Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

Sincere Response To The Popular Question "Did You Pray For Me In Church Today? " - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sincere Response To The Popular Question "Did You Pray For Me In Church Today? " (472 Views)

When Last Did You Pray For Your Enemies? / Question: Did God Create Adam As An Adult Or Was He First A Baby? Ans: Both / Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sincere Response To The Popular Question "Did You Pray For Me In Church Today? " by Godsgal(f): 12:45pm On Feb 04, 2018
Good day Christian naira landers. I hope service was great.
Am sure we are all familiar with the question above being thrown at us by people we meet each time we return from church. While to some, it is rhetorical. Some other people demand an outright response and this is where we face the challenge of honestly saying 'No' or saying 'yes' when we know we did not, thereby lying in the process.
I can remember being asked this same question in the past and in a bid to be honest I simply said "no. I didn't remember". Now, That might seem sincere enough but is quite embarrassing at the same time.
This takes us to the purpose of this thread. As Christians, the need for speaking in tongues through the help of the Holy Spirit cannot be overemphasized. When we speak in tongues according to Rom. 8:26 "the spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered", thereby helping us pray for those we least expect and touching the lives of as much people as necessary even beyond our knowledge.
So brothers and sisters, the next time you pray in tongues through the Holy Ghost, and you are asked if you did pray for that your neighbor, your sincere response should be. 'Yes, I prayed for You."
Shalom
Other contributions are welcomed.
Re: Sincere Response To The Popular Question "Did You Pray For Me In Church Today? " by amicable09(f): 2:46pm On Feb 04, 2018
OP, this response about the Holy Ghost helping you to pray for your neighbors in church is still tantamount to lying.

That you prayed in tongues in church doesn't mean you prayed for everyone in the world. You can remember a neighbor while in church and be led to pray for the person either in your understanding or without understanding.

As per the question, God doesn't live in church but in your temple. Let your neighbour know that one. If you pray for him at home, God hears. You pray on the road, he answers. Prayers can't finish in church. cheesy

There's one my pastor has booked down for the next vigil because we didn't complete the prayer todaygrin. We had exceeded the allotted time. Don't say you prayed when you didn't but say you will if you didn't remember to.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

What Does The Bible Say About Scoffers? / Aisha Buhari Canceled Birthday Celebrations Because Nigerians Are Suffering / The Black Church & Religion Has Failed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.