Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,714 members, 7,824,023 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Holy Communion Leftover: Should It Be Disposed Or Shared? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Holy Communion Leftover: Should It Be Disposed Or Shared? (12366 Views)

Anglican Church Refuses Man Holy Communion Because Of His Beard. Photo / I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card / Church Forbids Wife From Sleeping With Hubby Over Holy Communion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Holy Communion Leftover: Should It Be Disposed Or Shared? by phemmyfour: 6:06pm On Jan 30, 2018
LogicStatement:

"Chickens at the farm feed on the extra dough from remnants of communion wafers, made by cloistered nuns who live on the property." - CNN 2017
Here is the full article to avoid misquotation https://www.local10.com/news/international/harvest-time-at-the-popes-farm

There is difference between communion and Holy Communion. Communion is an unleavened bread made from dough while Holy Communion or Eucharist is the body and blood of Christ which is, through transubstantiation of the bread and wine by the prayers of a priest during Holy Mass. Note that communion and its wafers/crumps can be eaten by anybody and be fed to animals because it's only a bread- food. Nuns or Revered Sisters often make this bread for use by the Catholic church.
You can visit any convent near you where this communion is made, I tell you, you will eat enough of it if you want, but for the one that has been transubstantiated to the body of Christ, u will not have access to it unless given to you by a priest only if you are in a state of grace.

When we say communion, we mean holy communion. There is no other communion apart from holy communion. Its like when Jesus was mentioned in the scripture, we all knew they were referring to Christ.
The only time another Jesus that wasn't Christ was mentioned was ba-jesus.

Holy communion is sacred and its not meant for anybody like you suggested. I'll back up my claim with the scripture below

1Cor 11:28-29
28 Everyone (believers) ought to examine themselves before they eat of the bread and drink from the cup. 29 For those who eat and drink without discerning the body of Christ eat and drink judgment on themselves. 30 That is why many among you are weak and sick, and a number of you have fallen asleep.
Re: Holy Communion Leftover: Should It Be Disposed Or Shared? by LogicStatement: 6:49pm On Jan 30, 2018
phemmyfour:
When we say communion, we mean holy communion. There is no other communion apart from holy communion. Its like when Jesus was mentioned in the scripture, we all knew they were referring to Christ.
The only time another Jesus that wasn't Christ was mentioned was ba-jesus.

Holy communion is sacred and its not meant for anybody like you suggested. I'll back up my claim with the scripture below

1Cor 11:28-29
28 Everyone (believers) ought to examine themselves before they eat of the bread and drink from the cup. 29 For those who eat and drink without discerning the body of Christ eat and drink judgment on themselves. 30 That is why many among you are weak and sick, and a number of you have fallen asleep.
The communion bread is often interchangeably used as Holy Communion or Holy Eucharist but technically, they are different. The communion bread when ordinary that is, not blessed, is still referred to as communion but to differentiate this from the blessed one by transubstantiation, it is called Holy Communion or Holy Eucharist.
Re: Holy Communion Leftover: Should It Be Disposed Or Shared? by TLisieux: 7:02pm On Jan 30, 2018
spongeisback:

25 Nov 2017 · At the Pope's farm in Italy, workers grow his favorite vegetables and feed the chickens .... Clarification: The chickens are fed the remnants of the DOUGH used to make the communion wafers.

Even the fake news CNN corrected themselves later on twitter.
Re: Holy Communion Leftover: Should It Be Disposed Or Shared? by phemmyfour: 7:05pm On Jan 30, 2018
LogicStatement:

The communion bread is often interchangeably used as Holy Communion or Holy Eucharist but technically, they are different. The communion bread when ordinary that is, not blessed, is still referred to as communion but to differentiate this from the blessed one by transubstantiation, it is called Holy Communion or Holy Eucharist.
That's heresy....There is only one communion and its holy communion. When you take it without being blessed, its called Abuse of the Lord's supper

some Corinthians were using the communion supper as an opportunity for self-indulgence, which is why Paul mentioned about how some got drunk.

20So then, when you come together, it is not the Lord’s Supper you eat, 21for when you are eating, some of you go ahead with your own private suppers. As a result, one person remains hungry and another gets drunk. 22Don’t you have homes to eat and drink in? Or do you despise the church of God by humiliating those who have nothing? What shall I say to you? Shall I praise you? Certainly not in this matter!
Re: Holy Communion Leftover: Should It Be Disposed Or Shared? by LogicStatement: 7:35pm On Jan 30, 2018
phemmyfour:
That's heresy....There is only one communion and its holy communion. When you take it without being blessed, its called Abuse of the Lord's supper

some Corinthians were using the communion supper as an opportunity for self-indulgence, which is why Paul mentioned about how some got drunk.

20So then, when you come together, it is not the Lord’s Supper you eat, 21for when you are eating, some of you go ahead with your own private suppers. As a result, one person remains hungry and another gets drunk. 22Don’t you have homes to eat and drink in? Or do you despise the church of God by humiliating those who have nothing? What shall I say to you? Shall I praise you? Certainly not in this matter!
I doubt you know the meaning of heresay with this your explanation. Also, the scripture you quoted has nothing to do with the discussion. Where you quoted, the bread and wine shared there were already blessed and so, were the body and blood of Christ they abused. But what we are discussing is differentiating an unblessed (ordinary) unleavened bread from a blessed one called the holy communion. I repeat, the unblessed communion or unleavened bread is like any other food we eat

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God / What Are You Thanking God For As 2020 Is Coming To An End? / Why Men Of God Prioritize Material Things To Enhance Their Ministry- Sam Adeyemi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.