Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,353 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State (70317 Views)

Marriage Orientation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by olasaad(f): 12:35pm On Feb 02, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

No, I camped in Jalingo. The camp was easy then cos i had a swollen foot. I do things at my pace and at the start i stayed more at the clinic with the corper doctors. I never jumped all those ropes wink. it was on that endurance trek that my swollen foot was almost gone that i was able to fit my leg into that pink/black boot. I used that leg to redeploy to Abeokuta then. But it healed before i left camp.

Lol Jalingo/Abeokuta 2015.
Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by Sissie(f): 12:56pm On Feb 02, 2018
DevdanSanguine:

And what kind of mosque are you going to where men and women are allowed to mingle such that you can see and take notice of what they are wearing? Even though they are responsible for what they allow you to see do you not know that you are supposed to lower your gaze? And in a mosque? What kind of mosque allows Muslims to dress the way you claim and even pray?

It'd be funny if it weren't so sad. The fact that you blame everyone but yourself for your own weakness. Lower your gaze the Quran said, not go about trying to figure out whether women are wearing panties or not.

True.

What kind of mosque was it that he could observe clearly what they were wearing and even knew what they wore before and during camp.

1 Like

Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by Turantula(m): 12:58pm On Feb 02, 2018
sick! sick!! sick!! ebola!!!!
Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by billyG(m): 1:13pm On Feb 02, 2018
After a Taliban saw ladies without p.....t,to his eyefull he look away....amhadullahi!

5 Likes

Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by Humanistme: 1:22pm On Feb 02, 2018
Sissie:

True.

What kind of mosque was it that he could observe clearly what they were wearing and even knew what they wore before and during camp.

he probably exaggerated the pant issue in order to make the story sweeter Lmao cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by Nobody: 2:23pm On Feb 02, 2018
Sissie:
This thread reeks of too much self righteousness. undecided

Speak good of keep shut... There is nothing here he is simply telling us his experience and to me I learnt a bug lesson
IF YOU STICK TO LAWS OF ALLAH And refuse to compromise sincerely not for public show , Allah will protect you against all evils

Don't let the likes deceive you, there's is no morally condemning a brother and receiving fake likes

4 Likes

Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by Nobody: 2:26pm On Feb 02, 2018
AbdelKabir:

Salaam alaykum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakatuhu

Surah Aal-e-Imran, Verse 185:

وَمَا الْحَيَاةُ الدُّنْيَا إِلَّا مَتَاعُ الْغُرُورِ

The life of this world is only the enjoyment of deception (a deceiving thing).

via iQuran

Around 12a.m I checked my NYSC portal hoping to see that I have been relocated to a northern State(Kano to be precise), but I saw something I didn't want, which is a state in south south, Delta state. Was not happy with this, but I picked myself up with this

Surah Al-Baqara, Verse 216:

وَعَسَىٰ أَن تَكْرَهُوا شَيْئًا وَهُوَ خَيْرٌ لَّكُمْ وَعَسَىٰ أَن تُحِبُّوا شَيْئًا وَهُوَ شَرٌّ لَّكُمْ وَاللَّهُ يَعْلَمُ وَأَنتُمْ لَا تَعْلَمُونَ

And it may be that you dislike a thing which is good for you and that you like a thing which is bad for you. Allah knows but you do not know.

I accepted it because I did ask for guidance from Allaah before choosing the States I chose, so I travelled to delta. When I got to the orientation camp, I was given a number. While going to the multipurpose Hall where the registration process was going on, couldn't complete the registration that day cuz I got there late, when I entered the hostel I was allocated to sleep. Some guys were already "high" on alcohol and were spewing rubbish. Their noise disturbed me from sleeping and I couldn't sleep till after 12 midnight.

Around 3am I got out to fetch water for bathing, to my greatest surprise, I met a very long queue. But something else surprised me more. Girls, coming out almost nude staying on the same queue, no shame, one came out with ordinary towel that did not exceed halfway of her thighs, had to take my eyes away immediately, the males were no better..... Coming out with ordinary briefs.

