Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,890 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:45 PM

Undergraduate Slaughtered Girlfriend For Seizing His Phone In Ogun - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Undergraduate Slaughtered Girlfriend For Seizing His Phone In Ogun (40331 Views)

Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone / IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods / Court Orders Samuel Olajide Afolayan To Pay N9m To Herdsman For Seizing 42 Cows (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Undergraduate Slaughtered Girlfriend For Seizing His Phone In Ogun by BadNews: 7:43am On Jan 30
A Student of a private health technology institution in Ogun State, Adebayo Adeyemi, had a girlfriend, Mercy, also a colleague, in the same school in Ijebu Ode, Ogun State. But the girl’s name did not work for her recently when Adeyemi decided to deal with her for seizing his phone over an alleged relationship with another girl.

Mercilessly, Adeyemi put an abrupt end to Mercy’s life by allegedly slaughtering her with a knife, though he claimed he hit her on the head with a big stick inside the bush he took her to.

He was accompanied by his colleague and friend, Michael Huessinon, and Mercy’s friend (name withheld) who initially thought Adeyemi was taking his lover to a police station, as he said, and decided to be with her.

Mercy’s friend got her own portion of the punishment as she was allegedly raped by Michael and threatened with death if she dared to tell anyone about her friend’s murder and the sexual abuse she went through.

The two suspects were arrested by detectives in Ogun State Police Command for conspiracy to commit murder and rape. Confirming the story, the police image-maker in Ogun, SP Omolola Odutola, said the Commissioner of Police, Abiodun Alamutu, directed the transfer of the case to Homicide Section at the State Criminal Investigation Department, Eleweran, for further investigation.

Dateline was January 16. Nigerian Tribune learnt that Adeyemi went to the residence of his girlfriend whom he accused of taking his phone. The phone issue, according to police sources, began in September 2023 when Mercy took Adeyemi’s phone and kept it after discovering that he was cheating on her. When she refused to return the phone, Adeyemi left for Lagos State to do the practical of his course.

On his return to Ijebu Ode in January, he went to Mercy’s hostel to ask why she took his phone. It was gathered that he met Michael there and told him about what he intended to do. Michael reportedly suggested taking Mercy to ‘Island,’ a code said to be understood by cultists.

It was further gathered that they saw a driver that Michael was familiar with as he was moving out. They stopped him and asked him to pick them, as Adeyemi claimed he was taking Mercy to a police station for the matter to be settled.

When they got to a spot along the way by a bush, Adeyemi, Michael, Mercy and her friend got down. Adeyemi reportedly took Mercy to a field in the bush where he reportedly queried her concerning his phone. He was said to have eventually slaughtered her there, with Michael pinning her down.

The source told the Nigerian Tribune that when they came out of the bush, Mercy’s friend saw Adeyemi with a bloody knife. He also had blood stains on his clothes. She asked of Mercy, her friend. This made Adeyemi tell his friend, Michael, that they should kill her also to cover up their deeds.

However, Michael advised Adeyemi not to do so, with the belief that the young lady would not spill the beans. In fear, she followed Michael until they got to their hostel. Michael was said to have further instilled fear in her by telling her to give him whatever he asked if she didn’t want to be killed.

Terrified, the lady asked him what he wanted, and he demanded N200,000. With wide eyes, the lady told him that she didn’t have such money, and Michael then demanded s*x.

He was also said to have brought out a padlock which he presented as a charm and asked the lady to swear by it that she would not tell anyone of what happened between them or else she would face the consequence. After having his way with her, the lady went to the police to report what was done to her and her friend.

In an interview with Adeyemi, he said that he didn’t know the spirit that came over him to commit such an act. He claimed that it was fueled by the anger he felt when he was hit by the deceased as he was trying to cuddle her on the neck.

His narration went thus: “I’m from Atiba, Oyo State, but based in Ijebu Ode. I’m 30 years old. I’m a student of Dental Therapy Department of a College of Health Technology, Ijebu Ode.

