Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,778 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:07 PM

Now That You’ve Received Your January Salary, What Next? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Now That You’ve Received Your January Salary, What Next? (17967 Views)

FG Workers To Start Receiving January Salary – AGF / Federal Government Yet To Pay January Salary? / Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Now That You’ve Received Your January Salary, What Next? by Equiano: 7:33am On Feb 01, 2018
Nice and articulate piece. Most salary earners do not invest, they always make the excuse that they receive peanuts and therefore they always procastinate investing till they retire fro service.
Re: Now That You’ve Received Your January Salary, What Next? by ensamy(m): 7:34am On Feb 01, 2018
sex doll
Re: Now That You’ve Received Your January Salary, What Next? by idonhammer: 7:34am On Feb 01, 2018
Go to any nearby church, hand it over to a pastor there and walk away like a child of God
Re: Now That You’ve Received Your January Salary, What Next? by SOFTENGR: 7:34am On Feb 01, 2018
AgroSeeds:
First fruit? If I hear! Most lazy ass pastors are now smiling devilishly waiting for the sheeples to bring forth their sufferings. Cooperate armed robbers. Why would any reasonable human being think that in this hard times and season? Nigerians hear me out. Do not give out your money to any human being that valls himself IMAM or Pastor or Priest in the name if first fruit. If you want to give them anything, just give it as a gift and not as first fruit nonsense or Tithe whatever. If God wants to bless you, he does that without minding how sinful or First fruut giving you are consistent with.

Hosea 4:6
My people perish because of lack of Knowledge.

Rather than spend that money on a hopeless venture, I will rather invest it in farming no matter how small.
You just spoke my mind.

1 Like

Re: Now That You’ve Received Your January Salary, What Next? by SOFTENGR: 7:35am On Feb 01, 2018
ensamy:
sex doll
Behave

Re: Now That You’ve Received Your January Salary, What Next? by udemzyudex(m): 7:35am On Feb 01, 2018
AgroSeeds:
First fruit? If I hear! Most lazy ass pastors are now smiling devilishly waiting for the sheeples to bring forth their sufferings. Cooperate armed robbers. Why would any reasonable human being think that in this hard times and season? Nigerians hear me out. Do not give out your money to any human being that valls himself IMAM or Pastor or Priest in the name if first fruit. If you want to give them anything, just give it as a gift and not as first fruit nonsense or Tithe whatever. If God wants to bless you, he does that without minding how sinful or First fruut giving you are consistent with.

Rather than spend that money on a hopeless venture, I will rather invest it in farming no matter how small.

I'm just wondering who brought the idea of first fruit, still thinking.

Knowing fully well that January is always tough, then someone will expect me to bring my hard earned money to pay as first fruit, cos God will pour out his blessings on me and my family.

Funny, have not finish exhausting the blessing he showered on my on November, December. If he won't bless me cos I didn't bring January first fruit, then I'm not bothered, after all I'm the type that is always contended with what I have. The remaining blessing is still there.

On a serious note, what the f*ck is first fruit?

2 Likes

Re: Now That You’ve Received Your January Salary, What Next? by SOFTENGR: 7:36am On Feb 01, 2018
Aieboocaar:
I am just seriously waiting for that pastor that will coman preach to me about First Fruit!!! He will tell me where he was when d fruit wasn't ripe yet!!

Abeg i dey go Swiss Garden Joint go do my own holy communion jare cool..... pastor shuu wait for another fruit
Abeg where is Swiss garden make I join you there. grin
Re: Now That You’ve Received Your January Salary, What Next? by Ospic2014: 7:40am On Feb 01, 2018
1st fruit loading .......
Re: Now That You’ve Received Your January Salary, What Next? by xdos(m): 7:41am On Feb 01, 2018
Ermm Op... Nice article you got up there.

For someone who's job requires travelling 80% - 90% of the time, kindly advice on investment options.
Re: Now That You’ve Received Your January Salary, What Next? by Nobody: 7:46am On Feb 01, 2018
Received wetin? Shey na you pay me? Mtcheww
Re: Now That You’ve Received Your January Salary, What Next? by dadabashua1(m): 7:52am On Feb 01, 2018
Aieboocaar:
I am just seriously waiting for that pastor that will coman preach to me about First Fruit!!! He will tell me where he was when d fruit wasn't ripe yet!!