Then I blamed myself for coming out, I couldn't get water, so I went to the mosque and fortunately they had water there, I fetched from it. When I got to where I was to take my bath at the males' hostel bathroom I saw another thing that surprised me, an open space for bathroom, more than 20 people can enter into it and take their bath with everyone in it having access to each others private part. I couldn't enter cuz I can't imagine myself being in a bathroom with another man in it.

I left that spot and kept my water because I didn't know another place for bathing....so when it got to around 4am, the bugler started blowing his bugle and I went to the mosque briskly so the soldiers won't force me to the parade which will eventually make me miss salaah's time. When I got there, Alhamdulillaah I saw the mosque filled up with brothers and sisters, was happy we had so many Muslims in camp unknown to me that I was wrong, you see why I said so insha Allaah....although most are Hausas.

So.the Imam(who is a batch A corp member) had signs of salafiyyah in him Alhamdulillaah, and I was happy as well cuz I never expected seeing someone upon the sunnah in Delta. A short naseehah was given, and we prayed, then we left for parade........

To be continued insha Allaah......

Don't let any moment deter you... If I tell you finish let me gist you of my own experience and how I became a pampered muslim female
You know your intentions many of us are learning. Even the Prophet faced worse so who are you?

Broke giving us update jare so that we we advise and be with u along the way, even if u see rat tell us you hear? grin..

When you are on right path biggest attackers Wil lie those close to you

Self righteousness ko, self righteousness ni

1 Like

Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by aydi(m): 2:28pm On Feb 02, 2018
In Donald Trumps Voice;

The OP is a Radical Islamic Terrorist and would attempt to blow up the camp at the slightest opportunity.
He should be arrested and immediately bundled out!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by Nobody: 2:35pm On Feb 02, 2018
DeathStroke007:
ofcourse u are a kafir but that doesnt mean we cant benefit from eachother wordly things. so, answer my question if u do not mindg

I MA sure you are not a Muslim.. 100% sure.. Be a due if you were you would know the implication of using such a strong word
Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by Nobody: 2:43pm On Feb 02, 2018
Sissie:

True.

I didn't want to reply this before, but I feel I should, have you ever been to delta camp and know how the mosque is built??

Well the mosque is built in such a way that, the exit and entry is one point...in fact as at last week we were thinking of how to change that by clearing the bush that will form an exit for the sisters, and bi idhnillaah the plan is going on, at least if not for our set, for the coming set insha Allaah....

And the first day I got to camp, I went to the mosque, so I saw sisters on khimar,and after that day, I didn't see such again except a few, the few that later got harboured from the activities....

Let's fear Allaah in all our endeavors, I hope this is not for likes? Because as we can see many of the kuffar are applauding you and one Sufi what does that tell you?

4 Likes

Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by Nobody: 2:44pm On Feb 02, 2018
nurshah:

Don't let any moment deter you... If I tell you finish let me gist you of my own experience and how I became a pampered muslim female
You know your intentions many of us are learning. Even the Prophet faced worse so who are you?

Broke giving us update jare so that we we advise and be with u along the way, even if u see rat tell us you hear? grin..

When you are on right path biggest attackers Wil lie those close to you

Self righteousness ko, self righteousness ni

Pls share your experience, let's learn from you insha Allaah

1 Like

Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by Nobody: 2:59pm On Feb 02, 2018
AbdelKabir:

Pls share your experience, let's learn from you insha Allaah

With out being "self righteous"

Iam fulani from the north and no one in family has served outside Abuja or kaduna. My family ensures they work it out before it comes out

Sooo me being independent over sabi decided to just balance like my family owns Nysc, I didn't bother submitting my details or calling any one. When time came was posted to a yoruba state.

My first day there was hectic, I practically fell I'll due to stress I then wen to the mosque to sleep. Mind you I went with my identity as a Muslim, I wasn't going to compromise because my family was not there to see me or because I was now "free" and an adult

Mind you, that state has more Muslim most especially illy the popular town I was posted from my place, but you won't know they dressing how and some convert.. Iam sure my my brother and sisters who are from any yoruba speaking state can attest to the fact that many families have Christian and Muslim some due to conversion or marriage
Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by Nobody: 3:03pm On Feb 02, 2018
nurshah:

With out being "self righteous"

Iam fulani from the north and no one in family has served outside Abuja or kaduna. My family ensures they work it out before it comes out

Sooo me being independent over sabi decided to just balance like my family owns Nysc, I didn't bother submitting my details or calling any one. When time came was posted to a yoruba state.

