Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

South African Man Living With HIV For 19 Years Tells His Story - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / South African Man Living With HIV For 19 Years Tells His Story (29500 Views)

Woman Celebrates Living With HIV For 22 Years (Photos) / Disabled Young Man On Crutches Shares His Story (Photos) / Transformation Photos Of A Lady Living With HIV In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

South African Man Living With HIV For 19 Years Tells His Story by HeWrites(m): 3:24am On Feb 01, 2018
A young South African man and a Twitter user identified as Lihle (@JuniorLihle2), has taken to the social networking platform and bravely revealed that he has been living with HIV for 19 years.

Lihle, who made the shocking revelation about his status in a Twitter thread on January 24, titled his thread: “The story of my life. Been HIV (positive) for 19 years. Here is how I found out.”

According to the young man, when he was five, he started wondering why he was taking medication every day. His dad couldn’t immediately give him an answer.

He later asked Lihle, “Have you ever heard of HIV?” Lihle responded, “Yes, you die when you have it.” He asked his mother the same question when he was a little older.

Lihle further explained that his status remained a secret in the family. In fact, only he and his parents knew about it.

However, he said he felt safe to let everyone know about his status now that he has finished high school.

Narrating further, he wrote;
“Luckily my mom she’s the nurse . She then set me down and told me I’m HIV positive and she tried to explain that it’s not the end of the world ,but I was far with away with my thoughts. Did not hear a word that time .

“Time went by. It was a secret for the three of us in the family. No one knew even now. Since now that i have finished my high school and that i understand it better, I feel safe to let everyone know about my status. HIV doesn’t define who you are.”

https://torimill.com/2018/02/brave-young-guy-who-has-been-happily-living-with-hiv-for-19-years-shares-his-story.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South African Man Living With HIV For 19 Years Tells His Story by Colleverage: 3:26am On Feb 01, 2018
grin if na Nigerian na e go infect everybody

18 Likes

Re: South African Man Living With HIV For 19 Years Tells His Story by KardinalZik(m): 3:46am On Feb 01, 2018
No one lives happily with HIV.
He doesn't have a choice!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: South African Man Living With HIV For 19 Years Tells His Story by Papanwamaikpe: 6:07am On Feb 01, 2018
RIP in advance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South African Man Living With HIV For 19 Years Tells His Story by francescainnoce(f): 11:37am On Feb 01, 2018
Such a brave lad. We can only pray for Gods courage to carry you on. Courage to be brave at all times and to be above everything, a productive human.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South African Man Living With HIV For 19 Years Tells His Story by Mayydayy(m): 11:37am On Feb 01, 2018
HIV is not the end.for some,its the beginning. They suddenly find a reason to fight and live.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: South African Man Living With HIV For 19 Years Tells His Story by Nobody: 11:37am On Feb 01, 2018
So where is the HIV undecided

6 Likes

Re: South African Man Living With HIV For 19 Years Tells His Story by wittyt98(m): 11:38am On Feb 01, 2018
one's got to be really careful out there when konji calls

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: South African Man Living With HIV For 19 Years Tells His Story by mommaJ(f): 11:38am On Feb 01, 2018
GOOD DAY NAIRALANDERS.I M STILL HERE...DONT GIVE UP ON ME YET https://www.nairaland.com/4312232/husbanda-good-man-help#64524181
Re: South African Man Living With HIV For 19 Years Tells His Story by francescainnoce(f): 11:38am On Feb 01, 2018
Papanwamaikpe:
RIP in advance

I honestly think that's a very rude and unfair thing to say. sincerely talk is really cheap but the consequences far outweigh what your strength can carry.

82 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South African Man Living With HIV For 19 Years Tells His Story by MhizzAJ(f): 11:38am On Feb 01, 2018
Eeeyah
Re: South African Man Living With HIV For 19 Years Tells His Story by EweduAfonja(f): 11:38am On Feb 01, 2018
Ayam not commentin biko
Re: South African Man Living With HIV For 19 Years Tells His Story by dayleke: 11:39am On Feb 01, 2018
It is well....