“Last year, my girlfriend, Mercy, a fellow student, took my phone on September 2, 2023, and didn’t return it. When I saw her one-on-one, I asked her to give me my phone, but she refused to do so. I went for practical in Lagos State on September 4, and on my return this year, I went to her again but she was just dodging me until I asked people to help get in touch with her.

“I went to where she was residing and asked her again to give me my phone. She didn’t respond. I told a man living in the same house with her that I would take her to a police station where she would give me the phone. She agreed with me on that.

“I asked the man, who was attending the same church with my friend, Michael, to give me his car key for me to drive to the station but he said he would not give me the key but would drive us there. I knew him through that friend who is also a student in my school.

“On our way, I decided not to go to the police station and asked him to drop us by a bush. It was that my friend whom I had initially told of taking my ex-girlfriend to police station who said I should take her to the bush and torture her into submission.

“We were six in the car, including me, Mercy, Mercy’s friend, Michael, the driver and one other student who was going to school. The driver dropped us by a bush side and left with the student. On getting into the bush, I asked Mercy to sit on the ground. Michael and her friend were with us.

“I started questioning Mercy on what I did to her that warranted her taking my phone. At last, she told me that I offended her by cheating on her and ditching her for another girl, which made her seize my phone. I asked for the phone and she said that she had given it to someone, promising to buy me another one.

After that, I held her on the neck and started cuddling her and told her that what she just told me was what I had been waiting to hear from her. I was telling her that she f****d up and other things. That was how she picked something from the ground and hit me on the head with it.

“I became so mad at her that I didn’t know when I was possessed by a spirit. I hit her head with a big stick and she fell and died. She told me she was 20 years old when we were dating.”

When asked whether he was into drugs, Adeyemi denied using drugs, saying that he only used to take alcohol poured on herbs for medicinal purposes. He also said that he had never joined a cult.

The second suspect, Michael, also spoke thus: “I am an Egun from Benin Republic but my parents relocated to Ipokia in Ogun State. I will be 29 in February. I’m also a student in the same school with Adeyemi.

“In the morning of the fateful day, Adeyemi came to Mercy’s compound to ask about his phone. I was there with the driver. Later, he said he wanted to take Mercy to the police station but I didn’t want to go there with him because I didn’t want any trouble. So, I asked him to go somewhere within the community to ask her questions.

“He asked for my friend’s car key but that one refused to give him, offering to take him to the police station. On the way, Adeyemi asked him to stop by the bush side and I came down with him, Mercy and her friend, while the driver left with the student in the car. Adeyemi and Mercy entered the bush and I stayed by the side with her friend.

“Later, I saw Adeyemi come out with a wound on his head. I asked him what happened and he replied that Mercy injured him and he also hit her. I asked about her and he said that she was inside the bush, in the throes of death.

“Mercy’s friend and I immediately moved away from the spot and headed home, leaving the body in the bush. I was frightened by Adeyemi’s looks. We got to the compound where Mercy and the driver lived and stood there. The friend was scared and said that she would go to my room to rest.

“When we got to my place, I told her that I wanted to sleep with her, but she refused. She pleaded with me, saying that she would give me money if that was what I wanted. She promised to transfer the money immediately. I demanded for N200,000 and she said she didn’t have such money. That was when I slept with her. When I was done, I brought out a dish with black soap in it and warned her not to tell anyone about what happened between us, or else the consequences would be dire.

“Later, Mercy’s friend went to a brother with whom I was attending the same church and reported what happened. That was how the police were informed and Adeyemi was apprehended while he was with his current girlfriend. Adeyemi just told me that he wanted to torture Mercy. He didn’t tell me he would kill her. I didn’t know what took over me that made me rape Mercy’s friend.”

Source: https://tribuneonlineng.com/how-undergraduate-slaughtered-girlfriend-for-seizing-his-phone/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Undergraduate Slaughtered Girlfriend For Seizing His Phone In Ogun by BadNews: 7:44am On Jan 30
Over Phone, This Undergraduate Kill Person

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Undergraduate Slaughtered Girlfriend For Seizing His Phone In Ogun by Timoleon(m): 7:54am On Jan 30
Badnews on this one again

If the report is true, this should be a pretty straightforward case for the judge. Consecutive life sentences for both men.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Undergraduate Slaughtered Girlfriend For Seizing His Phone In Ogun by Chukwuka319(m): 8:23am On Jan 30
When we advise youths to keep away from fornication,they won't hear.These two have incurred lengthy jail terms for murder and rape.
With the action of the Beninoise,raping a vulnerable girl, who would blame Donald Trump for imposing strict restrictions and harsh clampdown on cross border migrants, and vowing to build a huge wall on the US-MEXICO border.

