Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,433 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

Killings: Presidency Laments Hate Speech, Demands Respect For Buhari - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Killings: Presidency Laments Hate Speech, Demands Respect For Buhari (21243 Views)

Wike: I Have Great Respect For Tinubu But His Comment On Edo Crisis Shocked Me / Looters Blackmailing Buhari With Benue Killings – Presidency / It’s Unfair To Insinuate That Buhari Is Condoning Killings —presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Killings: Presidency Laments Hate Speech, Demands Respect For Buhari by Benekruku(m): 10:03am On Feb 03, 2018
cursedAbiola:
[s][/s]
trash trash trash
shatap and get out
i don't talk to akamu brains
do you know that Buhari is a terrorist?

grin grin grin grin

Village breed!
Re: Killings: Presidency Laments Hate Speech, Demands Respect For Buhari by Nobody: 10:04am On Feb 03, 2018
who respects a demonic govt.?
bunch of redundant dumbskulls!!!!!!!
Re: Killings: Presidency Laments Hate Speech, Demands Respect For Buhari by Automatic3444(m): 10:04am On Feb 03, 2018
Dear nairaland,
Since I join this platform..it has been from laughter to laughter's. Indeed you guys guys deserved a hands of applaud.... Nairaland 4ver
Re: Killings: Presidency Laments Hate Speech, Demands Respect For Buhari by robosky02(m): 10:05am On Feb 03, 2018
ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Killings: Presidency Laments Hate Speech, Demands Respect For Buhari by emperormossad(m): 10:05am On Feb 03, 2018
Hate speech?
The law of cause and effect must run its full course. What you sow you reap. Enjoy your change.

1 Like

Re: Killings: Presidency Laments Hate Speech, Demands Respect For Buhari by Nobody: 10:05am On Feb 03, 2018
Comment pouvez-vous planter du maïs et de récolter le manioc? Il ne fonctionne pas M. Femi. Juste face à la haine mon ami. Quand les gens voient ce que vous faites et qu'il est positif, le discours de haine seront mortes naturellement au Nigeria
Re: Killings: Presidency Laments Hate Speech, Demands Respect For Buhari by Lustig(m): 10:05am On Feb 03, 2018
Who is the presidency?
Re: Killings: Presidency Laments Hate Speech, Demands Respect For Buhari by cursedAbiola(f): 10:09am On Feb 03, 2018
Benekruku:

grin grin grin grin

my father is a Village breed!

cool
Re: Killings: Presidency Laments Hate Speech, Demands Respect For Buhari by jamael(m): 10:19am On Feb 03, 2018
NonsoWow:
I heard that the federal university in ebonyi is now named after an anambra indigene. Hopefully, that renaming will help to upgrade the average abakaliki mentality up to half of anambra standard.
What is the meaning of "average abakaliki mentality"?
What is the yard stick used to measure Anambra that makes it a standard?

Do something useful for once!
Re: Killings: Presidency Laments Hate Speech, Demands Respect For Buhari by Mynightmare: 10:19am On Feb 03, 2018
God punish buhari and his supporters
Re: Killings: Presidency Laments Hate Speech, Demands Respect For Buhari by Ogbonocatchfire(m): 10:20am On Feb 03, 2018
Buhari till 2027
Re: Killings: Presidency Laments Hate Speech, Demands Respect For Buhari by tiredoflife(m): 10:20am On Feb 03, 2018
The fools should know that u don't demand respect u earn it angry angry

What a foolish govt supported by foolish foolanis
Re: Killings: Presidency Laments Hate Speech, Demands Respect For Buhari by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:23am On Feb 03, 2018
Lawless nation!
Which criminal have been convicted in recent times?
Is it that young man turned ritualist released/escaped by prison officials/police?

Instead of using scarce resources to build and develop, you use it to procure expensive ammunition for mass destruction.

People of goodwill are appealing to you guys, change your ways
Re: Killings: Presidency Laments Hate Speech, Demands Respect For Buhari by Enemyofpeace: 10:27am On Feb 03, 2018
Tell your master to pack and go,he is a total failure
Re: Killings: Presidency Laments Hate Speech, Demands Respect For Buhari by Adekdammy: 10:27am On Feb 03, 2018
Same hate speech you used to get to power when several of those speeches were false, well we are yet to see the thousand snipers from the last administration you people talked about and championed by Amaechi (the man wey no like moni) and magnified by sir Obj (the man wey dey always correct when he himself no correct)

The attitude of the govt towards the killings actually created rooms for those articles you are calling "hate" whatever.

If you feel you are doing the right thing, why are you always trying to warn or gag the press?

Trying to compare Nigeria's mess with the Rwanda's genocide is as good as saying your govt is already creating such environment by not doing anything (forget the letter to the Senate ) to stop the killer herdsmen from performing their known enterprise.

