Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,509 members, 7,826,935 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) - Travel (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) (130218 Views)

Study In France - Process And Enquiries Thread / USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa / Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by chibuking1(m): 3:10pm On Feb 19
So them dem comot agents for the matter.... if u wan do am verification/legalisation. u go come do am by urself.... appointment u go get by urself too..... no transfer of appointment ...
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Oluwalofikemi11: 3:17pm On Feb 19
beevalley:
Latest update on verification and legalization

This €400 is it for both verification and legalization of documents?

1 Like

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by kovy077(m): 4:39pm On Feb 19
beevalley:

God help us in this Nigeria,
so hence forth it verification will be paid in foreign currency, where do they want to us to source currency?
What of legalisation fee will it be paid in EURO and is it the same fee of 80 EURO.
Chai Balabulu bulubala everywhere
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by kovy077(m): 4:43pm On Feb 19
Oluwalofikemi11:

This €400 is it for both verification and legalization of documents?

very important question but I think it's only for Legalization.
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by beevalley: 4:45pm On Feb 19
The 400€ is just for verification.
80€ per document is waiting for you after that

This one na real slippery slope

1 Like

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by kovy077(m): 4:49pm On Feb 19
beevalley:

How do an applicant prove that the documents will be used in Austria?
Does this means we have to secure admission before Legalisation or show written letter stating as requestment by the prospective university of interest?

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by beevalley: 5:03pm On Feb 19
We will figure it out
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Oluwalofikemi11: 5:24pm On Feb 19
This Austria wahala don Dey too much Abeg
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Oluwalofikemi11: 9:25pm On Feb 19
I have a question please, can one book a date for verification and legalization before one to ministry of education and foreign affairs . Is it advisable?
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by beevalley: 9:48pm On Feb 19
Oluwalofikemi11:
I have a question please, can one book a date for verification and legalization before one to ministry of education and foreign affairs . Is it advisable?

Its actually the way to go
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by lokoventurex1(m): 5:21pm On Feb 21
kovy077:

Its not true, I got a date from a contact here, Janda introduced me to a Lady who I paid and she got me a closer date for feb 9th, so you can get a closer date but na your money kill am,
How is what i said a lie ? What is the essence of paying for what you can do yourself ? The fact that they have increased legalisation fee doesn't still validate paying for dates through back door which is corruption to me.

1 Like

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Mehqzee: 12:33pm On Feb 22
lokoventurex1:

How is what i said a lie ? What is the essence of paying for what you can do yourself ? The fact that they have increased legalisation fee doesn't still validate paying for dates through back door which is corruption to me.

Fake people everywhere. How will you get a date when Austria is as strict as trying to separate a glued substance from another. Very impossible. Best bet, do it yourself or explore other countries. Be vigilant!

2 Likes

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by neutraldesignx: 1:47pm On Feb 22
Please guys my in my NECO result the order of my name is mixed up. My first name is in the place of my middle name, can I use affidavit for it during my Austria process? Or I should just go through the process of changing it at NECO. Thanks
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by lokoventurex1(m): 2:03pm On Feb 22
Mehqzee:

Fake people everywhere. How will you get a date when Austria is as strict as trying to separate a glued substance from another. Very impossible. Best bet, do it yourself or explore other countries. Be vigilant!
Even if he got it truly, i don't think they should be proud of it. It is corruption.

I am sorry i couldn't attend to your initial question. I'm sure you have gotten answers to them now, and i hope you are making progress with it ?
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by lokoventurex1(m): 2:50pm On Feb 22
Our seniors that opened the thread and answering people's questions, please come to our rescue on the thread. Questions are asked and very little answers are given to them. A week ago, some persons came on here and said a whole lot about their experiences in Austria. Which has made the pace at which this thread was going before slow down.

So i solicit for our people that have travelled earlier to keep us posted about their expriences and life generally in Austria. It will go a long way....

