Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,457 members, 7,812,404 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:49 PM

General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) - Travel (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) (127387 Views)

Study In France - Process And Enquiries Thread / Anyone Staying Serbia Or Have Done Their Visa Process. / USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Didi233: 11:31am On Mar 02
Gudmornin house…please I have been trying to apply for undergraduate admission in medicine or pharmacy in some Austrian Universities but I can’t seem to find medicine or pharmacy…the only health course I’m seeing is nursing and the rest

Please is there a particular way I’m meant to apply for medicine or pharmacy or does anyone know schools in Austria that I can apply to for medicine or pharmacy ??
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by beevalley: 11:43am On Mar 02
Didi233:
Gudmornin house…please I have been trying to apply for undergraduate admission in medicine or pharmacy in some Austrian Universities but I can’t seem to find medicine or pharmacy…the only health course I’m seeing is nursing and the rest

Please is there a particular way I’m meant to apply for medicine or pharmacy or does anyone know schools in Austria that I can apply to for medicine or pharmacy ??

Do you speak German?
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Didi233: 5:34pm On Mar 02
beevalley:

Do you speak German?

I’m currently learning
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by beevalley: 5:47pm On Mar 02
Didi233:

I’m currently learning

Wait till your B1 good. Or check for other English taught courses.

Or try other European countries with English health courses
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Didi233: 6:18pm On Mar 02
beevalley:

Wait till your B1 good. Or check for other English taught courses.

Or try other European countries with English health courses
Ok but do you know universities in Austria where I can apply for medicine or pharmacy?
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by beevalley: 6:59pm On Mar 02
Didi233:

Ok but do you know universities in Austria where I can apply for medicine or pharmacy?

I don’t ma. But check
https://studyinaustria.at/en/study/institutions
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by OkanlawonB(m): 8:33pm On Mar 02
Didi233:

JKU Linz has a Faculty of Medicine, so also is the University of Graz, both are public universities.

Two other private Universities, Danube Private University in Krems and Sigmund Freud University in Vienna do offer Medicine.

The Private Universities are not subsidized for non EU citizens like the Public Unis where everyone pays the subsidized fee of about 760 euros per session.

Because of the limited available study spaces of Medicine in Austria, Germany and Swiss admission is restricted for non EU citizens.

For more detailed information, check the website of the Austrian Academic Exchange Service OEAD.AT

1 Like

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Didi233: 11:50pm On Mar 02
OkanlawonB:

JKU Linz has a Faculty of Medicine, so also is the University of Graz, both are public universities.

Two other private Universities, Danube Private University in Krems and Sigmund Freud University in Vienna do offer Medicine.

The Private Universities are not subsidized for non EU citizens like the Public Unis where everyone pays the subsidized fee of about 760 euros per session.

Because of the limited available study spaces of Medicine in Austria, Germany and Swiss admission is restricted for non EU citizens.

For more detailed information, check the website of the Austrian Academic Exchange Service OEAD.AT

Ok, Tnk u
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Didi233: 11:51pm On Mar 02
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Kezifils(m): 2:47pm On Mar 03
judahedet:
Hello Everyone, please I have been trying to get a date for Legalization but the portal doesn’t seem to be open,please how do I go about it? I’ve been on this for months and it’s almost seems like a dead end

Hello, have you succeeded in getting an appointment? If yes, do share how you did it.

I have been awake for 4 midnights now, 11:45 to 12:30 refeshing the site, but nothing pops up.
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by kovy077(m): 8:37pm On Mar 03
Kezifils:

Hello, have you succeeded in getting an appointment? If yes, do share how you did it.

I have been awake for 4 midnights now, 11:45 to 12:30 refeshing the site, but nothing pops up.

I bought my appointment for a closer date.
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Kezifils(m): 10:08pm On Mar 03
kovy077:

Sent you a dm. Pls respond, lets chat

1 Like

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Medunah: 9:10am On Mar 04
OluwasureGig:

I have an offer from university of Vienna since December and trust me no matter what the forex market says I’ll finish up with the process even if I have to borrow. Nigeria under Tinubu for the next 7 years will only get worse and if you give up now you’ll definitely regret it on the long run. I’m in constant communication with someone over there and she’s not saying anything negative about her stay there so far. For me , it’s a step to a better life and I know nothing comes easy. I’ll learn German, I’ll work and study in Austria and I’ll move to US or Canada when I’m done. That’s what I tell myself everyday. Nobody go motivate you if you no motivate yourself.
Hello kingly respond to your pm
Currently looking to gain admission into the same uni
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Nancyuche: 4:31pm On Mar 04
kovy077:

