Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? (2159 Views)

If U Were God, What Would U Have Done? / The Paradox Of Nihilism- A Problem For Atheists And Humanists / Joshua Bamiloye Mike: The Movie “Lucifer” Used By Devil To Win Souls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? by budaatum: 5:16pm On Jan 29, 2018
Doesn't make any sense at all. The teacher will just set exam. If you want, write the seniors answer and lets see who marks your work in the end. We shall then see who be teacher!

philipogunti:
That's why his ways are higher than our ways. Being insensitive to every accusation doesn't make u a better leader. God almighty had the power to destroy Satan and his demons but let me use an illustration. You were the principal and also the best teacher in your own school to the extent of gaining students trust and love. A kid from senior class perhaps ss2 came and started deluding the ones in younger class maybe js1. His remarks were “forget what mr adeola(principal) is teaching u guys, am more experienced and he is teaching u the long method, why don't u use the short method. I can teach u better than him."
The matter not only caused controversy but also tension as the younger ones were starting to doubt the teacher's credibility and unfortunately some were enticed by the senior student deceits and lies just because the senior student wanted to receive authority and prestige as did the principal. U could easily expel him and the ones who follow him, but that wouldn't solve the whole issue on ground cos he may be right. But as an experienced man, the principal gave the senior student authority he longed for only for a short period to lead the class and to settle the issue about authority. The story didn't end there, the senior had already enticed even senior students to follow his course, altogether they deceived the students and the principal could only watch, sad he used several teachers to warn the younger student to be careful and not to be deceived by the senior student's lies. After contemplation, among the younger students, some were remorseful and missed their principal's teachings. He was such a great teacher and we liked the way he illustrated things for us, they thought. They pleaded the principal to come to their aid, but what could the principal do. They were only a few students that wanted him back, the rest had even forgotten the principal and were more relaxed to the short method. After several yrs passed, and exam was on the corner. The concerned man called his only son who is studying abroad to leave his masters studies and come to his school and teach of which his son listened. Remember the principal promised not to interfere with the younger student and let the senior student and his minions take over but he repeatedly used his teacher to warn and explain little things, but they wouldn't yield because they had bn so content with the senior student ways of explaining things.
The principal's only son finally arrived and upon reaching the student to teach them, they were angry upon seeing him, they stormed after him beating him in unison and embarrassing the son of the principal but he didn't relent he continued teaching until junior waec, “the day of reckoning" came. Fortunately the few that listened to the principal's son passed but the rest that listened to the senior student, not that they didn't know what they wrote but u know waec now. Show your workings. After result came out, the principal then immediately progressed the few that listened to his son and expelled the ones that were defiant including the senior student and his minions. The good ones enjoyed the wholesome teaching of their principal and the whole school became united once again
Why did the principal send for his son and not use his teachers?
This is because the principal son is the only one he could use trusting the junior student will think his son will guide them through their exams remember that he used his teachers to warn them on several occasions and only the student was well informed like the principal. A brilliant one.
How does this correlate na?
The principal is God almighty, his son is Jesus. The senior student is devil and he succeeded in making former angels( senior student minions) and turned them on his own course. The teachers are prophets God used to warn everybody. Junior waec is Armageddon. I hope the story tells u something
Re: For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? by budaatum: 5:19pm On Jan 29, 2018
festwiz:
OP, I don't know if you can follow this analogy but here goes,

A judge preciding over the case of a child molester/paedophile and finds the accused guilty of the crime and sentences him to a primary four classroom for his misdeeds. The molester has his way with the kids with the judge watching. The judge sentences the kids to a life sentence in prison for allowing themselves be used by the molester, whilst still leaving him (the molester) in the primary four class.

At what stages of the scenario above would the children have been saved?
More like it!
Re: For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? by budaatum: 5:21pm On Jan 29, 2018
Bethor:
@ OP, the question you should be asking is did the said Lucifer really rebelled or there is something those guys are hiding from us down here...?
Peace..!!!
An example of, on the 'Spiritual' level!

The Gnostic Christians believed in the light of Lucifer which they viewed as the enlightenment which he as the Serpent, also an Egyptian phallic form as the serpent Ami-Hemf "Dweller in the Flame," who enlightened the first parents, Adam and Eve, against God's will. Here Lucifer is likened to Prometheus who stole fire from heaven to give civilization to humanity. God denied the first two people the fruit of the tree of knowledge, but Lucifer gave them the light of wisdom.

