Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,576 members, 7,816,420 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State (70319 Views)

Marriage Orientation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by Olalekan92: 11:14am On Feb 02, 2018
zaxworth:
Muslims, you people are fools, The Author is an asshole.
This country will do well without this idol worshipping muslims.

They behave like insurgents,wicked and evil people.
Nigeria is not afghanistan or pakistan
You people are too backward.

Continue to deceive yourselves with islam
Wild Animals
we muslims worship creator and not creation like d one that died on cross ignorant fool
Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by ochallo: 11:14am On Feb 02, 2018
Thank you for writing this piece, as you have given us a first hand journey into the mind of a religious bigot.

What struck me most, was that you believe you were called to be an imam because of your untrimmed beards and you also perceived the ladies to be like you because they were covered. This goes on to justify the arguments i have heard about all those religious practices being about identity intended to manipulate perception. That is why the hijab girl would rather stay outside than become a lawyer where she can change lives.

Now imagine if you had very little education and someone offered you a small explosive to go and put on the parade ground in the name of allah?

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by ollah2: 11:14am On Feb 02, 2018
pol23:

Please let's get this straight...I've been approached by Muslim several times too on the road but non has come knocking my door.
I'm just of the opinion that we should all be able to tolerate one another...
There should be peaceful coexistence among all irrespective of language,religion or skin colour.
Having to swear a oat before I can comment on your threads when you don't have to do the same on mine....just think about it.
I'm not a religious fanatic,many things are wrong about Christian too,mostly the pastors ...but that's not the point of debate here.
TOLERANCE.

If you aren't a religious fanatic like you claim and also tolerant then you will send your grievance towards the direction of the owner of this forum who is an ATHEIST but no, your problems are Muslims. They are the ones that hacked Nairaland and placed that oath there for non muslims.

So much for "tolerant Christians"

3 Likes

Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by ollah2: 11:16am On Feb 02, 2018
zaxworth:
Muslims, you people are fools, The Author is an asshole.
This country will do well without this idol worshipping muslims.

They behave like insurgents,wicked and evil people.
Nigeria is not afghanistan or pakistan
You people are too backward.

Continue to deceive yourselves with islam
Wild Animals

Yet some people will question why an oath exist on Muslims threads. Muslims will never go down on christian threads to derail it, attack them or their faith yet Muslims are the ones not tolerant
Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by pol23: 11:16am On Feb 02, 2018
ollah2:

If you aren't a religious fanatic like you claim and also tolerant then you will send grievance towards ths direction of this forum who is an ATHEIST but no, your problems is Muslims. They are the ones that hacked Nairaland and placed that oath there for non Christians.

So much for "tolerant Christians"
My brother I can't decode this your comment oo,perhaps a simple English will help me.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by Humanistme: 11:16am On Feb 02, 2018
ochallo:
Thank you for writing this piece, as you have given us a first hand journey into the mind of a religious bigot.

What struck me most, was that you believe you were called to be an imam because of your untrimmed beards and you also perceived the ladies to be like you because they were covered. This goes on to justify the arguments i have heard about all those religious practices being about identity intended to manipulate perception. That is why the hijab girl would rather stay outside than become a lawyer where she can change lives.

Now imagine if you had very little education and someone offered you a small explosive to go and put on the parade ground in the name of allah?

exactly

3 Likes

Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by Nobody: 11:17am On Feb 02, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

So were they forced to go to camp? Were they forced to free mixed with men all those times? were they forced to loose their bashfulness? Were they forced to apply make-up while going out? Were they forced to....
It is what it is. I just said it as it is. Even at 'Eid gathering they do same! So i don't think i'm in anyway hypocritical here.

Actually. Yes, youth service is compulsory for everyone who hopes to get a job except if you're one of those Draconian Muslims who believe women shouldn't work. The nature of camps forces at least men and women to be in the same place so they might mingle but like I said this is the fault of the system.

And what do you mean even at Eid gathering they do the the same?

You mean fratenize. Well i don't know what type of mosques you lot have but only female children are allowed to pray where men are praying here. The women have a separate section with separate entrances and exits where you won't even know they are in the mosque. In most cases they actually don't even go to the mosque for Eid. So please elaborate as to what that ignorant statement means.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by ollah2: 11:18am On Feb 02, 2018
pol23:

My brother I can't decode this your comment oo,perhaps a simple English will help me.

Ok then
Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by Rashduct4luv(m): 11:18am On Feb 02, 2018
ochallo:

See another tolerant non-Muslim again!

1 Like

Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by Nobody: 11:20am On Feb 02, 2018
AbdelKabir:

This is an issue of religion, and you are asking a "kaafir" about mas'alatud deeniyyah
pls bro avoid the guy pls
Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by dyemida(m): 11:30am On Feb 02, 2018
ollah2:

Some of your just write without using your brains. The owner of this thread is a sworn atheist. He makes his rules according to his wish, he placed the rule there but the bigotry and intolerance in you blame Muslims for that.

