Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,026 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa (18279 Views)

Checkout Jackie Appiah's Controversial T-shirt That Got Fans Talking / Queen Nwokoye Wins Best Actress At BON After Clinching ZAFAA Award / Who Is More Pretty, Jackie Appiah Or Nigerian Actress Genevieve Nnaji? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by kech(f): 7:29pm On Apr 19, 2010
Okay guys, let's get the story straight. BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A LEADING ROLE went to[size=14pt] Jackie Appiah, Lydia Forson and Naa Ashokor Mensa-Doku.[/size] The three of them won. I still don't see how Jackie won ooo. Her face lights up the screen no doubt. Nice teeth and all. But I still don't get how she won best actress I'm sorry. Lydia is more believable. I think the success of "The perfect picture" did it for her. I knew Jackie was going to win though. Not because I thought she deserved it, but because I knew they were going to give it to her. I wonder why they didn't give the award to one person. Even I can pick the best from the three. I know a lot about picking people for awards, and you get one for one of these three reasons. (1) You deserve it; (2) As a source of encouragement; and (3) To pacify you, or the public.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by cooltobex(m): 7:33pm On Apr 19, 2010
i would say in the movie of hers which i have watched (the king is mine), she acted brilliantly well, with all the facial expression and body movement. don't criticize, she deserves the award. thumbs up girl grin
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by londoner: 7:43pm On Apr 19, 2010
@gamine have you seen "Ije", "The Figurine" or "Bursting out" ?

The trailers look really good. Like you, I watched a "A Perfect Picture" because of all the hype around it. I came away disappointed. It did set a benchmark for production quality in African films though I must say.

Check out:

Ije

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBmbd2-7zAI

The Figurine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbtcwK_KQ4o

Bursting out - With that sexy Majid, lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPOBIGtgGrI&feature=related
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by omar22(m): 7:49pm On Apr 19, 2010
@Omar22, you need to allow people their opinions, I have mine just like you have yours. I feel she is not a good actress I am entitled to my view. I also feel" a perfect picture" was absolutes garbage, Although the quality of the picture and the sound was a breakthrough as well as the directing. Until now, I can not tell you what the storyline was. Apart from a friggid honeymoon night.

I do apologise, but some peoples views is here, reading between the lines, its out of bitterness that the award didnt go to a nollywood star or nigerian
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by londoner: 7:57pm On Apr 19, 2010
@Omar22, Apology  accepted. Some people may be bitter, but truely if it had gone to someone like Yvonne Nelson etc I think people would have supported it. I know I would have, based on my view of her talent. Most people here supported Jackie in her win, we cant all have the same opinion.

I do think that if there is a film award show in Ghana, some people may want their own to win, it happens.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by alanbolo(m): 7:57pm On Apr 19, 2010
omar22:

I do apologise, but some peoples views is here, reading between the lines, its out of bitterness that the award didnt go to a nollywood star or nigerian
 u have said rightly.  It doesn't have to be Nollywood, Nollywood and Nollywood,  as Kech have said above,  Awards are given for just not the beauty but coupled with other things as well,  including Encouragement and Pacifying the Public Viewers.

Congrats to Jackie on this one.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by Gamine(f): 8:12pm On Apr 19, 2010
@Londoner,
sorry, but i didnt see any benchmark set there.
if your talking benchmarks, then i think The Figurine carries it all.
i was so impressed i almost attended the premiere.

i'll check out the other ones though.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by chichiwill: 8:40pm On Apr 19, 2010
naaaaaaaa she's too fake. for dat ghana sef dem too dey fake fune, every film wey i just lokkk at wey dem act, but at least no be di nadia buari girl win, because dat one na just di don one queen of fakeness, everybody don no say dem born and raise her for dat ghana,and na which time she go land that america fit speak dat fune
, pssssssssssssssh angry.
mercy johnson suppose grab dat title, she sabi act well well,
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by Rastamann: 9:19pm On Apr 19, 2010
In most cases the criteria for selection is what matters. She is really not the best but she is good and I wish her all the best.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by ayettymama(f): 9:33pm On Apr 19, 2010
i love her to bits, her style can be a bit extreme sometimes, but she still does got it!
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by lovistic: 9:33pm On Apr 19, 2010
Congratulations Jackie. You have done it again. I knew you were going to win cos you are the best Africa can boast of. I have just one advise for you, do not take negative comments people say about you seriously. They are just envious of you cos they cannot even dream of reaching where you are. You are incomparable to those craps ( Genevieve and Ini Edo). You are the best and you shall always be. You are the most natural, the most beautiful and the most talented. God truly was on your side cos you really deserve it. May God lift you up to the highest level and win more and more awards for me. You are far far better than those so called Nigerian actresses. Haters go on hating, till you die of envy. I'm so so proud of you darling. Thumbs up.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by SeanT21(f): 10:08pm On Apr 19, 2010
She's my fave actress!!