Abeg i dey go Swiss Garden Joint go do my own holy communion jare cool..... pastor shuu wait for another fruit
dont mind them...no be only first fruit na last fruit...only if most of them are using the money on the needy not enriching themselves,even though some few are doing the right thing..but most of them na super scammers
Re: Now That You’ve Received Your January Salary, What Next? by Ahmed0336(m): 7:52am On Feb 01, 2018
TheProfany:
Which salary? sad sad
Federal Government haven't paid
madam na dis time last week i got mine. Which MDAs u dey?
Re: Now That You’ve Received Your January Salary, What Next? by engrjacuzzi: 7:52am On Feb 01, 2018
TheProfany:
Which salary? sad sad

federal government has paid.....i disagree with your comment. it's only if your firm hasn't enrolled in IPPIS.
Re: Now That You’ve Received Your January Salary, What Next? by engrjacuzzi: 7:56am On Feb 01, 2018
lowsugar:
Federal government is yet to pay and we are not expecting it this week

some parastatal have been paid on the 25th, a few got paid this week precisely 30th/31st. it's either your ministry hasn't verified IPPIS
Re: Now That You’ve Received Your January Salary, What Next? by Nobody: 7:58am On Feb 01, 2018
Its better I give that money to the poor than any damned Pastor.

Better Use it to buy the below fridge from me sef.

1 Like

Re: Now That You’ve Received Your January Salary, What Next? by jonadaft: 7:59am On Feb 01, 2018
TheProfany:
Which salary? sad sad
Lie
I received my January salary since on the 26th
Re: Now That You’ve Received Your January Salary, What Next? by holluphemydavid(m): 7:59am On Feb 01, 2018
AgroSeeds:

God does not need your money to bless you. We are too broke for God. The blessings of God are eternal and reaches everybody no matter how small. The only thing it will take is time. Even if you are the worst of sinners, God can still bless you.

Romans 9:15
For God said to Moses, "I will show mercy to anyone I choose, and I will show compassion to anyone I choose."

Meanwhile, am very grateful for this first to comment position. This is a sign that good things are coming my way. Even the person above me was deleted for me to be the first.

Same way he was deleted This new month, God will delete our enemies, delete our tormentors be it APC, PDP or the 3rd force, Delete our Witches and finally, delete those who needs to be deleted so that we will come first. I prophecy goodness and mercy into the lives of all Nairalanders. Our pockets shall never run dry. God will fill our pockets forever. It is too late to fail. Amen. God bless us.
Is it ur salary? Abeg shift, come and beat me if I use my salary as first fruit, everybody just wanna talk in other to be relevant and earn cheap likes, those who are paying it knw d meaning of it
Re: Now That You’ve Received Your January Salary, What Next? by jonadaft: 8:01am On Feb 01, 2018
lowsugar:
Federal government is yet to pay and we are not expecting it this week
Liar
Re: Now That You’ve Received Your January Salary, What Next? by XINZ: 8:03am On Feb 01, 2018
My own don finish seff sad grin
Re: Now That You’ve Received Your January Salary, What Next? by Deo1986(m): 8:10am On Feb 01, 2018
OP your essay is ok but not really practical. Using 50k as example is impractical considering the economic situation in the country. Thanks anyways

1 Like

Re: Now That You’ve Received Your January Salary, What Next? by Gkemz: 8:14am On Feb 01, 2018
I received it but i woke up to realize it was a dream.
Re: Now That You’ve Received Your January Salary, What Next? by chelseaboi(m): 8:46am On Feb 01, 2018
aikluck007:
My Mumu boss hasn’t paid
Lol..I will tell ur boss
Re: Now That You’ve Received Your January Salary, What Next? by TheProfany(f): 8:46am On Feb 01, 2018
Jonathan:
Lie I received my January salary since on the 26th
Why do you say it's a lie? Are we in the same state?
Federal Government haven't paid January salary in Abia State.
Which state are you in?

1 Like

Re: Now That You’ve Received Your January Salary, What Next? by TheProfany(f): 8:48am On Feb 01, 2018
Jonathan:
Liar
It's not a lie oga! For example : FG haven't paid Abia state workers.
Re: Now That You’ve Received Your January Salary, What Next? by TheProfany(f): 8:49am On Feb 01, 2018
engrjacuzzi:

federal government has paid.....i disagree with your comment. it's only if your firm hasn't enrolled in IPPIS.

Almost 2 people has disagreed with my comment. Up till now, Abia State never get salary. There's always a delay.
Re: Now That You’ve Received Your January Salary, What Next? by TheProfany(f): 8:51am On Feb 01, 2018
Ahmed0336:
madam na dis time last week i got mine. Which MDAs u dey?

