Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,044 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Big Martial Eagle Killed At Ogbomosho, Oyo State (Photos) - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Big Martial Eagle Killed At Ogbomosho, Oyo State (Photos) (57166 Views)

Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) / Dolphin Killed At Atican Beach, Lekki, Lagos (Photos) / A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Big Martial Eagle Killed At Ogbomosho, Oyo State (Photos) by austin2all: 10:02am On Jan 29, 2018
hungerbad

2 Likes

Re: Big Martial Eagle Killed At Ogbomosho, Oyo State (Photos) by jerryunit48: 10:03am On Jan 29, 2018
Vulture
Re: Big Martial Eagle Killed At Ogbomosho, Oyo State (Photos) by Follygunners: 10:03am On Jan 29, 2018
XXLDICK:
I can't see the head, but the large wings shows it's an eagle.

Looks like a stork to me
Re: Big Martial Eagle Killed At Ogbomosho, Oyo State (Photos) by kay29000(m): 10:05am On Jan 29, 2018
Amakavula:
a vulture or a Condor ( I highly favour this because of our proximity to south America ) possibly made the Atlantic crossing only to fall to primitives here in Nigeria. It can't be a bald eagles since they aren't native to the Southern hemisphere ( including huge swap of Africa )

Hmm! How come you know so much about birds?
Re: Big Martial Eagle Killed At Ogbomosho, Oyo State (Photos) by JuanDeDios: 10:06am On Jan 29, 2018
XXLDICK:
Yeah. Looks like a juvenile eagle.
Re: Big Martial Eagle Killed At Ogbomosho, Oyo State (Photos) by ositadima1(m): 10:06am On Jan 29, 2018
Brooke60:
That is somebody's grandma o

Your soul is mine.
Re: Big Martial Eagle Killed At Ogbomosho, Oyo State (Photos) by Follygunners: 10:06am On Jan 29, 2018
OMG! Ignorance everywhere in 9ja. Why kill instead of capture? This would have prolly made encyclopedia or the likes. I tire sef.. undecided
Re: Big Martial Eagle Killed At Ogbomosho, Oyo State (Photos) by adisabarber(m): 10:06am On Jan 29, 2018
Probably an innocent endangered eagle

2 Likes

Re: Big Martial Eagle Killed At Ogbomosho, Oyo State (Photos) by Nobody: 10:06am On Jan 29, 2018
spartan50:
What's the name of the bird?
It's either a vulture (East Africa) or a condour ( I highly favour the later due to our proximity to south America ) It most likely made the Atlantic crossing out of error a d lands into the hands of primitives here in Nigeria. saw someone suggest a bald eagle, hardly. As bald eagles aren't native to the Southern hemisphere

2 Likes

Re: Big Martial Eagle Killed At Ogbomosho, Oyo State (Photos) by Flexherbal(m): 10:08am On Jan 29, 2018
This should have been kept in the zoo!

1 Like

Re: Big Martial Eagle Killed At Ogbomosho, Oyo State (Photos) by gmaribel(m): 10:09am On Jan 29, 2018
Its a Marabou

The African Stork.....its larger than an eagle

5 Likes

Re: Big Martial Eagle Killed At Ogbomosho, Oyo State (Photos) by SoulB6: 10:09am On Jan 29, 2018
This only happen in Africa, they kill any thing killable, that's why they can never discover anything new, may be this is the only remaining specie

2 Likes

Re: Big Martial Eagle Killed At Ogbomosho, Oyo State (Photos) by yemimylover(m): 10:09am On Jan 29, 2018
Brooke60:
That is somebody's grandma o
sumbody ancestor

2 Likes

Re: Big Martial Eagle Killed At Ogbomosho, Oyo State (Photos) by Barywhyte(m): 10:11am On Jan 29, 2018
Nltaliban:
Big brother naija is here again.
Nigerians won't give room for critical thinking anymore.
Instead of us to face and tackle the present challenges facing our country we'll start voting for people who will just use and dump us. Now y'all have given the government 3 months break they didn't ask for, who will question them for the wrong steps they take during that period?

Una wey vote for Efe last year, Wetin he give Una?, no be unfollow he unfollow Una?

Let's start thinking abeg, bbnaija is a total waste of money, the money channeled into this nonsense if injected into the economy or educational sector will make a difference.

Let's put on our thinking cap please.
Nltaliban

I hate that program with every fiber of my life. And these are youths clamoring to take over the government. A total waste of every resources devoted to it. A Satanic workshop for the already captured and endangered youths
Re: Big Martial Eagle Killed At Ogbomosho, Oyo State (Photos) by gulfer: 10:12am On Jan 29, 2018
@Lalasticalala, OAMJ and Mynd44, my post was at 8.21am; https://www.nairaland.com/4317157/mysterious-huge-bird-killed-ogbomoso , but you are now giving benefit of FP to some blogger that probably copiedXied the pictures from me embarassed embarassed embarassed and who also posted his at 0932am lipsrsealedlipsrsealed lipsrsealed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Big Martial Eagle Killed At Ogbomosho, Oyo State (Photos) by wolebest: 10:12am On Jan 29, 2018
We are very primitive and devoid of knowledge about the animal kingdom.
Re: Big Martial Eagle Killed At Ogbomosho, Oyo State (Photos) by Suko110(m): 10:13am On Jan 29, 2018
grin
SalamRushdie:
In other climes the headline would have been " Large Endangered Bird Rescued" but since it Nigeria it just had to be " Large bird killed " and hours later another headline say " Large Bird Peppersoup Tinz" will pop up ..SMH
our primitive and superstitious mentality cant be helped. #NahPersonGrandmother# grin
SalamRushdie:
In other climes the headline would have been " Large Endangered Bird Rescued" but since it Nigeria it just had to be " Large bird killed " and hours later another headline say " Large Bird Peppersoup Tinz" will pop up ..SMH
our primitive and superstitious mentality cant be helped. #NahPersonGrandmother#

