Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa (18278 Views)

Checkout Jackie Appiah's Controversial T-shirt That Got Fans Talking / Queen Nwokoye Wins Best Actress At BON After Clinching ZAFAA Award / Who Is More Pretty, Jackie Appiah Or Nigerian Actress Genevieve Nnaji? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by GeorgeD1(m): 4:41pm On Apr 21, 2010
ini? what's she doing on that list in the first place?
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by londoner: 6:02pm On Apr 21, 2010
George_D:

ini? what's she doing on that list in the first place?

I agree Ini would definately not be on my list, same for Stephanie Okereke.

@Omar22, South Africans are definately in a class of their own with their Black cinema.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by ritaNL: 6:03pm On Apr 21, 2010
Well she's a good actress no doubt bt surely nt the best in Africa.
I just dislike her dwarf look,luck her she escaped bin a real dwarf.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by londoner: 6:17pm On Apr 21, 2010
I think Jackie looks much better now she has lost weight. I can see a very nice facial profile now. She does look really good in that picture IMO.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by tessybrown(m): 7:02pm On Apr 21, 2010
Stella OBJ IZ NOT DEAD@ http://ladieshood.waphall.com
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by GeorgeD1(m): 7:15pm On Apr 21, 2010
londoner:

I think Jackie looks much better now she has lost weight. I can see a very nice facial profile now. She does look really good in that picture IMO.

yeah,
maybe it's a wake up call for most of our naija actresses. they're getting blown up with too much food!
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by londoner: 8:04pm On Apr 21, 2010
George_D:

yeah,
maybe it's a wake up call for most of our naija actresses. they're getting blown up with too much food!

Lol, if you check it both Gen and Omo T have lost weight along with Rita.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by MissyB1(m): 10:24pm On Apr 21, 2010
omar22:

Would you say they are better than Chalize Theron?
I'D rather watch their movies than Chalize's. cool
So, In ma opinion, YES!!! cool

Nakele:

@ MISSB, I AGREE WITH YOU, BUT I WANT TO MAKE AMMENDMENTS TO/ON your LIST,  INI SHOULD GET OUT OF THE LIST AND BE REPLACED BY STEPHANIE OKEREKE,  AND I WANT TO ADD OMOSEXY ON THE LIST, THANK YA'LL
Erhmmm . . .For me, Ini stays on that List and
Omotola would have to give an arm before I put her on ma List. grin
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by THEAMAKA(f): 12:45am On Apr 22, 2010
omar22:

The way you sound, someone would think that Nigerian Actors and Actress are far better than Hollywood stars not knowing that they are below both Bollywood and South African counterparts,

why are you even assuming such from his posts? all he said was he believes ghanaian actors suck, and whats your problem?
did he even make a comparison?
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by Ruq: 1:41am On Apr 22, 2010
We all know When they talk about South African actors they are refering to the whites. Blacks there seldom get chances! South africa is not that great cuz the whites do the thinkin for them!
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by omar22(m): 6:07am On Apr 22, 2010
why are you even assuming such from his posts? all he said was he believes ghanaian actors suck, and whats your problem?
did he even make a comparison?

Wow,  the voice of reason just spoke!!

Thats the point YOU were icthing to say(in Bold),  That Ghanaian actors suck!

We all know When they talk about South African actors they are refering to the whites. Blacks there seldom get chances! South africa is not that great cuz the whites do the thinkin for them!

I wasnt talking about the White Afrikaans,  have you watch any South African movies?

Picture editing
Sound editing
Story line
Acting
shooting
Cinematography
Directing
Production
Sound tracks

Are all a million times better than Nollywood home movies

I'D rather watch their movies than Chalize's.  Cool
So, In ma opinion, YES!!! 

You have hit the nail on the head,  "Your Opinion"

but you cant compare a kite with a boeing 747, 

Bonginkosi Dlamini,  is a far better actress than the bunch of so and so churning out rubbish
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by londoner: 10:30am On Apr 22, 2010
@Omar22, obviously you believe Nigerian actors suck and you are intitled to, but you seem to be defensive about someone thinking the same about Ghanaian actors, how come?

Secondly,  you say you have never seen and a film "A Perfect Picture" or any of Jackie's films,  So what is your opinion based on then?

I agree with you that the South African movie industry is more advanced then both Nollywood and the Ghanaian movie industry, thats true.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by GeorgeD1(m): 11:00am On Apr 22, 2010
londoner:

Lol, if you check it both Gen and Omo T have lost weight along with Rita.

except for ini edo. that lady no dey shame! compare her size now to when she started 5yrs ago. today she's three times her start up size!  grin
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by omar22(m): 12:37pm On Apr 22, 2010
Secondly, you say you have never seen and a film "A Perfect Picture" or any of Jackie's films, So what is your opinion based on then?

