Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,912 members, 7,838,252 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

Court Orders Samuel Olajide Afolayan To Pay N9m To Herdsman For Seizing 42 Cows - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Court Orders Samuel Olajide Afolayan To Pay N9m To Herdsman For Seizing 42 Cows (30219 Views)

IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods / Undergraduate Slaughtered Girlfriend For Seizing His Phone In Ogun / Ilorin Court Remands Drunk Fulani Herdsman For Killing Fellow Herder With Machet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Orders Samuel Olajide Afolayan To Pay N9m To Herdsman For Seizing 42 Cows by Nobody: 11:41am On Jan 28, 2018
Yarnvibes:

Justice Adeyinka Sikiru Oyinloye gave the judgment in suit NO.KWS/83M/2017.

Re: Court Orders Samuel Olajide Afolayan To Pay N9m To Herdsman For Seizing 42 Cows by DoTheNeedful: 11:43am On Jan 28, 2018
The judgement is harsh. Pay 500k for each day of default? There is a grand conspiracy in this whole thing. This is really a Fulani government.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Orders Samuel Olajide Afolayan To Pay N9m To Herdsman For Seizing 42 Cows by Zuluhead(m): 11:44am On Jan 28, 2018
This is really getting out of hands, please its high time the igbos venture into this cattle rearing business and start building ranches with modern facilities and amenities. Boycotting or healthy competition would put these Fulani terrorist into order. The nnewi businessmen should utilize this opportunity. Its a multi billion tax free business.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Orders Samuel Olajide Afolayan To Pay N9m To Herdsman For Seizing 42 Cows by Emyogalanya: 11:45am On Jan 28, 2018
HILLLORRYN AGAIN A YORUBAA MUSLIM PASS THIS SENTENCE AGAINST ANOTHER YORUBAA CHRISTIAN JUST TO SHOW LOVE TO A FULANI MUSLIM. PLS JESUS SHOW UP NOW

9 Likes

Re: Court Orders Samuel Olajide Afolayan To Pay N9m To Herdsman For Seizing 42 Cows by adisabarber(m): 11:45am On Jan 28, 2018
What is the value of each cow?
Re: Court Orders Samuel Olajide Afolayan To Pay N9m To Herdsman For Seizing 42 Cows by narutop: 11:49am On Jan 28, 2018
When will southerners join hands together to defeat this northerners.
This humiliation is getting too much.
Yoruba the Igbos don't hate you, Igbos the Yorubas don't hate you. We only view things differently when it comes to politics.
Niger deltans now you know who is after your oil.
Time has come to put our differences aside and fight the real enemy.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Orders Samuel Olajide Afolayan To Pay N9m To Herdsman For Seizing 42 Cows by DONADAMS(m): 11:50am On Jan 28, 2018
na naval man na..make e go try army
Re: Court Orders Samuel Olajide Afolayan To Pay N9m To Herdsman For Seizing 42 Cows by Afrojuju2017(m): 11:51am On Jan 28, 2018
Jabioro:
What kind of bias judgement is this?

It's a fair judgement, the judge was not asked to delibrate on the issue of a herd of cows causing damage to his farm but his illegal seizure of cows.

The Afolayan man shld have sued the Abdullahi herdman for damage to property rather than illegal detention of his property (cows)
Nothing stops him from still suing the Abdullahi to court and winning the case

4 Likes

Re: Court Orders Samuel Olajide Afolayan To Pay N9m To Herdsman For Seizing 42 Cows by Lifestone(m): 11:52am On Jan 28, 2018
Redboi:
Around 2015 if I could remember I visited this man's farm when I was doing my attachment, He was complaining to my Oga about how the Fulani herds men around were giving him issues.. Destroying his crops and stuff.. Now it has come to this. I feel bad for him.
The point here is that he took the law into his hand, Law will never favour such. Once the owner of the cattle was Identified, he should have sued for damages. That he can still do now provided he has proofs that the herdsman he arrested was actually the one responsible for the damages to his farm.

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Samuel Olajide Afolayan To Pay N9m To Herdsman For Seizing 42 Cows by Afrojuju2017(m): 11:56am On Jan 28, 2018
whirlwind7:

The owner of the cows went through a legal process to seek justice, and that's quite commendable. Quite certain he didn't choose the violent way because the ex naval chief also have armed guards at his disposal.

Now the farm owner can sue for the damages done to his farmland. Let's see how the court handles that.
Here's the first piece of farmer-cattleherder dispute that didn't end in bloodshed. Nice!

