Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,942 members, 7,952,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:55 AM

Are Nigerian Pastors Setting Bad Precedence For Christians? Non Tithe Related - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Nigerian Pastors Setting Bad Precedence For Christians? Non Tithe Related (992 Views)

Tithing Controversy: Nigerian Pastors Speak / 19 Manipulative Tactics Nigerian Pastors Use To Collect Money By Aroms Aigbehi / Beautiful Wives Of Nigerian Pastors (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Nigerian Pastors Setting Bad Precedence For Christians? Non Tithe Related by davodyguy: 9:18am On Jan 29, 2018
[img][/img]This Thread has nothing to do with tithes and offerings, but rather on the behaviours of our Pastors and their moral standards as followers of Christ.

Seun, Mynd44 Mukina2 can do Justice to this thread

As posited in the prelude, this thread has nothing to do with offerings and tithe but on the kind of morals and examples these pastors are setting for church members.

I would try not to be judgmental, but would say this 'many of them may not make it if Christ should return today.

To the blind followers, I'm not an atheist or deist. I've been a member of
CCC, CAC, Methodist Church, Anglican, RCCG and Cherubim in the last 30 years and was and still s |Sunday School teacher. I have seen a lot and in the position to talk.

Many Nigerians see some men of God as infallible, hence choose to 'worship' them. They celebrate them so much that think they can never be wrong, forgetting that what sustain a man is Spirit, body and soul. That body is the one that comits sin, fornicate and have sex. It is that body that you use in eating rice and excreting same.

Are Men of God truly infallible? The answer is No.
Abraham needed to be reminded by God to walk perfectly before him Genesis 17:1
Noah was never a spirit, even though he was the father of the second earth after Adam Genesis 19:33
Gehazi's the 'son' of the prophet, but was greedy 2 Kings 5:15-27
David a man after Gods heart fell 2 Samuel 11
What about the wise King Solomon 1 Kings 11:4
Many more examples abound.
These men fell in the days when there was no technology or many people around that could have tempted them.

Now we Facebook, Nollywood actress, Badoo, Twoo etc and immorality has taken over. How do you expect men not to fall?

Let's chronicle the Nigeria Pastors and how they are bad examples to followers

1. The leader of the Christian Praying Assembly, Reverend Emeka Ezeugo King
The Supreme court had on 27 February 2016 upheld the judgement the Appeal Court which passed death penalty on King, saying the condemned reverend must die by hanging.

Reverend King was convicted by Justice Joseph Oyewole of Lagos High Court and sentenced to death by hanging on January 11, 2007, for the alleged murder of a church member, Ann Uzoh. He allegedly poured petrol on the deceased for what he called “acts of fornication,” and set her ablaze, alongside others. The victim eventually died as a result of injuries sustained from the burns.
This was a man that his church members worshiped. They saw him as god, but he committed atrocities that has put him behind bars. In fact, he has been sentenced to death by hanging, just that Governor Ambode doesn't have his time now.

What example/precedence has he laid for christians? Would Jesus have burnt anyone for fornication? No. Jesus actually forgave someone and told her to sin no more. This is a clear case of doing what Jesus didnt command him to do.
Why should Christians attend his church?

2. Pastor Oyakhilome

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/pastor-oyakhilomes-wife-accuses-adultery-sues-divorce/
The wife sought divorce on the grounds of “unreasonable behaviour” and “adultery”. She outlined several allegations against the pastor which The Cable could not publish for legal reasons. The divorce case, with Suit No FD14D01650, was filed on April 9, 2014 at Divorce Section A, Central Family Court, First Avenue House, High Holborn, London, UK, on Anita’s behalf by Attwaters Jameson Hill Solicitors, a full-service law firm with expertise in commercial law and a strong consumer focus in family, wills and estate, personal injury law and medical negligence.
Here is another good example of doing what Jesus wouldn't have done.
How can he teach his members Family Love or teach them about divorce? What good morals can we learn from this as Christians?
Yet members see them as god and infallible.

3. Glamour pastor, Reverend Chris Okotie

Nigeria: Chris Okotie Divorces Wife Number Two
http://allafrica.com/stories/201206260470.html
His case, married many times and divorced many times.
As a christian, assume i'm having issues with my wife, how can I go to him as a counselor on marriage? Yet Daddy Adeboye remained married to one. Bishop Oyedepo Remained married to one. Apostle Wole Oladiyun, remained married to one. At a point, Emeka ike alleged he was sleeping with his wife.
As Christians, what good example can you draw from this?

