Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,215 members, 7,815,243 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. - Pets (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. (14372 Views)

Conan, Dog Honoured At The White House After Chasing ISIS Leader, Al-Baghdadi / Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe / SEASON 2 Diary Of My Caucasian (bear) and puppies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. by Eveezy(m): 7:46pm On Apr 23, 2018
jayned:
Based on popular demand, meet Isis' parents.
Damn! Can u drop ur whatsapp contact? Let me chat u up to know d stud fee
Re: Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. by jayned: 8:43am On Apr 24, 2018
Eveezy:

Damn! Can u drop ur whatsapp contact? Let me chat u up to know d stud fee

070376229zero zero
Re: Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. by gman55(m): 10:03pm On May 01, 2018
Will appreciate your advise. Crossed my female Caucasian recently, she is heavy now.
I usually Feed her once a day, do I still keep to this routine or change?
What do you advice I feed her with given her present status, in addition to her meal.
Expect your feedback soonest
Re: Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. by jayned: 8:25am On May 02, 2018
gman55:
Will appreciate your advise. Crossed my female Caucasian recently, she is heavy now.
I usually Feed her once a day, do I still keep to this routine or change?
What do you advice I feed her with given her present status, in addition to her meal.
Expect your feedback soonest

In my opinion, you should maintain status quo. When I mated my dog for the first time, I was told to reduce her food ration to a quarter becos my dam was too large and also because they don't want the puppies to be too large at birth (to avoid complications). I was asked not to feed her egg and meat as well. Well, I did that. For the second season, I barely reduced her ration but I stopped egg and meat. I got the same results for both seasons.

I really don't know what the best practice is because when I googled it, I got different opinions. so I go with what works for me.

Meanwhile, the puppies were not large at birth for both seasons. In my opinion, the birth was pretty easy cos she just kept popping them out.

I attached a picture of my dam while whelping. ( this was before I moved her to a comfortable spot)

You may however give her small portions daily (if it's convenient for you) since she is pretty far along.

Re: Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. by jayned: 11:17pm On May 04, 2018
Isis at 6months 7 days. Her colour is changing seriously. She is growing long black hair now.

1 Like

Re: Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. by gman55(m): 12:34pm On May 06, 2018
jayned:

In my opinion, you should maintain status quo. When I mated my dog for the first time, I was told to reduce her food ration to a quarter becos my dam was too large and also because they don't want the puppies to be too large at birth (to avoid complications). I was asked not to feed her egg and meat as well. Well, I did that. For the second season, I barely reduced her ration but I stopped egg and meat. I got the same results for both seasons.

I really don't know what the best practice is because when I googled it, I got different opinions. so I go with what works for me.

Meanwhile, the puppies were not large at birth for both seasons. In my opinion, the birth was pretty easy cos she just kept popping them out.

I attached a picture of my dam while whelping. ( this was before I moved her to a comfortable spot)

You may however give her small portions daily (if it's convenient for you) since she is pretty far along.

Thanks for your response, my dam likes food, the option of cutting her ration may not work for me. Though I am considering stopping the daily eggs I add to her Diet as advised.
From your talk, the offspring size Will largely be determined by the parents DNA not the food you feed the mum when pregnant.
Learning alot from your post.
Thanks
Re: Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. by jayned: 7:41pm On May 06, 2018
gman55:

Thanks for your response, my dam likes food, the option of cutting her ration may not work for me. Though I am considering stopping the daily eggs I add to her Diet as advised.
From your talk, the offspring size Will largely be determined by the parents DNA not the food you feed the mum when pregnant.
Learning alot from your post.
Thanks

I am glad you are learning, we all are...food can definitely determine the puppies size at birth. It works even in humans.
Re: Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. by malayberry: 10:15am On May 10, 2018
jayned:
More! @ 3 months. her diet has changed now since the Arion finished and I could not get readily to buy. I got bingo which thankfully she liked it but her poo was terrible. It was black, not firm and stank. I initially thought she was ill and was worried sick.

I later figured the poop was that nature as a result of the bingo.

She is doing fine and full of energy. I gave up training her because it was really hard. But potty training worked thankfully.
please I need a Caucasian pup don't know if you have any or can put me through how to get a nice one thanks
Re: Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. by aywhy93(m): 3:46pm On May 11, 2018
jayned:

If the first part of this is true, that means my dam will most likely have complications but I'm sure she won't. I feed her twice a day normally and the breeder said she's too big, that I should reduce her food, when I used to think she's too small and wished I fed her better and richer food.

When I mated her, I read from different experienced foreign breeders that I should even feed her more starting from the second trimester. Now, I feed her heavily 3 times a day and sometimes 4, with milk and egg in her meals almost everyday. Expecting her to whelp on Sunday or before. Fingers crossed! BTW, mine is Boerboel though dogs are dogs.
Re: Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. by jayned: 2:12pm On May 12, 2018
aywhy93:

If the first part of this is true, that means my dam will most likely have complications but I'm sure she won't. I feed her twice a day normally and the breeder said she's too big, that I should reduce her food, when I used to think she's too small and wished I fed her better and richer food.

