Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,906 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

I Need An Advise On Oman Country? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Need An Advise On Oman Country? (4320 Views)

I Need Advise On The Best Way To Get PTA From The Bank / Nigerian Lady Sold As A Sex Slave/housemaid In Oman Cries Out For Help! Video! / Nigerian Hairdresser Tricked To Oman, Turned To A Slave, Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need An Advise On Oman Country? by africanjarule: 9:22am On Feb 01, 2018
Hello guys, am here again to hear from any one who has been in oman country before. I have a sister that she just collected her international passport yesterday and she choose oman as the first country to travel to and gain some exprience about traveling at least she want to spend 2 years in oman before she will plan to get Canada visa can anyone enlighten her how oman country his compare to dubai? Guys put her through thanks.
Re: I Need An Advise On Oman Country? by sholajigga(m): 7:06am On Feb 02, 2018
My sister also went to Oman to build traveling experience.

To cut the long story short, an agent helped her with the Work visa from here, unfortunately she didn’t know it was some nanny job.

She got tired of the place and wanted to come home, it was then she knew the agent signed her away for 2 years and her employers said they won’t let her go until the time lapses.

Oman to me seems like BAD NEWS.

Ps; Dubai is just 4/5 hours away from Oman.
Re: I Need An Advise On Oman Country? by africanjarule: 10:33am On Feb 02, 2018
sholajigga:
My sister also went to Oman to build traveling experience.

To cut the long story short, an agent helped her with the Work visa from here, unfortunately she didn’t know it was some nanny job.

She got tired of the place and wanted to come home, it was then she knew the agent signed her away for 2 years and her employers said they won’t let her go until the time lapses.

Oman to me seems like BAD NEWS.

Ps; Dubai is just 4/5 hours away from Oman.
Does it mean that oman country is not the place somebody plan to go to? Please I want details about the country because my sister is about to start process oman visa the reason am asking all this is that his her church pastor that want to aside her on both visa and financially
Re: I Need An Advise On Oman Country? by sholajigga(m): 10:35am On Feb 02, 2018
africanjarule:
Does it mean that oman country is not the place somebody plan to go to? Please I want details about the country because my sister is about to start process oman visa the reason am asking all this is that his her church pastor that want to aside her on both visa and financially

Are you hiring an agent to help her with the process?

Have you confirmed the nature of job?

This agents will tell you company work, you get there and it’s housemaid work.
Re: I Need An Advise On Oman Country? by africanjarule: 9:57am On Feb 03, 2018
sholajigga:

Are you hiring an agent to help her with the process?

Have you confirmed the nature of job?

This agents will tell you company work, you get there and it’s housemaid work.
the person that want to help her said it maybe hairdressing work or teaching but not sure yet the type of work they want get for her though that my sister is a hairdresser who also finished her NCE 5 years ago.
Re: I Need An Advise On Oman Country? by sholajigga(m): 10:09am On Feb 03, 2018
From little that I know, the agent should be specific about the type of job. All this maybe hairdressing or teaching job are red flags.

Verify and be assured the kind of work she’s going to do when she gets there.

My sister was promised an architect job with a firm because she graduated with 1st class in architecture.

Only to get there she was confined to a nanny job.

africanjarule:
the person that want to help her said it maybe hairdressing work or teaching but not sure yet the type of work they want get for her though that my sister is a hairdresser who also finished her NCE 5 years ago.

1 Like

Re: I Need An Advise On Oman Country? by africanjarule: 10:56am On Feb 03, 2018
sholajigga:
From little that I know, the agent should be specific about the type of job. All this maybe hairdressing or teaching job are red flags.

Verify and be assured the kind of work she’s going to do when she gets there.

My sister was promised an architect job with a firm because she graduated with 1st class in architecture.

Only to get there she was confined to a nanny job.

thanks for the info I will do more findings about it
Re: I Need An Advise On Oman Country? by sholajigga(m): 10:59am On Feb 03, 2018
Also, update the thread on how things are going so someone else might benefit from it.

africanjarule:
thanks for the info I will do more findings about it
Re: I Need An Advise On Oman Country? by africanjarule: 11:14am On Feb 03, 2018
sholajigga:
Also, update the thread on how things are going so someone else might benefit from it.

OK I will
Re: I Need An Advise On Oman Country? by chukxie(m): 4:31pm On Feb 03, 2018
Run oooo! I've heard lots of stories of migrants being maltreated in Oman. No go ooo!
Re: I Need An Advise On Oman Country? by sharpwriter(m): 7:51pm On Feb 16, 2018
africanjarule:
Hello guys, am here again to hear from any one who has been in oman country before. I have a sister that she just collected her international passport yesterday and she choose oman as the first country to travel to and gain some exprience about traveling at least she want to spend 2 years in oman before she will plan to get Canada visa can anyone enlighten her how oman country his compare to dubai? Guys put her through thanks.

If you love your sister, better tell her to quit the journey. It is mostly nanny job, and they will treat her like a dog. If she complains,her employer may seize her travelling documents, and yu will never win against them even with their police. Another threat is the vulnerability to rape on consistent basis. In fact, the arab countries are bad news. Tell her to Run, and I say, Run again!!!

1 Like

Re: I Need An Advise On Oman Country? by Jorussia(m): 7:59pm On Feb 16, 2018
Oman na bad news abeg.Dubai is better than oman,just that you will need a visa that as job attach to it for u to enjoy Dubai.
Re: I Need An Advise On Oman Country? by Tokziby: 11:35pm On Feb 16, 2018
better still, tell ur sister to collect the money and start her own business. Forget Oman, even their citizens dey struggle to drive taxi unlike their Dubai or Qatari neighbor. Whoever that is trying to help her is probably going to end up exploiting her. There are no such things as hairdresser job, cos their saloons are for arab hairs not african hair. secondly, the only visa available to travel there is visit visa cos if its employment visa then it means they already found a nanny job for her cos thats the easiest and quickest employment visa u can get.
My advice to any one aspiring to travel to any middle eastern country, do not go with a visit visa except its an employment visa. reason being that u will spend up to 1 million naira and above and u will still not get employed cos the market is over saturated. The cost of visa, ticket (return), agents trying to get a job for u that can cost u extra 500k, feeding and accommodation for about 3 months.
Re: I Need An Advise On Oman Country? by meekmill(m): 9:03pm On Apr 20, 2018
africanjarule:

Hey bro , so how is oman?

(1) (Reply)

Is Malta A Good Country To Live In? / How Possible Is Relocating To Algeria? / Sights And Sounds Of Rwanda- Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.