Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,984 members, 7,828,485 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

Generalisation Of The Name God And The Blame Game - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Generalisation Of The Name God And The Blame Game (450 Views)

Admired The Name God / Creating Choas, Death and Confusion In the name GOD. / Father Mbaka Speaks On Onitsha Fire: Don't Blame Hausas, Obiano Should Resign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Generalisation Of The Name God And The Blame Game by toro92: 4:13pm On Jan 28, 2018
Generalisation of the name God and the blame game‎

I have often heard "Why did God allow this to happen?"
"Why did He allow this person to die"
"Why will I thank the same God that allowed this evil in the first place?"

My opinion...

There is Buddha(Buddhist), Allah(Muslims) Olodumare, Krishan(Hindu) Satna(sihkism), Ahura Mazda( Zoroastrianism)

Why do you keep blaming the Christian God for everything?"
What happens to the other gods there?(krishna, Allah, Buddha etc) 

Before you blame any "god" then you must have a reason to believe or you must have believe "he" exists in the first place.

Look at this scenerio..
As human I have the freewill to believe what I choose to believe right?
If I believe there is a supreme being up there that answers my prayer and when I pray and my prayers are answered I will say it is my believe in that supreme being that answer my prayer right?

If I don't believe any "Supreme Being" and I want something, it means I don't have to pray for it because no one is listening. Instead I choose to believe what I want will be granted to me sooner or later.

At the end, both our heart desires are met.. owing to our different believe.

In this view I feel it is wrong for people to discredit anything a religion or anyone chooses to believe(pray to) or not to believe so long the desires of their heart are met. Unfortunately we are in a world were every religion believes one is right and the other is evil, which has led to religion supremacy and battle.

When you want to play the "God" blame game and you don't belong to the religion or as an Atheist (you can blame anyone because you don't even believe a supreme being exist in the first place) the better word to use is for example:
"Why will I choose to believe a supreme being that causes illness or accident or whatever your blame is"

Don't put the blame on the "god" of any religion nor generalise. 
As a Buddhist blame Buddha, as a Muslim blame Allah.
It will be wrong for me as a Christian to blame Allah or Buddha

If you want to differ on it and say that the translation of the name of every religion supreme being still points to "God"... or all god are the same...
Then I will leave this for you to read:

Two things may fulfil the same purpose, but they may still be different. You may play the French horn, while I play the banjo, and we may get similar satisfaction out of making music on our respective instruments, but that does not mean that we are both playing the same instrument or even two versions of one fundamental instruments.‎

(1) (Reply)

Fighting Addictions: THE WAY OUT / Muslim Woman Gives Chicken And Food Items To Christians For Easter Celebrations / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 2/05/18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.