FG haven't paid Civil Servants, Army workers or Abia state.
Re: Now That You’ve Received Your January Salary, What Next? by Sunsets: 8:53am On Feb 01, 2018
pay your first fruit to 'god' - as "god's" surrogate, your pastor can receive it
rodeo0070:
Payday is finally here! After 60 days of mild “famine” in January, you can now waltz into any bank and demand for your money! For some people, salaries have already come in, for others who haven’t, it is expected to come in this week.

Whichever category you fall in, what is certain is that by the end of this week, you’d be flush with cash. This begs the question: “Now that you’ve received your January salary, what next?” Typically, the first thing that comes to mind is to pay bills; in fact, some people already have a truckload of outstanding debt that equals about 80% of their January salary.

Some have spent their entire salary in their head before it even arrives, while others are patiently waiting for the arrival of the weekend so they can splurge half of their salary in clubs/bars, and live from hand to mouth the rest of the month.

While there’s no harm in having a good time, before you go ahead to start paying bills and debts, have you actually paid yourself?

Here is a list of important actions to take whenever you receive your monthly salary.

Pay Yourself First

Picture this scenario: you earn a monthly salary of 50,000 naira. When you receive this, you immediately spend 10k on paying your utility bills, 15k on groceries and feeding for the month, 12k on transportation costs, 3k on internet and communication costs, 7k on outstanding debt, and 5k on leisure. At the end of the month, you have successfully paid: the utility provider, the grocery seller, the internet provider, and even the bus conductor or petrol station attendant, but you’ve paid yourself nothing.

All these people have gotten richer from you, while you have nothing to show for the salary you worked for and rightfully earned. This situation plays out every month, and you end up living from paycheck to paycheck throughout the year.

This vicious circle can be stopped simply by deciding to always pay yourself first immediately you receive your monthly salary/ allowance/ wages, take out a part of your income (a minimum of 10%) and put it towards things that would be directly beneficial to the quality of your life, like investing and acquiring assets that would make more money for you.

This money you’ve paid yourself belongs to YOU, and it should be deducted first before you begin spending on other things so that you’re not left with sorry stories at the end of the day.

If you do not start today to pay yourself first, at the end of all your years of work, you would have nothing to show for the years of salary you’ve received. So before you pay others, pay yourself first.

Spend less than you earn. Invest the difference

It is no longer news that the billionaires of this world do not live on only one stream of income, so if you’re surviving on only one paycheck, you’re intentionally setting yourself up for a crisis.

Investing is a great way to secure your future and earn additional future income. Now that you have successfully paid yourself first, that money shouldn’t be left lying in a bank account where it is earning less than 3% interest rate annually, it should be put to work by transferring it to an investment account where it is earning more money for you.

There are a couple of affordable investment options that provide you with competitive interest rates above Nigeria’s current inflation rate. Carry out proper research, ask the right questions, and put your money to work. The more your money works for you, the more wealth you’re able to create, and the less number of years you’d have to work.

Review your January financials

Before the start of the new month, you need to review your January financials; how was your spending habit? Did you cut down unnecessary expenses by 10% like you said you would at the start of the year? Have you begun working towards increasing your savings and investments? Was your spending habit in January in line with your goals for the year?

When you carry out monthly evaluations of your financial goals, it helps you track your performance and generally keeps you in line with your goals.

Create a February budget

You should create a new budget for each month as no two months are exactly the same. The difference might require a slight adjustment when creating your February budget, so when reviewing your January budget, look out for areas where you exceeded your budget, is the reason for the excess out of your immediate control (say hike in transport fare because of increased fuel prices), and likely to continue in the new month? Then you need to adjust your budget accordingly to accommodate this economic reality.

Find time to create a budget before January ends, especially as February 14 is on its way, which could be a season of extravagant spending for some. Plan ahead and budget for those expenses, so you don’t wipe out your entire monthly income on showing love.
Most importantly, when your salary comes in this week, don’t forget to set aside at least 10% of your income, towards securing your financial future.

Source: https://brandspurng.com/now-that-youve-received-your-january-salary-what-next/
Re: Now That You’ve Received Your January Salary, What Next? by Sunsets: 8:54am On Feb 01, 2018
I earn 20k a month. How can I spend less than I earn?
rodeo0070:
Payday is finally here! After 60 days of mild “famine” in January, you can now waltz into any bank and demand for your money! For some people, salaries have already come in, for others who haven’t, it is expected to come in this week.

