Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,655 members, 7,816,683 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

#BBNaija2018: Tobi Bakre May Not Be 23 Years Old After All (Photos) - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / #BBNaija2018: Tobi Bakre May Not Be 23 Years Old After All (Photos) (65444 Views)

I’m Proud Of My Stretch Marks – Mercy Johnson Okojie Flaunts It All (photos) / Juliet Ibrahim Fuels Breakup Rumours As She Deletes All Photos Of Iceberg Slim / Tobi Bakre's Father, Alex, Miracle & Tobi Pictured Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #BBNaija2018: Tobi Bakre May Not Be 23 Years Old After All (Photos) by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jan 29, 2018
So this is the maneuver in big brother Nigeria

Trying to discredit one another through various media campaigns. Almost like politicians looking for votes cheesy

I believe this must have been done by someone with vested interest in the game, judging by the writing style and detailed investigation techniques

Thus, I am pretty sure this was done by the camp of one the contestant who sees the Tobi guy as threat

well I don't really give a Bleep about the show grin
Re: #BBNaija2018: Tobi Bakre May Not Be 23 Years Old After All (Photos) by simiolu1(m): 10:25pm On Jan 29, 2018
I can say for a fact that Femi is, in fact, Tobi's elder brother. Reason y'all think Tobi is the elder is because he graduated first. And he did because they both got into Unilag the same year; Femi studied Electrical Eng (5-year course) while Tobi studied a 4-year course.

But because Femi is a very low-key person despite all his achievements, people think he is the junior. Smh for bloggers

3 Likes

Re: #BBNaija2018: Tobi Bakre May Not Be 23 Years Old After All (Photos) by jibs4lv(m): 10:33pm On Jan 29, 2018
eliadekx:
This is more than Nigerian army age
Though this so call tobi I'd an animal

He over reduce of which he's 28 to 29
What a public shame
we don hia, next undecided
Re: #BBNaija2018: Tobi Bakre May Not Be 23 Years Old After All (Photos) by Dramadiddy(m): 10:36pm On Jan 29, 2018
obinoral1179:
you think respected brand will want to associate with a age cheat?
they will... Just quote me when bbn ends and let's see what becomes of him
Re: #BBNaija2018: Tobi Bakre May Not Be 23 Years Old After All (Photos) by princeryle1: 10:43pm On Jan 29, 2018
Mr Oga, I know him very well.

To debunk your lies, kindly note that

1. Tobi and members of his family are highly cerebral, evidently his elder brother Femi graduated as the best graduating student of his year. His other sibling including him graduated with 2.1 from same Unilag. He has passed his CFA Level one exams and presently enrolled for level 2.

2. Femi is his elder brother and he is only 24 years old and the age difference between them his 1 year. That makes Tobi a 23 year old guy

IF you need more info I can get it for you. But please always spread the right rumours.
ariketalks:
DISCLAIMER!!!This is an ArikeTalks exclusive post, Hence it is pertinent that you give due credit if copying this material.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-Yn2AS6-akEM/Wm9tpP2i6fI/AAAAAAAAAYE/Cmhs5BEyoLA0iAnuFooy9MsQ8h7heJtPgCLcBGAs/s320/TOBI-BAKRE-BBNAIJA.jpg[/img]

Since the premiere of Big Brother Naija season 3, the unveiling of the "lucky" contestants as well as the faux eviction less 24 hours into the game, the internet has been greeted with every minute news pertaining to the show. There is barely any opportunity for pertinent news to make it into the web space and if you are a novice and are wondering how long you have to bear this for, then let me humbly announce to you that you have about another 3 months to either "enjoy" the show or keep ranting on the internet about tired you are of seeing unsolicited news. The choice is totally yours.

Anyway, amidst the unveiling of the Big Brother Naija Double Wahala housemates, one question that has been on the lips of at least 70% of Nigerians is; How can Tobi Bakre claim to be 23yrs old??

Well i don't know how old he is because i definitely do not have assess to his birth certificate nor was i present at the time of his birth but i can tell you categorically that something doesn't add up.
I know this is Nigeria where public figures lie through their teeth about their ages. It is not news that entertainers such as Korede Bello, Burna boy, and of recent, Kiss Daniel, have all been accused of faking their ages but what makes theirs different is the fact that they were all assumptions with barely any proof to back such allegations. However, that is not the case here as our darling Tobi just may be giving us some clues that counter his "age" claim.

