Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,005 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

Signs Your Phone Was Hacked - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Signs Your Phone Was Hacked (24927 Views)

Please My Phone Was Stolen And I Got A Message / Top 9 Signs Your Phone Is Being Monitored By Someone / 4 Clear Signs Your Phone Was Hacked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by Nobody: 8:39am On Jan 28, 2018
ouzo1:

Flash it completely...
Can a factory reset do that?
Re: Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by Nobody: 8:40am On Jan 28, 2018
Proudlyngwa:
Op paragraph and rephrasing helps.

That being said poorly written article.

Noise in background can be Network issues, can be a phone fault from some callers, this your article can make someone think of flashing his phone.

It is very difficult to hack phones, what we mostly have is malware, which brings up annoying pop-ups .
Mobile phones are far more secure their PC counterpart.
really I must tell u as a phone engineer its possible ,but the signs here are kind of wrong except for one .this days hackers buy malware's(some write the programme) and send them open on the internet .mostly through a user clicking ads or visiting sites infected with their programs.when ur phone is infected they(hackers malware) gives the hacjers permission to access your mic,locations,messaging,calls,and many other personal stuffs on ur phone.

1 Like

Re: Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by Nonso92(m): 8:41am On Jan 28, 2018
everybody saying phone cannot be hacked here in Nigeria, I just laugh..

looks like you guys haven't heard of 'Metasploit' and 'The fat rat'. on Kali Linux

1 Like

Re: Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by iswallker(m): 8:41am On Jan 28, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

Noise in background can be Network issues, can be a phone fault from some callers, this your article can make someone think of flashing his phone.

It is very difficult to hack phones, what we mostly have is malware, which brings up annoying pop-ups .

pop ups while am using whatsapp..

How can I stop it..

Thanks.
Re: Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by godofuck231: 8:46am On Jan 28, 2018
nmanma1:
my fone is in a state of madness now. popping up different applications. help me
husband and boyfriends are fond of installing spy apps on phones of spouses and wives, and to top it up, android phones are so porous that you can virtually do almost anything with it eg turning it into a TV remote control, all you need to do is install a software and it hides without being seen, BlackBerry remains a bone in the neck to hackers they now try to out phase the device, get a BlackBerry phone and enable des encryption, keyone is cool
Re: Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by godofuck231: 8:46am On Jan 28, 2018
nmanma1:
my fone is in a state of madness now. popping up different applications. help me
husband and boyfriends are fond of installing spy apps on phones of spouses and wives, and to top it up, android phones are so porous that you can virtually do almost anything with it eg turning it into a TV remote control, all you need to do is install a software and it hides without being seen, BlackBerry remains a bone in the neck to hackers they now try to out phase the device, get a BlackBerry phone and encrypt
Re: Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by Nobody: 8:48am On Jan 28, 2018
And note there's little difference between a phone and a computer system .
Re: Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:54am On Jan 28, 2018
iswallker:

pop ups while am using whatsapp..

How can I stop it..

Thanks.

Did you change the original launcher of your phone.
Re: Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:55am On Jan 28, 2018
onyenzuzu:
really I must tell u as a phone engineer its possible ,but the signs here are kind of wrong except for one .this days hackers buy malware's(some write the programme) and send them open on the internet .mostly through a user clicking ads or visiting sites infected with their programs.when ur phone is infected they(hackers malware) gives the hacjers permission to access your mic,locations,messaging,calls,and many other personal stuffs on ur phone.

Without your phone being rooted,its very difficult.
Re: Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by iswallker(m): 9:12am On Jan 28, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

Did you change the original launcher of your phone.

No
Re: Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by Nobody: 9:16am On Jan 28, 2018
ipobarecriminals:
sad embarassed sad phone guru.I forgot my iphone7 Gmail/test answer..I received sms yesterday. dat i should fill in my mastercard detail online to enable dem do d needful. Pls help me oo b4 dem empty my kudi
ignore..
Banks will never ask such..
Better still send a message back to them that thunder will fire their generation...
They'll know you caught them and they'll let you be

1 Like

Re: Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:17am On Jan 28, 2018
iswallker:

No

Has your phone been rooted.
You probably have an adware in your phone, you will need an app like lucky patcher to check for bloatware in your phone, if you can check your list of installed apps, crosscheck it with someone with a similar make, such apps don't usually go beyond 300 kilobytes
Re: Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by iswallker(m): 9:20am On Jan 28, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

Has your phone been rooted.
You probably have an adware in your phone, you will need an app like lucky patcher to check for bloatware in your phone, if you can check your list of installed apps, crosscheck it with someone with a similar make, such apps don't usually go beyond 300 kilobytes
Thanks..

Will do a quick check...
Re: Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by ouzo1(m): 9:23am On Jan 28, 2018
Muafrika2:

Can a factory reset do that?

Some spy apps can withstand that manual reset, so I advice you to flash it.. Visit any computer village close by.
Re: Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by ipobarecriminals: 9:53am On Jan 28, 2018
cheesy grin cool grin shocked grin wink cheesy
Jjporch:
ignore..
Better still send a message back to them that thunder will fire their generation...
grin
Jjporch:
ignore..
Re: Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by ipobarecriminals: 9:55am On Jan 28, 2018
princemillla:

Pure lies.... Best bet for u is put ur fone to dfu n connect to ur iTunes. Click to restore from initial back up uve made to that system or do online restore. This will download fresh os and flash yr device.