Is that possible
Lots of fake and scam ones tho
Some will tell you 300k some will say 150k
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by kovy077(m): 6:36pm On Mar 04
Nancyuche:

Is that possible
Lots of fake and scam ones tho
Some will tell you 300k some will say 150k

appointment 150k, I dont know of now but some persons who said it was fake or scam on this thread, I tried my luck, did my findings and have submmitted, I took the risk because I know what I want.
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by neutraldesignx: 8:27am On Mar 05
kovy077:

appointment 150k, I dont know of now but some persons who said it was fake or scam on this thread, I tried my luck, did my findings and have submmitted, I took the risk because I know what I want.
so how will you now change the booking information to your own?
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by kovy077(m): 8:41am On Mar 05
neutraldesignx:
so how will you now change the booking information to your own?

its the work of the agent.
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by lokoventurex1(m): 11:03am On Mar 05
kovy077:

Yes, i was one of those that criticised it. What's the usefulness of buying an appointment now? Even if you buy it now, verification fee for one person from March 1st is now €400 and €500 for a family of three. The only time it could have been fair is if you bought it and your appointment date was before March 1st.

I got my appointment for free February 14th and i shared it here. The hike in verification fee also affects me but we will pay it. For those that have not gotten date, don't buy! It doesnt make any economic sense. I understand the frustration, but exercise more patience. If you buy now, you will still pay the hiked verification fee, so why not keep the 150k or more you want to give an agent for free and you are still gonna pay the €500 or €400.

The appointment date is still in July. I also got july., let's hope they don't increase their stuff again.

And for you that got your appointment date earlier than March, good for you. Na man dey run, final decision dey God hand. Wish all of us well.

1 Like

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by neutraldesignx: 4:02pm On Mar 05
kovy077:

its the work of the agent.

dey play
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by neutraldesignx: 4:04pm On Mar 05
lokoventurex1:

Yes, i was one of those that criticised it. What's the usefulness of buying an appointment now? Even if you buy it now, verification fee for one person from March 1st is now €400 and €500 for a family of three. The only time it could have been fair is if you bought it and your appointment date was before March 1st.

I got my appointment for free February 14th and i shared it here. The hike in verification fee also affects me but we will pay it. For those that have not gotten date, don't buy! It doesnt make any economic sense. I understand the frustration, but exercise more patience. If you buy now, you will still pay the hiked verification fee, so why not keep the 150k or more you want to give an agent for free and you are still gonna pay the €500 or €400.

The appointment date is still in July. I also got july., let's hope they don't increase their stuff again.

And for you that got your appointment date earlier than March, good for you. Na man dey run, final decision dey God hand. Wish all of us well.
bro are we paying the 200k lawyer fee and this 400euros? Plus the 80euros per document? I just confuse
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by beevalley: 4:55pm On Mar 05
neutraldesignx:
bro are we paying the 200k lawyer fee and this 400euros? Plus the 80euros per document? I just confuse

Hahaha
Wetin happen!!

400€ first for verification
The 80€ per doc
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by lokoventurex1(m): 7:00pm On Mar 05
neutraldesignx:
We are not paying the 200k verification fee again, but €400 for a single applicant and €500 for a family of three. If you are married, i will advise you go for the €500 option, else, you might be paying another €400 for each of your dependant if you don't do their document with yours. It looks kinda difficult, but it is the reality for all of us.