This thread is a Muslim thread and like always, it will he hijacked by Christians inorder to ridicule them yet Muslims are intolerant .

Churches exist virtually everywhere, you are preached to join Christianity on the road, buses, they will invade your house, et al telling folks their gods is false and ONLY Christians are destined to go heaven yet Muslims are the ones not tolerant.

The bigotry, sentiments, hatred and intolerance in most of you stinks to high heavens

You are obviously a confused fellow. People like you and the author of this thread are the reason why this country would always experience set backs.

People like you would make togetherness difficult, always looking for the bad in the other. Self righteous bigots.

You spend quality time you should have used in thinking on the way forward for this country on other people way of life.

Unity is not a word in our vocabulary!!!

How can we progress??

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by Pataricatering(f): 11:30am On Feb 02, 2018
pol23:

Please let's get this straight...I've been approached by Muslim several times too on the road but non has come knocking my door.
I'm just of the opinion that we should all be able to tolerate one another...
There should be peaceful coexistence among all irrespective of language,religion or skin colour.
Having to swear a oat before I can comment on your threads when you don't have to do the same on mine....just think about it.
I'm not a religious fanatic,many things are wrong about Christian too,mostly the pastors ...but that's not the point of debate here.
TOLERANCE.
where did you get approached by Muslims? That's a lie ! I'm not Muslim but I can confidently tell you lied just to counter the dude s point ! Christians accost people every and anywhere as the guy said and still scream " islamization " ! Muslims NEVER approach people to convert except you go to the mosque or you ask them about Islam !

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by calliope(f): 11:31am On Feb 02, 2018
Sissie:
This thread reeks of too much self righteousness. undecided
Don't mind the sanctimonious fool.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by ikemesit4477: 11:33am On Feb 02, 2018
Sissie:
This thread reeks of too much self righteousness. undecided
my sister! But na them sin pass!

4 Likes

Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by ollah2: 11:34am On Feb 02, 2018
ochallo:

He is overly religious and this exist on both camps or rather all religious camps. We have seen several threads created by Christians showing their saintly attributes but nobody bats an eye on them. Why castigate the op? Ohh he is a Muslim and it's an offence to be one

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by Olameen1713: 11:35am On Feb 02, 2018
[quote author=pol23 post=64716381]I'm not a Muslim to start with...
I just clicked yes...
I don't have any problem with the Islamic faith.
My little issue is with Muslim.
It's a Dynamic world...please try to see people as a total different entity from you and your belives.
Please let's respect one another....
Study have shown that Muslim have zero tolerance,don't you think without God tolerating us all,there won't be anything like humanity again.
Zero tolerance shows in everything about them.
Even before you can comment on their section you have to sign that you are of the same faith...
This to me is part of intolerance.[quote]

I totally agree with you on the issue of tolerance and that's what I also preach. But your example does not tally. If u see the way non Muslims attack Muslim threads you will understand the reason behind barren them to comments.

1 Like

Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by ikemesit4477: 11:39am On Feb 02, 2018
AbdelKabir:
When we saw the condition of the sisters, I asked the da'wah coordinator to start giving naseehah every morning before salaatul fajr, which Alhamdulillaah has been yielding results – may Allaah bless him – although some came behind screen to criticise but we don't care about the criticism as far as our aim is to advise those who will listen and not to force. This is why Fathers and husbands should not force their women in practicing Islam without explaining clearly the implications of not practicing, cuz the first day these sisters came to camp, they were all in khimar, one was even a munaqqobah(veiled)[What is she looking for in the camp to begin with?]. But to my greatest surprise we did not see any bashfulness in them after they removed their khimar, atleast if you disobeyed Allaah by removing your khimar, you should feel naked without your khimar which should lead to shyness but this was not the case.

Rather, they were so free and I got so disappointed and erased the perception I had about them before, the munaqqobah used a handkerchief to cover her face while outfit is tight fitting describing her body, so what's the use of the veil? She was advised but to no avail.

Now what's the motive of this thread?

Firstly after I looked at the NYSC set up, I concluded that what we are being told is 'come to this camp and disobey your lord if you wish to' there is nothing befitting here for a conscious Muslim I said "if you wish to" because those who are keen on not disobeying Allaah will refrain and look for a way out, like a few sisters who refused going to parade and asked me to pls harbour them in the mosque which I gladly did to preserve their religion.

