Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,591 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

Babangida Denies "Vote Out Buhari In 2019" Statement - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babangida Denies "Vote Out Buhari In 2019" Statement (26292 Views)

Amosun Under Tension To Resign As APM Supporters Curse Out Buhari / Mohammed Babangida: IBB Didn't Authorize "Buhari Don't Run In 2019" Statement / Kassim Afegbua Insists Babangida Authorised ‘Vote Out Buhari’ Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Babangida Denies "Vote Out Buhari In 2019" Statement by perdollar(m): 11:59pm On Feb 04, 2018
dts y he was called maradonna
Re: Babangida Denies "Vote Out Buhari In 2019" Statement by Automatic3444(m): 12:07am On Feb 05, 2018
Buhari is just like I pass my neighbour generator without engine oil ;DB. This to show how unqualified and hollow grin IGP and HOLLOW MASTER BUHARI are...they are so backdated forgetting they are ruling a country... They are the real problems that is affecting the nation
They are the reason why Trump call Nigeria shithole.. NIGERIA IS NOT A SHITHOLE.... BUHARI HOLLOW AND HIS CO- AGENT ARE SHITHOLEhis to show how unqualified and hollow grin IGP and HOLLOW MASTER BUHARI are...they are so backdated forgetting they are ruling a country... They are the real problems that is affecting the nation
They are the reason why Trump call Nigeria shithole.. NIGERIA IS NOT A SHITHOLE.... BUHARI HOLLOW AND HIS CO- AGENT ARE SHITHOLE

1 Like

Re: Babangida Denies "Vote Out Buhari In 2019" Statement by seguno2: 12:23am On Feb 05, 2018
deomelllo:
Nearly everything you read on NL and the internet regarding Nigerian. = fake ipob rubbish..

Their entire DNA = Fraud.

Since you post a lot on nairaland, you must be speaking from experience.
Are you fake rubbish fraud
Is that what you are?
Re: Babangida Denies "Vote Out Buhari In 2019" Statement by seguno2: 12:25am On Feb 05, 2018
ZombiePUNISHER:

Herdsman spotted

Are you calling the transgendered a Fulani terrorist
If you are, then I agree with you already. grin
Re: Babangida Denies "Vote Out Buhari In 2019" Statement by agabaI23(m): 12:31am On Feb 05, 2018
monlawal:
Good he spoke on time before it escalates further
He didn't speak anything
Re: Babangida Denies "Vote Out Buhari In 2019" Statement by Mkolayinka(m): 1:45am On Feb 05, 2018
shameless and spineless IBB, greatest fool of the century. was he smoking pot when he asked his media consultant to released the bulky documents.
Re: Babangida Denies "Vote Out Buhari In 2019" Statement by 12submarine(m): 4:39am On Feb 05, 2018
duwdu:

Yeah, this is more like the Ibrahim "Maradona" Babangida that we know! gringringrin

P34c3
This is the only comment I like. IBB is still the Maradona we used to know, you can never understand him. His ways are very unclear.
Re: Babangida Denies "Vote Out Buhari In 2019" Statement by ZombiePUNISHER: 6:05am On Feb 05, 2018
dheilaw1:
lets see how your 5 percent will send him back to Daura. chest beaters

Enjoy the death of the innocent while you can..
Bloody herdsman
Re: Babangida Denies "Vote Out Buhari In 2019" Statement by Baawaa(m): 6:43am On Feb 05, 2018
Babangida is a confused soul since 1995 when he stepped aside as head of State
Re: Babangida Denies "Vote Out Buhari In 2019" Statement by tayokem(m): 6:57am On Feb 05, 2018
Maradona has come again

bilms:
IBB DEBUNKS STATEMENT ON PRESIDENT BUHARI

My attention has been drawn to a report making rounds especially online in which I was quoted as advising Nigerians not to vote for President Muhammadu Buhari in the coming 2019 election.

Not only is the said statement untrue, it is in its entirety, an inaccurate representation of my view of the state of our dear Nation.

As a former President and an elder statesman, I have existing communication channels through which I reach out to President Muhammadu Buhari on topical issues of national importance, should there be the need so to do.

The media, both online or mainstream and indeed the unsuspecting public are advised to disregard such false reports.

Thank you and God Bless you all.

Gen. Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (Rtd) (GCON)
Former Military President Federal Republic of Nigeria

Hilltop Mansion
Minna, Niger state.
4th February 2018

https://mrrightsng..com.ng/2018/02/ibb-debunks-statement-on-president.html
Re: Babangida Denies "Vote Out Buhari In 2019" Statement by meforkene(m): 7:29am On Feb 05, 2018
Babangida is a GCFR not a GCON
Re: Babangida Denies "Vote Out Buhari In 2019" Statement by duwdu: 7:42am On Feb 05, 2018
UnchangeableGod:
If IBB authorized it, then it was his message. If he didn't want it sent, he wouldn't authorize it. Why then would he deny or retract what he authorized? Is it that his statement is not the fact or that he is afraid of somebody? Even if he is being 'maradonic' as you accused him of, the point is that he had aired his mind. Chikena! I see all these as damage control.

It's now been revealed that IBB personally signed the statement of rebuttal, i.e., the one denying he ever called on Buhari to quit in 2019: http://thenationonlineng.net/2019-drama-ibbs-stand-buharis-future/

P34c3
Re: Babangida Denies "Vote Out Buhari In 2019" Statement by Polchiz(m): 8:06am On Feb 05, 2018
duwdu:

To the best of my knowledge, Afegbua didn't say, "IBB did indeed write the story." What I heard he said was, "IBB authorized the story." Big difference, if you asked me.