Before you think i'm delusional, check these;

FIRSTLY;

[img]https://1.bp..com/-Gs2LjFnduk0/Wm9tmmKKrHI/AAAAAAAAAYA/CFWtIC_hCQ8TxecXIQt8ERoVny_hxIa1gCEwYBhgL/s200/ABCD1517236343.jpg[/img]
We have heard it a million times that Tobi is a graduate of the University of Lagos, Akoka. Right? Cool! But here is what they did NOT tell you.
Tobi was a student of the University of Lagos for 4 years. (2008 - 2012). Let's do the math. If the "23yrs old" claim is anything to go by, that means the premiere HoH of #BBNaija2018 was born in the year 1995, right? Good!
Going by this, we can safely conclude that Tobi was admitted into the University of Lagos at the age of 13 (2008 minus 1995), as opposed to the minimum age of 16yrs as stipulated by JAMB. Okay!!!
[img]https://4.bp..com/-HKS6t3KdluY/Wm9tsy6QrbI/AAAAAAAAAYg/p2IHvTkh_9Ef2JMEZ1z-XeSArB_fnJz7wCEwYBhgL/s640/PicsArt_01-29-07.38.31.jpg[/img]

He won an award for "Most Handsome" student in his final year. Awww.......

And here he is obeying the clarion call at the age of 18.
[img]https://3.bp..com/-ruGhXmTQ7hY/Wm9trUyVuxI/AAAAAAAAAYg/n4_-sfTloEIaXA0IejPk43kwx13EZvk-wCEwYBhgL/s640/PicsArt_01-29-07.35.09.jpg[/img]
Double awww.....
SEE THIS;

Here is Tobi and his younger brother, Femi, at Femi's convocation in 2014
[img]https://3.bp..com/-WBZraqVI_qM/Wm9tuiTobZI/AAAAAAAAAYg/V_XxTHm1Qs4Q3jE-CHOo6L82-BGGaFA_QCEwYBhgL/s640/PicsArt_01-29-07.42.16.jpg[/img]
[img]https://1.bp..com/-pIN0Pv0r404/Wm9twOOtdII/AAAAAAAAAYk/J7JXx8Lef8QiC27b33uEJfZUFKb9fgjiACEwYBhgL/s640/PicsArt_01-29-07.43.42.jpg[/img]

If you aren't seeing any loopholes presently, then maybe this last one would help you.

Ready?

Here you go;

In this very confusing picture dated January 23rd 2016, Tobi's younger brother, Femi is apparently celebrating his 23rd birthday.
[img]https://3.bp..com/-KQuKCgj4c08/Wm9txqtuXEI/AAAAAAAAAYo/SRUKiBjbzDUYhMzoKeR99-JP9miK7sHaQCEwYBhgL/s640/PicsArt_01-29-07.44.36.jpg[/img]
Below are some of the comments from the same post above, sending Femi birthday wishes.
Same caption, duhh
[img]https://2.bp..com/-lRM5msX950M/Wm9tzp_XwQI/AAAAAAAAAYs/PxuOfD5Bg7IQuiO7Y0npg579A36wcJL-wCEwYBhgL/s640/PicsArt_01-29-07.45.39.jpg[/img]

In summary,
1. Tobi is a 2012 University of Lagos graduate.
2. He has a younger brother named Femi.
3. Femi is a 2014 University of Lagos graduate.
4. Femi turned 23yrs old in 2016.
5. Tobi is 23yrs old in 2018.

What do you think? Is this a tactic to create #doublewahala for #BBNaija2018 or is Tobi Bakre actually, truthfully, honestly, literally 23yrs old?

Let me know what you think...

Source: http://ariketalks..com.ng/2018/01/exclusive-tobi-bakre-may-not-be-23yrs.html

Re: #BBNaija2018: Tobi Bakre May Not Be 23 Years Old After All (Photos) by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jan 29, 2018
princeryle1:

1. Tobi and members of his family are highly cerebral, evidently his elder brother Femi graduated as the best graduating student of his year. His other sibling including him graduated with 2.1 from same Unilag. He has passed his CFA Level one exams and presently enrolled for level 2.