Thank you for this piece, similar to my response too, so many people who claim to be educated and learned you find out subscribe to anarchy and brigandage.

The Afoloyan man has no right to permanently detain property. He could have detained the said cows raised the attention of the police who would them file a criminal suite for destruction of property, if that is not forthcoming he could have filed a civil suite and added the NPF as respondents having failed in their duty but he took laws into his own hands and got burnt.

He can still file a civil suite for destruction of property if he has adequate evidence

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Samuel Olajide Afolayan To Pay N9m To Herdsman For Seizing 42 Cows by Nobody: 11:57am On Jan 28, 2018
Sprumbabafather:

Afonja raining blows on another Afonja grin
It's a shame, really! North now using our Muslim brothers to fight us!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Orders Samuel Olajide Afolayan To Pay N9m To Herdsman For Seizing 42 Cows by Nobody: 11:58am On Jan 28, 2018

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Orders Samuel Olajide Afolayan To Pay N9m To Herdsman For Seizing 42 Cows by DWJOBScom(m): 11:58am On Jan 28, 2018
whirlwind7:

The owner of the cows went through a legal process to seek justice, and that's quite commendable. Quite certain he didn't choose the violent way because the ex naval chief also have armed guards at his disposal.

Now the farm owner can sue for the damages done to his farmland. Let's see how the court handles that.
Here's the first piece of farmer-cattleherder dispute that didn't end in bloodshed. Nice!

Totally agree with you
Re: Court Orders Samuel Olajide Afolayan To Pay N9m To Herdsman For Seizing 42 Cows by no1madman(m): 11:59am On Jan 28, 2018
[img][/img]Okkkk

Re: Court Orders Samuel Olajide Afolayan To Pay N9m To Herdsman For Seizing 42 Cows by RandomVic(m): 12:00pm On Jan 28, 2018
My goodness! What a country embarassed
Re: Court Orders Samuel Olajide Afolayan To Pay N9m To Herdsman For Seizing 42 Cows by Afrojuju2017(m): 12:00pm On Jan 28, 2018
candy:

It's a shame, really! North now using our Muslim brothers to fight us!

There is nothing north or Muslim about it. That is a very fair judgement in any court and any judge who doesn't give such a judgement in the face of such facts is compromised.

The Naval chief still has the right to sue Abdullahi for invasion of private land and damage to property (crops and farm) and win equal or greater compensation than this 9M.

This court was not asked to delibrate on the issue of farmland damage but the illegal detention of cows and the consequential loss of earnings as a result of said action

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Samuel Olajide Afolayan To Pay N9m To Herdsman For Seizing 42 Cows by PreferedOne: 12:03pm On Jan 28, 2018
Our Yoruba people in Nigeria should think & make amend & seperate from the caliphate north before it's too late.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Samuel Olajide Afolayan To Pay N9m To Herdsman For Seizing 42 Cows by ridbell01(m): 12:04pm On Jan 28, 2018
Sprumbabafather:

if this is how the future leaders are reasoning...that means theres nothing in the future for this country
Re: Court Orders Samuel Olajide Afolayan To Pay N9m To Herdsman For Seizing 42 Cows by Proffdada: 12:04pm On Jan 28, 2018
Sprumbabafather:

You are too blind to spot religious bigotry. But then again, there's nothing in that flat head of yours grin
Re: Court Orders Samuel Olajide Afolayan To Pay N9m To Herdsman For Seizing 42 Cows by devindevin2000: 12:06pm On Jan 28, 2018
no1madman:
[img][/img]Okkkk

Typical afonja and obsession with women private parts even when Important issues are being discussed. What a people...SMH

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Samuel Olajide Afolayan To Pay N9m To Herdsman For Seizing 42 Cows by Amarabae(f): 12:06pm On Jan 28, 2018
Just imagine.
How dare he seize herdsmen cows?
That's hatred.
He should pay.
Sai buhari *in bmc voice *
Ojukwu indeed saw the future

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Samuel Olajide Afolayan To Pay N9m To Herdsman For Seizing 42 Cows by Afrojuju2017(m): 12:07pm On Jan 28, 2018
DWJOBScom:
Now I think something is wrong here....

No-one addressed his loses BUT he took laws into his hands.
Force doesn't win all the time.

