Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,585 members, 7,837,211 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) (50465 Views)

Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos) / This Is What Canada Looks Like During The Second Phase Of The Lock Down / Car Accident At Eko Hotel, Victoria Island - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) by legendsilver(m): 10:59pm On Feb 01, 2018
This is lagos Nigeria, nothing stand forever here. Watch as people go begin pay the money because dem wan show say them fit pay not knowing they are been milked by those that are supposed to provide good life for all

God help us all, no island for me till further notice

8 Likes

Re: Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) by chukslawrence(m): 10:59pm On Feb 01, 2018
hmm
Re: Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) by Damibiz(m): 10:59pm On Feb 01, 2018
Ways of generating revenue for the state government bt this increase is way to much.....haba

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) by favourmic(m): 10:59pm On Feb 01, 2018
U think life is harsh on you abi? Just know that someone's birthday is 29th Feb which has been missing on calendar since 2017-2020

4 Likes

Re: Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) by jetbomber17: 10:59pm On Feb 01, 2018
As long as it didn't reach iyanapaja down to shrine I'm OK

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) by dododawa1: 10:59pm On Feb 01, 2018
I WISH yahoo guy eat politicians POO

1 Like

Re: Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) by Nobody: 11:01pm On Feb 01, 2018
I live in this axis and na war o. No be small thing.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) by Helpfromabove1(m): 11:02pm On Feb 01, 2018
hmmm lekki i see

1 Like

Re: Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) by tiswell(m): 11:04pm On Feb 01, 2018
I didn't see the big deal there,an average NigerIan car owner can afford all that.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) by vioment: 11:06pm On Feb 01, 2018
They are turning lekki into another country in Nigeria. This is why serious countries ensures that basic necessities of life eg water, light, good roads, security, etc are not luxury but necessity. We are a failed nation and we have chosen not to help ourselves. I cannot point to any pragmatic and intelligent leader in Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) by MONITZ: 11:07pm On Feb 01, 2018
Welcome to Lagos state {Jagaban plc},a state that is in the pocket of a particular lord who resides at Bourdillion,Ikoyi...A state of aquatic splendor but has now become Tinubu's swimming pool splendor ...

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) by jaxxy(m): 11:14pm On Feb 01, 2018
This is really terrible and uncalled for.. wats d reason for the price hike? Forth coming Election? If so its a very wrong timing.

3 Likes

Re: Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) by ipobarecriminals: 11:15pm On Feb 01, 2018
undecided kiss sad I dnt have apology for campaign for this APC govt..Abeg,somebody shud tell Ambode that lagosian are suffering. .The sufa wey i sufa in traffic from lekki to Ayobo last weekend nor be here .I pity peep that shuttle between ikeja to iyana ipaja

1 Like

Re: Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) by Onisolasamuel: 11:23pm On Feb 01, 2018
OK
Re: Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) by Tex42(m): 11:26pm On Feb 01, 2018
Staying sane and alive in this country is becoming an impossible feat/task by the day. Which crime did we commit in this country to be cursed with the kind of leaders and system we have today...

Shey e never reach make we start our own French Revolution. Every one is forming "Martin Niemöller" ... Soon there will be no one to speak for us/u.

4 Likes

Re: Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) by grandstar(m): 11:27pm On Feb 01, 2018
I think it was poorly handled by LCC

There should have been more than adequate publicity about such a hike. Anyway, the lockdown as finally created that publicity Nigerian style grin

I support the increase. In real terms, the amount they were charging had gone down due to the loss of almost 50% of the Naira's value. An increase was just reasonable.

Nigerians should start learning to pay the full cost of utilities and services either through direct charges or indirectly through indirect taxation such as petrol tax etc

Unless people are ready to pay, they should not whine about poor infrastructure
Re: Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) by mejai(m): 11:30pm On Feb 01, 2018
Zoharariel:
Today, it took me 3hours to get to Victoria Island from Lekki via the alternative route due to maddening traffic.

To make it worse, a truck carrying building blocks got stuck on that Oniru Market Road. I thing I noticed today was that the usual traffic on that alternative route quadrippled.

Speaking for myself - As Ambode & Tinubu (The owner of LCC) have decided to frustrate me due to their insatiable appetite for greed, all the visible & the invisible irunmoles shall frustrate you & your families including close associates by the authority of Obatala, Ogun Lakaaye Oshimale & Eshu Laalu Ogirioko.

Tinubu - Lagos State shall slip away from your grip & all the evil you have perpetrated in Lagos shall be exposed to the world.

As for Ambode, with that his ugly ninja-turtle head, you shall be replaced with Jimi Agbaje come 2019. Every source of joy in your life shall turn to sorrow henceforth.

May Ogun Laakaye Oshimale bath with the blood of any bastard that speaks in defense of these thieves!
Jeez! Lwkmd. Bros, dial Putin abeg. Tell him naija is a test ground for his Satan missiles.

Seriously, today wasn't funny. On top my matter, na manual transmission I drove .

