Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,041 members, 7,814,556 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

Igbo Presidency: We Prefer Good Governance - Igbo Youths - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Presidency: We Prefer Good Governance - Igbo Youths (12186 Views)

2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC / 2019 Presidency: We Won’t Wait For You –youths Tell Buhari / Igbo Youths Launch Anti-biafra Movement, Slam Nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Presidency: We Prefer Good Governance - Igbo Youths by NothingDoMe: 6:59pm On Jan 29, 2018
igbodefender:
2023 is the year of Igbo Presidency.
You have been compromised

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency: We Prefer Good Governance - Igbo Youths by iamloski(m): 6:59pm On Jan 29, 2018
ify20018:
to make money call or whatsapp the number below
if you are really making money from this as you claim, you wouldn't share this with others, long story short, this is kinda a scam

7 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency: We Prefer Good Governance - Igbo Youths by Eluwilussit(m): 7:00pm On Jan 29, 2018
Ezeobi said it as it is. Buhari hates igbos and they hate him too. The igbos care less when it comes to the tribe of the president. All they want is good governance, equity, justice, equality, peace, infrastructure, etc, etc.

8 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency: We Prefer Good Governance - Igbo Youths by Igbodicool(m): 7:01pm On Jan 29, 2018
Igbo Presidency my foot.
Who really care about it?
I will be among those who will vote against an Igbo president. Let our so called Igbo leaders do the needful; we need something more than Igbo Presidency.
We are republican!
We are egalitarians!
We are Igbo!

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency: We Prefer Good Governance - Igbo Youths by Amarabae(f): 7:02pm On Jan 29, 2018
iamloski:
Eranko
Eziohia
Re: Igbo Presidency: We Prefer Good Governance - Igbo Youths by Nonaira1: 7:05pm On Jan 29, 2018
Kingwizzy16:
My people we don't know what we want smh

Igbo have said what we want and we have said it LOUD as it can get. Who's fault is it that you people keep lying to yourself and playing ostrich? You are the ones busy listening to those greedy "igbo leaders" rather than paying clear attention to what igbos have screamed LOUDLY that we want. We don't want your presidency, we want our of your shithole to create a nation that present good governance, not all this childish backwardness that Nigeria practice and call government.

How much clearer do we have to get?

7 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency: We Prefer Good Governance - Igbo Youths by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jan 29, 2018
ShootToKill:
Some tombo drinkers go just siddon under palm tree dey claim different associations like 'Igbo youths Umbrella', 'Igbo youth Initiative', 'Eastern youth league', South-east youth league forum, etc.

I mean any drunk buffoon fit claim anything for the zoological shithole but issorite..

cheesy grin

Yoruba can have several cultural organizations each with differing influence and reach; however, Igbos are not allowed to have any. Interesting.

Your thinking is quite 'sophisticated' I guess.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency: We Prefer Good Governance - Igbo Youths by booblacain(m): 7:07pm On Jan 29, 2018
Spoken with true sense of patriotism.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency: We Prefer Good Governance - Igbo Youths by surgical: 7:14pm On Jan 29, 2018
arherfish:
The message is clear. Come to think about it, an igbo president or good governance. APC trying to score cheap here.
They must think the people are stupid, has buhari fufiled any promise before, they should ask the Yoruba, they had obassnjo, they had shonekan ,they had osinbajo, what do they have to show for it,except to increase the personal fortune of those individuals and their families. kudos to that sensible Igbo youth leader, he is worthy of his position.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Presidency: We Prefer Good Governance - Igbo Youths by ShootToKill: 7:14pm On Jan 29, 2018
Raiyell:

Yoruba can have several cultural organizations each with differing influence and reach; however, Igbos are not allowed to have any. Interesting.

Your thinking is quite 'sophisticated' I guess.

If you like have 1 billion associations, many of them are sponsored by the enemies of the Igbo nation to polarize us Igboland. They do not represent my aspirations as an Igbo man.
Re: Igbo Presidency: We Prefer Good Governance - Igbo Youths by demoBaba: 7:21pm On Jan 29, 2018
smatt1711:
Buhari think say we no get sense .......

