Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:14 AM

Signs Your Phone Was Hacked - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Signs Your Phone Was Hacked (24908 Views)

Please My Phone Was Stolen And I Got A Message / Top 9 Signs Your Phone Is Being Monitored By Someone / 4 Clear Signs Your Phone Was Hacked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by Admols(m): 4:49am On Jan 28, 2018
Signs Your Phone Was Hacked
With the rising vice of hacking in our society, it is important to know about some clear signs that can help you discern if your phone has been tampered with in any way. Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency, shares 4 clear signs your phone was hacked.
Your Phone Suddenly Reboots Itself
This can be caused by two main things. The first is that your phone might be experiencing some performance issues, a system breakdown of some sort. The second is that it might of course have been hacked and the sudden reboot is a consequence of your phone being tapped. Other signs that accompany your phone’s sudden reboot is your phone also suddenly dialing numbers and starting applications on its own.
Noises or Echoes During Your Calls
If you all of a sudden start to hear noises or echoes during your calls, and this has never happened when you’re either calling those number or making the calls at that location, your phone might have been hacked and your calls are probably being monitored or listened in on.
Appearance of Mysterious Apps
You can all of sudden notice apps on your phone you don’t remember installing, while this might mean that a friend or relative might have installed it without permission, if you can’t point to anyone of those who have access to your phone as the one responsible for installing the app, then you can at that point consider that your phone might have been hacked. Hackers can plant apps on phones to snoop, perform actions on their behalf, explore calendars, access GPS etc.
These ‘hacker apps’ can be even be hidden on your phone and be running in the background, this is why you might notice a rapidly decreasing battery life or your phone getting warm out of the blue without you making calls with it or working with it in anyway. To deal with this, it is best to avoid downloading just any kind of app, especially those that come with pop-up ads.
Source:

https://guardian.ng/business-services/signs-your-phone-was-hacked/amp/

5 Likes

Re: Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by Nobody: 5:00am On Jan 28, 2018
Mine has been hacked.

What should I do? Will a factory reset help?

2 Likes

Re: Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by Paradigme777: 7:08am On Jan 28, 2018
Wow! shocked
Re: Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:09am On Jan 28, 2018
Op paragraph and rephrasing helps.

That being said poorly written article.

Noise in background can be Network issues, can be a phone fault from some callers, this your article can make someone think of flashing his phone.

It is very difficult to hack phones, what we mostly have is malware, which brings up annoying pop-ups .
Mobile phones are far more secure their PC counterpart.

31 Likes

Re: Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by Uchwilliam(m): 7:10am On Jan 28, 2018
Yep
Re: Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by ipobarecriminals: 7:11am On Jan 28, 2018
sad embarassed sad phone guru.I forgot my iphone7 Gmail/test answer..I received sms yesterday. dat i should fill in my mastercard detail online to enable dem do d needful. Pls help me oo b4 dem empty my kudi

2 Likes

Re: Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by ouzo1(m): 7:11am On Jan 28, 2018
Muafrika2:
Mine has been hacked.

What should I do? Will a factory reset help?

Flash it completely...
Re: Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by nmanma1(f): 7:13am On Jan 28, 2018
my fone is in a state of madness now. popping up different applications. help me
Re: Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by lonelydora: 7:13am On Jan 28, 2018
Who wan hack this my akpako phone?
Re: Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by theo1477(m): 7:14am On Jan 28, 2018
Thanks op,but numbering your point would make it more clearer and spacing your paragraphs

5 Likes

Re: Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by oshe11: 7:17am On Jan 28, 2018
Post disorganised like Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by 2shure: 7:21am On Jan 28, 2018
how many times do boring and depressed OPs keep on bringing this same topic here.wtf.
hacking does not work in naija
stop reading dumb copy and paste foreign articles .
we do not have wifi....everything for naija na analog/manual/go there yoursef
we do not run boa.paypal.westee.moneygram..nothing works here.
only local bank apps
highest
pls take this dumb topic off here.
fool

6 Likes

Re: Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by Jinyjagz(m): 7:22am On Jan 28, 2018
how can I hack one
Re: Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by CASTOSVILLA(m): 7:22am On Jan 28, 2018
Op you couldn't even arrange your copy and paste. na wa 4 u

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by pepethemaniac: 7:23am On Jan 28, 2018
I experience everything you wrote but i know my phone hasn't been hacked.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by Rubbiish(m): 7:25am On Jan 28, 2018
valdes00:
Gbese
ha so my phone has been hacked...
no wonder I dey see different blue film inside n no be me put them
Lolz

1 Like

Re: Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by obilloXCI: 7:26am On Jan 28, 2018
From my knowledge of hacking these virus apps are made by normal people who wait for us the victims to download them and from there have access to sensitive information on our devices.
Knowledge is power.
Ignorance is expensive.