And if u are in Lagos call 08113648092

Good luck
thanks.I appreciate
Re: Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by Nobody: 9:59am On Jan 28, 2018
ouzo1:

Some spy apps can withstand that manual reset, so I advice you to flash it.. Visit any computer village close by.
Thanks
Re: Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by chukzyfcbb: 10:11am On Jan 28, 2018
Nonso92:
everybody saying phone cannot be hacked here in Nigeria, I just laugh..

looks like you guys haven't heard of 'Metasploit' and 'The fat rat'. on Kali Linux
Baba abeg leave these ignoramuses. when I just started my IT journey. I wanted to learn so many things at a fast pace, Ccna,python, ethical hacking (Ceh)

I was in a Cyber security Whatsapp group filled with indians nigerians in the group were just like 5 out of 150 and someone dropped an app claiming it can hack passwords and sort. Naive me , I download and installed the app and boom I was hacked!

I didn't notice any strange thing like this OP says. Later the guy who hacked me later apologized and laughed over it, saying he was testing METASPLOIT. He had access to my messages, call logs, he could tell what site i was on.

We became pals and He wanted to teach me a lot but I just wasn't cut out for hacking. I prefer the Network engineering side of IT, configuration and stuff

So if you are still saying you can't be hacked. You be MUMU. Especially if you are the type that downloads all these Modded Whatsapp (GBWhatsapp) or apps outside of play store. you are toast!

I can share an app for you via Xender and you wouldn't even suspect the app came with a Malware,lool

dey there make pant dey wear you.

1 Like

Re: Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by Ghostmode2two(m): 10:23am On Jan 28, 2018
okonja:

Lol...Too much of foreign movies....You sound so much like an IT novice...Nothing like phone hacking more especially in this our country, your phone can be tracked BUT not hacked to the extent of overriding your apps, that's malware as a result of installing all apps without verifying its signature.

Please could explain to me how a phone can be tracked as I have my phone stolen?
Re: Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by jamex93(m): 10:29am On Jan 28, 2018
obilloXCI:
I got my Wi-Fi hacked last month by my next door neighbor.
I found out he was the one because I am a white-hat-hacker.
Using the I. P and MAC address of his device. I sent him a warning text not to use my Wi-Fi. He apologized because we know ourselves.
Do not underestimate Nigerians

please how can i hack passworded wifi ?
Re: Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by Tomoyayi(m): 11:16am On Jan 28, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

It is not difficult to hack a phone.
Some apps require assess to SMS, contact, device ID, call information, location, photo/media files, Wi-Fi connection information, camera, microphone, and so on for them to work and most people grant the access.
Re: Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by okonja(m): 11:28am On Jan 28, 2018
Ghostmode2two:

Please could explain to me how a phone can be tracked as I have my phone stolen?

That as well is not available to the public, except to security agencies.
Re: Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by Proudlyngwa(m): 11:37am On Jan 28, 2018
Tomoyayi:

It is not difficult to hack a phone.
Some apps require assess to SMS, contact, device ID, call information, location, photo/media files, Wi-Fi connection information, camera, microphone, and so on for them to work and most people grant the access.

Hacking entails getting to the kernel of the phone, if your phone is not rooted, Android will not grant any application access, by rooting your phone, you waiver it's security.
This is different from giving permission to apps to use certain features of the phone.
A hacked phone won't ask you for those permissions.
Re: Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by Tomoyayi(m): 11:43am On Jan 28, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

Hacking entails getting to the kernel of the phone, if your phone is not rooted, Android will not grant any application access, by rooting your phone, you waiver it's security.
This is different from giving permission to apps to use certain features of the phone.
A hacked phone won't ask you for those permissions.

Oga anything can be hacked asked Edward Snowden.
You are here saying palm kernel
Re: Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by Proudlyngwa(m): 11:47am On Jan 28, 2018
Tomoyayi:

Oga anything can be hacked asked Edward Snowden.
You are here saying palm kernel

Can you hack a Nokia torch, without physical access, stop posting rubbish
Re: Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by Tomoyayi(m): 11:48am On Jan 28, 2018
okonja:

That as well is not available to the public, except to security agencies.

A stolen phone can be tracked.
At least I know of iPhone and Sony xperia
Re: Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by emywealth11(m): 12:05pm On Jan 28, 2018
ipobarecriminals:
sad embarassed sad phone guru.I forgot my iphone7 Gmail/test answer..I received sms yesterday. dat i should fill in my mastercard detail online to enable dem do d needful. Pls help me oo b4 dem empty my kudi
be careful because this could be "phising" and as soon as you fill in those details your kudi will automatically become someone else's own. I think the best thing is to go to any reputable place like "slot" for instance and see it a professional could assist you there. Money no easy o my brother not to talk of loosing hard earned cash

2 Likes

Re: Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by Tomoyayi(m): 12:09pm On Jan 28, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

Can you hack a Nokia torch, without physical access, stop posting rubbish

That's not a smart device.
You can only use a Nokia touch for calls, sms and of cause torch light.
The calls made on it can be tapped, the location of the phone can also be tracked using the cell towers. The call log and the SMS can be retrieved. Is that still not hacking?
Is it not a Telecoms company that is providing the service?
Is it not humans that developed the technology?
Is it not humans that are operating it?

Seems you are forgetting the Government runs/controls everything legally or illegally.
Physical access is not needed when the device connects to the internet.
Re: Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by delishpot: 12:15pm On Jan 28, 2018
ipobarecriminals:

fill it
Re: Signs Your Phone Was Hacked by ipobarecriminals: 12:49pm On Jan 28, 2018
embarassed embarassed
emywealth11:
be careful because this could be "phising" and as soon as you fill in those details your kudi will automatically become someone else's own. I think the best thing is to go to any reputable place like "slot" for instance and see it a professional could assist you there. Money no easy o my brother not to talk of loosing hard earned cash
embarassed
emywealth11:
thank u.I appreciate.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Does Phone Brand Determine The Amount Of Data It Consumes? / 3 Reasons Why Nigeria Isn’t Ready For 5G Technology In 2019 / How To Check Bvn On Mtn Line

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.