Pleas guys am looking for accommodation in Onitsha , a decent one bedroom self-contained or 2 rooms with each room having a separate toilet and bathroom .(must have water) phone me zero eight zero, eight seven five four three eight five three

Reward is 10000(10k)

You're not ready
Re: Igbo Presidency: We Prefer Good Governance - Igbo Youths by Franking: 7:25pm On Jan 29, 2018
As an Igbo, I prefer good governance by anyone than Igbo presidency.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency: We Prefer Good Governance - Igbo Youths by sapientia(m): 7:27pm On Jan 29, 2018
I need to join and support this wonderful group. I agree to the one of governance.

Let him stick to why we launched #Back2Daura 2019.. Its not Buhari's hatred for the Igbo (which is a fact) but his gross mismanagment of "PROJECT NIGERIA".. worst manager so far.. he can only be compared with his tenure as head of state.. same sufferings for the already poor masses and massive corruption inside his government.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency: We Prefer Good Governance - Igbo Youths by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jan 29, 2018
igbodefender:
2023 is the year of Igbo Presidency.

Na Yoruba presidency or south south presidency. your 2019 presidency you have sold it to the Hausa's/Fulani ur masters.
Re: Igbo Presidency: We Prefer Good Governance - Igbo Youths by maclatunji: 7:33pm On Jan 29, 2018
It is a lie. You don't like good governance, were you not the guys that supported GEJ to the point of odioum?
Re: Igbo Presidency: We Prefer Good Governance - Igbo Youths by Biafra11(m): 7:37pm On Jan 29, 2018
We Igbos Have No Future In This Country Called Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency: We Prefer Good Governance - Igbo Youths by Nonaira1: 7:40pm On Jan 29, 2018
Biafra11:
We Igbos Have No Future In This Country Called Nigeria

100% accurate.

Does the shithole calling itself Nigeria even have a future?

There past sef is better than their present yet they delude themselves they are "Giant of Africa".

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency: We Prefer Good Governance - Igbo Youths by sambos994(m): 7:53pm On Jan 29, 2018
DukeNija:

That’s because they don’t care about politics.

Simple as that

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency: We Prefer Good Governance - Igbo Youths by ozimec(m): 7:54pm On Jan 29, 2018
Irukkanews:
Against the backdrop of the claim by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Mustafa Boss that President Muhammadu Buhari's re-election is the shortest cut to a Nigerian president of Igbo extraction in 2023, Igbo youths have said that they prefer good governance to a president from their extraction.

Speaking in a telephone interview with irukkanews, the President of Igbo Youths Initiative, Prince Alexander Ezeobi said that what most Nigerians want is the person that would improve their living conditions irrespective of where he comes from. According to him, the world has gone beyond the extraction where the president comes from. He said assuming that President Buhari is doing well, Igbo youths would have supported his re-election.

However, he said that those who are saying that Buhari would hand over to an Igbo person if he is re-elected in 2019 is either that they are trying to deceive the Igbo or they don’t know about Buhari`s legendary hatred of the Igbo race. He wondered how a president who did not consider the Igbo fit enough to be appointed among the security chiefs would consider them fit for presidency. According to him, the last thing Buhari would do in life is to hand over to an Igbo person,adding that he cannot even do it at gun point.

He said that using 2023 Igbo presidency as a tool to make Igbos vote for Buhari in 2019 would not work. According to him, Igbos are too wise to be deceived by that. He said that those who want Buhari to stay beyond 2019, upon all the atrocities that his kinsmen, the Fulani herdsmen are committing are the biggest enemies of the country. Ezeobi said that what is currently going in the country today is just a tip of what would happen if President Buhari is re-elected in 2019. He said that all hands must be on deck to stop the armggedon that would befall ,should Buhari win second term.

"The APC has started again with their lies. They now want to use 2023 presidency to deceive Igbos into voting for Buhari. This is a party that has become notorious for breaking campaign promises. Whoever wants Buhari to continue in power beyond 2019 upon what is going on in the country now is an enemy.