When I mated her, I read from different experienced foreign breeders that I should even feed her more starting from the second trimester. Now, I feed her heavily 3 times a day and sometimes 4, with milk and egg in her meals almost everyday. Expecting her to whelp on Sunday or before. Fingers crossed! BTW, mine is Boerboel though dogs are dogs.

Let's hope for the best. We will learn from your experience. Please keep us posted.
Re: Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. by gman55(m): 12:50am On May 25, 2018
Hello
I have followed your various thread with apt attention, and must say I am better for it.
My dam gave birth to six litters some 8days back. Her attitude to the pups have changed drastically, her feeding them have been altered too.
I saw in your post how you hand fed your pups, I got Complan already, need your advice on how you mix with egg why you choose complan and how long I give them before the next food routine. (what's your recommendation For the food I buy please)
I eagerly await your response as always.
Re: Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. by jayned: 7:34am On May 25, 2018
gman55:
Hello
I have followed your various thread with apt attention, and must say I am better for it.
My dam gave birth to six litters some 8days back. Her attitude to the pups have changed drastically, her feeding them have been altered too.
I saw in your post how you hand fed your pups, I got Complan already, need your advice on how you mix with egg why you choose complan and how long I give them before the next food routine. (what's your recommendation For the food I buy please)
I eagerly await your response as always.

Saw your DM but had issues with my phone so I ran here to see if u had made contact.

Congratulations on the birth I see it went well.

I chose complan because it is gluten free which is good for the puppies (apart from the high nutritional value). The guys that taught me this method said to use 1 egg yolk for each puppy for each feed and to feed 4 times daily. But I used less eggs cos I felt 4eggs per day was too much but at some point I did that sha.

1.I break the egg in a bowl, dip my fingers in water and pick the egg yolk.

2.Pour hot boiling water over the egg yolk and beat. (I noticed it coagulates if I boil and they don't swallow smoothly).

3. Let it cool abit then add my complan to prevent it from forming balls.

4. I feed when it's warm.

Using a syringe so as not to drown them and let it not be too watery.

At 3 weeks, I introduce cerelac to this formula. At 4 weeks I introduce Arion puppy to the formula.

You may not get it right the first time but it will get better. all the best.
Re: Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. by gman55(m): 2:49pm On May 25, 2018
jayned:

Saw your DM but had issues with my phone so I ran here to see if u had made contact.

Congratulations on the birth I see it went well.

I chose complan because it is gluten free which is good for the puppies (apart from the high nutritional value). The guys that taught me this method said to use 1 egg yolk for each puppy for each feed and to feed 4 times daily. But I used less eggs cos I felt 4eggs per day was too much but at some point I did that sha.

1.I break the egg in a bowl, dip my fingers in water and pick the egg yolk.

2.Pour hot boiling water over the egg yolk and beat. (I noticed it coagulates if I boil and they don't swallow smoothly).

3. Let it cool abit then add my complan to prevent it from forming balls.

4. I feed when it's warm.

Using a syringe so as not to drown them and let it not be too watery.

At 3 weeks, I introduce cerelac to this formula. At 4 weeks I introduce Arion puppy to the formula.

You may not get it right the first time but it will get better. all the best.

Thanks ma
Will start this evening
Re: Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. by gman55(m): 2:54pm On May 25, 2018
Hello ma
Per feeding what is the ml given to the pups
Re: Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. by jayned: 6:27pm On May 25, 2018
gman55:
Hello ma Per feeding what is the ml given to the pups
20ml for now.
Re: Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. by jayned: 6:35pm On May 25, 2018
gman55:

Thanks ma
Will start this evening

all the best. meanwhile, it will be nice if you can share pictures of the pups and story of the birth.
Re: Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. by teemzi: 4:02pm On May 27, 2018
Caucasian female puppy in lagos 09056188427 whtsap

1 Like

Re: Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. by gman55(m): 3:02pm On May 29, 2018
Hello
Now I know why Breeders and sellers of good breed can be mean and tough when you negotiate with them for a puppy.
The work no be here. Followed your instructions religiously, e pass stress of a human baby.
Firstly, I got the Complan Milk and crates of eggs. Opted for feeding bottle because of the soft nipples.
Carefully separated the yokes from the egg white.
The first time, I placed all six yokes in a bowl and added the boiling water stirred thoroughly, left it for a while, added like 5 teaspoons of the milk, mixed very well and attempted to feed them. Drama start. The first puppy I picked made a mess of the stuff, my wife had to rescue me. Skillfully she fed all puppy turn by turn, I was the one washing the feeding bottle and adding the correct portion as instructed.
The second attempt, I took one yoke at a time for each puppy. The task is herculean, but I am loving it.
The strong smell of the eggs, forces me to take my bath immediately after feeding them.
Expecting a vet today for deworming and cropping the ears.
One of the puppy is showing signs of aggression.
Thanks again for your prompt response when I ask questions I am really grateful. Have not been able to do the four times a day yet, but 2-3 times cos of my schedule.
I can't wait when they will be able to start eating themselves.