2. Femi is his elder brother and he is only 24 years old and the age difference between them his 1 year. That makes Tobi a 23 year old guy

IF you need more info I can get it for you. But please always spread the right rumours.
So you are saying he gained admission into a federal university at the age of 13. Bros bros. I'm convinced they must be very intelligent but this your lie get k-leg. Abi are you Tobi? Even others that claim to know him said he is about 26yrs so why the cover up?

2 Likes

Re: #BBNaija2018: Tobi Bakre May Not Be 23 Years Old After All (Photos) by misterjosh(m): 10:48pm On Jan 29, 2018
Lolu is 29, Tobi is now 23
Re: #BBNaija2018: Tobi Bakre May Not Be 23 Years Old After All (Photos) by princeryle1: 10:56pm On Jan 29, 2018
africangirl000:

So you are saying he gained admission into a federal university at the age of 13. Bros bros. I'm convinced they must be very intelligent but this your lie get k-leg. Abi are you Tobi? Even others that claim to know him said he is about 26yrs so why the cover up?
Sis, cool down, he is presently 23 will clock 24 this year. He entered the University at 14 not 13. Do the arithmetic again sis.

1 Like

Re: #BBNaija2018: Tobi Bakre May Not Be 23 Years Old After All (Photos) by suremanpatriot: 11:50pm On Jan 29, 2018
Na emh footuuball age tobi put na grin grin lef am,abeg na small boy mak em go play him ball for bba
Re: #BBNaija2018: Tobi Bakre May Not Be 23 Years Old After All (Photos) by Ryabcool(m): 12:10am On Jan 30, 2018
Alertpro:
Tobi is 27. oya move on. Tobi grind we got your back. #UnilagDays #OzoluaWays
wetin ozolua ways/fc mean? i dey see am everywhere
Re: #BBNaija2018: Tobi Bakre May Not Be 23 Years Old After All (Photos) by ariklawani(f): 12:30am On Jan 30, 2018
The idiot didn't plan it well.
Re: #BBNaija2018: Tobi Bakre May Not Be 23 Years Old After All (Photos) by talk2percy(m): 1:43am On Jan 30, 2018
Why do people lie about their age like this now Hhmm, me I am above 30 and these guy actually looks older than my elder brother who's 36 years old.
Re: #BBNaija2018: Tobi Bakre May Not Be 23 Years Old After All (Photos) by edi287: 3:29am On Jan 30, 2018
HeyCorleone:
It's funny what the Nigerian youth is always up to.

We cry everyday asking that power be handed over to us. But what do with we do? We spend excessive time in frivolities, disputing someone's age and taking so much time to prove why someone is not the age they claim.

Why would politicians take us serious? Smh.

Then we wonder why the government doesn't create jobs. Imagine the time this research must have cost. Clearly we are all occupied.

I weep for the Nigerian youth.
What nonsense!! It's called investigative journalism.

1 Like

Re: #BBNaija2018: Tobi Bakre May Not Be 23 Years Old After All (Photos) by Ikennali01(m): 3:43am On Jan 30, 2018
OP!! OP!! OP!! Please oh with your investigation. Femi is older than Tobi, Femi was born in 1993 and Tobi was born in 1994. Tobi is currently 23 and will be 24 sometime this year. Please get your facts right before you ruin things for someone because you wanna prove your abilities.

1 Like

Re: #BBNaija2018: Tobi Bakre May Not Be 23 Years Old After All (Photos) by simiolu1(m): 4:23am On Jan 30, 2018
princeryle1:

Ikennali01:
OP!! OP!! OP!! Please oh with your investigation. Femi is older than Tobi, Femi was born in 1993 and Tobi was born in 1994. Tobi is currently 23 and will be 24 sometime this year. Please get your facts right before you ruin things for someone because you wanna prove your abilities.

I still had a chat with Femi yesterday night; the only reason people think he is the younger one is that he is gentler. Also, Tobi graduated before Femi because while Tobi studied a 4-year course, Femi studied a 5-year course. If he blew his trumpet the way Tobi does, we all would know him.

How many people here know that Femi is the CEO of KraksTV? How many people here know he has an MSc. from a very reputable institution in the UK? But because the guy is so low key, bloggers have resorted to calling him the younger one! He even joked that now that Tobi is in BBN, he don cast.