2 Likes

Re: Big Martial Eagle Killed At Ogbomosho, Oyo State (Photos) by Adefemiaderoju1: 10:13am On Jan 29, 2018
Beremx:
are they planning to eat it? Cos i know these type of people can eat anything flying in the air, under water and on land.

What you mean by this type of people?
Re: Big Martial Eagle Killed At Ogbomosho, Oyo State (Photos) by JuanDeDios: 10:14am On Jan 29, 2018
Amakavula:
a vulture or a Condor ( I highly favour this because of our proximity to south America ) possibly made the Atlantic crossing only to fall to primitives here in Nigeria. It can't be a bald eagles since they aren't native to the Southern hemisphere ( including huge swap of Africa )
I doubt a vulture can be this big. A condor, perhaps. But an eagle could have flown from up north?

1 Like

Re: Big Martial Eagle Killed At Ogbomosho, Oyo State (Photos) by Nltaliban(m): 10:14am On Jan 29, 2018
Barywhyte:

I hate that program with every fiber of my life. And these are youths clamoring to take over the government. A total waste of every resources devoted to it. A Satanic workshop for the already captured and endangered youths

i swear, you no fit hate am reach me..
Re: Big Martial Eagle Killed At Ogbomosho, Oyo State (Photos) by CloudResident(m): 10:15am On Jan 29, 2018
But as the bird big reach, e be like say e no come get weight. As I see wey them carry am so grin
Re: Big Martial Eagle Killed At Ogbomosho, Oyo State (Photos) by ositadima1(m): 10:17am On Jan 29, 2018
Amakavula:
It's either a vulture (East Africa) or a condour ( I highly favour the later due to our proximity to south America ) It most likely made the Atlantic crossing out of error a d lands into the hands of primitives here in Nigeria. saw someone suggest a bald eagle, hardly. As bald eagles aren't native to the Southern hemisphere

Lammergeier is one of the oldest vultures in the world. They also called as bearded vultures. This massive species of vulture weigh up to 7 kg and has a wingspan between 2.3 to 2.8 m. They inhabit in the high mountainous regions of Southern Europe, Southern Africa and Asia.

1 Like

Re: Big Martial Eagle Killed At Ogbomosho, Oyo State (Photos) by Femipapi: 10:18am On Jan 29, 2018
AnonymousIP:
@VIVIANGIST

Confusion in Ogbomosho, Oyo State, after a large bird was shot dead by some youths on Friday

BY VIVIAN GIST : http://www.viviangist.ng/pictures-of-a-large-bird-killed-at-ogbomosho-oyo-state/

cc; lalasticlala

Eiye ju eiye lo
Re: Big Martial Eagle Killed At Ogbomosho, Oyo State (Photos) by whistleblower5m(f): 10:25am On Jan 29, 2018
Everybody knows that this is just a Vulture.
Why now saying - large bird? smwtcheee[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Big Martial Eagle Killed At Ogbomosho, Oyo State (Photos) by sameni123(m): 10:26am On Jan 29, 2018
Can barely recognize the bird from the picture but that can't be a vulture cos no sain Yoruba man would parade a dead vulture on the Str he knows the repercussions

2 Likes

Re: Big Martial Eagle Killed At Ogbomosho, Oyo State (Photos) by oloriadejoke(f): 10:27am On Jan 29, 2018
eye a won hmmmm....abeg I no mention name ooo
Re: Big Martial Eagle Killed At Ogbomosho, Oyo State (Photos) by asha80(m): 10:28am On Jan 29, 2018
XXLDICK:
looks more like a stork
Re: Big Martial Eagle Killed At Ogbomosho, Oyo State (Photos) by Beremx(f): 10:29am On Jan 29, 2018
Adefemiaderoju1:

What you mean by this type of people?
i knew this kind of question would be asked. Don't worry, i am not referring to Yoruba people so gbo?
Re: Big Martial Eagle Killed At Ogbomosho, Oyo State (Photos) by MaziEDOZIE(m): 10:31am On Jan 29, 2018
Afonja land and mysterious things be like 5 N 6

1 Like

Re: Big Martial Eagle Killed At Ogbomosho, Oyo State (Photos) by asha80(m): 10:31am On Jan 29, 2018
Amakavula:
it is a marabou stork

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Helicopter / Emaciated Lions At Breeding Farm Eat Each Other In South Africa(Pics) / California: Hero Mom Punches, Fights Off Mountain Lion After It Attacked Her Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.