Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,246 members, 7,818,839 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

"Atheists Are Smarter Than Religious People"!!!---recent Study - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Atheists Are Smarter Than Religious People"!!!---recent Study (1888 Views)

Man Slams Religious People Who Criticize Women Who Do Plastic Surgery / Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours / Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Atheists Are Smarter Than Religious People"!!!---recent Study by Zither(m): 9:00pm On Feb 01, 2018
hahn:

Jesus is not a historical figure. He is a product of myth undecided

Smart atheist. Smarter than historians and archeologists. grin

1 Like

Re: "Atheists Are Smarter Than Religious People"!!!---recent Study by adepeter2027(m): 9:51pm On Feb 01, 2018
Zither:

Any historic evidence(s) and archeological evidence(s) of a Biblical Jesus outside the Bible? Can you present these evidences?

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "Atheists Are Smarter Than Religious People"!!!---recent Study by danvon(m): 10:02pm On Feb 01, 2018
adepeter2027:

Any historic evidence(s) and archeological evidence(s) of a Biblical Jesus outside the Bible? Can you present these evidences?
I dunno please can you explain the meaning of BC to me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Atheists Are Smarter Than Religious People"!!!---recent Study by hahn(m): 12:22am On Feb 02, 2018
Zither:

Can you give me historical and archaeological evidence that Jesus actually existed? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Atheists Are Smarter Than Religious People"!!!---recent Study by hahn(m): 12:23am On Feb 02, 2018
budaatum:

Salud.
Where you been?

2 month ban o grin
Re: "Atheists Are Smarter Than Religious People"!!!---recent Study by hahn(m): 12:32am On Feb 02, 2018
danvon:
I dunno please can you explain the meaning of BC to me

E be like say you and google dey quarrel

Anno Domini
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"AD" and "Before Christ" redirect here. For other uses, see Anno Domini (disambiguation) and AD (disambiguation).

Anno Domini inscription at a cathedral in Carinthia, Austria.
The terms anno Domini[a][1][2] (AD) and before Christ[3][4][5][6] (BC) are used to label or number years in the Julian and Gregorian calendars. The term anno Domini is Medieval Latin and means "in the year of the Lord",[7] but is often presented using "our Lord" instead of "the Lord",[8][9] taken from the full original phrase "anno Domini nostri Jesu Christi", which translates to "in the year of our Lord Jesus Christ".

This calendar era is based on the traditionally reckoned year of the conception or birth of Jesus of Nazareth, with AD counting years from the start of this epoch, and BC denoting years before the start of the era. There is no year zero in this scheme, so the year AD 1 immediately follows the year 1 BC. This dating system was devised in 525 by Dionysius Exiguus of Scythia Minor, but was not widely used until after 800.[10][11]

The Gregorian calendar is the most widely used calendar in the world today. For decades, it has been the unofficial global standard, adopted in the pragmatic interests of international communication, transportation, and commercial integration, and recognized by international institutions such as the United Nations.[12]

Traditionally, English followed Latin usage by placing the "AD" abbreviation before the year number.[b] However, BC is placed after the year number (for example: AD 2018, but 68 BC), which also preserves syntactic order. The abbreviation is also widely used after the number of a century or millennium, as in "fourth century AD" or "second millennium AD" (although conservative usage formerly rejected such expressions).[14] Because BC is the English abbreviation for Before Christ, it is sometimes incorrectly concluded that AD means After Death, i.e., after the death of Jesus. However, this would mean that the approximate 33 years commonly associated with the life of Jesus would neither be included in the BC nor the AD time scales.[15]

Terminology that is viewed by some as being more neutral and inclusive of non-Christian people is to call this the Current or Common Era (abbreviated as CE), with the preceding years referred to as Before the Common or Current Era (BCE). Astronomical year numbering and ISO 8601 avoid words or abbreviations related to Christianity, but use the same numbers for AD years.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anno_Domini

It is important you read the whole article though smiley
Re: "Atheists Are Smarter Than Religious People"!!!---recent Study by budaatum: 12:34am On Feb 02, 2018
hahn:

2 month ban o grin
What did you do?!
Re: "Atheists Are Smarter Than Religious People"!!!---recent Study by budaatum: 12:41am On Feb 02, 2018
danvon:
Too bad that these intelligent atheist won't share their 'logical truth' With us
They do you know. In fact, they can't bloody shut up! Just google Atheist, or search through threads on here to know.
Re: "Atheists Are Smarter Than Religious People"!!!---recent Study by danvon(m): 12:46am On Feb 02, 2018
budaatum:

They do you know. In fact, they can't bloody shut up! Just google Atheist, or search through threads on here to know.
Na all they do is blow sentiments the same thing they are supposed to be against, they never use logic I've read an atheist book once very convincing, but most atheist don't have that reasoning especially the ones on nairaland
Re: "Atheists Are Smarter Than Religious People"!!!---recent Study by hahn(m): 12:49am On Feb 02, 2018
budaatum:

What did you do?!