Honestly I have only watch one nollywood movies (actually 2) in the last 3 years, one on the Nigerian movie channel on sky from around 2pm to 6pm because it had so many parts and the famous Jenifa which it took me over night, I wish I could get those hours back but I cant, theirs reason why I dont rate the acting in Nigeria is because they dont want to improve themselves, they want to stay stagnant, Nigerian music, I love to death why beause they are improving by the minute and a lot of international singers want to work with the Nigerian singers, I know the level of acting but I believe its about time they take a giant leap forward, and that what bogs me, Ghanaians actors are in the same boat as Nigerians, but its like a Nigerian calling a Ghanaian black sheep!!!

But most of the Nollywood fanatics cannot stand the site of the Ghanaian Movie industry but the problem here is that they are catching up and if care is not taken they would leave Nollywood behind,
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by londoner: 1:34pm On Apr 22, 2010
@Omar, have you actually ever watched a Ghanaian movie? I dont really get what you're opinion on their industry is based on if you haven't.

Thats like a vegetarian making an assessment on a steak dinner, lol

I get what you mean about Nollywood, but recently there are a few films which are a true sign of progression.

I posted the trailers of some films on this thread (Ije, The Figurine and bursting out), you may want to have a look at them.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by Emmacarnegie(m): 1:43pm On Apr 22, 2010
Though she is good but i doubt the best aspect what about iniedo,chukwuka and host of others.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by omar22(m): 1:51pm On Apr 22, 2010
@Omar, have you actually ever watched a Ghanaian movie? I dont really get what you're opinion on their industry is based on if you haven't.

Thats like a vegetarian making an assessment on a steak dinner, lol

Well I ve seen a few when OBE started on Sky, They do suck as well!!! I have some Ghanaian friends that are also obsessed about these movies, when I vist their house and I realised that everyone in the house is watching a Ghanaian movie, may be 10minutes or more before I get up and leave but you could tell the difference from when OBE started about 9 years ago… They are not as good as Nollywood but they are moving… and moving fast, with Nollywood the acting is the same, the storyline the same ok the properties are better, better cars, getting a very old oyinbo man to make unilag students fall head over heels for him takes the biscuit,
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by Nobody: 1:52pm On Apr 22, 2010
Jackie is so unsexy!! At this rate she could become the sexiest actress in Africa too.

But as for now, how she take manage win?
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by omar22(m): 1:53pm On Apr 22, 2010
Whats the voting process for these awards,

The oscar,  all the members (actors and actresses) vote for the nominees
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by Nobody: 2:00pm On Apr 22, 2010
omar22:

Whats the voting process for these awards,

The oscar,  all the members (actors and actresses) vote for the nominees

Pretty face mostly wins, and whatever sexiness they see in them.

Sometimes they do get real actresses, but most of the time, the system fails.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by londoner: 2:14pm On Apr 22, 2010
@Omar 22, there are some BRILLIANT Nollywood films out there, even though there is also alot of crap.

The Amazing Grace

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJs-h1YKdlw

Nnenda

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAOc4RdUTgE

The Figurine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbtcwK_KQ4o

Ije

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBmbd2-7zAI
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by lovistic: 2:57pm On Apr 22, 2010
Jackie is far far better than those Nollywood shits you people are mentioning. This is actually the second time she is winning (2007 and 2010) in a row as best actress for supporting role(2007) and best actress(2010). Now tell me which Nollywood actress has set such an amazing record. Has even that so called Genevieve you sing about achieved that within 3 years. That shows how good and supreme Jackie's talent is. When are Nigerians ever going to stop their so called Jealousy over Ghanaians and Ghana. Why do u always feel uneasy whenever Ghana is mentioned. The fact is that Jackie is the best actress in Africa and thank God her efforts were awarded. She is a raw talent and no one can take from her what God has given her. Congrats gal, we proud of u. may you win more and more and as for those that are envious of u, they're gonna die of envy cos you are getting better day by day. Haters can go to hell and cry their hearts and blood out for all i care. May you have a more successful career Jackie. Always know that u are the best and none is close to u.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by lovistic: 2:58pm On Apr 22, 2010
@ Londoner, all those movies are whack. Low profile movies. Ghanaian movies are far far better than those craps.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by londoner: 3:24pm On Apr 22, 2010
lovistic:

@ Londoner, all those movies are whack. Low profile movies. Ghanaian movies are far far better than those craps.

