Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,574 members, 7,812,868 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:01 PM

Animals That Feel Pains Of Birth, Did They Eat The Forbidden Apple Too? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Animals That Feel Pains Of Birth, Did They Eat The Forbidden Apple Too? (55835 Views)

Is It True The Forbidden Fruit In The Garden Was Sex? (Photo) / Truly, The Forbidden Fruit Is Sex! / One Question You Must Ask Yourself Before You Eat The Forbidden Fruit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Animals That Feel Pains Of Birth, Did They Eat The Forbidden Apple Too? by karli4nia(m): 7:35pm On Feb 04, 2018
royalamour:
So sometimes I see animals give birth and they moan and groan as a result of the pains they feel.

And I start to wonder if they ate the forbidden fruit and was cursed too.

So why do they feel pains like children of Eve?

I think that while story is mythological. In its true picture, it is an allegory that can't be fully understood without prior knowledge in kaballah and alchemy.

But just lemme try.. Intellectual animals (humanoids) are degenerated humans! Until we transcend the level of mere intellectual animals, we are still subject to some of the laws that govern their existence.
Re: Animals That Feel Pains Of Birth, Did They Eat The Forbidden Apple Too? by Writs: 7:38pm On Feb 04, 2018
JudgementHammer:

Since you can think, you should have also thought of why you have to wear clothes to cover ur nakkeedness unlike animals, why u have d highest developed brain among animals and why you can't pick foods from the floor or have sex on the streets without being shy. The same proof that equates you with animals as long as labour pain is concerned, should competently equate you with them in those areas too. Your thinking is half-done just like an animal's thinking shd be.

Do you know that animals struggles to get food existed with them before God created man on d 6th day. When God created Lions and other animals in d world, they immediately begin their struggle to fight for prey and the preys with immediate sense to elude their predators. They were also created with their physiological responses to childbirth.

Man alone was d one created out of special consideration..God said now let's create man In our image and likeness, why were animals not so lucky? After creating them in his likeness, be also put them in a special garden called eden guarded by angels. They were so special, they were d only one that could talk and with the highest developed brain. In the same special way, he made them without labour pain until they brought themselves under the curse by eating the forbidden fruit as recorded in the bible and also had to be clothed unlike animals.

These special creations of God...
Re: Animals That Feel Pains Of Birth, Did They Eat The Forbidden Apple Too? by DavidEsq(m): 7:38pm On Feb 04, 2018
Exciton:

Going through with this line of reasoning, one has to wonder why pain (no matter how small) existed BEFORE the original sin as everything was perfect and Adam+Eve were created in his image. Wouldn't make sense for pain to exist before the curse.

But like NPComplete said, these arguments are only for educational purposes. [b]They're trivial compared to other logical inconsistencies in the Bib[/b]le.
Pls cld u set out the "logical inconsistencies"?

1 Like

Re: Animals That Feel Pains Of Birth, Did They Eat The Forbidden Apple Too? by gmoney12: 7:53pm On Feb 04, 2018
Mhyketh:

bro you are meant to not understand everything, even if you get an answer to this you'll still come up with more questions. But know one thing our God is not mocked.
I will leave you to your stupidity!!
Re: Animals That Feel Pains Of Birth, Did They Eat The Forbidden Apple Too? by Westani: 7:57pm On Feb 04, 2018
It is simple.. really not as complicated as many make it seem. This is not even up for argument. Animals where created before humans with that curse. So as soon as eve ate the apple. The curse was also placed on humans who God have actually initially created in his image. Animals had the curse first before humans. So there is no way the decree of God on eve would have affected them again. This is my simple understanding of this.
Re: Animals That Feel Pains Of Birth, Did They Eat The Forbidden Apple Too? by NPComplete: 8:14pm On Feb 04, 2018
butterflyl1on:

If you would speak this way devoid of your usual vitriol then I would have this conversation with you.

Let me post the King James version as you said

It says I WILL MULTIPLY THY SORROW.

What is meant to be multiplied in that passage? THY SORROW!

This means that there was sorrow already there in small measure but you and I know that there is no sorrow during labour so sorrow there means the PAIN during childbirth.

Going further to say IN SORROW SHALL THOU BRING FORTH CHILDREN was said after the multiplication of an already existing sorrow/pain

That scripture was not refering to lenght of time alone but also at intensity. The longer the labour, the longer the pain/sorrow.

So even what you thought was wrong is actually right.

Lenght of duration of labour is right
Length and intensity of pain is right.

What we know is that there is pain so be it a lengthy labour or a short one, an already existing pain/ sorrow has been multiplied.