These Gnostic sentiments and beliefs for Lucifer were held by the Persians as well. Unlike Orthodox Christians, they did not hold Jehovah as the good-God of mankind, but the Demiurge who created man for his own selfish interest. Lucifer was regarded as the hero, savior, and friend of man, who revealed the sacred mysteries which the Heavenly Father jealously withheld. Some, such as the Luciferians, held that Lucifer was the brother of God. These Gnostic beliefs persisted throughout the first half of the Christian era and well into the second half. Meister Eckhart said, Lucifer, the angel, who is in hell, has perfect intellect and to this day knows much. And, even to this day, for some, these sentiments persist.

Lucifer Meaning
Re: For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? by Martinez19(m): 5:34pm On Jan 29, 2018
Gggg102:

well what I'm thinking is that God should have punished Lucifer from the beginning.
but somehow it doesn't sound right to me. after all Lucifer had not done anything yet. wouldn't it be like killing baby Hitler if God had punished him before he did anything?

also I'm thinking if God had thrown Lucifer into hell immediately, it would only increase his followers. it would make God a dictator and destroy the concept of free will.
Of course, one can't kill a baby Hitler because baby Hitler hasn't commited any offense and it impossible to have known that he was going to be that powerful and commit the atrocities he will later be known for. In lucifer's, it is different because right from when God though of creating him, God would have foreseen the kind of person lucifer was going to be and would have not bothered creating him.

Let's cut God some slack and assume he MADE A MISTAKE by creating lucifer and lucifer rebelled against God, his rebellion and the foresight of the calamity he would be known for are enough evidence for any right thinking God to bring about the nonexistence of lucifer.

So you see its a lose-lose situation for god as always.

1 Like

Re: For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? by Gggg102(m): 5:43pm On Jan 29, 2018
Martinez19:
Of course, one can't kill a baby Hitler because baby Hitler hasn't commited any offense and it impossible to have known that he was going to be that powerful and commit the atrocities he will later be known for. In lucifer's, it is different because right from when God though of creating him, God would have foreseen the kind of person lucifer was going to be and would have not bothered creating him.

Let's cut God some slack and assume he MADE A MISTAKE by creating lucifer and lucifer rebelled against God, his rebellion and the foresight of the calamity he would be known for are enough evidence for any right thinking God to bring about the nonexistence of lucifer.

So you see its a lose-lose situation for god as always.

even if you knew baby Hitler would have been evil, would you have killed him? and even if you would, would it be easy?

that's what I'm trying to figure out
is there any way God could have dealt with the rebellion without it being a loss?
as I'm seeing it now, there was no good option to choose from.
like between the devil and the deep blue sea
Re: For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? by Martinez19(m): 6:09pm On Jan 29, 2018
Gggg102:

even if you knew baby Hitler would have been evil, would you have killed him? and even if you would, would it be easy?

is there any way God could have dealt with the rebellion without it being a loss?

Oh yes, I would have killed him or kept him isolated and under the watch of strict personnel. That's what a moral person would do. God after making the mistake of creating lucifer should have wisened up to either make lucifer nonexistent or keep him far away from people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? by budaatum: 6:11pm On Jan 29, 2018
Gggg102:

No good option if Hitler were my child and I was godlike so knew what he was going to do before he was born and there's nothing I can do? I then wait until he grows up, knowing full well what he would do and I'm finding it hard to smother the bastard whenever I look at it??

Hell no would I be so weak a god!! I will take the bastard to the bottom of the river and bash it's head in! In fact, I will take myself to the bottom of the river and bash my own head in. No way would I allow my womb to produce a jerk like Hitler if I knew he was Hitler before he was born! And I would find it a whole lot easier than if I let the fuqer live and do what Hitler did!
Re: For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? by budaatum: 6:15pm On Jan 29, 2018
Martinez19:

Okay, we'll cut 'God' some slack since its so crap. And don't no one go claiming 'it' created anything, or that one should bow down and worship such an incompetent 'it'!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? by adepeter2027(m): 6:58pm On Jan 29, 2018
DeadRat:
Now This Is Why God's foolishness is Far Greater Than Your Wisdom... Killing Is Not Always The Right Solution
Destroying Sodom and gomorrah is what?
What about destroying the earth with flood in exodus?