1 Like

Re: Killings: Presidency Laments Hate Speech, Demands Respect For Buhari by Konze70: 10:29am On Feb 03, 2018
Buhari is a mad dog and bastard
Re: Killings: Presidency Laments Hate Speech, Demands Respect For Buhari by chernest2002: 10:35am On Feb 03, 2018
As you have respected gej during his tenure so shall gej supporters respect you too. As for security buhari is big failure, supporting his fulani murderers against others he himself is a big murderer. A day will come for judgment against buhari and his government even you garuba shehu will not escape. Vagabonds!

1 Like

Re: Killings: Presidency Laments Hate Speech, Demands Respect For Buhari by komols856: 10:36am On Feb 03, 2018
NonsoWow:
I heard that the federal university in ebonyi is now named after an anambra indigene. Hopefully, that renaming will help to upgrade the average abakaliki mentality up to half of anambra standard.
you are just a fool. stop under rating Ebonyi people. because Ebonyi have more than what you know or hear about. foolish boy

1 Like

Re: Killings: Presidency Laments Hate Speech, Demands Respect For Buhari by ogbonti: 10:39am On Feb 03, 2018
Power is indeed transient..... having witnessed the Abacha years and how it ended, I know Nigeria will survive Buhari, I only feel sorry for the victims of this ethno-religious cleasing going on in the land, but BUHARI should get ready to go to jail after May 29, 2019. We won’t send him to Hague, he will be in prison at Kirikiri., where justice will be served him STONE COLD!
Re: Killings: Presidency Laments Hate Speech, Demands Respect For Buhari by Awoofawo(m): 10:41am On Feb 03, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Killings: Presidency Laments Hate Speech, Demands Respect For Buhari by Awoo88: 10:46am On Feb 03, 2018
Buhari was actually the first to endorse the benue killing with his silent and when he chose to speak, it for benue people to accommodate their killers. that is an endorsement. So shehu should shout up
Re: Killings: Presidency Laments Hate Speech, Demands Respect For Buhari by tuoyoojo(m): 10:54am On Feb 03, 2018
MONITZ:
Ok,they re demanding some respect for Bubu now that they re at the receiving end,karma is a bitch indeed,this was sth they started prior to the 2015 elections when they maligned,vilified and insulted the person of Goodluck, from making wild and unverifiable allegations of some snipers on the prowl on the orders of Goodluck Jonathan with a supposed list of VIPs to be assasinated,and calling him all sorts of derogatory names like the Ineffectual Buffon,the Otueke Drunkard and many more ,they also threatened to form a parallel government if they lost the last elections without minding the position that Jonathan occupied which was a treasonable offense in itself for which they could ve been railroaded into jail bt just because Jona was a man of peace he let everything slide by,so they should keep quiet and enjoy the fruits of their labor...Funny thing is that the same social media on whose back they rode to power will also become their Achille's heel in no distant time and this is why they ve been trying to clamp down/gag it by all means lately and which hasn't still yielded any fruit,I know they won't relent and might become more ruthless in the coming days...

Bubu will eventually be the most bashed,most loathed and ridiculed president in the annals of democracy in Nigeria,after all one good turn deserves another albeit in a negative manner in this scenario .

u have said it all

this is where u drop the mic n stroll out

what is good for the goose is good for the "Uganda "

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Killings: Presidency Laments Hate Speech, Demands Respect For Buhari by royalamour(m): 10:56am On Feb 03, 2018
Benekruku:

Liar!

You this stray dog, better stay put before I clap down on you like thunder. Be warned.
Re: Killings: Presidency Laments Hate Speech, Demands Respect For Buhari by excel101(m): 11:00am On Feb 03, 2018
Funny enough this same hate speech, deceit and lashing of GEJ, was exactly what brought PMB to power...."What goes around comes around". Regarding the herdsmen killings in Benue, his response came very very late, being the number one citizen of the country. Whereas in similar circumstances outside the country, PMB was consistently amongst the first president that sends condolences message.
Re: Killings: Presidency Laments Hate Speech, Demands Respect For Buhari by okenta2017: 11:10am On Feb 03, 2018
Ecstasy154:
The Senior Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity told journalists in Abuja on Friday that many media organisation are guilty of reporting hate speech as it concerns the report of clashes in Benue State.

“The growing lack of respect for journalism ethics and press laws in the Nigerian media, especially regarding the clashes in Benue State is very unfortunate.

“The frequent expression of hate speech published by newspapers, in news stories and especially in columns is indeed a source of concern to all.

“We want to state emphatically that a segment of the Nigerian media is sinking deeper and deeper into the mesh of hate speech in spite of repeated appeals by recognised and reputable media bodies, the Government and concerned Nigerians.”

The presidential spokesman said also condemned a publication in a national newspaper which said ‘‘President Muhammadu Buhari was the first to endorse the Benue massacre’’ on New Year Day stating that this is inciting members of the public.

Shehu also cited example of a national newspaper with the headlines: ‘Expect More Blood in Benue.’

“Apart from the basic tone of respect expected from an individual who is supposedly intelligent and educated enough to know better since they have been granted space to write in a national newspaper, there is the risk of inciting the public to actions that will have gory consequences for the entire nation for generations to come.

