Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,173 members, 7,815,106 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

List Of 13 States Owing Teachers' Salaries - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / List Of 13 States Owing Teachers' Salaries (37446 Views)

Rescheduled Elections Could Encounter Setback In 13 States / Budgit Exposes 17 States Owing Salaries, Pensions Despite N1.8trillion Bailout / List Of States Owing Workers After Paris Club Refund (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of 13 States Owing Teachers' Salaries by imitateMe(m): 10:41am On Feb 03, 2018
yarimo:
5) EKITI State governor FAYOSE What is going on ? I hope you didn't use teachers salary on PUMMO? Well let me just pretend I didn't see ekiti state in the list . grin
Meanwhile, Fayose is busy eating amala upandan
Re: List Of 13 States Owing Teachers' Salaries by enemmo(f): 10:42am On Feb 03, 2018
Which way Benue?
Re: List Of 13 States Owing Teachers' Salaries by okerekeikpo: 10:42am On Feb 03, 2018
Let them pay my mom that's my own problem now
Re: List Of 13 States Owing Teachers' Salaries by Awoo88: 10:54am On Feb 03, 2018
So delta and bayasa no dey pay too. Sango kill the two governors of those state and
Re: List Of 13 States Owing Teachers' Salaries by Beedude(m): 10:56am On Feb 03, 2018
4stepsAead:
If news is true then the teachers owed 2 years salary must be mad...
Calm Down Oga.. Most Of Them Av Side Business. They Are Not Mad. Na Their States Mad.
Re: List Of 13 States Owing Teachers' Salaries by Produke(m): 10:56am On Feb 03, 2018
Say what u know,bro.Okowa paid December salaries.He's owing one month(January).
Re: List Of 13 States Owing Teachers' Salaries by buffalowings: 10:58am On Feb 03, 2018
deomelllo:

Bogus and false info.

Osun is not even owing 1 month salary.

You dey craze
Don't talk about what you don't know
Werey

2 Likes

Re: List Of 13 States Owing Teachers' Salaries by fairheven: 10:59am On Feb 03, 2018
Abia always on the wrong list sad

2 Likes

Re: List Of 13 States Owing Teachers' Salaries by supereagle(m): 10:59am On Feb 03, 2018
owoicho13:
Thirteen states have not paid their teachers some for as long as 28 months, Nigeria Union Teachers (NUT) revealed this.
Osun tops the list with 28 months followed by Nasarawa, 26, Kogi 25, Benue 12 and Ekiti nine months.

NUT President, Comrade Alogba Olukoya, revealed this at the union’s 2018 annual gathering. He said the union is compiling reports from across the states before embarking on the strike. He added that both primary and secondary school teachers are affected.

“When we get report on salary, if it is not encouraging we will embark on strike. The next is the state of decays in our schools’ laboratories and libraries,” he said.
Olukoya appealed to the states to pay or begin to see the wrath of the Nigerian teachers. He, however, said Benue state will be excused from the strike because of the security challenges affecting the state at the moment.

He said the union has received assurance from the state government that the outstanding salaries will be paid soon.
The union however, berated the action of Kaduna state government for sacking teachers and directive to stop deduction of check off dues for trade unions.

The number of teachers affected in the 13 states were said to be about 300,000. The NUT could not give the amount owed teachers saying it has no record of that at the moment.

Check out the list of the states and the month they are owing teachers below....

1: Osun State; 28 Months
2: Nasaraw State; 26 Months
3: Kogi State; 25 Months
4: Benue State; 12 Months
5: Ekiti State; 9 Months
6: Bayelsa State; 7 Months
7: Taraba State; 6 Months
8: Abia State; 5 Months
9: Kaduna State; 5 Months
10: Ondo State; 4 Months
11: Kwara State; 2 Months
12: Delta State; 2 Months
13: Oyo State; 1 Month

https://www.benuepress.com/2018/02/check-out-the-list-of-13-states-owing-teachers/
OBJ tried for teachers, many of them bought cars and built houses, the saying changed to rewards of teachers are now on the earth. OBJ created wealth for the middle class, one of the good things we got from him.

1 Like

Re: List Of 13 States Owing Teachers' Salaries by toro92: 10:59am On Feb 03, 2018
gbegemaster:
It's propaganda by BMC to distract us.
You must be qn APC member or receiving largesses from the Osun state government. for your information, my mother is a teacher in Osun state and the freaking Governor is owing!
Where did you get your info from please...