6 Likes

Re: For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? by adepeter2027(m): 7:02pm On Jan 29, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
On a side note, I'm of the opinion that we atheists/non theists should stop playing the Christian game by referring to Yahweh as God, call him Yahweh straight or "Your god" or "Christian god" or "Bible god" and force Christians to be on the defensive so they don't have to play the bait and switch game of "arguing for a god" then pretend they're "arguing for Yahweh", when we keep using "God" as "their god" we are making the game easier for them to play

I know its difficult at first to start but I've actually mastered it now and I know all non theists can do the same
Seconded...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? by Martinez19(m): 7:07pm On Jan 29, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
On a side note, I'm of the opinion that we atheists/non theists should stop playing the Christian game by referring to Yahweh as God, call him Yahweh straight or "Your god" or "Christian god" or "Bible god" and force Christians to be on the defensive so they don't have to play the bait and switch game of "arguing for a god" then pretend they're "arguing for Yahweh", when we keep using "God" as "their god" we are making the game easier for them to play

I know its difficult at first to start but I've actually mastered it now and I know all non theists can do the same
Seconded!
Re: For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? by Gggg102(m): 7:29pm On Jan 29, 2018
Martinez19:
Oh yes, I would have killed him or kept him isolated and under the watch of strict personnel. That's what a moral person would do. God after making the mistake of creating lucifer should have wisened up to either make lucifer nonexistent or keep him far away from people.
budaatum:

No good option if Hitler were my child and I was godlike so knew what he was going to do before he was born and there's nothing I can do? I then wait until he grows up, knowing full well what he would do and I'm finding it hard to smother the bastard whenever I look at it??

Hell no would I be so weak a god!! I will take the bastard to the bottom of the river and bash it's head in! In fact, I will take myself to the bottom of the river and bash my own head in. No way would I allow my womb to produce a jerk like Hitler if I knew he was Hitler before he was born! And I would find it a whole lot easier than if I let the fuqer live and do what Hitler did!
Martinez19:

you know this could justify many of God's other killings.

maybe those innocent souls that God wiped out would have been more hitlers. no one knows.
the people that die during disasters could be devils.

I was saw a picture on the internet were someone held a sign saying "God killed your child so he wouldn't become an atheist"
do you think arguments like these should be justified since one can also say God killed x so that x will not become evil?
Re: For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? by Martinez19(m): 7:48pm On Jan 29, 2018
Gggg102:

maybe those innocent souls that God wiped out would have been more hitlers. no one knows.

I was saw a picture on the internet were someone held a sign saying "God killed your child so he wouldn't become an atheist"
do you think arguments like these should be justified since one can also say God killed x so that x will not become evil?
Hell no it doesn't justify. As an omnipotent and all knowing God, there are many ways to have avoided the onslaughts. Yahweh could have reversed time back to when he was about to create lucifer and all this genocides and suffering wouldn't have happened. Cutting him some slack grin, he could have genetically wired man after the fall for righteousness. Some many ways to have resolved the issue without being genocidal
Re: For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? by Gggg102(m): 7:53pm On Jan 29, 2018
Martinez19:
Hell no it doesn't justify. As an omnipotent and all knowing God, there are many ways to have avoided the onslaughts. Yahweh could have reversed time back to when he was about to create lucifer and all this genocides and suffering wouldn't have happened. Cutting him some slack grin, he could have genetically wired man after the fall for righteousness. Some many ways to have resolved the issue without being genocidal

so Yahweh just hits the redo button anytime something goes wrong.

would we still be 'humans' if he does that?
what type of life will that be?
what happens to freewill?
Re: For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? by Martinez19(m): 7:55pm On Jan 29, 2018
Gggg102:

so Yahweh just hits the redo button anytime something goes wrong.

would we still be 'humans' if he does that?
what type of life will that be?
what happens to freewill?
Nothing would have gone wrong if yahweh used his brain. Freewill can still exist in a sinless world undecided
Re: For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? by Gggg102(m): 7:59pm On Jan 29, 2018
Martinez19:
Nothing would have gone wrong if yahweh used his brain. Freewill can still exist in a sinless world undecided

how can we be sure of that?

afterall God saw all he created was good before the fall

besides as long as there is freewill there is possibility of sin

Lucifer proved this
Re: For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? by budaatum: 8:03pm On Jan 29, 2018
Gggg102:

Well, a problem arises since I kill my child but there is no god to have preordained its destiny, or informed me what that destiny is!

