Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Man Unlocks A Phone Without Demanding For Its Receipt, Lands In Police Detention - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Unlocks A Phone Without Demanding For Its Receipt, Lands In Police Detention (28590 Views)

Man Bathes His Wife With Acid In Anambra After Demanding For Divorce (Graphic) / SARS Officers Assault Young Lawyer Allegedly Demanding For His Salary In Lagos / Ifeanyi Dike, Portharcourt Child Killer Escapes Police Detention! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Unlocks A Phone Without Demanding For Its Receipt, Lands In Police Detention by feelgoodstuffs(m): 4:03pm On Jan 30, 2018
fpeter:
bad grammar

Wetin concern grammar with person wey dey repair phone undecided

Madam Book
Re: Man Unlocks A Phone Without Demanding For Its Receipt, Lands In Police Detention by lawman12(m): 4:13pm On Jan 30, 2018
It's normal na,u collected 10k to unlocked the phone,police come collected 10k to bail u, case 50/50 you lost nothing bro

1 Like

Re: Man Unlocks A Phone Without Demanding For Its Receipt, Lands In Police Detention by thedondada(m): 4:33pm On Jan 30, 2018
holysaint1:

as for that ur lappy, i would advice you dont take it along with you anytime you are travelling.. Kus if them stop una for searching and eventually see am, na there you go know say police na ur friend true true..

I always travel with it and have never been asked about the receipt. I've never even been asked to put it on.

Whose laptop is this. I say mine.

The end.
Re: Man Unlocks A Phone Without Demanding For Its Receipt, Lands In Police Detention by whitering: 4:45pm On Jan 30, 2018
thesicilian:
Is there a law against repairing or unlocking phones and other electronics without showing receipt?!
The police can only invite the repairer to the station to help with investigations, not an outright arrest.
I wonder what they teach these police officers at the Police Academy.
Academy that looks like dungeon

1 Like

Re: Man Unlocks A Phone Without Demanding For Its Receipt, Lands In Police Detention by holysaint1(m): 4:48pm On Jan 30, 2018
thedondada:

I always travel with it and have never been asked about the receipt. I've never even been asked to put it on.

Whose laptop is this. I say mine.

The end.

This same act from a guy was what delayed our cab for over 2hrs when we were stopped by police on the way. The guy had this same mentality of yours. But eventually, na abeg later end the matter.

He who has ears........
Re: Man Unlocks A Phone Without Demanding For Its Receipt, Lands In Police Detention by thedondada(m): 4:52pm On Jan 30, 2018
holysaint1:

This same act from a guy was what delayed our cab for over 2hrs when we were stopped by police on the way. The guy had this same mentality of yours. But eventually, na abeg later end the matter.

He who has ears........

I didn't argue. I said I have never been asked about the receipt or asked to put it on.

It's not like I quarelled when questioned. It's just how it happens.
Re: Man Unlocks A Phone Without Demanding For Its Receipt, Lands In Police Detention by holysaint1(m): 4:59pm On Jan 30, 2018
thedondada:

I didn't argue. I said I have never been asked about the receipt or asked to put it on.

It's not like I quarelled when questioned. It's just how it happens.

okay.
Re: Man Unlocks A Phone Without Demanding For Its Receipt, Lands In Police Detention by Obdk: 5:10pm On Jan 30, 2018
perryy:

That is not fixing, that removing the security aspect of the phone. If I walked into a mech ship and ask that the security feature of the car I brought be disabled, they have the right to ask me to show proof I own the car whose security feature I wanna disable and they equally have the right to reject it. If you are a panel beater and you helped someone to break into a car and it is later discovered that the person you helped to break into the car is not the car's owner but a thief, don't the police have right to arrest you ? You are a fucking accomplice.

do u kno between 90-95 percent of iphones in nigeria re USA and UK used. do u kno every single one of the is unlocked before use..

who asked for receipt.

1 Like

Re: Man Unlocks A Phone Without Demanding For Its Receipt, Lands In Police Detention by Psoul(m): 5:55pm On Jan 30, 2018
thesicilian:
Is there a law against repairing or unlocking phones and other electronics without showing receipt?!
The police can only invite the repairer to the station to help with investigations, not an outright arrest.
I wonder what they teach these police officers at the Police Academy.

Guy, I think u are very wrong in ur comment.
Yeah...Police has earned very bad name in this country due to some bad eggs there.
To be very sincere, to me, I don't think that the arrest was wrong.
I also belive that the repairer knows most times that some phones he's working on are stolen but he was just out to make his money.

Permit me to ask this;
Is it wrong for Police to arrest a person that bought a car that has no receipt?