1 Like

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by kovy077(m): 10:31am On Feb 26
This thread is quiet, I believe alot of us are discouraged about the exchange rate and embassy fee changes, also can any one who has spent sometime in Austria over 3years tell us about their experience, as a person of colour, is there light at the end of the tunnel? I am to make a payment of close to 1milion naira for my legalisation in few weeks time, I would love to know, if it is worth it or channel my energy to another Country.
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by lokoventurex1(m): 1:12pm On Feb 26
[quote author=kovy077 post=128651843]This thread is quiet, I believe alot of us are discouraged about the exchange rate and embassy fee changes, also can any one who has spent sometime in Austria over 3years tell us about their experience, as a person of colour, is there light at the end of the tunnel? I am to make a payment of close to 1milion naira for my legalisation in few weeks time, I would love to know, if it is worth it or channel my energy to another Country.[/quote
I hope someone answers. We need to read more appealing testaments about Austria on the thread. It will wake the thread again. As for me, no going back. I have heard from my guy about Austria and he spoke well of it. I got to speak with another guy on this thread via email and he said i should make sure i learn German to B1/B2 level at least before coming.

But i will like to read more about Austria here so everyone can learn and take their decisions.
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by OluwasureGig: 2:19pm On Feb 26
[quote author=lokoventurex1 post=128654864][/quote]
I have an offer from university of Vienna since December and trust me no matter what the forex market says I’ll finish up with the process even if I have to borrow. Nigeria under Tinubu for the next 7 years will only get worse and if you give up now you’ll definitely regret it on the long run. I’m in constant communication with someone over there and she’s not saying anything negative about her stay there so far. For me , it’s a step to a better life and I know nothing comes easy. I’ll learn German, I’ll work and study in Austria and I’ll move to US or Canada when I’m done. That’s what I tell myself everyday. Nobody go motivate you if you no motivate yourself.

1 Like

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by chidiguru: 3:11pm On Feb 26
Hello everyone. Please I am new to this platform. I just came across it few minutes ago with Google search. I am interested in applying for Austrian student visa and will like to have a detailed information on the visa requirements from the Nigerian embassy. I will appreciate any link that will show me a step by step process to apply from Nigeria. Also, I am happy to welcome recommendations about cheap schools for studying M.Sc Linguistics in Austria. In the area of proof of fund, I need clarification to know if a friend living and working in Germany can give me letter "Haftungserklärung"(https://oead.at/en/to-austria/entry-and-residence/residence-permit-student-no-mobility-programme) showing that he can sponsor me. Please, I need a detailed information about this process if its obtainable. I have highlighted where I read about this on the attached document.
Thanks and looking forward to good response.

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by chidiguru: 3:23pm On Feb 26
Also, sorry I forgot to ask. What is the rate of getting visa appointment? Is it like Germany where one has to wait for 2 years before getting student visa appointment?
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by lokoventurex1(m): 7:27pm On Feb 26
chidiguru:
Also, sorry I forgot to ask. What is the rate of getting visa appointment? Is it like Germany where one has to wait for 2 years before getting student visa appointment?

I got to know this thread after a friend in Austria told me almost everything i needed to know. I searched for it here and met everything my friend told me. I will advise you read up the thread from the beginning. It's almost self explanatory.

Let me summarise it for you though, but if you want to understand it very well, read up the thread from the beginning.

Try get a school where you want to have your Masters or Undergraduate degree. See their requirements, if it is what you can meet up with, send an email to the program cordinator to ask whatever questions. In my case, i found University of Applied Sciences, Wiener. And they already told me i can submit unlegalised documents pending i will send the legalised ones. I am putting my documents together to authenticate at MOE and MOFA, while i have secured an appointment date at the Embassy later in the year. It is procedurial. When the time reaches for visa application, you will definitely know what to do. Don't let that be a problem. Even the proof of funds you spoke about is not supposed to be a problem. Once step at a time. Go and read the thread from the beginning as i said earlier.

Also, make sure you have at least a contact who is already in Austria. There are some things we won't say on the thread but a friend will tell you. Like someone already suggested up there, there is no going back on Austria for me too cos my mind is made up already. I got pained Verification fee went up, we have to rugged it and leave this country if not this year, early next year by God's grace.

