Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

Fulani Herdsmen: SOS From Nasarawa State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fulani Herdsmen: SOS From Nasarawa State (478 Views)

COVID-19: Taraba Government Rejects 100 Almajiris From Nasarawa State / Crowd Welcome President Buhari In Nasarawa State (Photos) / President Buhari's Working Visit In Nasarawa State In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen: SOS From Nasarawa State by rawtruth(m): 5:48pm On Feb 05, 2018
WHO CAN SAVE THE TIV PEOPLE OF NASARAWA STATE FROM THE ONGOING SYSTEMATIC ETHNIC CLEANSING?

By Comrade Peter Ahemba,

I, comrade Peter Ahemba, President Tiv Youth Organization Nasarawa State, once again use this medium to bring to fore, the continued attacks and destruction of lives and property of our people by marauding herdsmen.

Report received from Keana, Awe and Obi Local Government Areas of the state as at 10th January, 2018 when the Inspector-General of Police, Ibrahim Idris met with stakeholders in Lafia for a joint security meeting convened by the state government has it that 23 Tiv people had been killed by the wicked men.

At present, the entire Tiv population from Awe, Keana and Doma has been forced out of their ancestral homes by the "criminals" who embark have continued their serial killings and destruction of lives and property including innocent children and women. This systematic
act of terrorism and ethnic cleansing has continued unabated.

Most recently, 30th January 2018 to be precise the Tiv community in Kadarko town were attacked midnight and 12 persons were murdered in cold blood by the "criminals" who appeared to have immunity on their dastardly act.

Similarly, the entire population of our people in Keana, Giza and Kadarko areas have been forced out of their homes while the invaders continue to raze down homes and food crops on daily basis without hindrance despite the seeming presence of security operatives and assurances of our state government to protect our people.

As I voice out through this medium, the terrorists have besieged the entire South (Ekye) which has a very high concentration of population of our people and have equally chased out the entire Tiv people while reducing their homes and other property to ashes. For now, only a few Tiv villages in Obi Local Government are still being seen with the people living in perpetual fear of eminent attacks. By this unfortunate development, the Tiv people have been thrown into a serious state of confusion and hopelessness.

While I appreciate the efforts of the state government under Governor Tanko Al-Makura, Traditional Rulers and other stakeholders for their efforts towards restoring peace in the state I however observe that more efforts need to be made to overcome the present situation.

It is against this backdrop that I make this distress appeal to the state and federal government to urgently intervene to save the Tiv people of Nasarawa state from this orchestrated attacks by the bloodthirsty herdsmen.

I call on the entire Tiv youth of Nasarawa state to remain calm and avoid any represial attacks as two wrongs cannot make a right. Let us leave vengeance to God."

Signed:
Comrade Peter Ahemba (President Tiv Youth Organization Nasarawa State).
Re: Fulani Herdsmen: SOS From Nasarawa State by Nobody: 6:04pm On Feb 05, 2018
They should tell this guy to stop shouting and organize themselves for defence..
To even make it better take the fight to them and they would learn not to attack again.!!
Tired of reading people shouting for government to come to their aid....!!
Peace..!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Igbos Should Come Together And Take Over From President Buhari - (NADECO), Chief / Bukola Saraki Reveal Details Of A Conversation He Had With Wizkid / Kogi State House Of Assembly On A Working Visit To Dangote Obajana Cement Factor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.