Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,632 members, 7,809,370 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:23 AM

Paddy Adenuga: "I Nearly Acquired Chevron Netherlands At 29" - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Paddy Adenuga: "I Nearly Acquired Chevron Netherlands At 29" (43737 Views)

Paddy Adenuga Advises Men On What To Do Before Sending Money To Their Women / Paddy Adenuga: 10 Things You Didn't Know About Mike Adenuga’s Son / Paddy Adenuga: 'I Cannot Date A Lady That Wears Wig, I Have Standards' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Paddy Adenuga: "I Nearly Acquired Chevron Netherlands At 29" by MOBBDEEP: 6:06pm On Feb 05, 2018
LaudateII:

Which greed? Didn't see any. undecided With Edgar, he felt that Edgar's initial quoted fee was too high for his input (as he perceived it then), so he declined and walked away . But at the end of the day, when he went back to Edgar, he still paid the man's fees which had now doubled. It was his lack of experience in realising Edgar's value, that made him walk away initially. But I like Edgar. The man knew his own worth, and didn't sell himself short. cool

With Remi, he was trying to take precautions against being jinxed, by people from back home in Naija. He had nothing against Remi personally. And Remi never asked for a cut of his deal, did he? So where does greed come into it? shocked

I felt excruciating pains on the outcome of this adventure!
I actually shed tears for him!
He deserved to win that bid!
Petrogas didn't do one-quarter of what this guy did!
I still don't understand why he didn't insist on his proposition of the total abandex plus USD 50M.
To me, it was clear-cut deal maker (I didn't get to the end then)
Honestly, the failed deal closure could burn a sane mind out (I'd be disabled for life with that kind of blow)

I don't like folks like Edgar.......at least, matters of principles, fairness, honor, sportsmanship spirit & consideration should make him take same he demanded initially.
I felt for him Sir

Are you Laudate of old sane Nairaland?
What happened to it?
I missed you ohhh

3 Likes

Re: Paddy Adenuga: "I Nearly Acquired Chevron Netherlands At 29" by MOBBDEEP: 6:18pm On Feb 05, 2018
LaudateII:

"Exploit the greed of the African politician?" In what way, please? And you said "the company might be more of a portfolio company that is struggling to survive in the home state but raking in millions of dollars in Africa..." How? Are you on the board of the company, or you just jumped to an ill-founded conclusion? shocked
Glambo was right!
Even Paddy himself attested to the moribund/dicey outlook of the magnate.......the reason why his seasoned financiers & advisors were positing $1 as payment because it was all liability.
The game changer was the original intent for the merger or acquisition.........positioning himself with goodwill to lurch into the African oil world!

1 Like

Re: Paddy Adenuga: "I Nearly Acquired Chevron Netherlands At 29" by LaudateII: 6:48pm On Feb 05, 2018
MOBBDEEP:
I still don't understand why he didn't insist on his proposition of the total abandex plus USD 50M.
Honestly, the failed deal closure could burn a sane mind out (I'd be disabled for life with that kind of blow)

I don't like folks like Edgar.......at least, matters of principles, fairness, honor, sportsmanship spirit & consideration should make him take same he demanded initially.
I felt for him Sir

What happened to it?
I missed you ohhh
I know what you mean! That deal was such a near miss for him! Quite painful. Yes, the mods decided to play ludo with my old moniker.....but God pass dem! cheesy
Re: Paddy Adenuga: "I Nearly Acquired Chevron Netherlands At 29" by glambo(m): 10:24pm On Feb 05, 2018
MOBBDEEP:

Glambo was right!
Even Paddy himself attested to the moribund/dicey outlook of the magnate.......the reason why his seasoned financiers & advisors were positing $1 as payment because it was all liability.
The game changer was the original intent for the merger or acquisition.........positioning himself with goodwill to lurch into the African oil world!

Thanks for reading in between the lines and discover the motive behind, D wanting to acquire company.
Re: Paddy Adenuga: "I Nearly Acquired Chevron Netherlands At 29" by ini4brandon(m): 8:09am On Feb 17, 2018
Exactly bro, reading Paddy's piece with an open mind is key.
SmartyPants:

Keep an objective mind. Yes it is very human to read an article such as this one with the natural prejudice of "who does this privileged brat think he is", but there are some lessons to be learned as well as some important insights into how the highest echelon of the corporate world works, as well as a good dose of humor. Once i pushed my prejudice aside i was able to enjoy this piece and i suggest you do the same.
Re: Paddy Adenuga: "I Nearly Acquired Chevron Netherlands At 29" by Danhumprey: 8:56am On Mar 17, 2018
Re: Paddy Adenuga: "I Nearly Acquired Chevron Netherlands At 29" by americanson: 3:18pm On Sep 03, 2018
MOBBDEEP:

I felt for him Sir

What happened to it?
I missed you ohhh

Sorry to Quote you but Edgar was being a business man and he knows his worth.

1 Like

Re: Paddy Adenuga: "I Nearly Acquired Chevron Netherlands At 29" by americanson: 3:47pm On Sep 03, 2018
LaudateII:

I swear this part got to me! Can you imagine??! shocked For him to have discovered the reason for his failure, staring him in the face - it was his sense of caution that cost him the deal, his failure to trust Remi with information at that time, because he didn't want his deal, to be jinxed by giving out info to a fellow Nigerian! Kai! I would have shed tears, if I was in his shoes! cheesy

You are so-oo-oo right!! cool And that is why we keep repeating the same mistakes over and over again as Nigerians, both in our public and private lives. We learn nothing, from our failures and our past experiences. Why?? shocked
i told someone on facebook about this as the cause of his failure but dude felt it was the best to keep such info.

There is this mentality among Nigerians of being bewitched should they know what you are working on.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Paddy Adenuga: "I Nearly Acquired Chevron Netherlands At 29" by CeterisXVII: 4:17pm On Aug 22, 2019
What a great thread. Paddy Adenuga should write another article, please!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How To Link Your BVN To Your Gtbank Acct Via Any Atms Nationwide. / Man In Suit Selling Suya In Ikorodu, Lagos (photos) / Dangote Gifts Police 150 Cars (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.