1 Like

Re: Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by obilloXCI: 7:30am On Jan 28, 2018
I got my Wi-Fi hacked last month by my next door neighbor.
I found out he was the one because I am a white-hat-hacker.
Using the I. P and MAC address of his device. I sent him a warning text not to use my Wi-Fi. He apologized because we know ourselves.
Do not underestimate Nigerians

14 Likes

Re: Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:32am On Jan 28, 2018
all this may be the signs but for it to be done, the hacker must have taken your phone to place a chip or do something in it.,,son its advisable which you did not state for one not to leave his or her set for anyone that cannot be trusted. ...
Re: Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by Draei: 7:34am On Jan 28, 2018
nmanma1:
my fone is in a state of madness now. popping up different applications. help me
Factory reset the device.
Re: Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by great664(m): 7:36am On Jan 28, 2018
Proudlyngwa:
Op paragraph and rephrasing helps.

That being said poorly written article.

Noise in background can be Network issues, can be a phone fault from some callers, this your article can make someone think of flashing his phone.

It is very difficult to hack phones, what we mostly have is malware, which brings up annoying pop-ups .
Mobile phones are far more secure their PC counterpart.

You try o... Couldn't read it....

Op don't copy and paste next time... Take some minutes to hit enter key after full stop. Pls help us.

1 Like

Re: Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by Alejoas(m): 7:37am On Jan 28, 2018
Nigerian will pray against hacking.....

1 Like

Re: Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by nmanma1(f): 7:44am On Jan 28, 2018
Draei:

Factory reset the device.
tnx dear
Re: Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by princemillla(m): 7:53am On Jan 28, 2018
ipobarecriminals:
sad embarassed sad phone guru.I forgot my iphone7 Gmail/test answer..I received sms yesterday. dat i should fill in my mastercard detail online to enable dem do d needful. Pls help me oo b4 dem empty my kudi

Pure lies.... Best bet for u is put ur fone to dfu n connect to ur iTunes. Click to restore from initial back up uve made to that system or do online restore. This will download fresh os and flash yr device.

And if u are in Lagos call 08113648092

Good luck

1 Like

Re: Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by Kaykerry(m): 7:59am On Jan 28, 2018
Has anyone tried the new itel S32
Re: Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by designVATExcel: 8:09am On Jan 28, 2018
hmmm, thank God Naija still has years to go before all this hacking stuffs.
Re: Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by CzarChris(m): 8:10am On Jan 28, 2018
Admols:
With the rising vice of hacking in our society, it is important to know about some clear signs that can help you discern if your phone has been tampered with in any way. Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency, shares 4 clear signs your phone was hacked.
Your Phone Suddenly Reboots Itself
This can be caused by two main things. The first is that your phone might be experiencing some performance issues, a system breakdown of some sort. The second is that it might of course have been hacked and the sudden reboot is a consequence of your phone being tapped. Other signs that accompany your phone’s sudden reboot is your phone also suddenly dialing numbers and starting applications on its own.
Noises or Echoes During Your Calls
If you all of a sudden start to hear noises or echoes during your calls, and this has never happened when you’re either calling those number or making the calls at that location, your phone might have been hacked and your calls are probably being monitored or listened in on.
Appearance of Mysterious Apps
You can all of sudden notice apps on your phone you don’t remember installing, while this might mean that a friend or relative might have installed it without permission, if you can’t point to anyone of those who have access to your phone as the one responsible for installing the app, then you can at that point consider that your phone might have been hacked. Hackers can plant apps on phones to snoop, perform actions on their behalf, explore calendars, access GPS etc.
These ‘hacker apps’ can be even be hidden on your phone and be running in the background, this is why you might notice a rapidly decreasing battery life or your phone getting warm out of the blue without you making calls with it or working with it in anyway. To deal with this, it is best to avoid downloading just any kind of app, especially those that come with pop-up ads.
Source:

https://guardian.ng/business-services/signs-your-phone-was-hacked/amp/
Going by these, then my phone has been hacked. I started experiencing this problems with my phone last year, and I factory reset the phone around December. It just started happening again last week. I'm getting a new phone with better security, but I hate the iPhone, any suggestions?
Re: Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by Ekejoestar(m): 8:17am On Jan 28, 2018
K
Re: Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by MrImole: 8:25am On Jan 28, 2018
Lol
Re: Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by okonja(m): 8:27am On Jan 28, 2018
Admols:

Lol...Too much of foreign movies....You sound so much like an IT novice...Nothing like phone hacking more especially in this our country, your phone can be tracked BUT not hacked to the extent of overriding your apps, that's malware as a result of installing all apps without verifying its signature.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

'Hangouts' By Google, An Alternative To WhatsApp And BBM / Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro Unboxing And First Impressions + Price (photos) / 3 Reasons Why Nigeria Isn’t Ready For 5G Technology In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.