Left to us, he should resign now and go home, But we know that he would not, so we are waiting for 2019 to send him packing. What the Igbo youths want is a president who would see the whole country as his constituency. A president who would give all the components parts of the country sense of belonging. A president that would provide jobs and security for the youths and other Nigerians and not one whose people would be using Nigeria as a killing field. Buhari must go and leave us alone .He has done enough harm to our people.

http://irukkanews.com/igbo-presidency-we-prefer-good-governance-igbo-youths-p4001-95.htm

Lalasticlala

I free with the youth.
Re: Igbo Presidency: We Prefer Good Governance - Igbo Youths by Valwarren: 7:57pm On Jan 29, 2018
Well said!!!

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency: We Prefer Good Governance - Igbo Youths by CecyAdrian(f): 8:21pm On Jan 29, 2018
maclatunji:
It is a lie. You don't like good governance, were you not the guys that supported GEJ to the point of odioum?

Abi na cheesy cheesy
Re: Igbo Presidency: We Prefer Good Governance - Igbo Youths by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jan 29, 2018
ShootToKill:

If you like have 1 billion associations, many of them are sponsored by the enemies of the Igbo nation to polarize us Igboland. They do not represent my aspirations as an Igbo man.

Are you the only Igboman?

If they don't represent your aspirations does it mean there are no individuals whom they speak for?
Re: Igbo Presidency: We Prefer Good Governance - Igbo Youths by chibuikenicole: 8:38pm On Jan 29, 2018
Y on earth shud we be tinking abt presidency? hw can it benefit a low class igbo nan...All we need is good governance no matter which tribe...presidency my foot

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency: We Prefer Good Governance - Igbo Youths by zuto4u(m): 8:48pm On Jan 29, 2018
Chukwu gozie gi nwannem nwanyi
Amarabae:
Nice one.
So proud of this group.
Let those ndi iberibe keep shouting Igbo presidency up and down.
The hatred is still around.
The core north can't vote for an Igbo president.
These so called Igbo leaders should accept the good news of Kanu and join hands for us to leave this forced union.
Not because of presidency, but because we want to be on our own.
Simple.
Re: Igbo Presidency: We Prefer Good Governance - Igbo Youths by zuto4u(m): 8:53pm On Jan 29, 2018
OP u are very much on point. We are not as gullible as they think. We are too wise to be deceived by those learners. To me, I would prefer restructuring of the country or referendum.
Re: Igbo Presidency: We Prefer Good Governance - Igbo Youths by GavelSlam: 9:03pm On Jan 29, 2018
In 2023, whatever forum exists then, many would start saying it is Igbos turn but we know reference would be made to this statement that blessed day.
Re: Igbo Presidency: We Prefer Good Governance - Igbo Youths by AnanseK(m): 9:06pm On Jan 29, 2018
Nonaira1:

Igbo have said what we want and we have said it LOUD as it can get. Who's fault is it that you people keep lying to yourself and playing ostrich? You are the ones busy listening to those greedy "igbo leaders" rather than paying clear attention to what igbos have screamed LOUDLY that we want. We don't want your presidency, we want our of your shithole to create a nation that present good governance, not all this childish backwardness that Nigeria practice and call government.
How much clearer do we have to get?

Noise makers with no shame and no guts. You want to create a nation but when the Arewa youths requested you to leave before October 1st , you swallowed that false pride and came begging. Who is stopping you from building your nation. All you need if for your ministers, legislators , security personnel , students and traders to move back to your tiny enclave. But you will never do that , you would rather sit tight spilling arrogance and insults and pretending that you want Biafra.
Re: Igbo Presidency: We Prefer Good Governance - Igbo Youths by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jan 29, 2018
So even pigs get mouth to talk for this country sef?
Re: Igbo Presidency: We Prefer Good Governance - Igbo Youths by AnanseK(m): 9:35pm On Jan 29, 2018
��Sometimes, we don’t need to argue, we can just let the FACTS and FIGURES do the talking.