Eve did not have to give birth before to know there would be pain. The one who made her (God) just let her in on something she shouldn't have known at that time. He created her and designed her for fruitfulness and multiplication (conception and delivery) so he also knew pain in some degree would be involved.

Who says the sorrow has anything specific to do with labour or childbirth? It just says sorrow. It is u that is tying that sorrow to childbirth specifically. It means general sorrow.

Then it went on to specifically mention something about lengthening the conception. And then it also talked about making the birth after the conception, that is the labour, painful. It is u that is trying to shoehorn everything into the word "sorrow".

Lengthening of conception time is not the same as increase in labour pains. The verse was very clear about that. That's why it is spelt out.

1 Like

Re: Animals That Feel Pains Of Birth, Did They Eat The Forbidden Apple Too? by orunto27: 8:17pm On Feb 04, 2018
Yes. They ate.
Re: Animals That Feel Pains Of Birth, Did They Eat The Forbidden Apple Too? by butterflyl1on: 8:20pm On Feb 04, 2018
NPComplete:

Who says the sorrow has anything to do with labour or childbirth. It just says sorrow it is u that is tying that sorrow to childbirth. It means general sorrow.
Then it went on to specifically mention something about lengthening the conception. And then it also talked about making the birth after the conception painful. It is u that is trying to shoehorn everything into the word "sorrow".

It does not mean GENERAL SORROW. read again below.

Genesis 3:16 King James Version (KJV)

16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

It first started by saying the womans sorrow/ pain would be greatly multiplied (increased be it in duration or intensity) and in the same breathe a little further it now SPECIFIED the area the sorrow/pain would be focussed on. That area is in bringing forth children.

How you are seeing "general sorrow" is simply fascinating.

1 Like

Re: Animals That Feel Pains Of Birth, Did They Eat The Forbidden Apple Too? by NPComplete: 8:36pm On Feb 04, 2018
butterflyl1on:

It does not mean GENERAL SORROW. read again below.

Genesis 3:16 King James Version (KJV)

16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

It first started by saying the womans sorrow/ pain would be greatly multiplied (increased be it in duration or intensity) and in the same breathe a little further it now SPECIFIED the area the sorrow/pain would be focussed on. That area is in bringing forth children.

How you are seeing "general sorrow" is simply fascinating.

Nope. Guy this thing na English na. I will greatly multiply thy sorrow AND thy conception. Sorrow is general sorrow. Conception is specific about the length of time of carrying the baby in the womb.

Then it goes on with the curse: In sorrow thou shalt bring forth children. This one says nothing about increasing anything. But the beginning of it. If not it should have said "in more sorrow". And thy desires shall be to thy husband, meaning up until that moment her desires would have been to herself. If not it would have said "thy desires shall be MORE to thy husband".

She had other sorrows before. And those sorrows couldnt have been labour because she hadnt given birth before then. By adding these new curses thus has her sorrow been increased.

I know u get what I am saying but your need to defend your religion will make u seek other ways to interpret this.

5 Likes

Re: Animals That Feel Pains Of Birth, Did They Eat The Forbidden Apple Too? by KushLyon(m): 8:42pm On Feb 04, 2018
JudgementHammer:

You simply are confused

you are the confused one here bro.... from the comments I have read so far, your stupidity is legendary....it's a good thing stupidity isn't contagious

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Animals That Feel Pains Of Birth, Did They Eat The Forbidden Apple Too? by adahkennedy(m): 8:50pm On Feb 04, 2018
Your curiosity is recommended for all
The creation of man was different from animals........
Though not recorded, animals were created to have labour cos they were not created in d image of God.
Man was not made for struggles of any kind but to take dominion and that's simple. Man lost his dominion thru his fall and he was cast out of Eden with a curse and labour happens to be one of them.
Exodus chapter 1 depicts the women of Israel giving birth without special help because the glory of God was with them as they found favour in his eyes......
So brethren
Animals were created to feel pain, struggle and die after that life ends because they don't av a soul but Man was created to dominate not struggle and reign even after death in heaven this glory is still possible only thru Jesus Christ

1 Like

Re: Animals That Feel Pains Of Birth, Did They Eat The Forbidden Apple Too? by butterflyl1on: 8:54pm On Feb 04, 2018
NPComplete:

Nope. Guy this thing na English na. I will greatly multiply thy sorrow AND thy conception. Sorrow is general sorrow. Conception is specific about the length of time of carrying the baby in the womb.

Then it goes on with the curse: In sorrow thou shalt bring forth children. This one says nothing about increasing anything. But the beginning of it. And thy desires shall be to thy husband, meaning up until that moment her desires would have been to herself.