Gods don't exist so they can't kill or create things!
Humans should learn to take responsibility for their own actions, both good or bad, instead of lying to themselves that some imaginary god or devil they make up in their heads done it!
Re: For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? by Martinez19(m): 8:04pm On Jan 29, 2018
Gggg102:

how can we be sure of that?

afterall God saw all he created was good before the fall
if he saw all he created was good then he is poor at thinking and calculating.

2 Likes

Re: For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? by frank317: 8:26pm On Jan 29, 2018
Gggg102:

I'm not saying the decision is good

I'm asking if there is any alternative that is good

Destroy Lucifer and this time create a creature who will not challenge him instead of sending him to earth on a destruction spree. Simple

2 Likes

Re: For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? by festwiz(m): 9:03pm On Jan 29, 2018
Why did "your god" have to create lucifer in the first place? His ego led him to create a host of angels to worship him already. So, why would a being who knows the begining from the end want a challenger? Is the world one giant soap opera to him? Is he a puppet master with a poor memory who writes a script and forgets it, blaming his puppets for not adhering to a story which he has outlined? Is he a father who'd kill 10 out of 11 children so that the last surviving child can stroke his ego? Which is it?
Re: For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? by frank317: 6:20am On Jan 30, 2018
Gggg102:

How could it justify the many of God's other killing?

Like he killed many bad kids and forgot to kill Hitler and Stalin?
Re: For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? by Gggg102(m): 6:36am On Jan 30, 2018
frank317:

How could it justify the many of God's other killing?
Like he killed many bad kids and forgot to kill Hitler and Stalin?
maybe
Re: For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? by tintingz(m): 5:04pm On Jan 30, 2018
philipogunti:
That's why his ways are higher than our ways. Being insensitive to every accusation doesn't make u a better leader. God almighty had the power to destroy Satan and his demons but let me use an illustration. You were the principal and also the best teacher in your own school to the extent of gaining students trust and love. A kid from senior class perhaps ss2 came and started deluding the ones in younger class maybe js1. His remarks were “forget what mr adeola(principal) is teaching u guys, am more experienced and he is teaching u the long method, why don't u use the short method. I can teach u better than him."
The matter not only caused controversy but also tension as the younger ones were starting to doubt the teacher's credibility and unfortunately some were enticed by the senior student deceits and lies just because the senior student wanted to receive authority and prestige as did the principal. U could easily expel him and the ones who follow him, but that wouldn't solve the whole issue on ground cos he may be right. But as an experienced man, the principal gave the senior student authority he longed for only for a short period to lead the class and to settle the issue about authority. The story didn't end there, the senior had already enticed even senior students to follow his course, altogether they deceived the students and the principal could only watch, sad he used several teachers to warn the younger student to be careful and not to be deceived by the senior student's lies. After contemplation, among the younger students, some were remorseful and missed their principal's teachings. He was such a great teacher and we liked the way he illustrated things for us, they thought. They pleaded the principal to come to their aid, but what could the principal do. They were only a few students that wanted him back, the rest had even forgotten the principal and were more relaxed to the short method. After several yrs passed, and exam was on the corner. The concerned man called his only son who is studying abroad to leave his masters studies and come to his school and teach of which his son listened. Remember the principal promised not to interfere with the younger student and let the senior student and his minions take over but he repeatedly used his teacher to warn and explain little things, but they wouldn't yield because they had bn so content with the senior student ways of explaining things.
The principal's only son finally arrived and upon reaching the student to teach them, they were angry upon seeing him, they stormed after him beating him in unison and embarrassing the son of the principal but he didn't relent he continued teaching until junior waec, “the day of reckoning" came. Fortunately the few that listened to the principal's son passed but the rest that listened to the senior student, not that they didn't know what they wrote but u know waec now. Show your workings. After result came out, the principal then immediately progressed the few that listened to his son and expelled the ones that were defiant including the senior student and his minions. The good ones enjoyed the wholesome teaching of their principal and the whole school became united once again
Why did the principal send for his son and not use his teachers?
This is because the principal son is the only one he could use trusting the junior student will think his son will guide them through their exams remember that he used his teachers to warn them on several occasions and only the student was well informed like the principal. A brilliant one.
How does this correlate na?
The principal is God almighty, his son is Jesus. The senior student is devil and he succeeded in making former angels( senior student minions) and turned them on his own course. The teachers are prophets God used to warn everybody. Junior waec is Armageddon. I hope the story tells u something
So if a president sit and watch terrorists terrorizing the state, when he has the power to put end to it, what should we call such president?