2 Likes

Re: List Of 13 States Owing Teachers' Salaries by DonBobes(m): 11:01am On Feb 03, 2018
zeuchineesnacks:
the great afonjas. Thought u valued education? tongue grin
U ryt now :

Re: List Of 13 States Owing Teachers' Salaries by toro92: 11:02am On Feb 03, 2018
walexydo:
which one is false info , are u trying to say osun is just owing january salary,what about d arrears of all d half salary aregbe has been paying since july 2015 wch he made d promise to pay from April this year.may be u ar not living in Osun state . The info about Osun is very correct unless if u don't want to say the truth .
Don't mind the rubbish the guy is spewing now

1 Like

Re: List Of 13 States Owing Teachers' Salaries by Ayconq(m): 11:03am On Feb 03, 2018
The present administration in Ondo State is not owing but the former one and Gov. Akeredolu has reduced the arrears. What Mimiko left was like 8/9 months unpaid salaries.
Re: List Of 13 States Owing Teachers' Salaries by Beedude(m): 11:04am On Feb 03, 2018
TaiKuun:
They owe you salary for 28 months, and u are still there. are you insane?? angry
Its A Messy Situation. But Believe Me If U Were In Their Shoes, There Is Nothing U Can Do. It Is A General Believe That When U Are Owed By The Govt There Is Always Hope Of Getting Ur Money. No One Dare Stay In A Private Firm Without 4 Months Salary
Re: List Of 13 States Owing Teachers' Salaries by Pat081: 11:04am On Feb 03, 2018
TaiKuun:
What happened to the Nigerian Labour Congress?!!! What are they doing about it. Sometimes I wonder, does it still even exist??

PS: I am a Creative Designer and Brand Developer. Check my threads
dey don use money to buy dem ooooooo in some countries teacher take more dan sitting government dat can nt happen here in Nigeria
Re: List Of 13 States Owing Teachers' Salaries by fairheven: 11:10am On Feb 03, 2018
TaiKuun:
They owe you salary for 28 months, and u are still there. are you insane?? angry

according to Aregbesola ..

"if i owe you six months salary and you are still coming to work, it means you are stealing from somewhere"
Re: List Of 13 States Owing Teachers' Salaries by samdowise(m): 11:14am On Feb 03, 2018
[color=#990000][/color]ondo state no go carry last.
Re: List Of 13 States Owing Teachers' Salaries by mommaJ(f): 11:14am On Feb 03, 2018
GOOD DAY NAIRALANDERS.I M STILL HERE...DONT GIVE UP ON ME YET https://www.nairaland.com/4312232/husbanda-good-man-help#64524181
Re: List Of 13 States Owing Teachers' Salaries by xreal: 11:15am On Feb 03, 2018
I just came to validate the list by checking if kwara is not on it.

The list is hereby
[img]https://media1./images/bf8925cb8b35ddc3780eeda2a1a94d52/tenor.gif?itemid=9606558[/img]
Re: List Of 13 States Owing Teachers' Salaries by bkfilms: 11:16am On Feb 03, 2018
okway:

Don't osus value education or what is Abia state doing there?

Dey there dey drag wrapper with your wife.

[img]https://4.bp..com/-l6uZNkAoDck/Wgj5royp1HI/AAAAAAAAD6o/dCF8mTmoD2ADCDRKmjtu7HGIEUt8aXZtACLcBGAs/s1600/igbo-men-tradtional-attires.jpg[/img]

U should be ashamed of urself if 4 out of Six state of your Zone is owing salary with all the bogus data's u people keep churning out.

The so called people you call Red sand has only 1 state.

I must give it to these Igbo's they are silently making Stride's in their region without making too many noise about it.

Unless some of u starts travelling outside ur SW u will never know what is going on in other region.
My 1 cent

5 Likes

Re: List Of 13 States Owing Teachers' Salaries by tonyhoney: 11:17am On Feb 03, 2018
deomelllo:

Bogus and false info.

Osun is not even owing 1 month salary.
Who told you Osun is not owing. It is my state. The workers have been collecting half salary time imemorial. Arrant nonsense.
Re: List Of 13 States Owing Teachers' Salaries by Buffalo2(m): 11:22am On Feb 03, 2018
Oyo state? One month?.....diaris God ooo
Re: List Of 13 States Owing Teachers' Salaries by lastdon5: 11:24am On Feb 03, 2018
okway:

Don't osus value education or what is Abia state doing there?

Dey there dey drag wrapper with your wife.