So one guy posted a video of him "disappearing" and I called him a fool

Then another fool banned me

grin
Re: "Atheists Are Smarter Than Religious People"!!!---recent Study by hahn(m): 12:50am On Feb 02, 2018
danvon:
Na all they do is blow sentiments the same thing they are supposed to be against, they never use logic I've read an atheist book once very convincing, but most atheist don't have that reasoning especially the ones on nairaland

You wouldn't know what logic is if it hits you in the face and fvcks you in the ass with a lawnmower undecided
Re: "Atheists Are Smarter Than Religious People"!!!---recent Study by danvon(m): 12:52am On Feb 02, 2018
hahn:

You wouldn't know what logic is if it hits you in the face and fvcks you in the ass with a lawnmower undecided
Of course I won't
Logic is when you see something strange (Hallucination)
When you don't see something strange (delusion)

Maybe you can enlighten me
Re: "Atheists Are Smarter Than Religious People"!!!---recent Study by hahn(m): 12:57am On Feb 02, 2018
danvon:

Of course I won't
Logic is when you see something strange (Hallucination)
When you don't see something strange (delusion)

Maybe you can enlighten me

Bros good night

I'd rather waste my time watching #bbnaija

1 Like

Re: "Atheists Are Smarter Than Religious People"!!!---recent Study by danvon(m): 12:58am On Feb 02, 2018
hahn:

Bros good night

I'd rather waste my time watching #bbnaija
Okay o (typical Nairaland Atheist) Good night jawe
Re: "Atheists Are Smarter Than Religious People"!!!---recent Study by budaatum: 1:03am On Feb 02, 2018
danvon:
Really? I am going to follow you for awhile to see some of the posts you're reading. I personally find some good stuff on here myself.

Have you seen joseph1013's thread? Op puts a lot of thought into his writing, and it doesn't seem like he's trying to convince. It's my current favorite thread.

Might I suggest you stop trying to be convinced. It's not like religion, which aims to make you a believer.
Re: "Atheists Are Smarter Than Religious People"!!!---recent Study by danvon(m): 1:06am On Feb 02, 2018
budaatum:

Really? I am going to follow you for awhile to see some of the posts you're reading. I personally find some good stuff on here myself.

Have you seen joseph1013's thread? Op puts a lot of thought into his writing, and it doesn't seem like he's trying to convince. It's my current favorite thread.

Might I suggest you stop trying to be convinced. It's not like religion, which aims to make you a believer.
That's what I was just reading
Re: "Atheists Are Smarter Than Religious People"!!!---recent Study by budaatum: 1:12am On Feb 02, 2018
danvon:
That's what I was just reading
Let me know what you make of it.
Re: "Atheists Are Smarter Than Religious People"!!!---recent Study by danvon(m): 1:22am On Feb 02, 2018
budaatum:

Look I'm reading it it sounds like hardmirror story, I can never ever ever be an atheist the closest I would be is a Satanist, just let me hear his own version
Re: "Atheists Are Smarter Than Religious People"!!!---recent Study by Nobody: 1:38am On Feb 02, 2018
Niflheim:

FULL STORY:

Religious people are, on average, less intelligent than atheists, researchers claim.

With the number of people with a religious belief on the rise – it’s predicted that people with no faith will make up only 13 per cent of the global population by 2050 – numerous studies have explored the relationship between religious convictions and IQ.

And now, in a new paper published in Frontiers in Psychology, researchers say that diminished intelligence among people of faith could be because they largely rely on intuition. It is well established that religiosity correlates inversely with intelligence,” note Richard Daws and Adam Hampshire at Imperial College London.

Surveying more than 63,000 participants online who indicated whether they were atheists, religious or agnostic, each person had to complete a 30-minute set of 12 cognitive tasks that measured planning, reasoning, attention and memory. Overall, the research found that atheists performed better overall than the religious participants even when demographic factors like age and education were taken into consideration. Agnostics mostly placed between atheists and believers on all tasks.

While strength of religious conviction correlated with poorer cognitive performance, the data did show that there were only few small differences in working memory compared to tasks that required reasoning. As such, rather than having poor general intelligence, the researchers say that religious people's lower IQ test results may be a result of bad performance on tasks only where intuition and logic come into conflict.