4. Pastor Fatoyinbo of COZA and Ese

He said he had told me to feel free with him and loosen up. I found myself strolling to sit on his laps. At that moment, I felt like a little girl who was experiencing something her mind couldn’t fathom. He asked me to kiss him and all I could think about was seeing him preach on the pulpit back in COZA Abuja, Nigeria, which was my home church. He again said ‘feel free Ese.’ And asked again, that I kiss him.

A few hours later, let’s just say, we were rolling under the sheets. It felt as though my mind had paused. I am not saying I was jazzed, (although it’s possible I was in some trancelike state and didn’t know it but I just was so afraid that I couldn’t say or think otherwise.) That was the beginning of this affair. A sexual affair that went on for a little over a week, DAILY!
We all remember couple of years ago, when Ese came out and spoke about the affairs he had with the Pastor. His congregation stood by him and at the end the case died down, with no evidence that Ese lied against him. Till date, he hasn't cleared his name. But one thing he didn't do was to take Ese to court and sue for character defamation. The matter just died like that.
When this man preach on the pulpit, what Goes through his mind when he advises people not to fornicate or commit adultery?
[img]https://1.bp..com/-mVTkDDtTzEw/WK_TC6D40jI/AAAAAAAC5Wk/qdj0TxUtPX8Lado3LEBhIh7UI2qiCCCcwCLcB/s1600/compressed-xq6t.png[/img]

5. Porthacourt Pastor VS Kemi Olunloyo.

Miss Olunloyo was recently locked up in the Port Harcourt prison for allegedly defaming Pastor David Ibiyeomie of Salvation Ministries.

Kemi was earlier granted bail by a Magistrate Court in Port Harcourt few weeks back but the America-trained investigative journalist was sent back to prison by a Federal High Court also sitting in Port Harcourt.
Blogger Kemi made some serious allegations against the man of God, but what did the man of God do?
The man of God decided to close his eyes to his own biblical teachings, where Jesus prayed for his enemies, where Jesus said if you're slapped on one cheek, turn the other, forgetting also the Lord's prayer that taught about forgiveness. He sent Kemi to prison. I wonder how such pastor would stand on the pulpit and teach about forgiveness. I definitely would not take such serious.
Few days after Blogger Kemi Olunloyo's release, she was the one that begged for forgiveness and 'repented.
It is well

6. Apostle VS Otobo

Apostle Suleman Johnson of the Omega Fire Ministries has reacted to the confession by Canadian-based singer, Stephanie Otobo, that she lied against him.

Recall that Ms Otobo in 2017 had accused the Edo-born preacher of impregnating and abandoning her.

However, DAILY POST reported that Stephanie on Saturday pleaded for forgiveness, disclosing she was paid heavily by some politicians to tarnish the image of the pastor.

I said it last year that why didn't Stephanie Otobo make such allegations against the real soldiers of Christ like daddy Adeboye, Bishop Oyedepo, Apostle Wole Oladiyun, Pastor Tunde Bakare, Prophet Abiara, etc Why the apostle?
The apostle also took the matter to court, but the funny thing is this.
The matter came up for hearing last week at the magistrate court, but neither the apostle nor his lawyer showed up to buttress their case against Otobo.
Otobo told the court that all the images of some privates of the apostle that she has, the courshould do a forensic check to show that they actually had things to do.

The next thing we heard is that Otobo on Saturday went to the same church to confess and apologized that she was sent by some pastors and top politicians.

I pray that she should be bold enough to name these people that sponsored her, cos this is a very grievous allegations that she's made.

One would wonder that despite so many churches, this country has refused to progress. We kicked GEJ out that Nigeria was going down, now the country has even gone down more after GEJ in terms of economic performance.

The bible says its only righteousness that exalts a nation. How many righteous people do we have in this country?
From politicians to pastors, to yahoo boys etc, this country is turning into something else.

May God save Nigeria and blind followers.
Those that blindly follow politicians are the same with those that blindly follow men of God.

In conclusion, i'll ask again

Are Nigerian Pastors setting bad precedence for Christians?