My first day there was hectic, I practically fell I'll due to stress I then wen to the mosque to sleep. Mind you I went with my identity as a Muslim, I wasn't going to compromise because my family was not there to see me or because I was now "free" and an adult

Mind you, that state has more Muslim most especially illy the popular town I was posted from my place, but you won't know they dressing how and some convert.. Iam sure my my brother and sisters who are from any yoruba speaking state can attest to the fact that many families have Christian and Muslim some due to conversion or marriage

What was camp like in this unamed Yoruba state
Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by Nobody: 3:06pm On Feb 02, 2018
Part 2

Did I tell you how angry my dad was? [b][/b] any way I still went sha...
Ehen let me tell you something that happened that really hurt me
Getting to camp wasn't a straight route, imagine someone whose whole life had been shelter made to enter different cars just to get to a destination, no plans lands close to camp
So... I was dropped and shown how to crossing major express way and walk into one road like that that will enable me get a cab direct to camp

As I w as walking there were some road Marshalls and one saw me pulling a box then asked me where to I told him I was a corner and explained I did t know way to camp he told me to wait he would assist then their oga or college came and shouted and me and drove me away like a slut angry cry

The others were not happy and insisted I was a corper and so should not be treated like that, they then took me to another side and stopped a hilux truck .. Took the man details and warned him if any thing happens they know him (they know the man) and asked him to drop me off so I believe dressing decently in my identity and Allah made this possible
I was given free rode to camp
Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by Nobody: 3:07pm On Feb 02, 2018
AbdelKabir:

What was camp like in this unamed Yoruba state

No I must remain anonymous and also for avoidance of pple coming to spew Un necessary trash over what I will state
Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by Sissie(f): 3:08pm On Feb 02, 2018
nurshah:

Be careful and work on your manners, only Allah knows the heart of man.. If TRULLY we are to conclude then I can say you lack manners
If truly u want to correct, y not pm him? You dare to want to correct home you need more correction

Sister, respect your self

Am guessing you have manners?? Lol you should have taken your advice and pm me to correct me on my lack of manners na.

Brother/sister respect yourself. grin

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by anthoneg: 3:13pm On Feb 02, 2018
Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by Nobody: 3:14pm On Feb 02, 2018
Part 3

Sooo of course the que was bad and I immediately had high temperature due to stress..
As I layer on floor in mosque a brother saw me and assisted me to an extent.. Next day of course registration continue then I finally collection that their wear

Hmmm.... Thank Goodness of Allah and strength of our brothers, I wore my uniform quite alright but I worse a long white trouser and the indecent one on top and then long white sleeve under the Nysc shirt
I had to get permission to go put and acquire they grudgingly gave me.. But I didn't care
Most of the sisters even from North wore the short trouser even with Nysc permitting us to wear the long shirts
Of course relationships were going on drinking even from our Muslims
But I tried to respect my self in fact I kept to my self and many brothers didn't like me but I don't care.. The few brothers that I knew were decent always looked put for me like an egg
If you respect your self status quo can be hanged for you

I Remember one time we were late then the soldiers came in as you pass they flog you when I pass walahi the soldier didn't touch me and I don't know him

Second time we were asked to roll on the ground when one of the soldiers saw me, every one was forgiven

I shall continue later

SORRY FOR THE GRAMMATICAL Errors, Iam using my phone and typing too fast

1 Like

Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by Nobody: 3:15pm On Feb 02, 2018
Sissie:

Am guessing you have manners?? Lol you should have takekn your advice and pm me to correct me on my lack of manners na.

Brother/sister respect yourself. grin

You attacked your own brother publicly opening doors to ridicule over him go and think that's all I will ever say to you.. I refuse to stoop to the level of engaging you in words
Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by kullozone(m): 3:15pm On Feb 02, 2018
nurshah:

Be careful and work on your manners, only Allah knows the heart of man.. If TRULLY we are to conclude then I can say you lack manners
If truly u want to correct, y not pm him? You dare to want to correct home you need more correction

Sister, respect your self

See this one sef... Why did you quote her? You should have sent her a PM instead.

