Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,566 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

I'm Sure Of Winning In 2011 - Babangida - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'm Sure Of Winning In 2011 - Babangida (4572 Views)

Atiku Is 65% Sure Of Winning APC Ticket- Campaign DG / Nyako Congratulates Ngilari, Says He’s Sure Of Returning To Office / List Of Nigeria's Current State Governors In 2011-2015 Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Sure Of Winning In 2011 - Babangida by shadrach77: 9:38pm On Apr 16, 2010
Print version 2011: I’m Sure Of Winning —IBB
April 16, 2010 15:03 (6 hours ago), 1,359 views

By Simon Ateba

Former military dictator, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida, aka IBB, said this morning that he would win next year’s presidential election.

He said that he had the experience to turn Nigeria’s economy around.

“I believe that it is possible and I have the experience to make it possible,” IBB told journalists at the presidential lounge of the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos.

The ‘evil genius’, as he is also called, said those who are criticising or opposing him do not really know him.

“Perception is the way you look at things. If you call me a thief and you can prove it, you know what to do,” he said.

IBB said winning an election takes two things, which he thinks he has: the political party and the people.

Babangida announced on Monday his ambition to return to the office he left hurriedly on 26 August, 1993 after series of protests resulting from the annulment of the 12 June, 1993 presidential election won by business mogul and IBB’s good friend, Bashorun MKO Abiola.

Babangida, who ruled from August 1985 to 26 August, 1993, told the British Broadcasting Corporation, BBC, in an interview on Tuesday that he was ready to contest the presidency in 2011 on the platform of any of the existing 51 political parties.
http://thepmnews.com/2010/04/16/2011-i%e2%80%99m-sure-of-winning-%e2%80%94ibb
Re: I'm Sure Of Winning In 2011 - Babangida by Fhemmmy: 9:42pm On Apr 16, 2010
If people can vote and turn down all good money and vote with the conscience and do their part to make sure all vote counts, we will see a better Nigeria come 2011
Re: I'm Sure Of Winning In 2011 - Babangida by kosovo(m): 9:54pm On Apr 16, 2010
“I believe that it is possible and I have the experience to make it possible,” IBB told journalists at the presidential lounge of the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos.

The ‘evil genius’, as he is also called, said those who are criticising or opposing him do not really know him.

“Perception is the way you look at things. If you call me a thief and you can prove it, you know what to do,” he said.

IBB said winning an election takes two things, which he thinks he has: the political party and the people.
what else can i say, People just need to trow sentiments away and look at this experienced man rationally . . cool
Re: I'm Sure Of Winning In 2011 - Babangida by Fhemmmy: 9:56pm On Apr 16, 2010
kosovo:

what else can i say, People just need to trow sentiments away and look at this experienced man rationally . . .

Lol
Re: I'm Sure Of Winning In 2011 - Babangida by neily(f): 11:07pm On Apr 16, 2010
Someone should pls tell this man to wake up, cos he is sleeping.
Re: I'm Sure Of Winning In 2011 - Babangida by OAM4J: 11:15pm On Apr 16, 2010
shadrach77:

Print version 2011: I’m Sure Of Winning —IBB
April 16, 2010 15:03 (6 hours ago), 1,359 views

By Simon Ateba

Former military dictator, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida, aka IBB, said this morning that he would win next year’s presidential election.

He said that he had the experience to turn Nigeria’s economy around.

Babangida announced on Monday his ambition to return to the office he left hurriedly on 26 August, 1993 after series of protests resulting from the annulment of the 12 June, 1993 presidential election won by business mogul and IBB’s good friend, Bashorun MKO Abiola.

Babangida, who ruled from August 1985 to 26 August, 1993, told the British Broadcasting Corporation, BBC, in an interview on Tuesday that he was ready to contest the presidency in 2011 on the platform of any of the existing 51 political parties.
http://thepmnews.com/2010/04/16/2011-i%e2%80%99m-sure-of-winning-%e2%80%94ibb

Great shall be your disappointment IBB. . . we shall see.
Re: I'm Sure Of Winning In 2011 - Babangida by sjeezy8: 11:21pm On Apr 16, 2010
ummm I dont know why people call him the evil genius- he was a military head of state theres nothing genius about it, he didnt politically outmaneuver his oppents- he killed them, he didnt run for eletion he took it( the presidency)

Believe it or not IBB can change Nigeria if he wanted to, like Bush can change America BUT AMERICANS WILL NEVER VOTE BUSH BACK IN POWER.

soo ibb go home-
Re: I'm Sure Of Winning In 2011 - Babangida by vigasimple(m): 11:25pm On Apr 16, 2010
IBB is doing the Northern bidding to retain power rotation in the North at all costs. He and his Northern people are a big fool. I am sure they are ready for a breakup.