Well you are entitled to your opinion. I am happy that Ghanaian movies are far better than the ones I posted.

Perhaps you would be so kind as to post clips of them here, I would love to see them.

Thanks.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by omar22(m): 4:10pm On Apr 22, 2010
Jackie is far far better than those Nollywood shits you people are mentioning. This is actually the second time she is winning (2007 and 2010) in a row as best actress for supporting role(2007) and best actress(2010). Now tell  me which Nollywood actress has set such an amazing record. Has even that so called Genevieve you sing about achieved that within 3 years. That shows how good and supreme Jackie's talent is. When are Nigerians ever going to stop their so called Jealousy over Ghanaians and Ghana. Why do u always feel uneasy whenever Ghana is mentioned. The fact is that Jackie is the best actress in Africa and thank God her efforts were awarded. She is a raw talent and no one can take from her what God has given her. Congrats gal, we proud of u. may you win more and more and as for those that are envious of u, they're gonna die of envy cos you are getting better day by day. Haters can go to hell and cry their hearts and blood out for all i care. May you have a more successful career Jackie. Always know that u are the best and none is close to u.

I guess someone has blown a gasket,

I don't blame her because a lot of resentment has been shown on here
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by GeorgeD1(m): 5:25pm On Apr 22, 2010
a pity our actresses think the only way to show they can act is by crying profusely on screen.

in fact, there seems to be an unspoken competition among them as to who can cry the most on stage! grin
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by smbdy: 5:33pm On Apr 22, 2010
i could prefer nadia buahri
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by THEAMAKA(f): 12:08am On Apr 23, 2010
@omar22
you're really just DUMB!
couldn't find something better to say?
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by sjeezy8: 12:16am On Apr 23, 2010
^^^^ hahah lmfao isnt that thesame guy you argue with in different threads.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by THEAMAKA(f): 12:17am On Apr 23, 2010
sjeezy8:

^^^^ hahah lmfao isnt that thesame guy you argue with in different threads.
have clashed with him a number of times in the past, yes.
the guy is anti-naija everything!
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by Ruq: 1:34am On Apr 23, 2010
lovistic:

Jackie is far far better than those Nollywood shits you people are mentioning. This is actually the second time she is winning (2007 and 2010) in a row as best actress for supporting role(2007) and best actress(2010). Now tell  me which Nollywood actress has set such an amazing record. Has even that so called Genevieve you sing about achieved that within 3 years. That shows how good and supreme Jackie's talent is. When are Nigerians ever going to stop their so called Jealousy over Ghanaians and Ghana. Why do u always feel uneasy whenever Ghana is mentioned. The fact is that Jackie is the best actress in Africa and thank God her efforts were awarded. She is a raw talent and no one can take from her what God has given her. Congrats gal, we proud of u. may you win more and more and as for those that are envious of u, they're gonna die of envy cos you are getting better day by day. Haters can go to hell and cry their hearts and blood out for all i care. May you have a more successful career Jackie. Always know that u are the best and none is close to u.

Now i see you are numb!! why on earth would Nigerians Feel Inferior To Ghanians? i think you meant the other way round!

AT LEAST TALKIN OF ENTERTEINMENT YOU GUYS ARE WAY BACK YOU SHOULD BE THANKFUL OF US!!!
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by dichana: 11:47am On Apr 23, 2010
wow this thread is intresting well well well the two people i feel and believed should have won the amaa are stephanie okereke in nnenda that film is just too touching and her performance init was great.2nd person yvonne nelson felt she was definitely robbed.happy ramsey noauh won been a long time.and seriously speaking there are better actress and actors in nigeria that deserve all this award cant believe someone like olu jacobs joke silva bimbo akintola stella damasus bob manuel even jim iyke and my favorite pete edochie i mean those guys should have won a lot of this before any other stars whether from ghana or nigeria or anyother, men am truly dissapointed.also kudos to jackie but what,s up with five people been nominated or six dont know, for best actress and three of them or two going home as africa,s best that as never happened before men the amaa,s really need to step up.that was bullshit only one person deserved that.well that,s by the way and for everyone bashing nollywood.i tell you this i would pick nollywood over hollywood bollywood southafrica movies anyday anytime anywhere because you know what rome was not built in a day.and nollywood shows our cultural lifestyle and am very proud to say it.nollywood fans i dey kampe no touching.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerians Blast Miracle Over His 'imaginary Relationship' Statement On Nina / Hottest Hollywood Celebrity Leelee Sobieski Latest Hot Shoot / OJB Jezreel Discharged From Indian Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.