Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,824 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Religion As It Affects Nigeria Politics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Religion As It Affects Nigeria Politics (660 Views)

Will The War Affects Nigeria. / Salvador Urges U.S., U.K., E.U. To Stop Interfering In Nigeria’s Politics / Zoning, Religion As Factors In Ekiti 2018 Guber Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religion As It Affects Nigeria Politics by chapatti: 12:48am On Feb 04, 2018
When you get to Saudi Arabia, what unites then as a Nation? When you get to Iran, what unites them as a Nation? When you get to Israel, what unites them as a Nation? When you get to Australia, what unites them as a Nation? What about our Nation Nigeria, what have been our unifying factor? In Saudi Arabia, religion unites them. In Iran, same thing (Islam). In Australia we talk about Christianity (Religion) in Israel religion too (Judaism). But in Nigeria, what have been our unifying factor? GREED. I repeat GREED GREED AND GREED.
It has become of no surprise that Religion has taken a deep root position of importance in Nigerian politics. Religion such as Christianity, Islam and African Traditional Religion are the ones found in the country. It so clear that these various religions are very much intertwined with political activities in the country and as a result, it has shaped the political landscape of the Nation.

But as it has come to those who holds political offices have misused religion as a tool to get to power while the religious leaders on their own are mishandling it to get personal gain from those who hold public office. Permit me to say that religion as it where has been negatively used here in Nigerian regarding politics since independence.

As a child growing up, i never saw Nigeria as a society with a people who shares a common interest rather i have always seen Nigeria as a mere geographical expression. What more can we say about a nation where religion have been the norms for supporting a particular candidate irrespective of the person's incapability. In Nigeria, federal elections are won based on the religion who has more population. Yeah. The only reason Muhammadu Buhari won the last presidential election was because, the Christians as it where betrayed their own because they where simply tired of PDP. If not, the Nation would have been ruled by an christian. You, the fact that one is a muslim or claims to be born again does not make such a one a valid aspirant. My point is that, Nigeria as a Nation has a lot to learn as far politics is concerned.
For the full article, click here
Re: Religion As It Affects Nigeria Politics by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 1:14am On Feb 04, 2018
Yes we have a lot to learn you talk true but religion should have nothing to do with politics except if it is an ideology we should vote based on merit instead of religion?Although we now realise Buhari did not merit it I would never vote a candidate based on religion.Your comparison of what unites those countries politics as religion is vague why did you not use countries that practice better politics and democracy as an example?I find it hard to believe that Australian politics are influenced by religion.When we start playing ideological and matured politics that does not include cross carpeting and propaganda including stealing of ballot boxes and sharing food and money during elections then I would know Nigeria is playing politics as of now it is "hide and seek".
Re: Religion As It Affects Nigeria Politics by CAPSLOCKED: 9:43am On Feb 04, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Yes we have a lot to learn you talk true but religion should have nothing to do with politics except if it is an ideology we should vote based on merit instead of religion?Although we now realise Buhari did not merit it I would never vote a candidate based on religion.Your comparison of what unites those countries politics as religion is vague why did you not use countries that practice better politics and democracy as an example?I find it hard to believe that Australian politics are influenced by religion.When we start playing ideological and matured politics that does not include cross carpeting and propaganda including stealing of ballot boxes and sharing food and money during elections then I would know Nigeria is playing politics as of now it is "hide and seek".

YOU CAN NOT REMOVE POLITICS FROM RELIGION, NEITHER CAN YOU REMOVE RELIGION FROM POLITICS.

CHRISTIANITY, FOR EXAMPLE, IS A RELIGION FOUNDED WITH A POLITICAL AMBITION, BY THE NUMBER ONE CHIEFTAIN OF POLITICS; "ROME".

BECAUSE POLITICS DEPENDS ON RELIGION AND RELIGION IS POLITICS, THEY BOTH SERVE AS TOOLS OF ENSLAVEMENT, FOR MASS CONTROL, AND IS OF PROFIT ONLY TO THE HIGHLY PLACED PEOPLE IN THE SOCIETY.

THEY WILL BOTH REMAIN THE BIGGEST CAUSES OF BLINDNESS, BACKWARDNESS, AND DEATH.

1 Like

Re: Religion As It Affects Nigeria Politics by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:43am On Feb 04, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

YOU CAN NOT REMOVE POLITICS FROM RELIGION, NEITHER CAN YOU REMOVE RELIGION FROM POLITICS.

CHRISTIANITY, FOR EXAMPLE, IS A RELIGION FOUNDED WITH A POLITICAL AMBITION, BY THE NUMBER ONE CHIEFTAIN OF POLITICS; "ROME".

BECAUSE POLITICS DEPENDS ON RELIGION AND RELIGION IS POLITICS, THEY BOTH SERVE AS TOOLS OF ENSLAVEMENT, FOR MASS CONTROL, AND IS OF PROFIT ONLY TO THE HIGHLY PLACED PEOPLE IN THE SOCIETY.

THEY WILL BOTH REMAIN THE BIGGEST CAUSES OF BLINDNESS, BACKWARDNESS, AND DEATH.
No wonder they say the rulers see religion as a useful tool.
Re: Religion As It Affects Nigeria Politics by uba1991: 12:45pm On Feb 04, 2018
d worst thing dat ever happened to dis con3 is RELIGION
Re: Religion As It Affects Nigeria Politics by ZingyRacy(f): 11:01pm On May 15, 2019
Mission accomplished. It's graceful mate

(1) (Reply)

Despite Owing 8months Salary, Ikpeazu Spends N500m To Inspect Uncompleted Projec / Bloomberg Latest list of World's Most Miserable Economies - Nigeria absent / I Have Fulfilled My Major Promises – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.