IBB his on his final journey to join his wife. A murderer and a thief who want to be President. He is not alaw abiding citizen. The chairman of 419plc.

WE have other 150million Nigerian's who are better than you. where did you get money to build 50 bed mansion in Minna, what is your salary as a military officer.
Re: I'm Sure Of Winning In 2011 - Babangida by ladi02(m): 11:29pm On Apr 16, 2010
unfortunately, i dont think we can do much IBB will be President in 2011 even writing it alone makes me feel like puking
Re: I'm Sure Of Winning In 2011 - Babangida by haronky7: 12:11am On Apr 17, 2010
Newsflash guys!

Stop calling this man a thief if you can't prove it - that was his confident assertion and open challenge to everyone on NL who had written and allegedly accused him, ', and you know what to do'

My village elders will say that if a man who is greater and more influential than you abuses you, you have to turn to God, the Avenger of the powerless. This cannot be more timely

So guys, here we go again
Re: I'm Sure Of Winning In 2011 - Babangida by Nobody: 12:20am On Apr 17, 2010
Our Journalists refuse to ask difficult questions. Why did someone not ask IBB how many states he met in power and how many states he left while leaving power.

He created more states. That's Government expansion and tells me that he has no credibility on lecturing anyone on lean Government.
Re: I'm Sure Of Winning In 2011 - Babangida by OAM4J: 1:52am On Apr 17, 2010
ladi02:

unfortunately, i dont think we can do much IBB will be President in 2011 even writing it alone makes me feel like puking

You will be surprised!

IBB will not be president in 2011.

What IBB and a lot in his camp dont know is that power has long changed hand in Nigeria. (will not say more than that)
Re: I'm Sure Of Winning In 2011 - Babangida by Onlytruth(m): 6:04am On Apr 17, 2010
OAM4J:

You will be surprised!

IBB will not be president in 2011.

What IBB and a lot in his camp dont know is that power has long changed hand in Nigeria. (will not say more than that)

I know what you are thinking, but don't forget that this is Nigeria. Power is really in one place -the military (read the north). Again, the source of that military is mainly northern. In the south (historically speaking), only two regions (the north and the east ) met their military quota in 1965, and I believe that not much has changed in absolute terms. The north have people ready for war and violence at the slightest notice. I don't think the whole south is like that. So, how can you say that REAL power has changed hands?

For as long as people are only prepared to talk and run away at any slight since of danger, the REAL POWER will continue to stay in the north. cool
Re: I'm Sure Of Winning In 2011 - Babangida by tayoast(m): 6:07am On Apr 17, 2010
does he av a criminal case in court? cos i dont know wat he's hopin 2 win, unless they do d usual. . . .
Re: I'm Sure Of Winning In 2011 - Babangida by celemel(m): 11:16am On Apr 17, 2010
His ambition is dead on arrival. Lets name the crimes:
1. Asassination by parcel bomb of Dele Giwa
2. Stealing of $12b gulf-war windfall
3. Slaughter of his bestman and friend Gen. Mamman Vatsa (in a phantom coup plot)
4. Criminal annumlment of June 12 elections and subsequent imprisonment and murder of the winner, MKO Abiola
5 Killing of thousands of pro-democracy protesters in the streets of Lagos
6. Devaluation of the Naira to increase his stolen $'s worth
7. Introduction of corruption as deliberate state policy