Whichever category you fall in, what is certain is that by the end of this week, you’d be flush with cash. This begs the question: “Now that you’ve received your January salary, what next?” Typically, the first thing that comes to mind is to pay bills; in fact, some people already have a truckload of outstanding debt that equals about 80% of their January salary.

Some have spent their entire salary in their head before it even arrives, while others are patiently waiting for the arrival of the weekend so they can splurge half of their salary in clubs/bars, and live from hand to mouth the rest of the month.

While there’s no harm in having a good time, before you go ahead to start paying bills and debts, have you actually paid yourself?

Here is a list of important actions to take whenever you receive your monthly salary.

Pay Yourself First

Picture this scenario: you earn a monthly salary of 50,000 naira. When you receive this, you immediately spend 10k on paying your utility bills, 15k on groceries and feeding for the month, 12k on transportation costs, 3k on internet and communication costs, 7k on outstanding debt, and 5k on leisure. At the end of the month, you have successfully paid: the utility provider, the grocery seller, the internet provider, and even the bus conductor or petrol station attendant, but you’ve paid yourself nothing.

All these people have gotten richer from you, while you have nothing to show for the salary you worked for and rightfully earned. This situation plays out every month, and you end up living from paycheck to paycheck throughout the year.

This vicious circle can be stopped simply by deciding to always pay yourself first immediately you receive your monthly salary/ allowance/ wages, take out a part of your income (a minimum of 10%) and put it towards things that would be directly beneficial to the quality of your life, like investing and acquiring assets that would make more money for you.

This money you’ve paid yourself belongs to YOU, and it should be deducted first before you begin spending on other things so that you’re not left with sorry stories at the end of the day.

If you do not start today to pay yourself first, at the end of all your years of work, you would have nothing to show for the years of salary you’ve received. So before you pay others, pay yourself first.

Spend less than you earn. Invest the difference

It is no longer news that the billionaires of this world do not live on only one stream of income, so if you’re surviving on only one paycheck, you’re intentionally setting yourself up for a crisis.

Investing is a great way to secure your future and earn additional future income. Now that you have successfully paid yourself first, that money shouldn’t be left lying in a bank account where it is earning less than 3% interest rate annually, it should be put to work by transferring it to an investment account where it is earning more money for you.

There are a couple of affordable investment options that provide you with competitive interest rates above Nigeria’s current inflation rate. Carry out proper research, ask the right questions, and put your money to work. The more your money works for you, the more wealth you’re able to create, and the less number of years you’d have to work.

Review your January financials

Before the start of the new month, you need to review your January financials; how was your spending habit? Did you cut down unnecessary expenses by 10% like you said you would at the start of the year? Have you begun working towards increasing your savings and investments? Was your spending habit in January in line with your goals for the year?

When you carry out monthly evaluations of your financial goals, it helps you track your performance and generally keeps you in line with your goals.

Create a February budget

You should create a new budget for each month as no two months are exactly the same. The difference might require a slight adjustment when creating your February budget, so when reviewing your January budget, look out for areas where you exceeded your budget, is the reason for the excess out of your immediate control (say hike in transport fare because of increased fuel prices), and likely to continue in the new month? Then you need to adjust your budget accordingly to accommodate this economic reality.

Find time to create a budget before January ends, especially as February 14 is on its way, which could be a season of extravagant spending for some. Plan ahead and budget for those expenses, so you don’t wipe out your entire monthly income on showing love.
Most importantly, when your salary comes in this week, don’t forget to set aside at least 10% of your income, towards securing your financial future.

Source: https://brandspurng.com/now-that-youve-received-your-january-salary-what-next/
Re: Now That You’ve Received Your January Salary, What Next? by talkportal: 8:56am On Feb 01, 2018
True! but don't just save grow your savings

ASK ME ABOUT WINTHRILL!!!
Re: Now That You’ve Received Your January Salary, What Next? by RogueX: 9:25am On Feb 01, 2018
Need to show my babe this article. Especially with Val coming. In this new regime I cannot spend anyhow. So instead of Vals date, we will stay at home n watch champions league
Re: Now That You’ve Received Your January Salary, What Next? by Ghostmode2two(m): 9:25am On Feb 01, 2018
Salary is hanging!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Varying Salaries In Different Fields / In A Strange Land In Search Of Greener Pasture / Nutritionist/dietitians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.