I won't be surprised, though, if the situation was that Afegbua indeed had a private conversation with IBB, along the line of the first release, and published it, only for IBB to now try to pull back on his strong words he spoke in private. I may be wrong, though.

Come to think of it, IBB's statement of denial sounds more like his "Maradona" style of putting things, so I think he authorized that as well.

Edit: It's now been revealed that IBB actually personally signed the statement of denial, whereas he didn't as much as vet or sign the statement earlier released by Afegbua.

P34c3

Revealed by who to who?

You think we are little kids?

Stop trying so hard to sell propaganda.
Re: Babangida Denies "Vote Out Buhari In 2019" Statement by femlex(m): 8:21am On Feb 05, 2018
Do you know that I am part of the problem of this country, I have never voted in life, and now the PVC registration is ongoing in every LOCAL GOVT AREA 9a.m to 3p.m everyday, I have not created time to go and register, but when I hear that it will close in 2 weeks time, then I and others like me, will rush to go and register, and I will complain that, we are not organized in this country.
God help me, but I really need to help myself now.

1 Like

Re: Babangida Denies "Vote Out Buhari In 2019" Statement by femlex(m): 8:25am On Feb 05, 2018
Do you know that I am part of the problem of this country, I have never voted in life, and now the PVC registration is ongoing in every LOCAL GOVT AREA 9a.m to 3p.m everyday, I have not created time to go and register, but when I hear that it will close in 2 weeks time, then I and others like me, will rush to go and register, and I will complain that we are not organized in this country.
God help me, but I really need to help myself now.
Re: Babangida Denies "Vote Out Buhari In 2019" Statement by duwdu: 8:31am On Feb 05, 2018
mrskillz:
This confusion is what u get when a former president that rules the most populous Black Country does not even have a Twitter handle.

We don’t even know which one to believe

Methinks it's actually better for IBB's peace of mind that he doesn't have an account on Twitter. That way, you and I readily know whatever we read as a post by IBB on Twitter is FAKE NEWS. As it were, even Afegbua has apparently not been authorized to operate a Twitter account in the name of IBB. grin

P34c3
Re: Babangida Denies "Vote Out Buhari In 2019" Statement by duwdu: 8:44am On Feb 05, 2018
Polchiz:

Revealed by who to who?

You think we are little kids?

Stop trying so hard to sell propaganda.

Excerpts from here: http://thenationonlineng.net/2019-drama-ibbs-stand-buharis-future/ and I quote:

"But, in another statement he personally signed and released from Minna by one of his aides, Mahmud Abdullahi, the former military leader warned against a gang-up outside law and order."

And...

"But Abdullahi, who released the IBB-signed statement in Minna told our correspondent that the second statement was authentic and took precedent over Afegbua’s having been personally signed by the former military leader."

P34c3
Re: Babangida Denies "Vote Out Buhari In 2019" Statement by onavae(m): 8:54am On Feb 05, 2018
duwdu:

Excerpts from here: http://thenationonlineng.net/2019-drama-ibbs-stand-buharis-future/ and I quote:

And...

P34c3

This strange. Did Abdulahi forget that his boss was once a head of state and as such can't be a GCON but a GCFR? Even I and others who don't work for him know that IBB is a GCFR and not a GCON. It's so clear that IBB did not sign the rebuttal, it's fake. Also I have seen 2 versions of this rebuttal, the long one and the short one and both had IBB as GCON, meaning both are fakes.
Re: Babangida Denies "Vote Out Buhari In 2019" Statement by duwdu: 9:04am On Feb 05, 2018
onavae:

This strange. Did Abdulahi forget that his boss was once a head of state and as such can't be a GCON but a GCFR? Even I and others who don't work for him know that IBB is a GCFR and not a GCON. It's so clear that IBB did not sign the rebuttal, it's fake. Also I have seen 2 versions of this rebuttal, the long one and the short one and both had IBB as GCON, meaning both are fakes.

I don't know since when these spokespersons became infallible? Most of them are half-educated, anyways, and are therefore more likely to make such errors and misrepresentations. Even the original statement by Afegbua had typos, as already pointed out by others. So, I wouldn't keep holding on to straws...

P34c3
Re: Babangida Denies "Vote Out Buhari In 2019" Statement by duwdu: 9:04am On Feb 05, 2018
...double post...

P34c3
Re: Babangida Denies "Vote Out Buhari In 2019" Statement by Lot13(m): 10:37am On Feb 05, 2018
Who is Babangida to Stop the president God gave a second chance?

1 Like

Re: Babangida Denies "Vote Out Buhari In 2019" Statement by TourismMan(m): 11:08am On Feb 05, 2018
Leopantro:

it has already been proven that you are a liar.
i wanted to argue with you but i learnt a long time ago never to argue with someone who believes their own lies.

Good day sir and happy new week. Pls I made a little journey and where I went network was a challenge so I couldn't really come online. I will send you mail today. Thanks
Re: Babangida Denies "Vote Out Buhari In 2019" Statement by mechanics(m): 12:24pm On Feb 05, 2018
Nawa o, this our media personnel won't change o, why do they carry rumours sometimes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obla-led Panel Orders Probe Of Bishop Orieke Over Fake Buhari Death Certificate / Kwankwaso Supporters Throw Their Hats Away, Join APC / Buhari Appoints Sunday Aghaeze‎ As Personal Assistant On Photograph

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.