We hope the €80 per document for legalisation doesn't change too.
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by HRprof: 9:13pm On Mar 06
Please how long does it take Austria embassy to process visa applications Is been 3 weeks I submitted my application for business visa and I need my passport back because i will be heading to another embassy soon.
Meanwhile last time I got Schengen visa it took just 7 days to be ready.
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by OdogwuHappyMan: 5:17am On Mar 07
Tochibelle:
This write up is for every Nigerian who is planning to JAPA to Europe especially to Austria and other none english speaking countries.
I am making this right up from Austria and out of personal experience not hear say. I am also not making this write up to discourage anybody, instill fear or out of hate for Austrians but out of my deep analysis of the Austrian and European (none english speaking) society and to caution my fellow nigerians before to they get into serious regrettable situation in the quest to relocate.
I spent a fortune coming to Austria with my family some few years back but as of today I totally regret and curse the day, I made that decision.
First I came here as a masters student, with the hopes of studying to land a better job afterwards. I also came with alot of professional work experience from Nigeria. As of today, I have made over two hundred applications for jobs, all have ended up in rejections. 40% of the rejections was received within few hours of my application.
That aside, I will advice Nigerians before you JAPA it is good one considers the following which are some of the mistake I made;
1. What is official language of the country you are migrating to? If it is not English language, please do not ever waste your time and money going there.
2. How many Nigerians and other black people live in that country?
Few blacks live here because blacks are not accepted by Austrians systematically. Most blacks here are very unhappy and are always considering going to another country. Also the suffering here is way too much. Pathways to getting a permanent residence is not open for black people either as an Assylum seeker or a graduate student.
3. What type of jobs do they do? Most Nigerians are suffering with menial unsteady work abroad but they will never tell you. In Austria for instance the number of Black people on Professional jobs is less than 1 percent. Some of those jobs were even obtained after donkey years of hard labour. If you think your case will be different, sorry is your name. Most Nigerians in Austrians only distribute Newspapers in the middle of every night. This is only jobs available for black people including graduates. You will still see 50-60 years old men in the middle of the night still moving from house to house throwing papers. If you call it hustle, I call it humiliation. Why cant blacks access better jobs? The answer is racism and hate. The professional white collar job circle is bureacractically closed against black people from third world countries.
If there is any job available, their law has it that an Austrian is first considered, second are citizens from other European countries and prolly North Americans, third are asians and then subsequently are animals before any black man. This explains why you see black graduates who are jobless, either selling newspaper in the middle of every night, or washing plates in restaurants (the lucky once).
I will advice, if you earn 200k in Nigeria, no matter the hardship, omo stay home and do business. Yes, I hear of kidnapping, rising cost of living but Nigeria is still better than being a slave in Austria. I am also fighting to get a job in Nigeria, of which if i get any, I will appear in Nigeria with any available flight.
4. What is the acceptability of black people into their society? Austria have always been ranked as the most unfriendly people/country in Europe and infact among all the western countries. Austrians hate their own fellow Europeans. Within few weeks of my arrival I made friends with Germans and Italians. They complained bitterly of rascism and hate even when they speak Deutsch and also adviced few us blacks to be prepared for these experiences or leave the country. I thought my case will be different, but as the days unfold and I faced the worsed bitter truth.
If Austrians can express hate to their fellow oyibo, bros as a black no matter your qualification, you are less than animal in the eyes of an Austrian.
5. Check the number of Nigerian graduates in that country and how they fared after graduation. Do not be deceived by their offer of Cheap education. Those cheap education is not designed for black people rather for themselves. Now note this, they simply made that system so you can study there and go home. For an employer to hire you as a black, the law states that you must be offered 3600 Euros per month Salary. This is a country were the average salary per month is 1200- 2000 Euros. Which employer will offer a black man 3600 Euros? Again they demand fluency in speak B1-B2 Deustch. Deutsch is one of the most difficult Language to learn in the world. Again Learning the language does not guarantee you a job in Austria as a black. The rule of considering Austrians, Other Europeans, North Americans, Asians, Animals before a black will still haunt you.
6. How many black people own businesses or are in positions of Authourities?
One of the ridiculous and shocking things I discovered here is that most black people here are not Business owners and even as employees, they are always in the lowest cadre in every organization. This is bad a sign for any potential Nigerian planning to come here, because you will eventually end up where your mates are. You will see Nigerians who have spent over 15 years here still doing menial jobs. So when you hear them say,'I will help you' omo all na wash. They no get any levels. No Nigerian is a boss in any establishment. I also noticed that sharp nigerian graduates, disappear once after graduation to english speaking countries. Austria is littered with black people with Asylum seeking status. 80 percent of the blacks you meet here are on assylum or migrated through it. Those people follow spoil our names for Austria. So in the eyes of Austrians, both Students and other black assylum are all same. We are all treated like piece of shit.
Here doing business is quite expensive and virtually impossible for blacks. The best you can see are Nigerians collecting used tyres for export and maybe one or two who own African shops (barely 0.001 percent of all the blacks in the country).
Back to my job haunting experience, I have to be honest with you folks, I made a very beautiful result and grades yet I have not secured an interview in 1 year and 7 months. I have inquired from Employers, Employees, Government offices AMS, Austrians why all these rejection. The Answer i get is that, ' you are from Africa and we do not know who you are'. I am not surprised, Hitler Adolf was an Austrian.....Now you should know who Austrians are. Those documents that you pay hundreds or thousand to legalize mean nothing here except to tell your school that they are not forged.
So fellow NIgerians, before you visit that Embassy in Nos 9 Ufuma Street Maitama, have a rethink. Austria is not worth spending a dime migrating to. I fully understand the terrible situation at home, but I would not encourage anyone to experience the constant depression, systematic rejection, racism and hate I face here. I am still spending my savings from Nigeria and the situation is not getting better. As I earlier stated, my greatest joy will come once I land a job at home and go back to my Nigeria. Most Nigerians here are also fond of not telling the truth, they will never tell u the real situation of things till you arrive here. Also do not judge by currency rates (1Euro = 1500 naira blablabla). I also stated that the average salary in Austria is in the range of 1000- 2000 Euros. Euros used to be 250# and someone on 400k naira salary or makes such in business is way more better than an Austrian. Remember rent is paid monthly, including various insurance. A 10 percent better Nigeria is better than Austria.
Life is not all about money. If the energy you spend doing menial work in Nigeria is spent hustling legitmately in Nigeria, omo you will make it in Life and still keep your diginity. My simple message is ' Do not migrate to Austria and other none english speaking countries'. You will have yourself to blame.

