Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,482 members, 7,819,757 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

Nigerian Professor Seeks For Help From Students After 5 Months Of Suspension - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Professor Seeks For Help From Students After 5 Months Of Suspension (587 Views)

Abia State University Demands N15,000 "Pandemic Prevention Fee" From Students / Meet Sackey Percy Ghanaian Dancing Teacher Who Dances With Students After Class / DELSU Searches Students After Murder Of Elozino Joshuana Ogege. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Professor Seeks For Help From Students After 5 Months Of Suspension by BaryPresh(m): 12:56am On Feb 02, 2018
A professor of Psychology in the University of Port Harcourt and one time dean of Students' affairs have taken to social media to solicit for help to enable him survive.

Professor Andrew Efemini who is known for his active roles in students' affairs was suspended for allegedly instigating protests in the University of Port Harcourt when a rather unusual policy of "No School Fee, No Exam" was passed last year.

He took to his Facebook and a popular students' forum (Uniport Students' Forum (USF)) on Facebook to request for Students' help and have been receiving numerous reactions. See photo and quote below;

"I AM NOW A DESTITUTE
Having survived five months as against the statutory three months of suspension, I am left with no option but to inform the public that I now need financial support to continue to survive.

I have informed the university in writing that as a diabetic and hypertensive patient, my life is threatened by the cut of my salary as a result of my suspension from duty due to allegations over students related agitations over fee policies of the university of Port Harcourt.

I have contemplated suicide severally with a suicide message for the Nigerian people on how a Professor or anybody at that should not be treated. I hope the university of Port Harcourt will take note of this paragraph.

I see people who are supposed to be my friends pass me everyday unconcerned about how I survive. May be that is human nature.

Not even the Union ASUU has shown concern about my life threatening conditions. The Union where I was branch chairman for five years. Strange things happen.

Please, concerned Nigerians should come to my aid. I need at least N50,000 each month to buy my insulin alone. I also buy other drugs. I have a family to also run.

Please don't ignore this post. It is my last effort to stay alive. People who think that speaking for students is a crime must be put to shame.

My account details:
Andrew Efemini
UBA

THANKS TO YOU ALL. Students mobilize to support my survival. No amount is too small."

http://www.barypresh.com.ng/2018/02/nigerian-professor-laments-i-am-now-a-destitute.html

Re: Nigerian Professor Seeks For Help From Students After 5 Months Of Suspension by ipobarecriminals: 1:04am On Feb 02, 2018
sad dey nor have active union on dat sch.The CC and other evil people for do runz away.

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Reduce The Rate I Sleep. / Unilorin Screening Results, 2018/2019 Out!!! / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.