For those who would like to check him out, follow the link below. I do not doubt Tobi's age in any form because I have in fact seen Femi's D.O.B on a number of occasions. But trust bloggers and fake news...

https://www.linkedin.com/in/oluwafemi-bakre-49645214/
Re: #BBNaija2018: Tobi Bakre May Not Be 23 Years Old After All (Photos) by baum1: 4:52am On Jan 30, 2018
simiolu1:

I still had a chat with Femi yesterday night; the only reason people think he is the younger one is that he is gentler. Also, Tobi graduated before Femi because while Tobi studied a 4-year course, Femi studied a 5-year course. If he blew his trumpet the way Tobi does, we all would know him.

How many people here know that Femi is the CEO of KraksTV? How many people here know he has an MSc. from a very reputable institution in the UK? But because the guy is so low key, bloggers have resorted to calling him the younger one! He even joked that now that Tobi is in BBN, he don cast.

For those who would like to check him out, follow the link below. I do not doubt Tobi's age in any form because I have in fact seen Femi's D.O.B on a number of occasions. But trust bloggers and fake news...

https://www.linkedin.com/in/oluwafemi-bakre-49645214/

I just checked your guy's profile. He is indeed impressive. He is a fellow akokite. Bravo!!
Re: #BBNaija2018: Tobi Bakre May Not Be 23 Years Old After All (Photos) by lovingyouhun: 4:54am On Jan 30, 2018
millomaniac:
I have made a promise to my self never to click on anything big brother naija again On this forum. Because
1) it contains useless info that does not add value or knowledge to anyone
2) if you and I continue clicking on such aimless and vain thread, we drive traffic and encourage mods to keep putting more trash on the front page.(Like whether or not one of the contestant is tall or short or similar rubbish like that)
3) what exactly has the past winners contributed to society except looking for ways to enrich themselves with the publicity you and I give them.

I'm trying to understand you , what thread is this?
Re: #BBNaija2018: Tobi Bakre May Not Be 23 Years Old After All (Photos) by Omudia11: 5:44am On Jan 30, 2018
This is even small. Just found out my friend's bro is claiming 18 years old as a footballer in Europe while his youngest bro who is my friend was 19 in 2011.

1 Like

Re: #BBNaija2018: Tobi Bakre May Not Be 23 Years Old After All (Photos) by walenack(m): 5:48am On Jan 30, 2018
See people tryna bring the guy down because he is a threat to other housemates..

Well well well. Tobi studied finance and he was my course mate(class mate ) he is 23 going on 24. Dont judge him because of his looks and achievements. Thats how we roll.
Your age does not always determine your brain capacity
We had people of his age group back then too.
E.g i am 24 going on 25 and i already have 4years post nysc working experience as a public servant.
You cannot go to unilag and not have the drive to succeed
We grind different.

And for those that want to lash me use a broomstick.

2 Likes

Re: #BBNaija2018: Tobi Bakre May Not Be 23 Years Old After All (Photos) by Nobody: 5:56am On Jan 30, 2018
walenack:
See people tryna bring the guy down because he is a threat to other housemates..

Well well well. Tobi studied finance and he was my course mate(class mate ) he is 23 going on 24. Dont judge him because of his looks and achievements. Thats how we roll.
Your age does not always determine your brain capacity
We had people of his age group back then too.
E.g i am 24 going on 25 and i already have 4years post nysc working experience as a public servant.
You cannot go to unilag and not have the drive to succeed
We grind different.

And for those that want to lash me use a broomstick.
Una try. When your fellow akokaites on the first page have mentioned his real age.

1 Like

Re: #BBNaija2018: Tobi Bakre May Not Be 23 Years Old After All (Photos) by Nobody: 5:58am On Jan 30, 2018
princeryle1:
Sis, cool down, he is presently 23 will clock 24 this year. He entered the University at 14 not 13. Do the arithmetic again sis.
I know more than 3 peeps who forfeited their uni lag admission because they weren't 16 yet. They were a few months from 16yrs but still lost it. How did he do his own?