��Compare PMB’s starts with GEJ, etc��

Kindly read this analysis below

Nigeria real net oil export revenue: 2010-2015 (under President Jonathan)

Oil price $110 per barrel average
Stable oil production at 2.4 million barrels per day:
2010-$70 billion
2011-$99 billion
2012-$94 billion
2013-$84 billion
2014-$77 billion
2015-$21 billion (January-May)
*Total-$445 billion*

*Source:*
OPEC Revenue Fact Sheet and Energy Information Administration (EIA), a statistical arm of the US Department of Energy for various years; and my estimates.

*Outcomes in 5 YEARS:*
a) External reserves declined from $47 billion in 2013 to $29 billion in 2015;
b) Savings depleted from $21 billion in 2010 to $2 billion in 2015.
c) Federal Government borrowed $2 billion to pay salaries.
d) 24 States of the federation bankrupt -could not pay salaries of workers, could not repay debts and other contractual obligations.
e) accumulated arrears of workers salaries and pensions, running into billions of Naira.
f) accumulated contractors debt such that all major construction works stopped.
g) NNPC technically bankrupt.
h) Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) at its all time low. Declined to $3.1 billion in 2015 from $8.8 billion in 2011
i) Nigeria's Credit Rating downgraded
j) Massive capital flight: industries relocating to neighbouring West African countries.

*Nigeria real net oil export revenue: 2015-2017 (under PMB)*
Oil price $45 per barrel average
Loss of 1.2 million barrels per day due to disruption by the Niger Delta Avengers

2015-$16 billion (June-December)
2016-$26 billion
2017-$10 billion (January-April)
*Total-$52 billion*

*Outcomes:in 2 YEARS*
a) External reserves boosted to $31.22 billion from $29 billion in 2015;
b) Savings increased to $2.29 billion from $2 billion in 2015.
c) Federal Government stopped borrowing to pay salaries.
d) 24 States of the federation bailed out- to pay salaries of workers, repay debts and other contractual obligations.
e) Settled fully accumulated arrears of workers salaries and pensions, running into billions of Naira.
f) Settled fully accumulated contractors debt such that all major contractors are now back to site.
g) settled fully oil importers claims amounting to $400 million.
h) NNPC restructured and now solvent and liquid.
i) Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) steadily picking up.
j) Agricultural revolution taken off such that we now have small holder farmers millionaires.
k) Looted funds recovered running into trillion Naira mark and ploughed back into the budget.
l) TSA the plugged loopholes of waste and swindle of public funds, now N4 trillion.
---to mention just a few

*Bottom line:*
a) Those looking for a magic wand, here it is. Using $52 billion or 12% in TWO years to achieve what Jonathan could not achieve with $445 billion in FIVE years.

b)Only an incorrigible hater will say that Nigeria is not making progress, with the acute resource constraint and the multiplying challenges facing the country.

c) Rather we should endeavor to pray that our God Almighty does not allow us to see the kind of “stealing that is not corruption” that Nigeria had ever witnessed.
Re: Igbo Presidency: We Prefer Good Governance - Igbo Youths by Nonaira1: 9:42pm On Jan 29, 2018
AnanseK:

Noise makers with no shame and no guts. You want to create a nation but when the Arewa youths requested you to leave before October 1st , you swallowed that false pride and came begging. Who is stopping you from building your nation. All you need if for your ministers, legislators , security personnel , students and traders to move back to your tiny enclave. But you will never do that , you would rather sit tight spilling arrogance and insults and pretending that you want Biafra.