[img]https://4.bp..com/-l6uZNkAoDck/Wgj5royp1HI/AAAAAAAAD6o/dCF8mTmoD2ADCDRKmjtu7HGIEUt8aXZtACLcBGAs/s1600/igbo-men-tradtional-attires.jpg[/img]

Igbos value education just the same way we value freedom, entrepreneurship and good governance... It's this governor with a Ph.D that's falling great Igbos and most especially Abians hand...

2 Likes

Re: List Of 13 States Owing Teachers' Salaries by Elinosweet143(f): 11:25am On Feb 03, 2018
Where do u expect them to run to?
TaiKuun:
Re: List Of 13 States Owing Teachers' Salaries by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:27am On Feb 03, 2018
Thank God my state isnt on the list.
But what the hell is Delta doing on the list?
Re: List Of 13 States Owing Teachers' Salaries by Nobody: 11:32am On Feb 03, 2018
TheUpsetGirl:
fake news. Delta state should be 1year... very useless state, no good roads. nothing to show sad sad sad sad
where in delta do u stay? delta is not perfect but seriously not what u just described
Re: List Of 13 States Owing Teachers' Salaries by Toktee(m): 11:36am On Feb 03, 2018
owoicho13:
Thirteen states have not paid their teachers some for as long as 28 months, Nigeria Union Teachers (NUT) revealed this.
Osun tops the list with 28 months followed by Nasarawa, 26, Kogi 25, Benue 12 and Ekiti nine months.

NUT President, Comrade Alogba Olukoya, revealed this at the union’s 2018 annual gathering. He said the union is compiling reports from across the states before embarking on the strike. He added that both primary and secondary school teachers are affected.

“When we get report on salary, if it is not encouraging we will embark on strike. The next is the state of decays in our schools’ laboratories and libraries,” he said.
Olukoya appealed to the states to pay or begin to see the wrath of the Nigerian teachers. He, however, said Benue state will be excused from the strike because of the security challenges affecting the state at the moment.

He said the union has received assurance from the state government that the outstanding salaries will be paid soon.
The union however, berated the action of Kaduna state government for sacking teachers and directive to stop deduction of check off dues for trade unions.

The number of teachers affected in the 13 states were said to be about 300,000. The NUT could not give the amount owed teachers saying it has no record of that at the moment.

Check out the list of the states and the month they are owing teachers below....

1: Osun State; 28 Months
2: Nasaraw State; 26 Months
3: Kogi State; 25 Months
4: Benue State; 12 Months
5: Ekiti State; 9 Months
6: Bayelsa State; 7 Months
7: Taraba State; 6 Months
8: Abia State; 5 Months
9: Kaduna State; 5 Months
10: Ondo State; 4 Months
11: Kwara State; 2 Months
12: Delta State; 2 Months
13: Oyo State; 1 Month

https://www.benuepress.com/2018/02/check-out-the-list-of-13-states-owing-teachers/
Jonathan's acheivements,buhari really tried,it was 27 states,down to 13,yet the lost tribe of judah will soon come here to heap insult on apc gvt.
Re: List Of 13 States Owing Teachers' Salaries by TaiKuun(m): 11:36am On Feb 03, 2018
Elinosweet143:
Where do u expect them to run to?
i am sure that is the same questions they are asking themselves. Well some people were designed in such a way that they can not reason beyond their present situation. So i dont blame them, including you, their Speaker.
Re: List Of 13 States Owing Teachers' Salaries by justy15: 11:41am On Feb 03, 2018
Bello we salute you, you no dey carry last now
Re: List Of 13 States Owing Teachers' Salaries by ifex370(m): 11:42am On Feb 03, 2018
TheUpsetGirl:
fake news. Delta state should be 1year... very useless state, no good roads. nothing to show sad sad sad sad

Delta isn't owing a penny..
Re: List Of 13 States Owing Teachers' Salaries by stanluiz(m): 11:48am On Feb 03, 2018
bkfilms:

U should be ashamed of urself if 4 out of Six state of your Zone is owing salary with all the bogus data's u people keep churning out.

The so called people you call Red sand has only 1 state.

I must give it to these Igbo's they are silently making Stride's in their region without making too many noise about it.

Unless some of u starts travelling outside ur SW u will never know what is going on in other region.
My 1 cent
Simple and plain.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ahmed Mohammed Withdraws From Sowore's Fundamental Rights Enforcement Suit / Niger Youths On Insecurity: Buhari, Do Something Or We Take Law Into Our Hands / APC Presidential Screening: What Was Tinubu Saying Here? (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.