Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,189 members, 7,829,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Ex-nigerian Military Ruler Babangida Vows To Be Next President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-nigerian Military Ruler Babangida Vows To Be Next President (537 Views)

Buhari Meets Journalist He Jailed As Military Ruler / Rahama Babangida, Ex-military Ruler's Daughter Stuns In New Photos / "I Am A Former Military Ruler, Now A Converted Democrat" - GMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ex-nigerian Military Ruler Babangida Vows To Be Next President by Ayemokhia: 5:47am On Apr 19, 2010
Former Nigerian military ruler General Ibrahim Babangida has said he is confident of becoming the country's next president.

Babangida disclosed this to reporters in Lagos on Friday, saying he would win next year's presidential election.

According to him, he had the experience to turn Nigeria's economy around.

"I believe that it is possible and I have the experience to make it possible," the former military ruler told reporters at the presidential lounge of the Lagos Murtala Muhammed International Airport.

He said those who are criticizing him do not really know him.

"Perception is the way you look at things. If you call me a thief and you can prove it, you know what to do," he added.

According to Babangida, winning an election takes two things, which he thinks he has, the political party and the people.

Babangida ruled Nigeria from Aug. 27, 1985 through Aug. 27, 1993.

Source: Xinhua

(1) (Reply)

Senate To Debate Ex-gov’s Marriage To Minor / Ibb Dont Put Your Children Or Yourself Through Another Loss. / While Evil Ibb Condemns And Belittles The Youth In Nigeria: . . .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.