What a slowpoke. I suggest go back and reread both massob, ipob and all other biafran agitation groups comments on the Quit notice. EVERYONE of them supported that quit notice, not ONE...emphasis on NOT ONE disagreed with that quit notice. Even Nnamdi Kanu agreed with you Awera rats on the quit notice, thanked you even for it and demanded that a referendum set forth to stamp it as complete division. Your shithole ignored every comment and thanks from them as usual; rather, you shitholians went about, as usual, deluding yourselves that igbos are begging to be "one Nigerian" with Awera all because the "igbo leaders" played on your stupidity of "one Nigeria" yet again. Infact, on this my ID sef i posted the reactions of igbo during the quit notice, click on my id and you'll see the topic...notice how SMALL attention it got from you niggerians all because it pulls that your head out of the ground and PLASTER highly the opinions of igbo. Heck even the igbo ids on this forum during that time supported the act and not one opposed them. But i bet you, if you go to the topic of "Igbo leaders visiting awera youths" or something stupid like that, you shitholians are filled there deluding yourselves that the act of those greedy "leaders" that igbo have long dismissed is the real opinion of igbo. Similar to this thread...notice how little attention giving to it by you shitholians but i bet you if we go to a thread on any greedy rat pretending to be igbo "leader" endorsing Buhari and screeching about igbo presidency, you shitholians will fill that thread deluding yourselves that's what igbos want. Playing ostrich as usual then wailing to yourselves "igbos don't know what they want", when igbos have made it abduntly clear MULTIPLE TIMES sef wtf we want. If we wanted your shithole presidency, we would have voted for buhari the two times he tried to use igbo vp to scam una like he did you afonja. If we wanted to be part of your shithole, you'll see millions of igbo joining your army to defend that shithole or even fighting to save the retrogressive mess that your shithole has become or even fucking voting sef but alas, most igbos rather stay in their workplace than go out and contribute to your election, talkless being part of anytype of defense of that shithole.

Heck the fact Igbo leaders have to bribe the youths to come to their rallys which is usually about Nigeria while nnamdi kanu, massob and other biafran agitation group do not even give out a penny, talkless refreshment and yet thousands of men, women and children will line the street just to praise them and biafra speaks HIGHLY on what igbos want. But alas you niggerians as usual, play ostrisch by deluding yourselves that they are "poor touts" being "brainwashed". Let's also not forget that igbos rarely close their work of employment to celebrate any national holiday meant for Nigeria. But, when IPOB made a holiday to celebrate the igbos that died for biafra and show support for Biafra, igboland, be it SE or those of us in SS, had a total shutdown. Which again, speaks HIGHLY on what igbos want. But as usual, you niggerians played ostrich by deluding yourselves that Ipob "used threat" to get a complete reception to the sit at home in order to continue deluding yourself that igbos are "pretending to want biafra".

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency: We Prefer Good Governance - Igbo Youths by ItsMeAboki(m): 9:42pm On Jan 29, 2018
Amarabae:
Nice one.
So proud of this group.
Let those ndi iberibe keep shouting Igbo presidency up and down.
The hatred is still around.
The core north can't vote for an Igbo president.
These so called Igbo leaders should accept the good news of Kanu and join hands for us to leave this forced union.
Not because of presidency, but because we want to be on our own.
Simple.

Why not; if they would vote against their own son, Bashir Tofa for a Yoruba man, M.K.Abiola in 1993 why can't they do the same for an Igbo man; it it is a matter of zoning, if all the parties zone the presidency to the SE then they would have no choice than to vote for a candidate from that region.
However, before that can ever happen; Igbos must have to do a lot of work to undo the damage of their numerous insults and lies against other tribes, through unbridled propaganda especially via the social media platforms and Churches - IPOB propaganda is a typical example.
They must also embrace the art of diplomacy and the power of persuasion against their arrogance and forceful ways in the manner which they conduct themselves.
They must in addition also ditch the victim mentality and tribal prism with which they often view issues that affect them pertaining or arising from how they interact with other tribes.
Until they can reach out and join mainstream parties with a national spread (e.g. PDP or APC) in their numbers rather concentrate themselves in regional minority tribal parties such as APGA, they will consistently limit themselves to having only regional influence and well out of reach of the presidency; because no one would give it to them on a platter of gold without any effort just because they are good at wailing and crying marginalisation - its as simple as that.
Re: Igbo Presidency: We Prefer Good Governance - Igbo Youths by Nonaira1: 9:42pm On Jan 29, 2018
AnanseK:

Secondly, your obasanjo president snitched loudly on the act of your niggerian government regarding igbo.

