Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,658 members, 7,827,422 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

Breaking News!!! UNIBEN Senate Rusticated The SUG President, PRO and other Excos - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Breaking News!!! UNIBEN Senate Rusticated The SUG President, PRO and other Excos (34123 Views)

See Signature Of The SUG President Of Unijos That Has Been Trending Online / I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. / UNILAG Student Rusticated For Twerking With The Statue Of Former VC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News!!! UNIBEN Senate Rusticated The SUG President, PRO and other Excos by Jamean(f): 9:20am On Feb 04, 2018
EternalTruth:
freshers are paying 60k acceptance fees and 74k as tuition fees while staylites would pay 40k as returning students and 20k as hostel fees.
That guy led a protest and was thus rusticated

That's quite an amount. 40k returning student? The most I paid was 11k for FY, hostel was still about 6k then. But I learnt that the protest was not strategically planned, and ended up as an embarrassment to the school.
Re: Breaking News!!! UNIBEN Senate Rusticated The SUG President, PRO and other Excos by coolegbo(m): 9:46am On Feb 04, 2018
Wait o, I thought SSANU too are on strike? How did they meet to take that extreme action? UNIBEN has finally silenced students rights. Now even a lecturer can bullshit the students. Too bad!
Re: Breaking News!!! UNIBEN Senate Rusticated The SUG President, PRO and other Excos by EternalTruth: 10:28am On Feb 04, 2018
Jamean:

That's quite an amount. 40k returning student? The most I paid was 11k for FY, hostel was still about 6k then. But I learnt that the protest was not strategically planned, and ended up as an embarrassment to the school.

yup during convo and in the presence of the most respected chancellor, Emir Sanusi movements were barricaded at the expressway and students dancing in the road and throwing tantrums on the VC
Re: Breaking News!!! UNIBEN Senate Rusticated The SUG President, PRO and other Excos by MarilynNash(f): 1:34pm On Feb 04, 2018
EternalTruth:
but that guy is kinda right o. Are u Bini?
The president is Esan.
Re: Breaking News!!! UNIBEN Senate Rusticated The SUG President, PRO and other Excos by blessingsonflee(f): 5:00pm On Feb 04, 2018
itemj2k:
I remember that a day befor the protest they went to distrupt the opening ceremony of the convocation at the main auditorium, On the day of the protest, I approached osemu.com and told him protest shouldn't be the first resort but the last, he was being goaded by the PRO. they blocked the maingate, harassed the pro chancellor, prevented council members from attending the convocation, held the Benin Lagos express way to standstill and were dancing "one corner" the CSO, Dean of students, DVCs all begged them, to come and table their grievances before the VC so the convocation can go on, but they were adamant. they insisted the VC must come and meet them, he came , they said he should leave the main gate and come to the express way. it took the intervention of NANS before they approached the VC and the PRO continued being disrespectful, to the point that he told the VC that they are not his children, they cannot have a father like him, that the worst he could do was expel him. I was taken a back. this was the same PRO that his father knelt down to beg when he was initially suspended.
God Bless you.
Re: Breaking News!!! UNIBEN Senate Rusticated The SUG President, PRO and other Excos by OgaBuhari: 9:29pm On Feb 04, 2018
MarilynNash:
The president is Esan.
are you a student of uniben?
Re: Breaking News!!! UNIBEN Senate Rusticated The SUG President, PRO and other Excos by passionate87(m): 1:30am On Feb 05, 2018
this is total trash,our universities are reflections of the country,we are in shitholes.the VCS decided to intimidate the student by rusticating their leader on top a peaceful protest.oh my Uniben my alma mater I weep
Re: Breaking News!!! UNIBEN Senate Rusticated The SUG President, PRO and other Excos by hammer6F: 7:29pm On Feb 06, 2018
ireneony:
your own good grin
I remember wen one mod nack me ban till 3065.

at the bolded... grin grin grin
Re: Breaking News!!! UNIBEN Senate Rusticated The SUG President, PRO and other Excos by Nelsizzy(m): 8:53pm On Feb 06, 2018
EternalTruth:
but that guy is kinda right o. Are u Bini?
Right how? Is goodluck the only one given 2 years suspension? And mind you, Osemu.com was a little bit passive in all these. The PRO was the most vocal, so him getting a bigger punishment shouldn't be a surprise. I don't know why we have to tribalize every issue.
Re: Breaking News!!! UNIBEN Senate Rusticated The SUG President, PRO and other Excos by Nelsizzy(m): 8:58pm On Feb 06, 2018
Tosinmedia:
The sug bleeped up thats the main thing we should know
1. They did not do any meeting with the management before protesting about sch fees an hostel fees
Have they reduced it now
After there protest...
2. Protesting when convocation was on .. is like disgracing the whole management that they are not able to hold there student down
3. They went to protest on the most important day in the life of university of Benin
Disgrace d chancellor An the Vc an d management

Am not after them been rusticated but it was something they can talk with the management before they protest
Not after they protest that when they now want to hold meeting with the management
There was no dialogue and the hostel fee was reduced from 20k to 17k abi. Please be factual
Re: Breaking News!!! UNIBEN Senate Rusticated The SUG President, PRO and other Excos by nineteen52(m): 2:10pm On Apr 12, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ASUU Strike: What Is the update in your School? / 2015/2016 Uniport PG Admission Discussion Thread / From Kindergarten To Graduation: Photos Of A Mother And Daughter Go Viral On Twi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.