Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,389 members, 7,861,070 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:02 PM

Difference Between Our Mothers As Wives And Today's Wives - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Difference Between Our Mothers As Wives And Today's Wives (1168 Views)

Who Gave Our Mothers This Idea? Photo / Why Do Married Men Suddenly Lose Interest In Their Wives and try to avoid her? / Nigerian Man Cries As Wives In Germany Now Send Out Husbands For €220 (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Difference Between Our Mothers As Wives And Today's Wives by EmekaBlue(m): 8:17am On Apr 24, 2019
*Comparative Analysis Between Wives of Today and Those of Yesterday:*

1). *Yesterday's Wives* :
Welcome my husband, hope the office was not stressful., your favorite food is ready, let me lead you to the bathroom first, then you take your dinner, you look so tired, am sure you'll be okay after taking your dinner, welcome my one and only.

*Today's Wives*:
Please don't put unnecessary pressure on me, you can go to the fridge pick up the stew, microwave it and boil the remaining rice, I am your wife and not your cook.

2). *Yesterday's Wives*:
Darling stop thinking about our lack of money. It's going to be temporary. God will see us through and we are going to come out of it stronger. After all, we can still feed ourselves and the children. We need to give the Almighty that glory. I am with you through thick and thin, my husband, the owner of my dowry.

*Today's Wives*:
Look I am sick and tired of living in this abject poverty with you. Why did you bring me to your house when you know that you are not ready for marriage? Every day is one complaint or the other. Are you the Complainant General of Nigeria. We don't have cars, our house is Face me and slap you, when your mates are in GRAs. Look if you don't find solutions to your problems, you will come back and not find me in this your rotten house.

3). *Yesterday's Wives*:
My husband, we only have 2 children, don't you think we should have more. You know children are gifts and mercies from God. And the more the merrier.

*Today's Wives*:
Look am sick and tired of this marriage. You won't allow me to rest by your constant urge to have more children. I am okay with our two children. I can't allow you to spoil my figure 8 by bearing another 4 children. You are so wicked that I feel you want to spoil my psychedelic looks. If you dare force me, I will sue you for rape.

4). *Yesterday's Wives*:
My husband, take heart and don't worry. I shall go with you to Zaria. Your being transferred from the glitterati of Abuja to Zaria might be a blessing in disguise. We shall take the advantage of the educational institutions to advance our education. Some disappointments could be a blessing.

*Today's Wives*:
Me I can't follow you to Zaria o. God forbid bad thing. From Abuja to Zaria? I can't cope with such a demotion. To start living in a village? You had better look for another wife. I can't live in a city without silver birds, Amigo Supermarket or Dunes

5) *Yesterday's Wives*:
My husband, I have enough clothes. This N30.000 you are giving me, pls keep it and save for a rainy day.

*Today's Wives*:
Why are you so stingy? Do you have super glue in your palms?What an insult. What kind of shopping do you want me to do with N50.000?What can I buy? Is it Swiss lace or Dubai gold. I am disappointed in you. Your mates are giving their wives $5000 to shop, here you are humiliating me with naira. I don't blame you. It is because I refused to marry Chief Antonio that's why you are messing up with me.

*Yesterday's wives*
Darling our children will resume next week, I have bought new bags and sandals for them, I have also kept some money for their text books, may God bless u for their tuition fees.

*Today's wives*
Your children are resuming next week, I don't want to hear story of no money o, they will change their school bags, sandals, water bottles etc and their textbooks, make sure the money is completed this time o, afterall they bear your surname not mine.

FEEL FREE TO ADD YOURS.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Difference Between Our Mothers As Wives And Today's Wives by Pavore9: 8:58am On Apr 24, 2019
Also expecting you to write *Comparative Analysis Between Husbands of Today and Those of Yesterday:*

Women today have really evolved from what our mothers were

6 Likes

Re: Difference Between Our Mothers As Wives And Today's Wives by Chubhie: 10:07am On Apr 24, 2019
A taste of the good ole school with a blend of the new school gives you the best of both worlds according to wiseman Otapata.
Re: Difference Between Our Mothers As Wives And Today's Wives by Gloriagee(f): 10:15am On Apr 24, 2019
Maybe cos today's wives also work.....

EmekaBlue:

Welcome my husband, hope the office was not stressful., your favorite food is ready, let me lead you to the bathroom first, then you take your dinner, you look so tired, am sure you'll be okay after taking your dinner, welcome my one and only.

*Today's Wives*:
Please don't put unnecessary pressure on me, you can go to the fridge pick up the stew, microwave it and boil the remaining rice, I am your wife and not your cook.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Difference Between Our Mothers As Wives And Today's Wives by Validcode: 11:26am On Apr 24, 2019
The writer of this crap is the product of a terrible marriage.

I was expecting him to include
Yesterday wife
Jobless, stay at home, semi literate and illiterate.

Today's wife
Well Educated, earns money and supports the husband financially.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Difference Between Our Mothers As Wives And Today's Wives by bukatyne(f): 12:39pm On Apr 24, 2019
EmekaBlue:

*Today's Wives*:

2). *Yesterday's Wives*:
Darling stop thinking about our lack of money. It's going to be temporary. God will see us through and we are going to come out of it stronger. After all, we can still feed ourselves and the children. We need to give the Almighty that glory. I am with you through thick and thin, my husband, the owner of my dowry.