In fact, one of the reasoning tasks which was a difficult version of the Stroop Task known as “colour-word remapping”, was designed to create maximum conflict between an intuitive response and a logical one. As predicted, this task showed the biggest group differences in keeping with the idea that religious people rely more on their intuition.

“These findings provide evidence in support of the hypothesis that the religiosity effect relates to conflict [between reasoning and intuition] as opposed to reasoning ability or intelligence more generally,” the researchers concluded.

The link:..........................................http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/athiests-religious-people-intelligence-smarter-study-imperial-college-london-a8183131.html

It takes a stupidd person to be religious.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Atheists Are Smarter Than Religious People"!!!---recent Study by danvon(m): 2:25am On Feb 02, 2018
budaatum:

I think it's just another atheist bashing religion more specifically Christianity for 67 pages at that

2 Likes

Re: "Atheists Are Smarter Than Religious People"!!!---recent Study by terrezo2002(m): 6:39am On Feb 02, 2018
Atheists are intelligent in asking foolish questions.
Wisdom is knowing that you didn't form out of a big bang theory, but created by a God
Re: "Atheists Are Smarter Than Religious People"!!!---recent Study by hahn(m): 8:06am On Feb 02, 2018
danvon:
Okay o (typical Nairaland Atheist) Good night jawe

Typical Nigerian

Has no point to make but expects a conversation based on fairytales and emotion to go on forever undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Atheists Are Smarter Than Religious People"!!!---recent Study by danvon(m): 9:18am On Feb 02, 2018
hahn:

Typical Nigerian

Has no point to make but expects a conversation based on fairytales and emotion to go on forever undecided
so your not Nigerian?
Re: "Atheists Are Smarter Than Religious People"!!!---recent Study by budaatum: 1:15pm On Feb 02, 2018
danvon:
I think it's just another atheist bashing religion more specifically Christianity for 67 pages at that
Yep "bashing", though I would call it 'critiquing', which to me is essential. History has shown that a proper analysis of religion - including its books, doctrine, practise, beliefs, gods and so on - allows for better understanding of existence and better use of that which we claim is divine and incomprehensible.

You would hardly see an English person pick up a bible to read today for instance, but you would see what people assume to be solely biblical principles (love, charity), practised extensively in their daily dealings with people. I claim the Bible is even written in the lines on the roads. People sure seem to obey them like god put them there.

One need not be an atheist is my point, but adopting a believe uncritically..... well ones choice I guess. There are many believers getting on with their lives without some atheist ridiculing their beliefs. But expect to be questioned if you come on here and say everyone should believe too.

1 Like

Re: "Atheists Are Smarter Than Religious People"!!!---recent Study by hahn(m): 8:23pm On Feb 03, 2018
hahn:

Can you give me historical and archaeological evidence that Jesus actually existed? undecided

@zither, how far na? undecided
Re: "Atheists Are Smarter Than Religious People"!!!---recent Study by Zither(m): 9:37pm On Feb 03, 2018
hahn:

@zither, how far na? undecided

Very near. Been busy lately but will post an answer soonest. You can count on that.
Re: "Atheists Are Smarter Than Religious People"!!!---recent Study by Jobesi(m): 10:41pm On Feb 03, 2018
Xiadnat:

Atheism is a belief system AND a philosophical view of origin (or lack of it) of life. End of story.

The height of stupidity and foolishness is when you look at the grand design, purpose and intelligence in nature, universe and yourself AND say it occurred out of random chance w/ no clear explanation and no DESIGNER and no ENGINEER behind them.

While toothfairy and [b]zeus might be mythology, the nature and the universe and the gravity keeping you grounded and the oxygen you breath that is keeping you alive are NOT myth--- therefore their existence not a myth, therefore by logic, their origin (and creator) are not a myth.[/b]

Atheism is also a myth because it is denying facts-- that is someone was/is responsible for this universe.

Pure and simple. Just say you don't want to answer to someone for your actions in this world, but stop using "does not exist" as an excuse.

BTW: there are loads of great scientific "intelligent" minds that are non-atheists. I am one of them.
Use google. In fact, Einsten and Newton comes to mind. A lot of ivy league academic centers like Harvard were started by Christians and in fact, you can still find vestigial forms of this in many academic centers.
Zeus was actually considered a god by the ancient Greeks...........now what makes u think dey weren't right nd Christians r jst on the wrong side.
Re: "Atheists Are Smarter Than Religious People"!!!---recent Study by hahn(m): 6:46pm On Feb 04, 2018
Zither:

Very near. Been busy lately but will post an answer soonest. You can count on that.

Just like that time when Jesus said he will come back soon abi? smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Donation To The Atheist. I Found IT / Can Demons Possess A Christian? / Christianity And Islam Are EVIL!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.