Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) (50453 Views)

Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos) / This Is What Canada Looks Like During The Second Phase Of The Lock Down / Car Accident At Eko Hotel, Victoria Island - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:31pm On Feb 01, 2018
The hike in Lekki toll led to serious gridlock on Lekki-Epe expressway on Thursday.

This new tariff was implemented today February by the Lekki Concession Company (LCC), managers of the road.

​At the Admiralty Circle Plaza (Lekki-Epe expressway), cars now pay N200 from N120; sports utility vehicles (SUV) now pay N​250​ from N​15​0; while commercial buses now pay N150 from N80.​ Motorcycles now pay N100.​

At the Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge, saloon cars now pay N300 from N250; sports utility vehicles (SUV), mini vans, and light trucks now pay N400 from N300.​ Motorcycles will now pay N200.​

DAILY POST reports that Admiralty way in Lekki Phase 1, Otunba Adedoyin Ogungbe crescent, the alternative route in Oniru, Marwa bus stop, Bourdillon in Ikoyi, among others were locked down for hours.

The police and LCC officials had enormous task as they made efforts to control traffic on both sides of the road, especially inward Lekki Phase 1 and Ozumba Mbadiwe and within Oniru.

Our reporter, who was also caught up in the congestion, observed that many motorists were angry at the development.

The situation was compounded by people’s refusal to pass through the toll gate.

However, while some road users were seen arguing under the scorching sun after hitting themselves, a few others struggled with their cars due to over-heating or flat tyres.

At a point before near Lekki second roundabout, some drivers alighted from their cars, wearing long face, as movement came to complete halt.

Many condemned Lagos state government for the hike and opted to use other routes in protest.

A vehicle owner, Folarin, in a brief chat with DAILY POST, lamented that he missed an important appointment in Marina, the central business district of the metropolis.

“I was coming from Chevy View Estate opposite Chevron.

“I got the information from a colleague that this axis is blocked but I never imagined it would be like this. Just look around!

“Is it that and Lagos government and LCC wants to make more money or what is the justification for the wicked and senseless hike,” he quipped.

Meanwhile, the National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW) has assured commuters that there will be no increase in transport fares, despite the toll review by LCC.

NURTW chairman in Jakande, Alhaji Taofeek Oluwa, stated this in a chat with newsmen on Wednesday in Lagos.

But fulfilment of his promise remains to be seen as there are speculations that commercial drivers plying the Lekki-Epe expressway were contemplating 20 percent increase in fare.

http://dailypost.ng/2018/02/01/lekki-toll-hike-causes-traffic-lock-down-on-lagos-island-photos/

Re: Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:32pm On Feb 01, 2018

Re: Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) by Worksunlimited: 10:53pm On Feb 01, 2018
Eku Tollgate o...

Era of legedizbenz.. Make dem come kill them add fuel scarcity join am..

People would just kuku spread their mats on their cars and sleep on the road once and for all...

I am first to comment on this first day of February, I never expected it buh it happened..

Baba God! You said You would do a new thing in my life, that the Egyptians I saw yesterday, I shall see them no more..

Baba God! As you surprised me by making me the first to comment on this thread, on the first day of February and before the stroke of midnight, Baba! I trust that in You nothing is too late buh everything by You always comes at the right time.

Baba! I pray you surprise me by picking my persistent calls.

Baba! Even if it's not all my calls you want to pick, just help me and pick one...

128 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) by Dgunnerz(m): 10:54pm On Feb 01, 2018
Lagos is working...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) by Bossontop(m): 10:54pm On Feb 01, 2018
grin cheesy
Heheh.....i lyk fyn tin i lyk fyn tin u forget say better soup na money kill am abii....price ov development....lagos iz realy working
Hahah!!!

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) by tee4taye(m): 10:54pm On Feb 01, 2018
noted
Re: Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) by Holyfield1(m): 10:54pm On Feb 01, 2018
Of all the millions, if not billions the government generate from the toll gate a day

They still have the alpidity to increase it

This isn't a government of the masses

Very heartbreaking and pathetic

And someone said this country is getting any better

There should be a national protest to curb extortions like this angry

82 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) by jerrybakermillz(m): 10:55pm On Feb 01, 2018
Hmmm....shithoole country

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) by Nobody: 10:55pm On Feb 01, 2018
cool
Re: Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) by bikefab(m): 10:55pm On Feb 01, 2018
Lagos na wah.