She had other sorrows before. And those sorrows couldnt have been labour because she hadnt given birth before then. By adding these new curses thus has her sorrow been increased.

I know u get what I am saying but your need to defend your religion will make u seek other ways to interpret this.

You seem not to get it. We are not talking about conception but childbirth. There is no sorrow / pain attached to conception. The sorrow / pain was specific for childbirth.

The sorrow/ pain was specific for childbirth. Eve has absolutely no general sorrows prior to this. If that scripture had not mentioned sorrow at childbirth then you would be right. It did not say I WILL. MULTIPLY THY SORROWS (plural) as that would show she had other sorrows in her life. It says SORROW (singular) and that singular specificatiom was for childbirth.

Unless you want to tell me that sorrow which is singular can now be used to cover more than one sorrowful event.

Per the reference to her husband that scripture meant DESPITE THIS INCREASED SORROW /PAIN IN CHILDBIRTH SHE WOULD STILL DESIRE HER HUSBAND. Not desiring him just in adoration but also desiring him to allow him impregnate her again and again and she would go through the pain/sorrow again and again each time.

1 Like

Re: Animals That Feel Pains Of Birth, Did They Eat The Forbidden Apple Too? by Robynwelo1(f): 8:58pm On Feb 04, 2018
NPComplete:

Then it goes on with the curse: In sorrow thou shalt bring forth children. This one says nothing about increasing anything. But the beginning of it. If not it should have said "in more sorrow". And thy desires shall be to thy husband, meaning up until that moment her desires would have been to herself. If not it would have said "thy desires shall be MORE to thy husband".

Your ability to decern is awe-inspiring. Thank you for this.

3 Likes

Re: Animals That Feel Pains Of Birth, Did They Eat The Forbidden Apple Too? by butterflyl1on: 8:59pm On Feb 04, 2018
NPComplete let me simplify this.

This is what God said.

1. I will greatly multiply thy sorrow.
2. I will greatly multiply thy conception.

Those are two separate comments talking about 2 different issues.

1 is sorrow (unknown initially)
The second is length of conception (which has no sorrow attached to it but just an increase in conception)

This discussion is about sorrow and not increase in conception.

God now went further to specifically say the area this sorrow would be for and he said it would be for childbirth.

This is pretty simple.

The moment the term MULTIPLY was used it should show you that there was an already established and existing parameter this multiplication was to work on.

1 Like

Re: Animals That Feel Pains Of Birth, Did They Eat The Forbidden Apple Too? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Feb 04, 2018
Exciton:

Going through with this line of reasoning, one has to wonder why pain (no matter how small) existed BEFORE the original sin as everything was perfect and Adam+Eve were created in his image. Wouldn't make sense for pain to exist before the curse.

But like NPComplete said, these arguments are only for educational purposes. They're trivial compared to other logical inconsistencies in the Bible.

this boy sense will not kill you cool
Re: Animals That Feel Pains Of Birth, Did They Eat The Forbidden Apple Too? by adahkennedy(m): 9:03pm On Feb 04, 2018
To forward put
All men all sinned and fall short of d glory of God
In order words we re just like animals basically and the scriptures says ye are gods, sons of d most high but we will die like mere men..........
We are mere man until we find favour in his eyes and receive salvation.
The glory of the lord brings dominion and the world earnestly awaits the manifestations of the sons of God......for the agenda of God for man is to awesome that even the curse on the serpent says he will crush its head and it will bruise his heel so man still av d upper hand even in dis fallen state.
The glory is the key to painless labour, struggles and addiction so accept Jesus and receive glory today.

1 Like

Re: Animals That Feel Pains Of Birth, Did They Eat The Forbidden Apple Too? by Dineneering(f): 9:06pm On Feb 04, 2018
The sin of early man (Adam n eve) not only affects the animals it also affected the ground.
Recall the erra of Noah, animals, plants etc were destroyed but only man sinned.

2 Likes

Re: Animals That Feel Pains Of Birth, Did They Eat The Forbidden Apple Too? by butterflyl1on: 9:15pm On Feb 04, 2018
NPCcomplete before you refute anything you hate you need to first pause and at least attempt to be intelligent about it.

Why would God specifically talk about multiplying conception? The natural thing that follows conception is childbirth isn't it? If the woman had general sorrows initially why then was God specific about the comment "AND CONCEPTION"?.

he could have said "and eye sight, or and heart, or an anything else. Why conception?

This was because his focus was on her childbirth and which is why her multiplied sorrow is for her childbirth. So despite an increase in conception, her delivery would be very uncomfortable and with increased pain.