2 Likes

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by lokoventurex1(m): 7:43pm On Feb 26
chidiguru:

From what we have read so far, once your verification is successful and you pay for legalisation, your chances increases to be booked for visa application and even the Residence Permit. The most critical part of this process is the verification period that will now be 4months according to the email i got from the Embassy.

1 Like

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by lokoventurex1(m): 7:44pm On Feb 26
OluwasureGig:

I have an offer from university of Vienna since December and trust me no matter what the forex market says I’ll finish up with the process even if I have to borrow. Nigeria under Tinubu for the next 7 years will only get worse and if you give up now you’ll definitely regret it on the long run. I’m in constant communication with someone over there and she’s not saying anything negative about her stay there so far. For me , it’s a step to a better life and I know nothing comes easy. I’ll learn German, I’ll work and study in Austria and I’ll move to US or Canada when I’m done. That’s what I tell myself everyday. Nobody go motivate you if you no motivate yourself.

You are doing well bro. We need more positive people like you here..
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by lextube: 3:38am On Feb 27
chidiguru:
Hello everyone. Please I am new to this platform. I just came across it few minutes ago with Google search. I am interested in applying for Austrian student visa and will like to have a detailed information on the visa requirements from the Nigerian embassy. I will appreciate any link that will show me a step by step process to apply from Nigeria. Also, I am happy to welcome recommendations about cheap schools for studying M.Sc Linguistics in Austria. In the area of proof of fund, I need clarification to know if a friend living and working in Germany can give me letter "Haftungserklärung"(https://oead.at/en/to-austria/entry-and-residence/residence-permit-student-no-mobility-programme) showing that he can sponsor me. Please, I need a detailed information about this process if its obtainable. I have highlighted where I read about this on the attached document.
Thanks and looking forward to good response.

Don't think about doing that. Germany is not Austria, they're two different countries. The embassy won't accept anything from Germany.

1 Like

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Freech: 5:10pm On Feb 27
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Kezifils(m): 10:39am On Feb 28
Abeg how una dey take send transcripts in. There is hardly a specific mail where one can send it to.
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by lokoventurex1(m): 3:08pm On Feb 28
Kezifils:
Abeg how una dey take send transcripts in. There is hardly a specific mail where one can send it to.

Get an agent in Abuja. If you already have the original copy, not student copy ooo. Student copy don't carrry score and grades, but School copy which you are not supposed to have carries grades and scores, send it to a designated address in Abuja via DHL, then your agent picks it up from there.

If you don't have it all, tell your school to send it via DHL to MOE, let your agent pick it up for you there. Whichever one is fine.
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by kovy077(m): 8:29am On Feb 29
This thread is quiet.
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by kovy077(m): 9:33am On Mar 01
Please I need help, from this email can I still request for an extention from University of Vienna for People who have gone through this phase, Vienna University stated that the grace period is 4 weeks maximum, what if my verification doesnt get completed f=before the 4 weeks? can I request for additional extension period?

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Botlex: 12:41pm On Mar 01
Please I want to be clarified on something... As some BSc courses require an English competence level of "B2","C1", e.t.c. Can someone just submit a letter of English proficiency from MOE in place of these English requirements.
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by kovy077(m): 12:59pm On Mar 01
Botlex:
Please I want to be clarified on something... As some BSc courses require an English competence level of "B2","C1", e.t.c. Can someone just submit a letter of English proficiency from MOE in place of these English requirements.

Yes, you can either from MOE or a letter of English Attestation from your school stating this.
O-Level result suffice for most schools as requirement. e.g University of Vienna and Salzburg
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by beevalley: 2:45pm On Mar 01
kovy077:
Please I need help, from this email can I still request for an extention from University of Vienna for People who have gone through this phase, Vienna University stated that the grace period is 4 weeks maximum, what if my verification doesnt get completed f=before the 4 weeks? can I request for additional extension period?

I believe the school is in the best position to respond to this. Kindly send an email to them requesting what you need

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (58) (Reply)

Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos) / Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries / Lagosian Turns Keke Into Rover.... To Avoid Ban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.