5 Likes

Re: Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) by daamazing(m): 10:55pm On Feb 01, 2018
Na so all of Dem broke reach and Dem dey buy car grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) by Eastatlantaniqqa(m): 10:55pm On Feb 01, 2018
grin Lagos And Its Rigourous Life Style

Albeit ,They Are Rich People They Should Be Able To Afford It

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) by Nobody: 10:55pm On Feb 01, 2018
Nonsense

3 Likes

Re: Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) by PoliticalThuG(m): 10:55pm On Feb 01, 2018
ambode is just useless. can u imagin

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) by ZirdoRoray(m): 10:56pm On Feb 01, 2018
This is totally wrong

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) by Sojebrand(m): 10:56pm On Feb 01, 2018
Issorite
Re: Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) by Nobody: 10:56pm On Feb 01, 2018
There was a country

9 Likes

Re: Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) by HolyTitus(m): 10:56pm On Feb 01, 2018
Huh!
Re: Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) by larrymoore(m): 10:57pm On Feb 01, 2018
Hardship upon hardship

8 Likes

Re: Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) by dododawa1: 10:58pm On Feb 01, 2018
Govt ''vs D poor

1 Like

Re: Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) by gr8gem(f): 10:58pm On Feb 01, 2018
Let me come and be going, I don't have a car ni nor even dey go lekki sef

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) by SUGARDADDY55(m): 10:58pm On Feb 01, 2018
Up APC.. Said baba

5 Likes

Re: Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) by pol23: 10:58pm On Feb 01, 2018
Due to daily increase in the amount of commodities and logistics around town,the company can no longer provide that same service for the same price....

Funny they will explain this to Laos state government and the government will see true need for the increase...But the government forget living has been extra hard on citizens too...
In cases like this,the government should either review the salary scale or provide relief for the masses...like free mass transport,free tolling on tolled roads,reduce duties on government product like ..
Road worthiness.
International passport.
Drivers License.
Electricity tarrif.
School fee
Etc...
Just to make life liveable for the citizens,but our government mostly work against us.
Shey na this hard times dem suppose add money...na luxury item suppose dey cost this time..

38 Likes

Re: Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) by yeyeboi(m): 10:58pm On Feb 01, 2018
Nigeria is a jungle where all the animals are being taxed without proper infrastructure

7 Likes

Re: Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) by Nobody: 10:58pm On Feb 01, 2018
Today, it took me 3hours to get to Victoria Island from Lekki via the alternative route due to maddening traffic.

To make it worse, a truck carrying building blocks got stuck on that Oniru Market Road. I thing I noticed today was that the usual traffic on that alternative route quadrippled.

Speaking for myself - As Ambode & Tinubu (The owner of LCC) have decided to frustrate me due to their insatiable appetite for greed, all the visible & the invisible irunmoles shall frustrate you & your families including close associates by the authority of Obatala, Ogun Lakaaye Oshimale & Eshu Laalu Ogirioko.

Tinubu - Lagos State shall slip away from your grip & all the evil you have perpetrated in Lagos shall be exposed to the world.

As for Ambode, with that his ugly ninja-turtle head, you shall be replaced with Jimi Agbaje come 2019. Every source of joy in your life shall turn to sorrow henceforth.

May Ogun Laakaye Oshimale bath with the blood of any bastard that speaks in defense of these thieves!

71 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) by Newbiee: 10:58pm On Feb 01, 2018
All these fancy cars can't pay toll gate? grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) by Montaque(m): 10:58pm On Feb 01, 2018
Nigerians go still pay. No be this country people wey I know
Suffering and smiling

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) by twilliamx(m): 10:58pm On Feb 01, 2018
Wonder what they use all the money for anyways. They don't even sweep the road or maintain the median lawn. Shitt hole country

6 Likes

Re: Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) by snadguy007(m): 10:59pm On Feb 01, 2018
They are rich people

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ore-Interchange Flyover Cracks: Was Built By Akeredolu & Commissioned By Buhari / New Enugu International Airport Terminal, 90% Complete / Bayelsa International Airport Is Almost Ready (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.