*Today's Wives*:
Look I am sick and tired of living in this abject poverty with you. Why did you bring me to your house when you know that you are not ready for marriage? Every day is one complaint or the other. Are you the Complainant General of Nigeria. We don't have cars, our house is Face me and slap you, when your mates are in GRAs. Look if you don't find solutions to your problems, you will come back and not find me in this your rotten house.

3). *Yesterday's Wives*:
My husband, we only have 2 children, don't you think we should have more. You know children are gifts and mercies from God. And the more the merrier.

*Today's Wives*:
Look am sick and tired of this marriage. You won't allow me to rest by your constant urge to have more children. I am okay with our two children. I can't allow you to spoil my figure 8 by bearing another 4 children. You are so wicked that I feel you want to spoil my psychedelic looks. If you dare force me, I will sue you for rape.

4). *Yesterday's Wives*:
My husband, take heart and don't worry. I shall go with you to Zaria. Your being transferred from the glitterati of Abuja to Zaria might be a blessing in disguise. We shall take the advantage of the educational institutions to advance our education. Some disappointments could be a blessing.

*Today's Wives*:
Me I can't follow you to Zaria o. God forbid bad thing. From Abuja to Zaria? I can't cope with such a demotion. To start living in a village? You had better look for another wife. I can't live in a city without silver birds, Amigo Supermarket or Dunes

5) *Yesterday's Wives*:
My husband, I have enough clothes. This N30.000 you are giving me, pls keep it and save for a rainy day.

*Today's Wives*:
Why are you so stingy? Do you have super glue in your palms?What an insult. What kind of shopping do you want me to do with N50.000?What can I buy? Is it Swiss lace or Dubai gold. I am disappointed in you. Your mates are giving their wives $5000 to shop, here you are humiliating me with naira. I don't blame you. It is because I refused to marry Chief Antonio that's why you are messing up with me.

*Yesterday's wives*
Darling our children will resume next week, I have bought new bags and sandals for them, I have also kept some money for their text books, may God bless u for their tuition fees.

*Today's wives*
Your children are resuming next week, I don't want to hear story of no money o, they will change their school bags, sandals, water bottles etc and their textbooks, make sure the money is completed this time o, afterall they bear your surname not mine.

FEEL FREE TO ADD YOURS.

My brother, the choice is yours.

Marry a yesterday's wife.

Case closed.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Difference Between Our Mothers As Wives And Today's Wives by Nobody: 12:45pm On Apr 24, 2019
bukatyne:

My brother, the choice is yours.

Marry a yesterday's wife.

Case closed.
Thank you.
Re: Difference Between Our Mothers As Wives And Today's Wives by Nobody: 12:49pm On Apr 24, 2019
Pavore9:
Also expecting you to write *Comparative Analysis Between Husbands of Today and Those of Yesterday:*

Women today have really evolved from what our mothers were
The society we live in. Before it was a thing of joy to be jobless and leave everything to the man but now, men need support too.

5 Likes

Re: Difference Between Our Mothers As Wives And Today's Wives by elantraceey(f): 12:28am On Apr 25, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
The society we live in. Before it was a thing of joy to be jobless and leave everything to the man but now, men need support too.

and still expect the full duties of a full-time housewives, some men and their way of thinking really marvels me.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Our Mothers As Wives And Today's Wives by ImaIma1(f): 12:54am On Apr 25, 2019
*Yesterday's husbands:

Don't worry honey just take care of the house and the children and let me worry about paying all the bills.

*Today's husbands:

What are you bringing to the table? You think it is only me that will pay all these bills. Go and work and contribute.

11 Likes

Re: Difference Between Our Mothers As Wives And Today's Wives by Hintona(f): 8:35pm On Apr 26, 2019
I think it should be good wives and not so good wives
Not
Yesterday wives and today wives
Re: Difference Between Our Mothers As Wives And Today's Wives by Nobody: 8:48pm On Apr 26, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Thank you.
see them cheesy
Today's wives grin grin
Wetin you go also bring to the table if na that equality weh you dey find?
Re: Difference Between Our Mothers As Wives And Today's Wives by Nobody: 8:52pm On Apr 26, 2019
Logobenz:
see them cheesy
Today's wives grin grin
Wetin you go also bring to the table if na that equality weh you dey find?
This table is it plastic or wooden? Lemme know if what I'll drop on the table will break it or not undecided
Re: Difference Between Our Mothers As Wives And Today's Wives by Nobody: 8:55pm On Apr 26, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
This table is it plastic or wooden? Lemme know if what I'll drop on the table will break it or not undecided
plastic and I dey until.so it must break angry
Re: Difference Between Our Mothers As Wives And Today's Wives by STRENGTHesq(m): 9:08pm On Apr 26, 2019
Hintona:
I think it should be good wives and not so good wives
Not
Yesterday wives and today wives
wise girl
Re: Difference Between Our Mothers As Wives And Today's Wives by Nobody: 10:06pm On Apr 26, 2019
Logobenz:
plastic and I dey until.so it must break angry
Ok
Re: Difference Between Our Mothers As Wives And Today's Wives by lilmax(m): 10:21pm On Apr 26, 2019
90% of today's wives are crap

men hail the mothers that brought them up

today's wives won't get any praise later

e.g tonto dike grin perfect description of today's wife

I see her son growing up to hate her,just a matter of time

at least 10% are encouraging

(1) (Reply)

Those Who Live In Glass Houses Should Not Throw Stones / Be Careful Of Those You Call Friends / About My Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.