I am sure that by now you now I speak the truth but would still wish to hold your irreligious view as best you can.

1 Like

Re: Animals That Feel Pains Of Birth, Did They Eat The Forbidden Apple Too? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Feb 04, 2018
I don't want to be much involved in this argument but it seems I have to be,now to all you Christians claiming that the curse was to INCREASE the pain of childbearing now the question becomes

WHY WAS SUCH PAIN NECESSARY AT THE FIRST PLACE CONSIDERING THAT THEY HAD NOT EATEN THE APPLE

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Animals That Feel Pains Of Birth, Did They Eat The Forbidden Apple Too? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Feb 04, 2018
JudgementHammer:

Since you can think, you should have also thought of why you have to wear clothes to cover ur nakkeedness unlike animals, why u have d highest developed brain among animals and why you can't pick foods from the floor or have sex on the streets without being shy. The same proof that equates you with animals as long as labour pain is concerned, should competently equate you with them in those areas too. Your thinking is half-done just like an animal's thinking shd be.

Do you know that animals desires to get food existed with them before God created man on d 6th day. When God created Lions and other animals in d world, they immediately began their struggle to fight for prey and the preys with immediate sense to elude their predators. They were also created with their physiological responses to childbirth.

Man alone was d one created out of special consideration..God said now let's create man In our image and likeness, why were animals not so lucky? After creating them in his likeness, he also put them in a special garden called eden guarded by angels. They were so special, they were d only one that could talk and with the highest developed brain. In the same special way, he made them without labour pain until they brought themselves under the curse by eating the forbidden fruit as recorded in the bible and also had to be clothed unlike animals.

how did u know he created them without pain during labor?. Did eve ever conceive in the garden at first without pain?
Re: Animals That Feel Pains Of Birth, Did They Eat The Forbidden Apple Too? by butterflyl1on: 9:20pm On Feb 04, 2018
darkchild64:
I don't want to be much involved in this argument but it seems I have to be,now to all you Christians claiming that the curse was to INCREASE the pain of childbearing now the question becomes

WHY WAS SUCH PAIN NECESSARY AT THE FIRST PLACE CONSIDERING THAT THEY HAD NOT EATEN THE APPLE

Were nerves or physical sensory perception / feelings created later or at creation? Will you say that man at creation lacked the sensation of touch, taste, could not feel the heat of fire, the sun, etc?

1 Like

Re: Animals That Feel Pains Of Birth, Did They Eat The Forbidden Apple Too? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Feb 04, 2018
JudgementHammer:

Lol so to you culture superceedes creation. Who made culture? Now who created those who made culture?

Picking food on d floor is inspired by poverty and not a physiological response.

You don't have point bro. Your argument is still half-baked.
then who created those who created those that made culture?
Re: Animals That Feel Pains Of Birth, Did They Eat The Forbidden Apple Too? by gbemi514: 9:30pm On Feb 04, 2018
How do you know the animals are in pain.... Because of their sound? When chickens lay eggs do you hear scream?
Ooh please stop bringing questions that you know you can't even give a good counter answer to.
Re: Animals That Feel Pains Of Birth, Did They Eat The Forbidden Apple Too? by adahkennedy(m): 9:41pm On Feb 04, 2018
Animals were created to struggle for resources and have labour but man was made in the image and likeness of God. This means man is like God and made to dominate both on earth and in heaven......so man losing this glory by fall into sin thru rebellion was cursed to become mere man who is like an animal.
The curse brought pain, sorrow, evil and all such of things and only those who found favour in d eyes of God and keep his commandments were exempted.....in exodus 1, the women of Israel were notable in their delivery as they did it without help or with ease because of the lord's favour.
So animals were born into struggle but that's not d agenda of God for man but it seems so now and only will experience this glory and that glory is the image of God that makes us dominate even Daniel was with lions and he was fine.........because the glory was in him.
So the question is
Is the glory in you?

1 Like

Re: Animals That Feel Pains Of Birth, Did They Eat The Forbidden Apple Too? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Feb 04, 2018
butterflyl1on:

Were nerves or physical sensory perception / feelings created later or at creation? Will you say that man at creation lacked the sensation of touch, taste, could not feel the heat of fire, the sun, etc?

are u trying to go for a logical explanation,well I expect u first tell me why a snake could even converse with a human at the first place and why the lions would be running errands for adam

1 Like

Re: Animals That Feel Pains Of Birth, Did They Eat The Forbidden Apple Too? by 1Sharon(f): 9:42pm On Feb 04, 2018
gmoney12:
fill ur self with d holy spirit and answer the question

grin
Re: Animals That Feel Pains Of Birth, Did They Eat The Forbidden Apple Too? by lebete3000: 9:43pm On Feb 04, 2018
NPComplete:

Nonsense. Please stop fouling this thread with such unintelligent responses. I am weary of responding to such folly.

