 6 Blogging Practices That Scares Away Your Potential Visitors by newslifeop: 10:15am On Jan 26, 2018
Oh
Re: 6 Blogging Practices That Scares Away Your Potential Visitors by kabsedokenneth(m): 10:16am On Jan 26, 2018
I am deeply sorry for the readability error. I will correct it forthwith in another article I will publish here. Thanks

Blogincomes admin
Re: 6 Blogging Practices That Scares Away Your Potential Visitors by kabsedokenneth(m): 10:17am On Jan 26, 2018
marooh:
Pop ad.
Bad font.
Reload option.
Forcing user to like the post before proceed

Etc may cause user to hate ursite

Thanks for the reply
Re: 6 Blogging Practices That Scares Away Your Potential Visitors by kabsedokenneth(m): 10:20am On Jan 26, 2018
DanWrites:

I am sorry sir I will do a better job with the next article I will publish here on webmaster section.
Re: 6 Blogging Practices That Scares Away Your Potential Visitors by kabsedokenneth(m): 10:22am On Jan 26, 2018
UDOKABESTLUV:
Thanks, Review And Rate This Website Via http://www..com

Nice website sir
Re: 6 Blogging Practices That Scares Away Your Potential Visitors by kabsedokenneth(m): 10:23am On Jan 26, 2018
dHustle:
As in ehn

You're right sir I will do better.
Re: 6 Blogging Practices That Scares Away Your Potential Visitors by TalkTalkTwins(m): 10:37am On Jan 26, 2018
[s]...this post wasn't written to a full blog post standard[/s]

You should write post for scanners bro, thank me later!

1 Like

Re: 6 Blogging Practices That Scares Away Your Potential Visitors by DanWrites(m): 11:18am On Jan 26, 2018
kabsedokenneth:

I am sorry sir I will do a better job with the next article I will publish here on webmaster section.

Naa, your article is quite nice...it is the presentation I had an issue with.
You could have used numbers or bullets to separate the points.

1 Like

Re: 6 Blogging Practices That Scares Away Your Potential Visitors by Emeka71(m): 2:01pm On Jan 26, 2018
Psiteshio:
Generally ,idont like blog
Visit my forum here and register then PM me to work to gather www.tuzungumze.com
Even you are invester or supporting this forum.
But blog is very helpful in profering solutions to problems; yherris one at www.9jatotalfacts.
Re: 6 Blogging Practices That Scares Away Your Potential Visitors by sexdoll: 6:00pm On Jan 26, 2018
DanWrites:

I tire.

If you see as I dey struggle to find the key points of the post eh... sad

1 Like

Re: 6 Blogging Practices That Scares Away Your Potential Visitors by dHustle: 8:27pm On Jan 26, 2018
Join bloggers here

Remove the plus sign(+) from the link

https://chat.+ whatsapp.com/6ZszePShuaL8WPOj0DFdIO

(1) (Reply)

Quick Review For A Website / Which Nigerian Bank Card Works For Google Ads / Easy Way Make Money Online 2019 ( Best Paying Affiliate Program)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.