Hippocrates; Crates for carrying hippos.
Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by Sissie(f): 3:19pm On Feb 02, 2018
nurshah:

You attacked your own brother publicly opening doors to ridicule over him go and think that's all I will ever say to you.. I refuse to stoop to the level of engaging you in words

And you are “attacking” your sister “privately “?

You have been noticed. Now run along.
Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by Nobody: 3:34pm On Feb 02, 2018
AbdelKabir:
When I got to the masjid for salatudh dhuhr, after my salaah, I think I quickly got noticed due to my beard, so the imam called me and asked me couple of questions. Then he explained that he is to be in his place of primary assignment, but to welcome us, he had to leave his ppa. So he needed someone to represent him as the imam and to form some other excos, so he asked me to pls do that. Didn't want to accept it at first due to the amana(trust) tied with it, but after some explanations he made about him needing to go back to his ppa, I accepted reluctantly...... little did I know its a blessing in disguise.

So the following day in fajr, I was announced the imam together with some other excos...so imam made me understand that I have the privilege of staying in the mosque even though the parade is on. I was happy upon hearing that, this was how Allaah paved a way for me Alhamdulillaah, so that morning I didn't go for parade neither did I go for afternoon.

So that was how I started leading the salaah after the imam left and I got saved from the fitna filled in the parade, now I left fitna from the parade, there was another fitna in the masjid. Which is the fitna of the Hausa girls here(I'm still in camp and I have 3 more days and some hours to go), the things these girls wear, I am surprised they are from the north, what I was thinking is actually different from what I saw, may Allaah rectify their affairs, Ameen. It is as if, the khimar is just a culture for them and they don't understand what it entails, all they needed is freedom, which the camp gave them in abundance.... Its sad, really.

To be continued....

The only way forward (and out of the mess Nigeria has been mired in for close to six decades) is to give you muslims your own autonomy so that you can practice your shariah with satisfaction. Then we will all have peace.

But you people want to chop kaffir-money and condemn them at the same time. Shīt money no dey smell. . . .

3 Likes

Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by Nobody: 3:41pm On Feb 02, 2018
nurshah:
Part 3

Sooo of course the que was bad and I immediately had high temperature due to stress..
As I layer on floor in mosque a brother saw me and assisted me to an extent.. Next day of course registration continue then I finally collection that their wear

Hmmm.... Thank Goodness of Allah and strength of our brothers, I wore my uniform quite alright but I worse a long white trouser and the indecent one on top and then long white sleeve under the Nysc shirt
I had to get permission to go put and acquire they grudgingly gave me.. But I didn't care
Most of the sisters even from North wore the short trouser even with Nysc permitting us to wear the long shirts
Of course relationships were going on drinking even from our Muslims
But I tried to respect my self in fact I kept to my self and many brothers didn't like me but I don't care.. The few brothers that I knew were decent always looked put for me like an egg
If you respect your self status quo can be hanged for you

I Remember one time we were late then the soldiers came in as you pass they flog you when I pass walahi the soldier didn't touch me and I don't know him

Second time we were asked to roll on the ground when one of the soldiers saw me, every one was forgiven

I shall continue later

SORRY FOR THE GRAMMATICAL Errors, Iam using my phone and typing too fast

Soldiers flogged some of you in camp??!

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by Emmerich09(m): 4:07pm On Feb 02, 2018
It is clear that this is a thread for the self righteous Muslims, whatever you believe is ur religion works for you, but don't judge others or make them seem unholy. That is why it's called a camp, to socialize nd meet people from all over the country, but u Muslims will just isolate yourself like u are way better than us, am sure if it is left to you there will be no sales of alcohol in camp, or no playing of music, or no socializing with the girls. That same delta state is where I was posted for my nysc nd trust me, it was one of the best experiences have ever had.... Here is a proper thread that i made to show everyone hw delta state camp was a great time spent, meeting people, having new experiences. Follow the link nd enjoy...

https://www.nairaland.com/3644529/all-one-experience-nysc-orientation

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Boy Or Girl Child, Which Is Better? - An Islamic Perspective / NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 / Daily Ramadan Midnight Nafilats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.