Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,756 members, 7,820,626 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

It's Disgraceful No Nigerian Refinery Performs Up To 50% - President Buhari Says - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It's Disgraceful No Nigerian Refinery Performs Up To 50% - President Buhari Says (13663 Views)

Buhari To Bandits: "Surrender Or Face Disgraceful And Violent End" / ‘IPOB Members’ Attack In South Africa Disgraceful’ - IPOB / Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

It's Disgraceful No Nigerian Refinery Performs Up To 50% - President Buhari Says by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:14pm On Jan 26, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday said it was disgraceful that no Nigerian refinery currently performs up to 50 per cent capacity.

He recalled that during his tenure as a military Head of State, all the nation’s refineries were working.

According to a statement by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, Buhari spoke when he received a delegation from Eni, led by the Chief Upstream Officer, Mr. Antonio Vella, at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

Buhari said apart from satisfying the demands of local market, Nigeria was also exporting 100,000 barrels of petrol during the period under review.

He said, “In my first coming, all our refineries were working. Port Harcourt used to refine 60,000 barrels per day, and it was later upgraded to 100,000 barrels.

“Kaduna and Warri were also working optimally, and we used to satisfy the demands of the local market. We also exported 100,000 barrels of refined petrol.

“Now, no refinery is performing up to 50%. It is a disgraceful thing.”

Buhari also appreciated Eni for its upcoming investments in the oil industry, which include rehabilitation of Port Harcourt refinery, and the building of a new one.

Leader of the Eni delegation, Vella, said his organisation had presented a technical proposal to the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation to rehabilitate the Port Harcourt refinery.

He said the firm had also done a feasibility study on a new refinery of up to 150,000 barrels per day capacity.

“Site selection has been completed, and 50 new graduates have already arrived in Italy for a training that will last seven months.

“There are other upstream initiatives, and a deep water project, with estimated expenditure of $13bn,” Vella disclosed.

The oil company also plans to double power generation capacity from its plant in Delta State from its present 500MW to 1,000MW, spending $750m in the process.

http://punchng.com/its-disgraceful-no-nigerian-refinery-performs-up-to-50-buhari/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Disgraceful No Nigerian Refinery Performs Up To 50% - President Buhari Says by Sprumbabafather: 9:14pm On Jan 26, 2018
Its disgraceful Nigerian president is working below 3% of his installed capacity. This man so living in the past. Can we be patient with this people till 2019?

216 Likes 9 Shares

Re: It's Disgraceful No Nigerian Refinery Performs Up To 50% - President Buhari Says by Ohammadike: 9:15pm On Jan 26, 2018
This mumuhead promised one new refinery per year yet he has not built one and he is wailing to us.

On top of that he appointed himself minster of petroleum and he is complaining about the petroleum sector

Another failed promise of this incompetent government

#BackToDauara2019

187 Likes 12 Shares

Re: It's Disgraceful No Nigerian Refinery Performs Up To 50% - President Buhari Says by IamJames: 9:17pm On Jan 26, 2018
But I thought his body language got the refineries working close to maximum capacity when he kicked off his administration. How come this?

83 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It's Disgraceful No Nigerian Refinery Performs Up To 50% - President Buhari Says by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:19pm On Jan 26, 2018
IamJames:
But I thought his body language got the refineries working close to maximum capacity when he kicked off his administration. How come this?
You are an enemy of state embarassed

Please don't attack me, eye yam just tasting Sarrkî's shoes angry

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: It's Disgraceful No Nigerian Refinery Performs Up To 50% - President Buhari Says by DieBuhari: 9:20pm On Jan 26, 2018
It is even more disgraceful that we have a certificateless idiot like you as president.

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: It's Disgraceful No Nigerian Refinery Performs Up To 50% - President Buhari Says by Ohammadike: 9:20pm On Jan 26, 2018
IamJames:

So you remember the body odor era when sychophants praised this dullard but now wind Don blow and we can see the fowls nyash

#BackToDauara2019

96 Likes 4 Shares

Re: It's Disgraceful No Nigerian Refinery Performs Up To 50% - President Buhari Says by Cutejaelyn(f): 9:20pm On Jan 26, 2018
cool
Re: It's Disgraceful No Nigerian Refinery Performs Up To 50% - President Buhari Says by eTECTIVe(m): 9:20pm On Jan 26, 2018
Abeg who's more disgraceful?? D person/persons who promised to build new refineries and even told Nigerians all d refineries were now fully functional again or d refineries dat d same person has done nothing about except on paper...?

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It's Disgraceful No Nigerian Refinery Performs Up To 50% - President Buhari Says by MichaelBukamzy(m): 9:20pm On Jan 26, 2018
This man promised to build refinery annually..
Papa is not even ashamed of calling himself a failure

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It's Disgraceful No Nigerian Refinery Performs Up To 50% - President Buhari Says by Paperwhite(m): 9:21pm On Jan 26, 2018
And you're not even ashame to open your mouth to say this after all your party lies cum propaganda angry
Who is the minister of petroleum BTW
Meanwhile where're the one year one refinery promised by your government
Buhari's case is the most daftest ever seen. angry No zombie should quote me.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: It's Disgraceful No Nigerian Refinery Performs Up To 50% - President Buhari Says by IamJames: 9:22pm On Jan 26, 2018
BeeBeeOoh:
You are an enemy of state embarassed

Please don't attack me, eye yam just tasting Sarrkî's shoes angry

Hahaha... I'm a patriot too ooo like chief sarki grin

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It's Disgraceful No Nigerian Refinery Performs Up To 50% - President Buhari Says by IamJames: 9:23pm On Jan 26, 2018
Ohammadike:

So you remember the body odor era when sychophants praised this dullard but now wind Don blow and we can see the fowls nyash

#BackToDauara2019

Who forgets such? I'm not surprised at this though

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Disgraceful No Nigerian Refinery Performs Up To 50% - President Buhari Says by ajebuter(f): 9:24pm On Jan 26, 2018
GEJ oya get ready

The blame is coming...