Nope actually it is modern hygiene and health is what has stopped people from picking food from the streets. Even in the middle ages, rich people were not having their baths and if their food falls on the ground they ate it.

Do u know that if u train a dog to eat from a bowl and in the house it will become very choosy about what and where it eats? The only reason u can boast about not eating from the street is abundance and training. If there were to be a famine now, u won't be any different from those feral animals u disdain. When push comes to shove, u will lose all this human exclusivity in which u are so conceited.

The only reason I am replying is because of other people that will come and read this thread. Not because I think u are smart enough to understand sound arguments. Cheers

Chei! I want to be like you when I grow up cos you sabi deliver better uppercut.

Pls keep it coming, I dey enjoy you bro!

2 Likes

Re: Animals That Feel Pains Of Birth, Did They Eat The Forbidden Apple Too? by fakuta(f): 9:44pm On Feb 04, 2018
you are dumb bro
JudgementHammer:

Lol you're just one embittered ignoramus. I should be d one getting irritated with ur folly. You post to please people.

Wish to see you on your sick bed after accident has claimed ur mobility then will wonder who you will call upon.
Re: Animals That Feel Pains Of Birth, Did They Eat The Forbidden Apple Too? by saifuhot: 9:45pm On Feb 04, 2018
[quote author=JudgementHammer post=64770330]

Do you know that animals desires to get food existed with them before God created man on d 6th day. When God created Lions and other animals in d world, they immediately began their struggle to fight for prey and the preys with immediate sense to elude their predators. They were also created with their physiological responses to childbirth.

Man alone was d one created out of special consideration..God said now let's create man In our image and likeness, why were animals not so lucky? After creating them in his likeness, he also put them in a special garden called eden guarded by angels. They were so special, they were d only one that could talk and with the highest developed brain. In the same special way, he made them without labour pain until they brought themselves under the curse by eating the forbidden fruit as recorded in the bible and also had to be clothed unlike animals.

I'm not surprised how you got over 200 likes,Reason because most nairalanders are not mentally developed also most of them regard bible as their holy book
I'm must applaud your literature aside that you never defended the question.
Re: Animals That Feel Pains Of Birth, Did They Eat The Forbidden Apple Too? by butterflyl1on: 9:45pm On Feb 04, 2018
darkchild64:

are u trying to go for a logical explanation,well I expect u first tell me why a snake could even converse with a human at the first place and why the lions would be running errands for adam

I answered in line with your question and here you are now jumping to something else entirely.

Is it impossible to believe a snake would converse? Is it also impossible to believe a parrot can talk?

Lions are like dogs in your home. They can be domesticated and if treated nice would love you with their life.

I watched a YouTube video about a woman who raised 3 lioness cubs and they got taken from her when they were almost fully grown. She never saw them for 5 years but one day went to see them and they still recognised her and were jumping all around her and licking and hugging her.

By the way, can you show the scripture that talks about lions running errands for Adam.

Edit : it was 2 lion cubs and she went to visit them 7 years later and not 5 years. Here is the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYdJbWBADBI

And here is another about a pride of 4 lions who have taken a woman who raised them as cubs as the leader of the pride.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f8Hpid8YWA

1 Like

Re: Animals That Feel Pains Of Birth, Did They Eat The Forbidden Apple Too? by lebete3000: 9:46pm On Feb 04, 2018
JudgementHammer:

Lol you're just one embittered ignoramus. I should be d one getting irritated with ur folly. You post to please people.

Wish to see you on your sick bed after accident has claimed ur mobility then will wonder who you will call upon.

He will make a well informed decision by calling on a competent Medic instead of a mòron who goes to a church to fool himself.

1 Like

Re: Animals That Feel Pains Of Birth, Did They Eat The Forbidden Apple Too? by 1Sharon(f): 9:47pm On Feb 04, 2018
Odessey:
you deserve to be honour. you are the best. d best educated and mature ever. God bles u

It has come to this? Why are you quoting ur self?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (22) (Reply)

Deeper Life Church Pastor Kumuyi’s Son’ Wedding In Jamaica Sparks Controversy / Woman Accuses Pastor Walker Of Sleeping With Her Daughter In Mississippi / Meet Kehinde Adegbolahan, The Assistant General Overseer Of MFM? (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 154
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.