(whatsapp only)
Tony

You are just exhibiting a typical Nigerian unprepared lazy mind mentality.
If Austria is terrible, why are you still in the country?
Even with a newspaper distribution that pays you 500 euro per month can comfortably feed and house you in Austria until you get a better job.
You don't want to learn German but you want to do business in Austria?
I am in Austria just for few months and I can say if you make your plans well as well as develop yourself, the world won't even be your limit. Moving out of Nigeria to Austria has Alot of huge advantage....you easily can get good work in the whole world with good skill, no IP address geo- fencing...
Austria has very good social security once you are legit here.
Parents are paid cuz of children, 14th month salary, subsidized transport system for legit residents, hidden incentives. I never even get work because I dey focused on certain career development type of jobs.
Unless you are not friendly type.
And why post your WhatsApp number? What kind of desperation is that?

4 Likes

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by lokoventurex1(m): 5:46pm On Mar 07
OdogwuHappyMan:

You are just exhibiting a typical Nigerian unprepared lazy mind mentality.
If Austria is terrible, why are you still in the country?
Even with a newspaper distribution that pays you 500 euro per month can comfortably feed and house you in Austria until you get a better job.
You don't want to learn German but you want to do business in Austria? 7
I am in Austria just for few months and I can say if you make your plans well as well as develop yourself, the world won't even be your limit. Moving out of Nigeria to Austria has Alot of huge advantage....you easily can get good work in the whole world with good skill, no IP address geo- fencing...
Austria has very good social security once you are legit here.
Parents are paid cuz of children, 14th month salary, subsidized transport system for legit residents, hidden incentives. I never even get work because I dey focused on certain career development type of jobs.
Unless you are not friendly type.
And why post your WhatsApp number? What kind of desperation is that?
God bless you bro. I have not left Nigeria and i already replied him with most of what you just told him. I am learning German already and making great progress. Also doing an IT course sideways. I don't understand why somene will be very lazy like him. He got some persons here to discourage on his private whatsapp chat, but i got one back via email. He has gone ahead to poison people's mind ..

I have never seen an enemy of progress like him before. Full of negetivities. He even said German language is difficult to learn. I have never experienced any difficulty so far. I am glad people like you could come out to buttress my point. Please bro, we need more positive vibes like you on this thread. At your leisure, please drop latest development for us here, a lot of silent readers are here like kilode..
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Ademike007(m): 10:12am On Mar 08
Kezifils:

There are lots of people applying, you need to be fast and have your details nearby.
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by sihamey: 1:52pm On Mar 08
I got email today from Austria Embassy to come for interview in Abuja next week
Have anybody experienced interview with Austria embassy and what are the likely questions
Should I go with any documents as I have already submitted required documents and they did not indicate I should come with any
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Kezifils(m): 4:15pm On Mar 08
Ademike007:

There are lots of people applying, you need to be fast and have your details nearby.

Kindly share some of the details required at what time of the day did you apply?

1 Like

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by RGRNetwork: 5:25pm On Mar 08
sihamey:
I got email today from Austria Embassy to come for interview in Abuja next week
Have anybody experienced interview with Austria embassy and what are the likely questions
Should I go with any documents as I have already submitted required documents and they did not indicate I should come with any

nothing lyk interview just go and submit ur passport and money
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by beevalley: 5:29pm On Mar 08
RGRNetwork:

Fear catch me. Thought it’s a new development again
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by sihamey: 8:37pm On Mar 08
RGRNetwork:

submitted 3 weeks ago and i got email to come for interview in Abuja Embassy.
have you processed Austrian Visa before?

Someone got same interview invite in 2020

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (57) (Reply)

From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story / Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA / Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.