Blame game, oya gberra

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It's Disgraceful No Nigerian Refinery Performs Up To 50% - President Buhari Says by menwongo(m): 9:25pm On Jan 26, 2018
May Obasanjo Never Write me a letter.

I'm not a fan of OBJ but one of my prayer points has always been that may Obasanjo never write me a letter.
Obasanjo may have done exact or more evil than whoever he's writing to admonish but while OBJ always escape repercussions, whoever he writes to admonish are not always lucky.

OBJ's involvement in any issue signifies the imminent end of that issue.

First he wrote to Shagari when the latter was soaked in mismanagement of the economy few months later the military smashed Shagari government.

In 1995 he then wrote to Abacha and described him as a stone age dictator, the letter landed him in trouble, He was almost killed. But after his death sentence was converted into prison terms, he wrote another letter to Abacha titled NO CONDITION IS PERMANENT, Where he said, "I was a head of state yesterday, today, I'm in jail. You're the head of state today, tomorrow, your condition may be worse than mine...".
Indeed, Abacha's future was worse as he ended inside the grave!!!

OBJ didn't write himself while in power but instead wrote his deputy, Atiku Abubakar. Atiku has become a shadow of his pre-1999 self since then.

It wasn't clear whether he wrote Yaradua, a terminally ill former Kastina governor he imposed on Nigeria....but he came out publicly and asked him to resign!!!

He also didn't spare GEJ he wrote him in a letter titled BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE, But it was actually late before the letter was written. Jonathan, today, has become a sorrowful history.

His latest letter to Buhari is no joke,
Take it or not, Buhari needs absolute care else the letter becomes his political abattoir

Beg Obasanjo for me whenever you see him, may he never write me a letter.
Copied!!!

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: It's Disgraceful No Nigerian Refinery Performs Up To 50% - President Buhari Says by Desyner: 9:25pm On Jan 26, 2018
This man is not 0.0001% a President material.
You are there now, so what's holding you back from applying the magic touch.
A man with dictatorial tendencies wouldn't understant that refineries depreciate over the years and still thinks his uniform did the trick.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Disgraceful No Nigerian Refinery Performs Up To 50% - President Buhari Says by EternalTruths: 9:25pm On Jan 26, 2018
That is why you were voted to fix things
Stop blaming.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Disgraceful No Nigerian Refinery Performs Up To 50% - President Buhari Says by gmaribel(m): 9:25pm On Jan 26, 2018
Who is the president

who is the minister of petroleum

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It's Disgraceful No Nigerian Refinery Performs Up To 50% - President Buhari Says by ChangetheChange: 11:32am On Jan 27, 2018
grin grin grin

Buhari the zombie minister of petroleum

8 Likes

Re: It's Disgraceful No Nigerian Refinery Performs Up To 50% - President Buhari Says by BruncleZuma: 11:32am On Jan 27, 2018
grin grin grin grin

Wait ooo this clown nah even Minister of Petroleum

8 Likes

Re: It's Disgraceful No Nigerian Refinery Performs Up To 50% - President Buhari Says by Bossontop(m): 11:33am On Jan 27, 2018
undecided
A president who cannot fulfill his campaign promises is also a disgrace...guess who is d minister ov petroleum....
In other words he's a disgrace on two fronts
#pathetic and tragic

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It's Disgraceful No Nigerian Refinery Performs Up To 50% - President Buhari Says by obi4eze(m): 11:33am On Jan 27, 2018
This man gets more useless by the day.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It's Disgraceful No Nigerian Refinery Performs Up To 50% - President Buhari Says by usba: 11:33am On Jan 27, 2018
PMB making Nigeria a place of our dreams

1 Like

Re: It's Disgraceful No Nigerian Refinery Performs Up To 50% - President Buhari Says by BigBrother9ja: 11:33am On Jan 27, 2018
Mumu

Call me to come and fix them nau

Olodo fools

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It's Disgraceful No Nigerian Refinery Performs Up To 50% - President Buhari Says by Built2last: 11:33am On Jan 27, 2018
Ok
Re: It's Disgraceful No Nigerian Refinery Performs Up To 50% - President Buhari Says by 1shortblackboy: 11:33am On Jan 27, 2018
this guy sef so who ein dey complain to now

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It's Disgraceful No Nigerian Refinery Performs Up To 50% - President Buhari Says by Nackzy: 11:34am On Jan 27, 2018
Buhari you are more disgraceful than all the refineries

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Disgraceful No Nigerian Refinery Performs Up To 50% - President Buhari Says by Tolubory(m): 11:34am On Jan 27, 2018

1 Like

Re: It's Disgraceful No Nigerian Refinery Performs Up To 50% - President Buhari Says by onosprince(m): 11:34am On Jan 27, 2018
Omoshare na we epka grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It's Disgraceful No Nigerian Refinery Performs Up To 50% - President Buhari Says by deepwater(f): 11:35am On Jan 27, 2018
Guy keep quiet
You are the Minister

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Disgraceful No Nigerian Refinery Performs Up To 50% - President Buhari Says by Lexiboyd(m): 11:35am On Jan 27, 2018
BeeBeeOoh:

http://punchng.com/its-disgraceful-no-nigerian-refinery-performs-up-to-50-buhari/

If you're not getting results Mr president, please take action...

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atiku Donates ₦50 Million To Victims Of Flood In Kano / Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries / Osun To Create 27 Local Governments - Aregbesola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.