1 Like

Re: #BBNaija2018: Tobi Bakre May Not Be 23 Years Old After All (Photos) by Kobicove(m): 6:26am On Jan 30, 2018
johnstar:
Dis program go distract ppl ehn

Only those who have time for it undecided
Re: #BBNaija2018: Tobi Bakre May Not Be 23 Years Old After All (Photos) by walenack(m): 6:56am On Jan 30, 2018
africangirl000:

Una try. When your fellow akokaites on the first page have mentioned his real age.

I was in the same class with him so i know him better
He will be 24 june1 this year.
You people should sha support him
Team #tobochukwu lamba
Re: #BBNaija2018: Tobi Bakre May Not Be 23 Years Old After All (Photos) by Throwback: 6:59am On Jan 30, 2018
africangirl000:

I know more than 3 peeps who forfeited their uni lag admission because they weren't 16 yet. They were a few months from 16yrs but still lost it. How did he do his own?

While an aspect of the argument might have been clarified that this Tobi is the younger of the 2 brothers, so should have a younger age to Femi, it still does not explain how a 14yr old got into the university.

I know that Jamb requirement was to be 16yrs old by the October of the exam year. Maybe he got into school through the window and not the door, with the "Diploma 2" entry that Unilag offered.

If so, Tobi should only be celebrated and not castigated.

1 Like

Re: #BBNaija2018: Tobi Bakre May Not Be 23 Years Old After All (Photos) by tortee: 9:18am On Jan 30, 2018
as of today ...i now know nigerian bloggers are dumb as Bleep.....femi is tobi's elder brother ...tobi is the last child of four .aaarrrgggh
Re: #BBNaija2018: Tobi Bakre May Not Be 23 Years Old After All (Photos) by Nobody: 10:15am On Jan 30, 2018
Ikennali01:
Are you implying that he got to university at the age of 14 years?.

1 Like

Re: #BBNaija2018: Tobi Bakre May Not Be 23 Years Old After All (Photos) by Ucheamani(m): 11:07am On Jan 30, 2018
Throwback:
The first time I will see a reasoning human being challenge the age claims of another with factual arguments and statistical precision.

Kudos to the OP.

Modified: Many who seem to know have clarified that Tobi is the younger of the 2 brothers despite graduating first. He also gained admission into Unilag at 14yrs, which is not so common, but has indeed been accomplished by some gifted Nigerian students since the 1990s.

Unilag is not a glorified secondary school where you can be admitted @ 14. The legal age to be admitted in Nigerian University through Jamb is 16. Pls look for another explanation.

1 Like

Re: #BBNaija2018: Tobi Bakre May Not Be 23 Years Old After All (Photos) by brendz(f): 12:56pm On Jan 30, 2018
Ucheamani:

Unilag is not a glorified secondary school where you can be admitted @ 14. The legal age to be admitted in Nigerian University through Jamb is 16. Pls look for another explanation.

But what about the fact that his younger brother turned 23 in 2016? He's probably Tobi's foster brother.

Meanwhile, if you are writing JAMB UTME 2018 and you are watching #BBNaija, you're not wrong! But here's my advice to you, prepare the right way and have fun too. Try out JAMB UTME questions at https://avalanchenigeria.com/download/jambcbt.

You will watch #BBNaija taya, and you will still pass your JAMB UTME exam.
Re: #BBNaija2018: Tobi Bakre May Not Be 23 Years Old After All (Photos) by Ikennali01(m): 4:44pm On Jan 30, 2018
asuustrike2009:

Are you implying that he got to university at the age of 14 years?.

Yeah he did, he got in through diploma program and then there was no age requirement to register for it. I too got in through the same program.
Re: #BBNaija2018: Tobi Bakre May Not Be 23 Years Old After All (Photos) by Nobody: 1:08am On Jan 31, 2018
Ikennali01:

Yeah he did, he got in through diploma program and then there was no age requirement to register for it. I too got in through the same program.
Na wa
Re: #BBNaija2018: Tobi Bakre May Not Be 23 Years Old After All (Photos) by Basaddawise(m): 4:46pm On Jan 31, 2018
Busted�

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Captain Matthew Ekeinde Flies Erica Ahead Of Her 27th Birthday (Photos) / Teni Pulled Out Of Car Through The Window After Getting Stuck / Mercy Johnson Celebrates Her Husband, Prince Odi Okojie Birthday, Drags Him Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.