You can provide your own answer(s)
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Setting Bad Precedence For Christians? Non Tithe Related by hopefulLandlord: 9:23am On Jan 29, 2018
Interesting
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Setting Bad Precedence For Christians? Non Tithe Related by Nobody: 10:40am On Jan 29, 2018
Reserved, will comment after work - cheesy
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Setting Bad Precedence For Christians? Non Tithe Related by petra1(m): 11:20am On Jan 29, 2018
There will always be scandals against ministers. Many are false accusations . If any ministers commit offense we have laws to prosecute them period . Any media scandal that lack judicial evidence is just a false accusation period .

John 7:12
12 There was a lot of grumbling about him (Jesus) among the crowds. Some argued, “He’s a good man,” but others said, “He’s nothing but a fraud who deceives the people.”
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Setting Bad Precedence For Christians? Non Tithe Related by davodyguy: 11:39am On Jan 29, 2018
petra1:

There will always be scandals against ministers. Many are false accusations . If any ministers commit offense we have laws to prosecute them period . Any media scandal that lack judicial evidence is just a false accusation period .

12 There was a lot of grumbling about him (Jesus) among the crowds. Some argued, “He’s a good man,” but others said, “He’s nothing but a fraud who deceives the people.”

Like Pastor anita vs Pastor Chris? Wife said husband is having affairs with other women is also false?

Na wa oo
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Setting Bad Precedence For Christians? Non Tithe Related by petra1(m): 12:10pm On Jan 29, 2018
Yes it’s also false .
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Setting Bad Precedence For Christians? Non Tithe Related by paxonel(m): 1:21pm On Jan 29, 2018
All these things are happening to them because they are collecting tithe, how can you say tithe is not related? grin
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Setting Bad Precedence For Christians? Non Tithe Related by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jan 29, 2018
davodyguy:
[img][/img]This Thread has nothing to do with tithes and offerings, but rather on the behaviours of our Pastors and their moral standards as followers of Christ.

Seun, Mynd44 Mukina2 can do Justice to this thread

As posited in the prelude, this thread has nothing to do with offerings and tithe but on the kind of morals and examples these pastors are setting for church members.

I would try not to be judgmental, but would say this 'many of them may not make it if Christ should return today.

To the blind followers, I'm not an atheist or deist. I've been a member of
CCC, CAC, Methodist Church, Anglican, RCCG and Cherubim in the last 30 years and was and still s |Sunday School teacher. I have seen a lot and in the position to talk.

Many Nigerians see some men of God as infallible, hence choose to 'worship' them. They celebrate them so much that think they can never be wrong, forgetting that what sustain a man is Spirit, body and soul. That body is the one that comits sin, fornicate and have sex. It is that body that you use in eating rice and excreting same.

Are Men of God truly infallible? The answer is No.
Abraham needed to be reminded by God to walk perfectly before him Genesis 17:1
Noah was never a spirit, even though he was the father of the second earth after Adam Genesis 19:33
Gehazi's the 'son' of the prophet, but was greedy 2 Kings 5:15-27
David a man after Gods heart fell 2 Samuel 11
What about the wise King Solomon 1 Kings 11:4
Many more examples abound.
These men fell in the days when there was no technology or many people around that could have tempted them.

Now we Facebook, Nollywood actress, Badoo, Twoo etc and immorality has taken over. How do you expect men not to fall?

Let's chronicle the Nigeria Pastors and how they are bad examples to followers

1. The leader of the Christian Praying Assembly, Reverend Emeka Ezeugo King
This was a man that his church members worshiped. They saw him as god, but he committed atrocities that has put him behind bars. In fact, he has been sentenced to death by hanging, just that Governor Ambode doesn't have his time now.

What example/precedence has he laid for christians? Would Jesus have burnt anyone for fornication? No. Jesus actually forgave someone and told her to sin no more. This is a clear case of doing what Jesus didnt command him to do.
Why should Christians attend his church?

2. Pastor Oyakhilome
Here is another good example of doing what Jesus wouldn't have done.
How can he teach his members Family Love or teach them about divorce? What good morals can we learn from this as Christians?
Yet members see them as god and infallible.

3. Glamour pastor, Reverend Chris Okotie
His case, married many times and divorced many times.
As a christian, assume i'm having issues with my wife, how can I go to him as a counselor on marriage? Yet Daddy Adeboye remained married to one. Bishop Oyedepo Remained married to one. Apostle Wole Oladiyun, remained married to one. At a point, Emeka ike alleged he was sleeping with his wife.
As Christians, what good example can you draw from this?