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) by Nobody: 11:37pm On Feb 01, 2018
And then flood may come later.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) by prestigiouslady: 11:40pm On Feb 01, 2018
The traffic was terrible...I spent over 4hrs between Ikoyi(park view) and Chisco today....

Upon all the millions made from both toll gates,I don't see any reason why they ought to increase the fee.
But this is Nigeria, we will complain and still go ahead to pay tomorrow morning....our leaders know it, they feel we don't have a choice and they keep doing evil

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) by helpishere(m): 11:44pm On Feb 01, 2018
This is robbery. The state government paid lcc 25b for that same road in 2015. Fashola claimed it was to relieve the Lcc of their investment. Since 2006, thy have not been able to get to Epe. 12 years to construct 49kms of road. Visibility at night is poor, there are potholes on the road. The lekki 1st roundabout is in poor shape, the 2nd roundabout is very dangerous to meander through and yet they are increasing with no improvement on the road. Tinubu, thread carefully. 2019 elections are here again. Looking for money to waste again. Continu

8 Likes

Re: Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) by Super1212: 11:52pm On Feb 01, 2018
Trust Lagos State government, will surely make use of the revenue generated from the toll gate

1 Like

Re: Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) by Nobody: 11:54pm On Feb 01, 2018
:

3 Likes

Re: Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) by Facosco(m): 12:01am On Feb 02, 2018
This is insensitivity on the part of the government

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) by Giftycard(m): 12:22am On Feb 02, 2018
As my name implies...
Check my profile and wish me, it's my birthday
Re: Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) by YoshiMaster: 12:23am On Feb 02, 2018
Just imagine this rubbish, for a road that was already in existence

All they did was add extra lanes and now we have to pay toll seemingly forever.

This is soo sad, all kinds of people live on the lekki/ajah axis, rich, poor, middleclass.

What I don't get is why Nigerians that are not affected by a certain situation display such nonchalant attitudes. People are already saying people can pay, like, why would you be so insensitive to your fellow humans, your fellow Nigerians, heck, your fellow Lagosians. Is it cause they claim to be living in "lekki", that you hate them

N200 both ways is N400 a day. If you forget something or go for lunch break, meeting, hustle, then you double that N400 to N800, just to pass a road

I have no problem with tolling the Lekki-Ikoyi Link bridge, cause that bridge never existed before and solves a particular problem, but how can you toll a road that had already been built, with people already using said road to get to their various homes

Is Nigeria really a country

Some annoying people will now come and say, "but there is toll in the U.S.A", but do they even know how toll works in the U.S Just annoying little bratty rif raffs, mtcheew. In the U.S, you can decide to use the toll or not, but I guarantee you that your alternative route will not be a single lane road passing through a private estate and market, mtcheew undecided

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) by SalamRushdie: 12:27am On Feb 02, 2018
Nigeria is designed to impoverish its people one way or the other , fuel is not readily available and the govt chose such a time to increase toll tariff which has now caused hold to waste people hard fought fuel for nothing and they will still end up paying more

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) by GetUmad: 12:27am On Feb 02, 2018
What amazes me is the calibre of cars using the alternative route. If you could afford luxury vehicles, how much is the toll you can't pay, but ona go dey club tonight buy the bar completely and pay Oloshos more than their charges.

But naijas can too whine sha. If to say alternative route nor dey na that one dem for dey use criticize the govt. Now wey dem get two options dem still dey lament.

There's a reason the toll is on that particular axis and not on the mainland. However, if you now happen to be caught in the � web while you don't belong to the class of people known to stay and work around that place, I can only be sorry for you. It's rather unfortunate. Meanwhile, for things to get better in naija we should be ready to pay for it.
Re: Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) by OmoOshodi(m): 12:34am On Feb 02, 2018
Ambo Lekan si.... Eefe ku
Land use charge
Tax
Tax
Tax and Tax till you all run away from Lagos

Ambo... aitide

1 Like

Re: Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) by YoshiMaster: 12:38am On Feb 02, 2018
GetUmad:
What amazes me is the calibre of cars using the alternative route. If you could afford luxury vehicles, how much is the toll you can't pay, but ona go dey club tonight buy the bar completely and pay Oloshos more than their charges.

But naijas can too whine sha. If to say alternative route nor dey na that one dem for dey use criticize the govt. Now wey dem get two options dem still dey lament.

There's a reason the toll is on that particular axis and not on the mainland. However, if you now happen to be caught in the � web while you don't belong to the class of people known to stay and work around that place, I can only be sorry for you. It's rather unfortunate. Meanwhile, for things to get better in naija we should be ready to pay for it.

Please stop being insensitive, abeg, just stop it!!

So everyone in Lekki is rich abi Everyone in Ajah is rich

Why do we hate ourselves in Nigeria like this We hate each other so much, whether it's yoruba vs igbo or in this your case, mainland vs island.

How are our voices to be heard, if half are out of sync

11 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Vadoma: The Ostrich People Of Zimbabwe Who Have Just Two Toes / Ore-Interchange Flyover Cracks: Was Built By Akeredolu & Commissioned By Buhari / Nigerian Woman In The UK Cries Out Over Solid Ice, Curses Nigerian Govt (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.