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Undergraduate Slaughtered Girlfriend For Seizing His Phone In Ogun by Angrigowt: 8:39am On Jan 30
I'm sure na one dirty ugly rat dem kill cos they look malnourished.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Undergraduate Slaughtered Girlfriend For Seizing His Phone In Ogun by Dexy4yah(m): 8:53am On Jan 30
The way some people dey carry this relationship for head eeeh.

You are dating a student and you expect him to be faithful to you? Like how?

Killing a girl just because of phone...this guy deserve capital punishment.

Don't expect your bf/gf to be faithful to you when you are not married to her/him.

Even the married ones dey shalaye not to talk of the single ones

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Undergraduate Slaughtered Girlfriend For Seizing His Phone In Ogun by Jennyclay(f): 9:51am On Jan 30
You killed someone because of one rubbish phone If at all she refused to give you the phone can’t you just leave the phone for her!!

Why is it that the heart of a broke man is naturally and dangerously wicked! undecided why?

I wish they could just slaughter these broke murderers like sallah ram undecided

BTW, I don’t understand why you bloggers keep blurring criminals face, abi are they your siblings or relatives Please always show their useless face let us see!

Nonsense people!!

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Undergraduate Slaughtered Girlfriend For Seizing His Phone In Ogun by Benki003(m): 10:08am On Jan 30
That's how one girl almost kill me 😩 that time

Don't date crazy people for ur mental health

Bth how do ugly guys like this get girl when me I struggle to get one 🥺

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Undergraduate Slaughtered Girlfriend For Seizing His Phone In Ogun by Zonefree(m): 10:45am On Jan 30
Benki003:
That's how one girl almost kill me 😩 that time

Don't date crazy people for ur mental health

Bth how do ugly guys like this get girl when me I struggle to get one 🥺
They're all crazy!

8 Likes

Re: Undergraduate Slaughtered Girlfriend For Seizing His Phone In Ogun by CheedyJ(m): 11:00am On Jan 30
Angrigowt:
I'm sure na one dirty ugly rat dem kill cos they look malnourished.
You need help mate

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Undergraduate Slaughtered Girlfriend For Seizing His Phone In Ogun by Deebami: 12:13pm On Jan 30
This is unbelievable! How much is the phone? You can buy the phone back, but can you buy her life back? May God help this generation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Undergraduate Slaughtered Girlfriend For Seizing His Phone In Ogun by FalseProphet1(m): 12:18pm On Jan 30
sad
Re: Undergraduate Slaughtered Girlfriend For Seizing His Phone In Ogun by englishmart(m): 12:19pm On Jan 30
Undergrad needs deliverance by hanging.

1 Like

Re: Undergraduate Slaughtered Girlfriend For Seizing His Phone In Ogun by PriNceNova(m): 12:20pm On Jan 30
Ihbv
Re: Undergraduate Slaughtered Girlfriend For Seizing His Phone In Ogun by Dididrumz(m): 12:20pm On Jan 30
Too much horror.
Re: Undergraduate Slaughtered Girlfriend For Seizing His Phone In Ogun by solmusdesigns: 12:20pm On Jan 30
Relationship matter

2 Likes

Re: Undergraduate Slaughtered Girlfriend For Seizing His Phone In Ogun by Talkisneeded: 12:21pm On Jan 30
Eeew,too many gory story....

1 Like

Re: Undergraduate Slaughtered Girlfriend For Seizing His Phone In Ogun by peekay007: 12:21pm On Jan 30
So Sad........beautiful life wasted just cos of a phone.