You guys can add to the list. We chased him away after the annulment of the June 12 elections. We are still alive, and would chase him away this time. HE CAN be everything BUT President of this country again, no matter the level of collaboration and intrigues! I'm sure of this!
Re: I'm Sure Of Winning In 2011 - Babangida by KnowAll(m): 11:21am On Apr 17, 2010
IBB and Buhari are coup plotters and have never being tried for treason and Mutiny. These issues are fundermental to the fabric of any nation, I cannot imagine a situation where unruly army officer would overthrow her majesty in the UK or Obama in America and are held as prospective Presidential candidates. This men should be charge to court for the roles they played in coup plotting in Nigeria. Vatsa, Dimka and Orka has paid for their misadventure, it is time Buhari and BB pay for their misdeeds.
Re: I'm Sure Of Winning In 2011 - Babangida by igboboy1(m): 11:21am On Apr 17, 2010
CONFIDENCE
Re: I'm Sure Of Winning In 2011 - Babangida by Redman44(m): 11:30am On Apr 17, 2010
Folks, I don't think IBB can be stopped from winning next year's Presidential Elections. Nigeria's future has been mortgaged already, and a lot of high level political scheming has ensured that IBB will be the top contender for the presidency. It just shows that our leaders are not ready to develop the country. If Babangida gets back into Aso Rock, our economy will remain stagnant. The painful thing is that we do not have strong opposition parties in Nigeria. 98% of our politicians are prostitutes and are ready to jump into bed with the Party that is ready to grease their palms. IBB has the money to buy his way into Aso Rock and that is why he is sure of winning the elections. AC and ANPP have been rapidly disintegrating before our eyes over the years. All the other political parties are not deeply entrenched in Nigeria's Political System.

The only Political Party that can stand against the PDP/Babangida conspiracy is the Nigerian People sad sad sad Our parties have betrayed us and we are the ones that can Challenge  IBB's  move to mount the throne again. However, because the opposition parties have not groomed a worthy politician we can all rally behind, we can only take to the streets and reject Babangida's bid for the Presidency. If there are mass protests all over the Nigeria, the international community will take notice and will start supporting the people. We need to use the power of information and leaflets/flyers to mobilize Nigerians for protests. I'm happy that Nigerians are protesting already but more work needs to be done.  I can bank on one or two media outlets in Nigeria that will support the demonstrations against IBB. I will also advice Nigerians in the diaspora to stay where they are for now. It does not look like Nigeria will get better soon. You might invest some money back home but stay where you are.  

If I had my way, I will get a sophisticated sniper rifle and take out IBB myself

I'm pissed off that the corrupt guy wants to rule Nigeria again cry cry cry

www.vibes-extra..com
Re: I'm Sure Of Winning In 2011 - Babangida by Nobody: 11:34am On Apr 17, 2010
hmmm what can i say? good luck to him tongue
Re: I'm Sure Of Winning In 2011 - Babangida by monkeyleg: 11:37am On Apr 17, 2010
False Confidence. He had an opportunity, ruled for over 8yrs and wrecked the country. What does he think he brings to the table this time. Please must not forget the total fear Nigerians felt during IBB and Abacha's reign of terror. This period must not be discounted in our history. There were a lot of mis-deeds that have never been explained. I for one remember that period so well, I remember a friend being beaten up a night before his wedding and lost 2 front teeth, by the military, it was pure hell.

Nigerians really need to refresh thier memories. If it were other countries documentaries would be run reminding people what life was like under that tyrant.
Re: I'm Sure Of Winning In 2011 - Babangida by pristjones(m): 11:41am On Apr 17, 2010
IBB or BBI that u call your self. i might not be a politician but one thing am sure of is that you can never rule us again. not in your wildest dreams can that be possible because THE GOD of the masses is not sleeping not at all. if you try too hard, abacha's death story will be a better one compared to yours. go and mourn your wife cos I HATE YOU AS A HUMAN. AND IF AM AGAINST YOU THEN SORRY  MAN. YOUR ASS HOLE PLANS ARE AS DEAD AS YOUR THICK ILLITERATE HEAD. STAY IN YOUR 50 BED ROOM APARTMENT AND LEAVE ASO ROCK ALONE.

POSTER CAN YOU PASS THIS ACROSS TO HIM? THANKS.
Re: I'm Sure Of Winning In 2011 - Babangida by lawrytee(m): 11:50am On Apr 17, 2010
Its only in Nigeria and Africa that one will still see people like IBB still talking about ruling the country again.This is someone that is supposed to be in exile.The cancellation of a free and fair June 12th election  results is still on our minds till today.What about the lives of loved ones that were lost in the struggle just because of his useless actions?I hope he and his  fucking families die very soon.
Re: I'm Sure Of Winning In 2011 - Babangida by Nobody: 11:50am On Apr 17, 2010
Knowall,
You are either extremely ignorant or you are trying to pull the wool over people's eyes, by trying to make out that Buhari harmed the country in any way. Very mischievious of you to put the honest and patriotic Buhari in the same category as the theiving unpatriotic shameful agent of corruption and western countries that is IBB.