“Those beating the gongs of war and fanning the embers of discord must remember what prevailed in Rwanda before the genocide of the early 90s, during which hundreds of thousands of lives were lost as a result of consistent hate speech spewing from that country’s media,” he said.

He appealed to the media to express criticisms without resorting to name calling.

“We must learn to express our grievances and criticisms without resorting to gutter language or to name calling, and the press has a responsibility to maintain that even if it means calling their columnists to order.

Calling for respect for the position of the President, Shehu said President Buhari according to the constitution has the primary duty of protecting life and property and that is what he has been doing in Benue and across the country.

“Calling him a murderer is not only grossly disrespectful but unfair, especially when the President has written a letter to the Senate detailing his efforts to quell the crisis in Benue State, including dispatching the Minister of Interior and the Deputy Inspector General of Police in charge of operations for an on the spot assessment of the situation in the aftermath of the unfortunate incident; and receiving a direct briefing from the IG the following day.”

https://www.channelstv.com/2018/02/02/killings-presidency-laments-hate-speech-demands-respect-for-buhari/

It is OK to conceel the murderous activities of buhari to the outside world.
When Isrealites occupied part of Jerusalem, buhari was the first to cry to united nation
but as we speak buhari Fulani brothers are presently occupying majority of Benue state farm land and
you don't want anybody to talk about it. I hope you understand the Tiv people very well.
When the gorila warfare begins the bokoharam scam will be a child's play. At least there will be
enough cattle meat for the war effort. Don't start something you know you cannot finish.
That area will be too dangerous for you to start your stupid hidden agenda of colonization.
The indigenous people of Nigeria has wisenup. Drop that stupid agenda else you will be the
loser in the end.

1 Like

Re: Killings: Presidency Laments Hate Speech, Demands Respect For Buhari by DriveByKiller: 11:11am On Feb 03, 2018
What a lopsided article. I fail to see any hate speech there. What this slowpoke is telling Nigeria press incessense is : DON'T CRITICIZE THE GOVERNMENT.

clowns.
Re: Killings: Presidency Laments Hate Speech, Demands Respect For Buhari by dokiOloye(m): 11:17am On Feb 03, 2018
cursedAbiola:
thunder scatter Buhari Insha'Allah amin
Thunder scatter Buhari Insha'Allah amin
Thunder scatter femi Insha'Allah amin
Thunder scatter garbage shehu masha Allah amin
Thunder laureata Onochie wallu wallah angry

Lolz grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Broda,which one be wallu wallah grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Killings: Presidency Laments Hate Speech, Demands Respect For Buhari by ibolord(m): 11:19am On Feb 03, 2018
Nonsense!!! Ndi ara
Re: Killings: Presidency Laments Hate Speech, Demands Respect For Buhari by Troublemaker007(m): 11:20am On Feb 03, 2018
Buhari is an animal, he is a swine, he is a walking corpse, he is useless, he is a terrorist.

They should come to my house and demand an apology. I swear I will shoot somebori. Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Killings: Presidency Laments Hate Speech, Demands Respect For Buhari by Myself2(m): 11:20am On Feb 03, 2018
Buhari is the most guilty person when it comes to hate speeches in Nigeria, check his records and his speeches full of hate that spans over 35 years. While contesting for the presidency he kept saying things like " People will pay with their lives" " An attack on Boko Haram is an attack on the north" "why are your people killing my people "I will use the last drop of my blood to ensure sharia is practiced all over Nigeria" " I will only develop those that gave me 97% vote and I will not develop those that gave me 5%" etc etc

Buhari is a chronic hate speaker and has no respect for non-Fulani Nigerians
Re: Killings: Presidency Laments Hate Speech, Demands Respect For Buhari by seunayantokun(m): 11:24am On Feb 03, 2018
Presidency, kindly understand that respect is earned, not demanded.
Re: Killings: Presidency Laments Hate Speech, Demands Respect For Buhari by arrestdarrester: 11:33am On Feb 03, 2018
I thought the Benue State Governor said he wrote twice in 2017 about the security reports he received about the impending mass slaughter of innocents?

Who received those letters? Why did the Offices concerned fail to act?

If those who should have acted failed to do so, why then would any rational human expect a civilized people to be satisfied with a belated response after lives are gone? People are pained.

About the verbal assault on the image of the President and the Presidency, I remembered warning about the implication of assaulting that highly exalted Office in the name of political campaigns in the run up to the 2015 elections. Unfortunately, this is where we find ourselves. It is what goes around that is now coming around. What a pity!

That said, I plead with Nigerians to distinguish and give due regards to whoever is occupying the Office of the President for the sake of the exalted nature of the Office in their comments.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governor Willie Obiano Celebrates His 65th Birthday Today / NAF Panthers: Nigerian Airforce Special Forces Squad / 2 Boys Arrested In Connection With Bomb Explosion In Adamawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.