Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,872 members, 7,810,323 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:02 AM

"All Nigerian Women Are Gold Diggers" - Lady Explains Why - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "All Nigerian Women Are Gold Diggers" - Lady Explains Why (1955 Views)

See Gallery Of Nigeria 1st Class And 2nd Class Gold Diggers .see Pictures / Male Gold Diggers Speaks Good English, Ladies Beware - Moesha Boduong Says / '90% Of Lagosians Are Gold Diggers' - Mr 2kay Declares (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"All Nigerian Women Are Gold Diggers" - Lady Explains Why by slimjaney: 2:49pm On Jan 29, 2018
@Kingsleyiwu.com.ng

KINGSLEY IWU secured an article which might look controversial, but explainable.

The article is written by a Kenyan lady who generally agrees that all women are 'gold diggers'.

Read, share and comment below;

Someone once said that all women are gold diggers. It doesn’t matter our social status or line of work. We are all gold diggers. I was thinking about it and realised it is kind of true.

The independent woman is a myth. Here is why: even the high-rolling career women are looking for rich men to marry. Take me for instance. I think I am doing pretty well for myself financially.

I am not exactly rolling in dough, but I get by fine on my own. However, I am still hoping that a stinking rich man who will fly me off to exotic locations and ply me with champagne will sweep me off my feet. I know for a fact that even if I was living in the lap of luxury, I would still want to marry a rich man.

Rapper Lil Kim said it best: “Why spend mine when I can spend yours?” There are so many women out there trying to pass themselves off as independent women who don’t want or need the financial support of a man, but they will never look twice at a struggling up-and-coming bloke or an unemployed one.

They know very well that they are all hell-bent on snagging a rich man but they will never admit that they are gold diggers. When you think of a gold digger, you think of uneducated and unemployed young women or struggling college girls.

You don’t think of the corporate women earning a decent living.

Every woman, no matter how much money she makes, subconsciously sizes up a man by his net worth. A long time ago, it was only the women who couldn’t earn the money that aimed to marry into money.

Nowadays, it doesn’t matter whether you are earning the money; you still have to marry into money. Sure, women today are working harder than any other generation and are reaping big from their efforts.

Still, they don’t want to be financially independent. Even the most enlightened and opulent women still view marriage as an alternative or supplement to the wealth they have already amassed. The so-called independent women will never pay for dates and still expect to be spoilt with expensive gifts by the men they date.

Sure, there are a few women out there who occasional blow out big money on expensive gifts for their significant others. But those cases are few and far in between. To be honest, being independent is overrated.

Deep down, we all want a man who can take care of us. Doing it yourself gets old after a while. First of all, you can’t take a break because you have a lifestyle to maintain.

With a rich man by your side, you can kick back and relax without worrying about how your bills are going to get paid. Don’t be cheated, the lazy, unemployed woman and the well-to-do career woman are both hunting for rich men.

@roxannekenya

Source: http://www.kingsleyiwu.com.ng/2018/01/all-nigerian-women-are-gold-diggers.html

Re: "All Nigerian Women Are Gold Diggers" - Lady Explains Why by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jan 29, 2018
NONAMEMENTIONED

I know they will never like this truth
Re: "All Nigerian Women Are Gold Diggers" - Lady Explains Why by Garshyzee(m): 2:55pm On Jan 29, 2018
No answer to this.... For now
Re: "All Nigerian Women Are Gold Diggers" - Lady Explains Why by Uyiii: 2:56pm On Jan 29, 2018
Couldn't agree more, so on point cool

to my fellow paddies dem, make una still pity gold diggers small naa;

Re: "All Nigerian Women Are Gold Diggers" - Lady Explains Why by cruzita(f): 3:52pm On Jan 29, 2018
MADAM SPEAK FOR URSELF,DON'T GENERALIZE
Re: "All Nigerian Women Are Gold Diggers" - Lady Explains Why by Blackhawk01: 4:01pm On Jan 29, 2018
Naso! grin cheesy grin

Re: "All Nigerian Women Are Gold Diggers" - Lady Explains Why by Jackson042: 5:12pm On Jan 29, 2018
Although I agree with the lady when she said
The independent woman is a myth,
I don't seem to agree with her calling all women a "gold digger".

For me, a gold digger is... a woman who forms relationships with men purely to obtain money or gifts from them.

Now, a woman might be financially stable, but still wants to marry a rich man... that does not mean she's a gold digger... It only means she's not independent.

There's a saying that goes...
Who no like better thing?

No girl here will tell me that she doesn't like her man spoiling her with gifts or that she can comfortably marry a broke man... Some of them even use it to keep score...

Even if the man is not all that financially stable, they will still depend on him for some other minor things. Example; money to fix her hair/nail, money to subscribe for internet data... amoungs other things. If you're an independent woman as you claim, why not use your money to fix your own hair? Is your man wearing the hair with you?

Okay, let's use the iPhone X as a case study. Most ladies want the phone badly & even if they have the money to buy the phone in their bank accounts, they'd rather wait for a guy/boyfriend/husband to get it for them or they'll collect the money equivalent from the man.

If she was really independent, she would have either used her own money to buy the phone or ignore the phone & go for a cheaper phone that's within her budget.

Another Valentine's Day is coming... How many of you girls can do the spending that day? I don't mean getting some random gift for your man... I mean footing the bill for everything you guys will do that day? From the transportation to the movies & down to the dinner... how many of you?

That's why I choose to say, in every 100 girls, there MIGHT be only 1 independent lady.

(1) (Reply)

Linda Ikeji Orders An Over 100 Million Naira Bentley For Her Unborn Child / Actress Bidemi Kosoko Reveals Her Favorite ' Bed Position' / See Cristiano Ronaldo Sex Scandal Video - They Were Together In Las Vegas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.