IBB should be imprisoned he who had no valid reason for overthrowing Buhari as he tried to steady the country and I believe IBB was sponsored by the corrupt politicians and certain western countries to overthrow Buhari as he was holding out for a better deal from the IMF negotiations

Buhari had good reason for intervening when the clueless Shagari government 1979-83, brought the country to its knees and was re-elected by rigging the election. In other words, much like what we have today, corruption reached such a level that it was clear that democracy was not working and only very ignorant people would fail to see that Buhari's coup was a welcomed and necessary intervention.

People should look at Buhari's record during his 20months leadership  and realise his regime was very very tough on corruption and all his actions was intended for the good of Nigeria.

In my opinion Buhari would be welcome to be president, as he has been tried and tested and we know he is patriotic and has good intentions for our nation.

IBB and OBJ and their friends should be rotting in jail already angry
KnowAll:

IBB and Buhari are coup plotters and have never being tried for treason and Mutiny. .
Re: I'm Sure Of Winning In 2011 - Babangida by kabarka(m): 11:51am On Apr 17, 2010
oh! maryam is late,some other angel should wake him up.he is fast asleep and is coming out to destroy himself to oblivion.
Re: I'm Sure Of Winning In 2011 - Babangida by BigB11(m): 11:53am On Apr 17, 2010
I'm completely sure that IBB will be our next president -Big B1.

Insha Allah, we will all celebrate together as one when he brings home the trophy.
Re: I'm Sure Of Winning In 2011 - Babangida by Nobody: 12:04pm On Apr 17, 2010
How I wish somehow that all those wanting IBB as president would get him as their president and rest of us can choose a good president for ourselves.
Re: I'm Sure Of Winning In 2011 - Babangida by Nobody: 12:15pm On Apr 17, 2010
IBB 'Mr Chop I Chop', u are welcome! In Niigeria the greatest thief reign supreme and the likes of IBB will always dominate. There is no doubt you are the next president of Nigeria! Let me see how I can position myself to benefit from your 'chop I chop' government in a cursed Nigeria!
Re: I'm Sure Of Winning In 2011 - Babangida by MsTom(f): 12:54pm On Apr 17, 2010
shadrach77:

What experience is that? Election Rigging?!
Re: I'm Sure Of Winning In 2011 - Babangida by kufreabasi(m): 1:13pm On Apr 17, 2010
If i have my way, i will kill this so call IBB. He is a thief and slowpoke. He should to his house and leave Nigeria alone. he is one of the person that brings shame to this nation
Re: I'm Sure Of Winning In 2011 - Babangida by finestboy1: 1:19pm On Apr 17, 2010
haa God shocked shocked This country is finished, R we now dunces in this country? It is only in Nigeria that someone kills, steals money,arrested gets released from prison and  comes out  openly to contest for presidential or governorship positions,. shocked Its unbelivable. Does it mean Babagida is the only person that can savage  150 million Nigerians.??
very soon bode goerge or tafa balogun will come from nowwhere to contest for presidency,  embarassed
Re: I'm Sure Of Winning In 2011 - Babangida by Anaegboka(m): 2:21pm On Apr 17, 2010
Babangida in an interview about cancellation of the fairest and most free election ever held in Nigeria said circumstances beyond his control made him do so. Is he in control of those circumstances now? We should not forget those who died during the SAP riots and how he disgraced late Tai Solarin on national television and the officers and men who died in mysterious accidents during his regime. How I wish Gideon Orkar had succeeded with his coup we'll not be having this shameless and greedy thief throwing this insult on Nigerians. He should thank God that he survived what he did and is not in jail. Respects to you Great Ogboru.
Re: I'm Sure Of Winning In 2011 - Babangida by Anaegboka(m): 2:21pm On Apr 17, 2010
Babangida in an interview about cancellation of the fairest and most free election ever held in Nigeria said circumstances beyond his control made him do so. Is he in control of those circumstances now? We should not forget those who died during the SAP riots and how he disgraced late Tai Solarin on national television and the officers and men who died in mysterious accidents during his regime. How I wish Gideon Orkar had succeeded with his coup we'll not be having this shameless and greedy thief throwing this insult on Nigerians. He should thank God that he survived what he did and is not in jail. Respects to you Great Ogboru.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari: Nigeria Lacks Visionary Leadership / How GEJ Government Is Tackling Terrorism! / Saraki, A Northern Yoruba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.