Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,323 members, 7,819,103 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

What Do You Know About Cima (chartered Institute Of Management Of Accountants) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Do You Know About Cima (chartered Institute Of Management Of Accountants) (3745 Views)

Nigeria Institute Of Management"s Result Is Out,what Next? / Nigerian Institute Of Management Registration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Know About Cima (chartered Institute Of Management Of Accountants) by teetee2(f): 11:33am On Apr 19, 2010
A friend just informed me about CIMA to boost my Qualification. Is it well recognised institute? What are the benefits one can derive from being a member? How strenous is sitting for their exams? Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee advice me before i put my money, efforts and other things because in my office certificate is recognised more than experience. Thanks for your quick response
Re: What Do You Know About Cima (chartered Institute Of Management Of Accountants) by Nobody: 10:50am On Apr 20, 2010
Hi,
Am currently a student of CIMA UK and i tell you, its a real boost to your qualification.
Concerning recognition, its not vastly recognized in Nigeria like ACCA becos they don't have an office here at the moment. It is also mostly recognized by multinationals when it comes to employment tho most companies now include it their requirements for employment.
There are a lot of opportunities to be derived from membership and trust me the networking aspect is key as you get to meet a top shots wen we get together for seminars and networking conferences.
The Exams are quite strenuous as there are currently no study centers in Nigeria and most students rely on self study to get through.
U can check the links below for more info:
http://www.cimaglobal.com/Our-locations/Nigeria/
http://www.cimaglobal.com/
Re: What Do You Know About Cima (chartered Institute Of Management Of Accountants) by sammorad(m): 12:42pm On Dec 25, 2013
@ nobody and teeter, I will like to know if u a still interested in cima, kindly less talk
Re: What Do You Know About Cima (chartered Institute Of Management Of Accountants) by Adeshinayussuf6: 7:53am On May 16, 2018
Please could you tell me how the exemption goes in cima with Bsc account from accredited institution?. How many papers will I write to get cima? Does getting the certificate requires me having working experience after writing the final paper?.

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Benefits Of Being A Member Of JCI, Rotary Club, Red Cross,... / Would You Work In Iraq For 10 Million Naira A Month? / Is It Better To Be Your Own Boss?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.