Let me post it for your viewing pleasure

"My friends who are not from the East of Nigeria where Igbos come from often ask me why there is so much anger in the East and among Igbos. Some wonder why, despite the famed Igbo” wealth’ and enterprise all over Nigeria, the people still complain that Nigeria is unfair to them. Some insinuate that the anger comes from the loss of the 2015 election by Jonathan who the Igbos heavily backed.

And why is it that the current generation of Igbos are so angry as to contemplate carrying arms against the country? With lots are following Nnamdi Kanu of IPOB with his secessionist message. Those not following may despise his antics and rhetoric but are sympathetic to his underlying message? And what is that message? That Igbos don’t feel wanted in Nigeria. That decades of official marginalization and discrimination should be stopped or they would be ready to take their chances in a new nation.

First, for those who think this is all about Jonathan and Buhari. It is not. Igbos were disappointed that Jonathan did not win. But those whose candidates lose elections lick their wounds. It is allowed. It happens when your candidate loses election. Why did the Igbos invest so much emotions in Jonathan, a non-Igbo Ijaw? It was more because of the fear of their experience in the past 50 years. Nigeria has placed an embargo on any Igbo man becoming Nigerian president. Jonathan was the next best thing. Other parts of Nigeria have supported their sons to the presidency. Some have bombed Nigeria into submission to get their son to Aso Rock. Igbos have little capacity to blackmail Nigeria to the presidency. They chose Jonathan as their “Igbo” . But that’s not to say that they are angry enough because he lost to contemplate going to war on his behalf. Jonathan was not really the model of a President you would go to war for. And his Ijaw people have accepted his loss. So?

Igbo anger has been building up in Nigeria since I was a kid in the 70s. As kids, we made choices in our school years based on the narrative of the Igbo place in Nigeria. We knew of the glass ceiling against Igbos before we were out of puberty. After the civil war, despite the “No winner, no vanquished” program, Nigeria placed glass ceilings and no-go areas for Igbos. The war reconstruction program was observed more in the breach. There was the “abandoned” property program that was introduced to drive a wedge between components of the former South-East Nigeria. While the country was too embarrassed to put the discrimination program down in an official gazette, it was there for anyone who cared to look. It was evident in the Igbo police officer who stayed in one position while less qualifies juniors progressed to become his bosses. It was evident when no Igbo qualified to become the Inspector General of Police, or leader any division in the armed forces. It was there when ‘ sensitive” or ‘lucrative “ positions were shared in Nigeria and Igbos were conspicuously absent. It was there when Igbos were only fit enough to be made Minister of Information until Obasanjo came to power. And even recently, it was there when Buhari appointed 47 people to man the critical roles in his government and no one from the South east was there. Any time there is a federal appointment in Nigeria, its usually the east that shouts. It was there from Buhari first term to his second term and anyone in-between.

The Igbo elite called it marginalization. Other Nigerians countered by saying no part of Nigeria was getting enough. Marginalization was universal. But they forgot something. The Igbo cry of marginalization was official policy. It was expected. It was programmed. And occasionally, key government officials let it slip that Igbos should not complain. After all, they fought a war with Nigeria. Talk about No Victor, No Vanquished. There was a Victor alright. And they were reminded of that at every turn. Every appointment. Every national project. Nigeria was only pretending. Igbos were licking their wounds and complaining and the rest of Nigeria was too busy to notice.

Go to the South-East today. Since the 70s and the oil boom. Nigeria has invested in commercial industries across the country. None has been sited in the South east. None. Refineries, Steel Plants, Cement Firms. Any Industry. The South East was systematically de-industrialized. Even when it was the best location for any industry, there was always a reason why it should not be sited there. What this means was that any Igbo man that wanted to work in a commercial federal establishment had to leave the east. Add this to the indigenization policy of the early 70s that pushed the Igbos out of private companies. It meant that international companies also avoided expansion into the south east. The Nigerian Breweries, the Dunlop and other such firms sited their plants outside the East and only set up distribution centers to sell in the region. This is one of the main reasons the exodus of Igbos from the zone accelerated after the war and continues to this day despite the hostility they face in certain parts of Nigeria. And why most became traders and commercial business men. Because access to organized work either in the government, government commercial institutions and even commercial institutions were limited.