Your epistle is just full of crap and absurdity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? by tintingz(m): 5:11pm On Jan 30, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Exactly, that's why when I argue with muslims in Islam section, I let them know we're arguing about Allah.
Re: For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? by tintingz(m): 5:17pm On Jan 30, 2018
adepeter2027:

Destroying Sodom and gomorrah is what?
What about destroying the earth with flood in exodus?

Lol, you forgot to add the innocent kids killed by God in Egypt. grin

1 Like

Re: For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? by hopefulLandlord: 5:44pm On Jan 30, 2018
tintingz:
Exactly, that's why when I argue with muslims in Islam section, I let them know we're arguing about Allah.

It irks me when we're discussing their god and they start arguing for Einstein's god
Re: For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? by tintingz(m): 7:08pm On Jan 30, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

It irks me when we're discussing their god and they start arguing for Einstein's god
It shows how imperfect and limited thier God is.
Re: For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? by philipogunti: 1:16am On Feb 17, 2018
obinna58:

Bet you are expressing your hippocratical nature without being counsious of it, you were created by someone who arranged your past, present, future and yet claiming being in charge of every actions you take because it just really feels like we have freedom of choices

Perhaps I use soft words. But do u know ur wordings are very lame? Can't people read with discernment in this world. Did God arrange you to be an atheist or whatever u call urself mugun. You chose the path urself, power of freewill. You call God whatever u want, your choice then how the hell do u expect and say he planned your past, present and future. Are u mad?!! I would slap u but it'd be animal abuse. So get ur facts straight. Maybe u were hurt before or whatever, never be quick to react cos only a foolish one will do that so be wise and be collected. Pick ur words bro
Re: For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? by Ericsunday619: 2:51am On Feb 17, 2018
obinna58:
Bible stated that God created Lucifer which means he as well programmed his actions, God purposely made Lucifer to challenge him

If I were God I'll learn not to be stupid
good quote cheesy
Re: For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? by Ericsunday619: 2:53am On Feb 17, 2018
tintingz:
Lol, you forgot to add the innocent kids killed by God in Egypt. grin
Yehwah is really a terrorist
Re: For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? by Nobody: 7:12am On Feb 17, 2018
Gggg102:

well what I'm thinking is that God should have punished Lucifer from the beginning.
but somehow it doesn't sound right to me. after all Lucifer had not done anything yet. wouldn't it be like killing baby Hitler if God had punished him before he did anything?

also I'm thinking if God had thrown Lucifer into hell immediately, it would only increase his followers. it would make God a dictator and destroy the concept of free will.

Look at what a reasonable human being is saying,if you have kids and a paedophile is in site would you allow him/her to assault your kids first,even if you don't attack the paedophile considering that s/he hasn't done anything wrong you wouldn't allow the person come close to your kids
In the same manner Yahweh(bigups to hopeful landlord) who is said to be omniscient must have known that sending Satan to earth would lead to disastrous consequences so even if he didn't want to destroy him,he should have kept him as far away from man or even if he wanted to send him to earth he should have warned him not to interference with his creations,I don't know if it sounds sensible that satan would adhere to the last one but from the Job bet maybe it does
Re: For Atheists:if You Were God, How Would You Have Treated Lucifer's Rebellion? by Nobody: 7:19am On Feb 17, 2018
Gggg102:

I'm not saying the decision is good

I'm asking if there is any alternative that is good

Of course,if that situation really occurred,what Yahweh should have done is to completely anihilate Satan. If you have a poultry and there is an infected fowl with a contagious disease,what would you do especially knowing that if you allow the fowl live it would infect over 90% of the healthy fowls,you would waste no time killing it,there is more than enough justification for that even for a vegan.
The only good reason the story is the way it is in the bible is because it is fiction,besides ask yourself who even wrote this story ? . Now did he witness this events occur,are you so sure that the author of the Genesis you read is someone who is reliable,have you ever met him

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Solomon Was Not Wise. / The Thing About Lesbianism / If You'd Been Born In China, You Wouldn't Be A Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.