Re: Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. by jayned: 8:03pm On May 29, 2018
gman55:
Hello
Now I know why Breeders and sellers of good breed can be mean and tough when you negotiate with them for a puppy.
The work no be here. Followed your instructions religiously, e pass stress of a human baby.
Firstly, I got the Complan Milk and crates of eggs. Opted for feeding bottle because of the soft nipples.
Carefully separated the yokes from the egg white.
The first time, I placed all six yokes in a bowl and added the boiling water stirred thoroughly, left it for a while, added like 5 teaspoons of the milk, mixed very well and attempted to feed them. Drama start. The first puppy I picked made a mess of the stuff, my wife had to rescue me. Skillfully she fed all puppy turn by turn, I was the one washing the feeding bottle and adding the correct portion as instructed.
The second attempt, I took one yoke at a time for each puppy. The task is herculean, but I am loving it.
The strong smell of the eggs, forces me to take my bath immediately after feeding them.
Expecting a vet today for deworming and cropping the ears.
One of the puppy is showing signs of aggression.
Thanks again for your prompt response when I ask questions I am really grateful. Have not been able to do the four times a day yet, but 2-3 times cos of my schedule.
I can't wait when they will be able to start eating themselves.

I am glad you are getting a hang of it. (thanks to wifey) . Dont worry in no time they will and the stress will be less. I know it's really fun.

thanks for the pictures. all the best.
Re: Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. by smokey12345: 11:44am On Jun 29, 2018
pls where can I get a caucasian male or female pups
Re: Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. by jayned: 6:30pm On Jun 29, 2018
@gman55 please feel free to advertise your puppies here for the folks that have been waiting for my litter. it seems we ain't having any this season.
Re: Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. by countsparrow: 7:48am On Jun 30, 2018
jayned:
@gman55 please feel free to advertise your puppies here for the folks that have been waiting for my litter. it seems we ain't having any this season.

What happened? Thought your dog was pregnant
Re: Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. by jayned: 1:51pm On Jun 30, 2018
countsparrow:

What happened? Thought your dog was pregnant

Honestly, I don't know. It's day 74 today and no sign of labour. like I said in my other thread, she looks less pregnant everyday. Dont know if it was a phantom pregnancy or the puppies were absorbed. But there is no sign of bleeding, discharge or sickness. she has been gallant all through.
Re: Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. by countsparrow: 5:32pm On Jun 30, 2018
jayned:

Honestly, I don't know. It's day 74 today and no sign of labour. like I said in my other thread, she looks less pregnant everyday. Dont know if it was a phantom pregnancy or the puppies were absorbed. But there is no sign of bleeding, discharge or sickness. she has been gallant all through.

Wow! Maybe you should have restricted her like you always did before... We learn and try to get better everyday... Sorry
Re: Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. by teemzi: 11:19am On Jul 09, 2018
smokey12345:
pls where can I get a caucasian male or female pups
still needed?
Re: Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. by Jibola77: 1:24am On Jul 24, 2018
Hi guys, for everyone interested in buying a puppy, visit www.kennelpride.com. There are a lot of high quality pure breeds you can choose from. Also,Kennel Pride has puppies all year round.

Re: Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. by SeyiJayden(m): 4:08pm On Dec 04, 2018
Jayned sorry for derailing please I need confirmation of this breed I got myself ... Its a he Zeus according to the seller is 8weeks

1 Like

Re: Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. by ayobamiakinrind(m): 9:23am On Dec 05, 2018
SeyiJayden:
Jayned sorry for derailing please I need confirmation of this breed I got myself ... Its a he Zeus according to the seller is 8weeks
This is a GSD

1 Like

Re: Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. by LORDFEM: 4:12pm On Feb 21, 2020
same Father to my pup!!
jayned:
Based on popular demand, meet Isis' parents.

1 Like

Re: Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. by jayned: 2:43pm On Mar 18, 2020
LORDFEM:
same Father to my pup!!

Interesting! Small world!
Re: Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. by jayned: 1:48pm On Apr 13, 2020
LORDFEM:
same Father to my pup!!

He looks great. Are u in Jos?
Re: Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. by nairamaniac: 9:39am On Nov 22, 2020
op. do u have any recent picture of Isis?

did Isis finally give birth?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Breed Does This Puppy Lionel Messi Is Holding Belong To? / AJESEH PET STORE.Elero, ASHI,BODIJA,IBADAN. / Quality Boerboel, Rottweiler And Cane Corso For Stud Service In Ibadan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.