Secondly, disobeying Allaah here in camp can be avoided by men easily, but women? Its extremely difficult cuz you'll have to remove your hijab, so I don't advice, in fact I strongly go against conscious women going to camp. So if you have daughters and you are reading this pls safeguard their religion by not letting them go to camp, if you can don't let the males as well, camp is not a good place to be, that three weeks can destroy the eeman you have once you expose yourself to the fitna. I and some other brothers and sisters got saved cuz we hide in the mosque and the camp commandant is a Muslim that got us covered from being raided by his soldiers, although the camp director is not too happy with that, but he can't do much about that. So what if its not like that in all camps? In fact its not, Benue camp is a good example.

Lastly, teach your children the religion properly, don't just force them, but tell them why they are to do it, they are amana placed on you, you should fear Allaah and nurture them properly, the prophet sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam said:

"Any man whom Allaah has given the authority of ruling some people and he does not look after them in a manner that they should be looked after will never feel even the smell of Paradise."(related by both bukhari and Muslim)

May Allaah guide us all....
bros hijab is meant for the poor!

4 Likes

Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by ollah2: 11:39am On Feb 02, 2018
dyemida:

You are obviously a confused fellow. People like you and the author of this thread are the reason why this country would always experience set backs.

People like you would make togetherness difficult, always looking for the bad in the other. Self righteous bigots.

You spend quality time you should have used in thinking on the way forward for this country on other people way of life.

Unity is not a word in our vocabulary!!!

How can we progress??

When Christians are paid back in their own coin then Muslims become the problem. Did you quote the first member I replied telling him that Christians are the problem? No!

Christians are indeed "torelant"

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by pol23: 11:41am On Feb 02, 2018
Pataricatering:
where did you get approached by Muslims? That's a lie ! I'm not Muslim but I can confidently tell you lied just to counter the dude s point ! Christians accost people every and anywhere as the guy said and still scream " islamization " ! Muslims NEVER approach people to convert except you go to the mosque or you ask them about Islam !
Sharing leaflets on the road.. what do you call that?
Not as often as Christian though...
But I've been approached several times.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by ollah2: 11:41am On Feb 02, 2018
Pataricatering:

Thank you ma'am. But as always Muslims are the problems and intolerant.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by Olalekan92: 11:42am On Feb 02, 2018
ikemesit4477:
my sister! But na them sin pass!
lol, u be Angel to know who sin pass abi u get sinmeter

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by Pataricatering(f): 11:42am On Feb 02, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

So were they forced to go to camp? Were they forced to free mixed with men all those times? were they forced to loose their bashfulness? Were they forced to apply make-up while going out? Were they forced to....
It is what it is. I just said it as it is. Even at 'Eid gathering they do same! So i don't think i'm in anyway hypocritical here.
were you forced to go to camp ? ! You can go to camp but women should not ! Because it's only you that needs nysc certificate for work women don't need it ! I hate hypocrisy !

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by Quality20(m): 11:46am On Feb 02, 2018
nysc camp is one devilish place where many ladies n boys wanna try different fantasies. Married women wanna feel how it feels to sleep with multiple young men in a day. Boys wanna sleep with different figures of women etc
Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by buffalowings: 12:17pm On Feb 02, 2018
Your forefathers wore pants abi
Werey

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 12:23pm On Feb 02, 2018
Olalekan92:
we muslims worship creator and not creation like d one that died on cross ignorant fool
You that you are tolerant don't insult the founder of another religion because if it was yours you would not like it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by mcbau2020: 12:27pm On Feb 02, 2018
DeathStroke007:
STAYING AWAY FROM SINS DOESNT MAKE ANY0NE A MUSLIM. ITS AQEEDAH. there are so many kafir that are so righteous. e.g. ROSUL UNCLE. ABDUL TOLIB
staying away from sin is a sign of piousness, and it is one of the thing that Muslim should be strive to attain. May Allah us firm in his righteous deed
Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by Rashduct4luv(m): 12:27pm On Feb 02, 2018
Pataricatering:
were you forced to go to camp ? ! You can go to camp but women should not ! Because it's only you that needs nysc certificate for work women don't need it ! I hate hypocrisy !
It's not compulsory they work! And this is not hypocrisy!
Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by lovetruth(m): 12:31pm On Feb 02, 2018
pol23:
I'm not a Muslim to start with...
I just clicked yes...
I don't have any problem with the Islamic faith.
My little issue is with Muslim.
It's a Dynamic world...please try to see people as a total different entity from you and your belives.
Please let's respect one another....
Study have shown that Muslim have zero tolerance,don't you think without God tolerating us all,there won't be anything like humanity again.
Zero tolerance shows in everything about them.
Even before you can comment on their section you have to sign that you are of the same faith...
This to me is part of intolerance.
what amaze me is holding of hands or handshake this fanatism look Hw the other guy ordinary question he said he once called him kafir and even the hijab issue Saudi that owns the mode of dressing no get wahala reach dis people. Not a Muslim.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Boy Or Girl Child, Which Is Better? - An Islamic Perspective / NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 / Daily Ramadan Midnight Nafilats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.