1 Like

Re: Undergraduate Slaughtered Girlfriend For Seizing His Phone In Ogun by ZombiePUNISHER: 12:21pm On Jan 30
undecided

Ogun

check vital organs

1 Like

Re: Undergraduate Slaughtered Girlfriend For Seizing His Phone In Ogun by clockwisereport: 12:22pm On Jan 30
Things dey happen for my country

2 Likes

Re: Undergraduate Slaughtered Girlfriend For Seizing His Phone In Ogun by Beuberry(f): 12:23pm On Jan 30
Sadonic.
He should be sentenced to death by slaughtering too. He should know how Mercy felt.
As for others including the driver, Mercy's friend etc, all should be jailed like 10 years each!
The kinda evil thoughts, deeds in the mind of some people is unmentionable!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Undergraduate Slaughtered Girlfriend For Seizing His Phone In Ogun by nairalanda1(m): 12:24pm On Jan 30
Chukwuka319:
When we advise youths to keep away from fornication,they won't hear.These two have incurred lengthy jail terms for murder and rape.
With the action of the Beninoise,raping a vulnerable girl, who would blame Donald Trump for imposing strict restrictions and harsh clampdown on cross border migrants, and vowing to build a huge wall on the US-MEXICO border.

Fornication no cause this. The boy had anger management issues. If someone else had seized his phone, the result would have still been the same.

Anyway, make him and his friend enjoy their stay in Kirikiri.

As for the USA, US has no choice but to accept immigrants. Because they aren't having enough kids to replace their population effectively. Unless trump has a plan to make it easy for women to give birth to more children without their familes losing money as a result...immigration is the solution.

2 Likes

Re: Undergraduate Slaughtered Girlfriend For Seizing His Phone In Ogun by ExudeLoveToAll: 12:26pm On Jan 30
Jennyclay:
You killed someone because of one rubbish phone If at all she refused to give you the phone can’t you just leave the phone for her!

Why is it that the heart of a broke man is naturally and dangerously wicked! undecided why?

I wish they could just slaughter these broke murderers like sallah ram undecided

BTW, I don’t understand why you bloggers keep blurring criminals face, abi are they your siblings or relatives Please always show their useless face let us see!

Nonsense people!!

grin

Accountability is far from you, you will learn a lesson soon.

Go get a job and help yourself.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Undergraduate Slaughtered Girlfriend For Seizing His Phone In Ogun by OluwaBlessyn: 12:26pm On Jan 30
Animal in human form

Tueh💀💀

1 Like

Re: Undergraduate Slaughtered Girlfriend For Seizing His Phone In Ogun by Elemosho478: 12:27pm On Jan 30
Jennyclay:
You killed someone because of one rubbish phone If at all she refused to give you the phone can’t you just leave the phone for her!!

Nonsense people!!

i don't support the violence but give the phone to her ? what made her think she could get away with a property that didn't belong to her or given to her ? it was that entitlement mentality that killed her.

If the girl i'm dating take the property dear to me like my phone that i didn't personally hand over to her, i will just arrest her and accuse her of theft and pray nothing ever bring us together again after i recover it from her. A thief like that can't be trusted.

6 Likes

Re: Undergraduate Slaughtered Girlfriend For Seizing His Phone In Ogun by Mpcoll001: 12:27pm On Jan 30
Brutal
Re: Undergraduate Slaughtered Girlfriend For Seizing His Phone In Ogun by motionarena: 12:28pm On Jan 30
The grammar for this your article no be here

1 Like

Re: Undergraduate Slaughtered Girlfriend For Seizing His Phone In Ogun by Anunakeeh: 12:28pm On Jan 30

1 Like

Re: Undergraduate Slaughtered Girlfriend For Seizing His Phone In Ogun by PrinceOfLagos: 12:28pm On Jan 30
Balkan:
South west is gone.
So this is how you want to teach Igbos lesson. grin
I Pity these people
😂 😂

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fetish 419 Syndicate In Ibadan Arrested By Police (Photos) / Blogger Abdulhakeem Bauchin Bauchi Killed After He Went Missing. Graphic PICS / Man Saves His Wife And Sons From Kidnappers In Lekki, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.