If your answer is affirmative, then Police was also right to arrest the phone repairer.
Re: Man Unlocks A Phone Without Demanding For Its Receipt, Lands In Police Detention by GMbuharii: 6:15pm On Jan 30, 2018
They are coneheads and they are pickpockets. grin grin
Always watch your wallet,handbag,phone...all coneheads are thieves grin grin
Re: Man Unlocks A Phone Without Demanding For Its Receipt, Lands In Police Detention by GMbuharii: 6:16pm On Jan 30, 2018
They are coneheads and they are pickpockets. grin grin
Always watch your wallet,handbag,phone...all coneheads are thieves grin grin

1 Like

Re: Man Unlocks A Phone Without Demanding For Its Receipt, Lands In Police Detention by ameh99: 6:17pm On Jan 30, 2018
duduwest:
Nobody above mistake but at least you've learn your lesson. Always make sure what they brought to you is not stolen one.

And for your mind you don talk abi....

How has unlocking or fixing phone violate any law
Re: Man Unlocks A Phone Without Demanding For Its Receipt, Lands In Police Detention by thesicilian: 7:09pm On Jan 30, 2018
Psoul:

Guy, I think u are very wrong in ur comment.
Yeah...Police has earned very bad name in this country due to some bad eggs there.
To be very sincere, to me, I don't think that the arrest was wrong.
I also belive that the repairer knows most times that some phones he's working on are stolen but he was just out to make his money.

Permit me to ask this;
Is it wrong for Police to arrest a person that bought a car that has no receipt?

If your answer is affirmative, then Police was also right to arrest the phone repairer.
That's not the case here. The right question here will be Is it right for the police to arrest someone who brings his car for repairs without receipt of purchase of the car?
Re: Man Unlocks A Phone Without Demanding For Its Receipt, Lands In Police Detention by thesicilian: 7:55pm On Jan 30, 2018
seunmsg:

Who you said is exactly what happened. He was interrogated and later allowed to go. He was not charged to court for any wrong doing after the investigation. However, the mode of operation of the police is what we can question. Police only invite big men for questioning in Nigeria. If you are not big, you will be bundled like a common criminal to the police station and thrown inside the cell. That is how to get their bail money.
While claiming all over the place that bail is free. They are a pathetic bunch of people.
Re: Man Unlocks A Phone Without Demanding For Its Receipt, Lands In Police Detention by Deathlezz: 8:04pm On Jan 30, 2018
EdificationBoss:
Man Lands In Police Detention For Unlocking A Phone Without Demanding For Its Receipt

Cases of reported stolen items are arguably one of the most carelessly handled issues in Nigeria. From unlawful arrests and detainment to unwarranted seizures of properties, the due process never seems to be properly applied.

A young man identified as Ayodeji has taken to the social media platform to express his grievances over what he believed was an unlawful arrest. Ayodeji, who works as a phone technician revealed how he was arrested over one of his recent jobs. According to him, he had initially unlocked a phone for a customer without demanding for its receipt of purchase and that eventually led to his arrest.

He wrote on Twitter:

http://www.newshelmng.com/2018/01/man-lands-in-police-detention-for.html

this is why Nigerian police is ranked bottom last in the world.

No sense, no law, no discipline, no pride.

All we have is just sun-beaten, ugly pathetic illiterates scavenging for easy money.

So mechanics will demand receipts before fix My cars.

Electricians will demand receipt before fixing radios

People misplace their passwords everyday. That’s why google, yahoo, Twitter all have means of recovering accounts when passwords are forgotten.

Until the police force is entirely overhauled we will continue to be taken for a ride in this cursed place.
Re: Man Unlocks A Phone Without Demanding For Its Receipt, Lands In Police Detention by jeroba1(m): 8:23pm On Jan 30, 2018
Marxv:
At least u hv learnt nw on the proper tin to do
if you take stolen clothes to tailor to sew without tell the tailor that it is a stolen clothes.is the tailor also a thief.
Re: Man Unlocks A Phone Without Demanding For Its Receipt, Lands In Police Detention by omonlaa: 3:08am On Jan 31, 2018
oshe11:
iphone

Message me on whatsapp, number on signature
Re: Man Unlocks A Phone Without Demanding For Its Receipt, Lands In Police Detention by BadBradley: 9:08pm On Jan 31, 2018
Marxv:
At least u hv learnt nw on the proper tin to do
the right thing to do? Did he break any law?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nurse Seen Brutalizing Her Daughter In Delta, Shun Neighbours From Interfering / Armed Policemen Invade Our Office In Oshodi, Manhandle Everyone - Man Cries Out / Fake Naval Officer Arrested For Defrauding & Assaulting Pos Agents In Nasarawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.