Love her films
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by Nayah(f): 10:10pm On Apr 19, 2010
She's just the best do really like her! go Jackie!
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by eros(m): 10:53pm On Apr 19, 2010
You deserve Jackie, you go girl.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by THEAMAKA(f): 11:52pm On Apr 19, 2010
what's up with the silly misleading title on the front page? (i think that is trying to create drama when there is none) best in AFRICA!!! (not Nigeria)

[size=16pt]go JACKIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [/size] kiss kiss kiss kiss

and yeah "Perfect Picture" never finished it. was sooo boring. i was "ZZZzzzz. . ." halfway through.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by Ruq: 2:09am On Apr 20, 2010
That's what i said they give out awards without srcuntinizing! ALL THIS AWRDS IS BULLSHITE! THERE ISN'T ENOUGH VARIETY! aPPIAH DAMN! MISTAKE I WONDER WHO JUDGED IT!

THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND THAT TO GIVE AWARDS CONCERNING AFRICA YOU NEED EXPERTS FROM MOST PARTICIPATING COUNTRIES THEY JUST FEEL THEY ARE GOOD ENUF TO DO IT AND THEY START DASHING OUT AWARDS! I WONDER WHO ORGANIZED IT?? THAT'S WHY OSCAR STILL REMAINS THE BEST!
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by Outstrip(f): 2:51am On Apr 20, 2010
Jackie looks really good. She lost a lot of weight too. Genevieve cannot win everything though I feel without a doubt that she is a better actress. Jackie is a good actress and I really like her.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by gidson12(m): 6:28am On Apr 20, 2010
I dont watch home video, but she sure looks beautiful. Whether she deserves the award that i cant tell
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by bidemi12(m): 7:15am On Apr 20, 2010
keyword here is actress: we have none in Nigeria.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by tunde121oke: 7:34am On Apr 20, 2010
desont matter
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by Freestyl(m): 9:20am On Apr 20, 2010
Mennn, this lady is is da bomb, more grease to her elbow!
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by legba1(m): 9:28am On Apr 20, 2010
dont have probs with jackie for being chosen,my grievance's with ghanian's acting.like they recite the read the script as it is written.expect more and thats where our girls have the edge.those girls some of you call craps are the best we've got around now,even the likes of jacckie etal adore them,i mean it.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by oluagness(m): 9:29am On Apr 20, 2010
undecided
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by bisiaet: 9:33am On Apr 20, 2010
I dont really know much about her but if they said she won well that is fine and ok and goodluck to her, but what is surprising me most from most poster on this website in relation to this topic is that people just keep on saying she is beautiful, she beautiful she deserve it. Is it beauty criteria where are talking about here? I expect people to talk about her roleS in acting that merit her that award for others to learn from it or weigh it if it worth it for to won it or not or is it just one of those "quak" decision been made to pronounced her winner? I think this is the most important Not she is beautiful , she is beautifu what has that need to do with winning award this is NOT about beauty contest but acting.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by omar22(m): 9:53am On Apr 20, 2010
Look an award is given out for an outstanding performance in ONE movie in the previous year………. Whether some one is better than the other is irrelevant.

People win awards doesnt mean they are a better actor / actresses than the next person

Jamie Foxx or Will Smith, I would choose Will Smith everyday of the week but Jamie playing the role of Ray Charles pushed him to the top, Whereas Will Smith playing Ali had to compete with Denzel Washington in the same so he missed out,

Jackie Appiah had ONE outstanding performance which landed her the award, its not about how many movies or films or blockbusters you have had in the past, no!!! its just one shot in a year,
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by Ruq: 10:02am On Apr 20, 2010
It's still SHIIIT!
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by Orikinla(m): 10:49am On Apr 20, 2010
Wow!

All the comments have been more entertaining than watching the AAMA live!

More please.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by Amya(f): 11:05am On Apr 20, 2010
I hate Jackie Appiah! Never liked her, never will. She escaped dwarfism and have funny little stumps of a forearm. Her bulgy eyes are sources of numerous nightmares for me. She has great set of teeths and a bewitching smile, but that's just about it. Acting wise, she's not that bad, that's if i can take my eyes off those stumps and really see what she's doing. Best actress in africa? No, best actress in ghana? No!

P.s, If any one of you know her please advice her to take it easy on the make up, it adds a whole decade to her face!
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by omar22(m): 11:17am On Apr 20, 2010
@Amya

Is that your picture on your profile?
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by donkarly(m): 11:39am On Apr 20, 2010
The same 'Ghana'(must go) is overtaking nigeria in virtually everything,terrible indeed!
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by Nobody: 11:56am On Apr 20, 2010
yeah,  the Ghanaian movie industry is getting strong day by day , 
Take a look at the preview of a new Ghanaian movie below,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtieSIjfz-k

A reecent movie feat Jackie Appiah , The lady is good smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICq8Iw_RToc&feature=related
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by Amya(f): 12:10pm On Apr 20, 2010
omar22:

@Amya

Is that your picture on your profile?

DON'T GO THERE!

You probably like Jackie Appiah, i don't! So deal with it and stop asking me silly questions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerians Blast Miracle Over His 'imaginary Relationship' Statement On Nina / Hottest Hollywood Celebrity Leelee Sobieski Latest Hot Shoot / OJB Jezreel Discharged From Indian Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.