One commissioner of police under Governor Lam Adeshina once lamented on the fulani situation - on the difficulties experienced arresting them as they are always on the move. They commit crime and move somewhere else

The Jusge can not address his losses because that is outside the suite. The case is based on the seizure and detention of cows 42 in number.

I don't get how Nigerians don't get simple legal concepts.

If my car runs into your car you have no legal right to seize my car or detain me, you are obliged to notify the police who would report the incident take note of who has broken the road use act of any , who is at fault and leave us to settle a civil matter.

3 Likes

Re: Court Orders Samuel Olajide Afolayan To Pay N9m To Herdsman For Seizing 42 Cows by Afrojuju2017(m): 12:09pm On Jan 28, 2018
sondi:
That's what is obtainable in a shithole country with shithole leaders and shithole judiciary. What a judgement

You are clueless. That is actually what I'd expect in a correct judicial process
Re: Court Orders Samuel Olajide Afolayan To Pay N9m To Herdsman For Seizing 42 Cows by JuanDeDios: 12:11pm On Jan 28, 2018
whirlwind7:

Right.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Samuel Olajide Afolayan To Pay N9m To Herdsman For Seizing 42 Cows by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jan 28, 2018
Afrojuju2017:

There is nothing north or Muslim about it. That is a very fair judgement in any court and Amy judge who doesn't give such a judgement in the face of such facts is compromised.

The Naval chief still has the right to sue Abdullahi for invasion of private land and damage to property (crops and farm) and win equal or greater compensation than this 9M.

This court was not asked to delibrate on the issue of farmland damage but the illegal detention of cows and the consequential loss of earnings as a result of said action
I read it somewhere that this wasn't the first time this man's farm was destroyed and he once took them to court but nothing happened!
Here is a man that prolly got frustrated trying to get justice. Too bad he took laws into his hands this time. But let's be real, if he had sought redress in court, he would have lost. I believe the Abdullahi only went to court because the man had armed guards.

Like you rightly pointed out however, I hope Afolayan drags Abdullahi's @ss to court and claim damages as well.

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Samuel Olajide Afolayan To Pay N9m To Herdsman For Seizing 42 Cows by GavelSlam: 12:13pm On Jan 28, 2018
Seizing the cattle is tantamount to taking the law into your own hands.

It appears he wasn't able to prove destruction of property.
Re: Court Orders Samuel Olajide Afolayan To Pay N9m To Herdsman For Seizing 42 Cows by JuanDeDios: 12:14pm On Jan 28, 2018
Afrojuju2017:

There is nothing north or Muslim about it. That is a very fair judgement in any court and any judge who doesn't give such a judgement in the face of such facts is compromised.

Right.
Re: Court Orders Samuel Olajide Afolayan To Pay N9m To Herdsman For Seizing 42 Cows by Jabioro: 12:15pm On Jan 28, 2018
Afrojuju2017:

It's a fair judgement, the judge was not asked to delibrate on the issue of a herd of cows causing damage to his farm but his illegal seizure of cows.

The Afolayan man shld have sued the Abdullahi herdman for damage to property rather than illegal detention of his property (cows)
Nothing stops him from still suing the Abdullahi to court and winning the case
During trial the defendants lawyer supposed to hv done the needful..
Re: Court Orders Samuel Olajide Afolayan To Pay N9m To Herdsman For Seizing 42 Cows by Afrojuju2017(m): 12:16pm On Jan 28, 2018
candy:

I read it somewhere that this wasn't the first time this man's farm was destroyed and he once took them to court but nothing happened!
Here is a man that prolly got frustrated trying to get justice. Too bad he took laws into his hands this time. But let's be real, if he had sought redress in court, he would have lost. I believe the Abdullahi only went to court because the man had armed guards.

Like you rightly pointed out however, I hope Afolayan drags Abdullahi's @ss to court and claim damages as well.

Frustration is not a good reason for breaking the law. we have several levels within the judiciary if you don't get justice here try an higher level, ensure you have adequate evidence. Nothing stops him from equipping his farm with fencing or camera systems or adequate security to prevent such.

I live in Ireland and deal with farmer frequently who have cameras and sensors on their different farms because of theft or vandalism; there was a case of a farmer sometime ago who shot a thief on his land and went to jail he almost lost everything I think he got 4 years

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Woman Drowns 2 Children Of Co-Wife In Well In Nasarawa (Photo) / Man Kills, Roasts Mum In Anambra / Picture Of Herbalist, Prophetess That Defraud Bankers Of N6m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.