Him dey pout too?
Re: South African Man Living With HIV For 19 Years Tells His Story by AdolfHitlerxXx: 11:40am On Feb 01, 2018
Warning to all the skin-divers.

Over 3 million Nigerians have HIV (UNAIDS 2016)

If you count, you would see ALL those you meet in school - Primary, Secondary, and University are not close to that number.

It simply means they are many and among us. Reduce the number of partners you have...condomize!

If a girl / guy says "I prefer no condom" it implies he/she has already tasted how sweet Skin-to-Skin is. FLEE!!!!

13 Likes

Re: South African Man Living With HIV For 19 Years Tells His Story by blessedmeme: 11:41am On Feb 01, 2018
Deadly disease, its not easy living with the virus. God will keep strengthening you
Re: South African Man Living With HIV For 19 Years Tells His Story by dayleke: 11:41am On Feb 01, 2018
What's wrong with the first pic?

He is a young lad, right?
Re: South African Man Living With HIV For 19 Years Tells His Story by RexTramadol1: 11:41am On Feb 01, 2018
Something must kill a man

If not HIV, trailer can crush him or sth else

So, that he has HIV no be say make we kuku hang am.
Re: South African Man Living With HIV For 19 Years Tells His Story by boardmem(m): 11:43am On Feb 01, 2018
Papanwamaikpe:
RIP in advance

Surprisingly u might die b4 him..............................................!

41 Likes

Re: South African Man Living With HIV For 19 Years Tells His Story by 2lateBiafra: 11:44am On Feb 01, 2018
Papanwamaikpe:
RIP in advance

U nko, u no go die til Jesus comes abi

9 Likes

Re: South African Man Living With HIV For 19 Years Tells His Story by FeddysWorld(m): 11:45am On Feb 01, 2018
Papanwamaikpe:
RIP in advance

Death comes in different ways. Just because he has HIV doesn't mean he will die before you. Check how many of you relatives have died within the 19years and probably they didn't have HIV. Dont wish him that because you might die before him even if you dont have HIV

27 Likes

Re: South African Man Living With HIV For 19 Years Tells His Story by Goddyj(m): 11:48am On Feb 01, 2018
Papanwamaikpe:
RIP in advance
SMH for you

11 Likes

Re: South African Man Living With HIV For 19 Years Tells His Story by Lagbaja01(m): 11:55am On Feb 01, 2018
His story did not add up.....was he born with HIV? Or how did a 5yrs old boy got infected?

2 Likes

Re: South African Man Living With HIV For 19 Years Tells His Story by Jfrankination(m): 11:57am On Feb 01, 2018
He looks like Miss Kedike, chidinma i mean. lol

2 Likes

Re: South African Man Living With HIV For 19 Years Tells His Story by Nobody: 11:57am On Feb 01, 2018
Papanwamaikpe:
RIP in advance
sad
Re: South African Man Living With HIV For 19 Years Tells His Story by Charles9ice: 12:02pm On Feb 01, 2018
God please help this soul, he's suffering from what he does not no about, bro you have a heart of gold, if it were to be some other guys never minding how they got it, the next thing is to start infecting people with it. God will keep you till the last day he has ordain you to live.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: South African Man Living With HIV For 19 Years Tells His Story by NovaCare: 12:06pm On Feb 01, 2018
Ignorance kills people faster than HIV/AIDS. HIV is completely reversible and totally curable but millions of people don't know this and they end up either dying or living a life of taking cocktails of medication daily.

3 Likes

Re: South African Man Living With HIV For 19 Years Tells His Story by blont(m): 12:13pm On Feb 01, 2018
KardinalZik:
No one lives happily with HIV.

He doesn't have a choice!

How do you know, do you have HIV?

2 Likes

Re: South African Man Living With HIV For 19 Years Tells His Story by eyinjuege: 12:13pm On Feb 01, 2018
Many people with diabetes, hypertension will still die before him. Infact, road traffic accident will still kill some today
HIV is just a chronic disease. Nothing more.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Japanese Students Pay N43,000 An Hour For Smiling Lessons / "Thousands Of Doctors Could Be Considering Leaving The UK" - GMC / Little Girl Dies Of Ear Infection After 3 Lagos Hospitals Failed To Treat Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.