The only industrial enterprise in the east are built by easterners; Nnewi, Aba, Onitsha. These are Igbo indigenous industrial cities.

This has been the practice since the end of the war.

In addition to this, the Federal Government has systematically made it difficult for Easterners to do commercial business even in the East. The Federal Roads in the East are some of the worst in Nigeria. The Eastern Sea ports have been made ineffective. It was a war to get the Enugu Airport upgraded to an International Airport. The former Finance Minister shed tears on the day the first International Flight landed in Enugu. Yes, Okonjo Iwealla cried! Recently, it was only the South East that was conspicuously missing in the New Railway Plan of the Federal Government. Nigeria has 6 regions. And one was missing in a national railway plan. Incidentally, Igbos who reside here are the most itinerant in the country and would benefit most from a national transport plan. Even our President changed the plan to include his village but a zone of the country was not included.

When you go to the east, despite the lack of federal presence, the presence of police all over the east tells a story. They mount road blocks and make it difficult to have commercial activity. Recently, Customs has joined. And lastly the army. It is an occupied territory. They extort money. They intimate. They recently have started killing.

Nigeria has made the east unlivable. Purposely. Carefully.

I am often in conversations where people accuse the east of being clannish. That while we are welcome in all parts of Nigeria, outsiders cannot come to the East. My question is: why would you come to the east? To do what? There is no business to do in the east. Nigeria has ensured that. Why would someone from the South West of Nigeria go to the East to invest? No one would prevent you. But it hardly makes commercial sense. Nigeria has ensured that. Those from the North are there in droves. Igbos love to celebrate with cows. And the cattlemen go there to sell their cattle. No one molests them. In my village and most villages in the East, they live unmolested. But those are the only people who can find commercial reason to be there!

So those who wonder why Igbos are angry, wonder no more. While most would not dare carry arms against Nigeria, don’t under estimate the level of disconnection and anger especially among the younger generation. Nigeria is made of nations that came together to form a country. No nation will like to be in perpetual servitude. That Nnamdi Kanu’s supporters starred down army tanks with sticks is a sign that the next generation will be ready to fight bare hands if necessary to stop Nigeria treating the Igbo nation as second-class citizens. There will be fiercer and angrier Kanus in our immediate future if Nigeria does not officially stop the “vanquished “program against the Igbos who fought the civil war. You cannot preach unity and indivisibility of the country on TV and all your actions point at discriminating against the components of the country. It is as dangerous as it is foolhardy. Let those who preach unity walk the talk and stop open discrimination of their countrymen. History has shown that you cannot decree peace. You cannot decree unity. You cannot force any group to belong to a country by force, it may work for a time. But never sustainable.

Nigeria has a lot to look forward to as a united country. It also has enough for the regions and nations that make up the country. Our diversity is a blessing. Our failure to reach our potential is caused mostly by the internal contradictions and the inability to build a fair country that can bring out the best out of her component regions. Those who shout most about loving Nigeria today are mostly those its current unfair structure favor. But Nigeria will continue being as strong as its weakest link. And the weak links are all there to see. The East is one of the weakest links. Until it stops being a weak link, Nigeria cannot truly make progress."

A huge perfect example on the hinder of your niggerians on trying to subdue igbo is the SEDC propasal by the SE leaders. Remind us again, wtf happened to it and why your shithole opposed it despire their proposal wouldn't cost any non SE region a dime?

Now I'll say this loudly for you miscreants. The second Nigeria divides and biafra is declared and igbos can control every aspect of her development, you'll see igbos LEAVE IN DROVES!!!!!! Quote me on it anytime, any fucking day. The first biafra is a HUGE HUGE perfect example. Remind us again, who invaded it to drag them back?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senate Tells FG To Declare Known Terrorist Leaders Wanted / I Will Not Run Away If EFCC Invites Me, I Will Honour The Invitation – Wike / Adeleke Berated For Renovating Govt House With ₦‎1 Billion Amid Hardship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.