4. Pastor Fatoyinbo of COZA and Ese

We all remember couple of years ago, when Ese came out and spoke about the affairs he had with the Pastor. His congregation stood by him and at the end the case died down, with no evidence that Ese lied against him. Till date, he hasn't cleared his name. But one thing he didn't do was to take Ese to court and sue for character defamation. The matter just died like that.
When this man preach on the pulpit, what Goes through his mind when he advises people not to fornicate or commit adultery?
[img]https://1.bp..com/-mVTkDDtTzEw/WK_TC6D40jI/AAAAAAAC5Wk/qdj0TxUtPX8Lado3LEBhIh7UI2qiCCCcwCLcB/s1600/compressed-xq6t.png[/img]

5. Porthacourt Pastor VS Kemi Olunloyo.

Blogger Kemi made some serious allegations against the man of God, but what did the man of God do?
The man of God decided to close his eyes to his own biblical teachings, where Jesus prayed for his enemies, where Jesus said if you're slapped on one cheek, turn the other, forgetting also the Lord's prayer that taught about forgiveness. He sent Kemi to prison. I wonder how such pastor would stand on the pulpit and teach about forgiveness. I definitely would not take such serious.
Few days after Blogger Kemi Olunloyo's release, she was the one that begged for forgiveness and 'repented.
It is well

6. Apostle VS Otobo

I said it last year that why didn't Stephanie Otobo make such allegations against the real soldiers of Christ like daddy Adeboye, Bishop Oyedepo, Apostle Wole Oladiyun, Pastor Tunde Bakare, Prophet Abiara, etc Why the apostle?
The apostle also took the matter to court, but the funny thing is this.
The matter came up for hearing last week at the magistrate court, but neither the apostle nor his lawyer showed up to buttress their case against Otobo.
Otobo told the court that all the images of some privates of the apostle that she has, the courshould do a forensic check to show that they actually had things to do.

The next thing we heard is that Otobo on Saturday went to the same church to confess and apologized that she was sent by some pastors and top politicians.

I pray that she should be bold enough to name these people that sponsored her, cos this is a very grievous allegations that she's made.

One would wonder that despite so many churches, this country has refused to progress. We kicked GEJ out that Nigeria was going down, now the country has even gone down more after GEJ in terms of economic performance.

The bible says its only righteousness that exalts a nation. How many righteous people do we have in this country?
From politicians to pastors, to yahoo boys etc, this country is turning into something else.

May God save Nigeria and blind followers.
Those that blindly follow politicians are the same with those that blindly follow men of God.

In conclusion, i'll ask again

Are Nigerian Pastors setting bad precedence for Christians?

You can provide your own answer(s)
The answer is simple. They are human being and are bound to make mistake. The other pastors you mentioned had their share in one scandal or the other and doesn't make real prophets. David was after God's own heart yet he committed worst crime that you ever imagine. God's integrity is what counts and no man. Man may see from the outside but God sees from the inside. That is why he rejected those men from Jesse and crown David as King. Nobody is perfect including the above names you mentioned from the scriptures. Yes we must attain perfection but it is not by our strength. By strength shall no man prevail
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Setting Bad Precedence For Christians? Non Tithe Related by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jan 29, 2018
petra1:

God bless you bro
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Setting Bad Precedence For Christians? Non Tithe Related by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jan 29, 2018
petra1:

The LAW in Nigeria does not work as we all know, it is usually subverted, undermined and abused such that it is very difficult to bring those in power, those who have plenty money and with connections to proper Justice.
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Setting Bad Precedence For Christians? Non Tithe Related by davodyguy: 8:03pm On Jan 30, 2018
petra1:
Yes it’s also false .

Have you seen the new video released by Otobo? Please see it.

I know there's more to this Suleiman vs Otobo saga
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Setting Bad Precedence For Christians? Non Tithe Related by petra1(m): 8:05pm On Jan 30, 2018
davodyguy:

Have you seen the new video released by Otobo? Please see it.

I know there's more to this Suleiman vs Otobo saga

Yes I saw it . It’s a set up against apostle Sule from the beginning kindly read my thread

https://www.nairaland.com/4318951/stephanie-otobo-apostle-suleiman-reminds
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Setting Bad Precedence For Christians? Non Tithe Related by petra1(m): 5:21am On Jan 31, 2018
STRPHANIE DISCRREDITS SAHARA REPORTERS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnbUuOBf6uE

(1) (Reply)

Atheist Leader Steve Tillman Becomes A Born Again Christian .. Again! / What Is Wrong With This Picture? / Mike Bamiloye Now A Grandfather As Son Welcomes Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.