Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,636 members, 7,820,233 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

Nigeria Pays $496m For Acquisition Of 12 Tucano Fighter Jets From US - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Pays $496m For Acquisition Of 12 Tucano Fighter Jets From US (21158 Views)

Insecurity: Nigeria To Buy More Fighter Jets From Russia / A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos / Senators Call For President Buhari’s Impeachment Over $496m Tucano Aircraft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Pays $496m For Acquisition Of 12 Tucano Fighter Jets From US by MiyettiAllah: 10:57am On Feb 06, 2018
fulaniHERDSman:
grin

Brother, how far? How the herding business dey go? grin
Re: Nigeria Pays $496m For Acquisition Of 12 Tucano Fighter Jets From US by Nobody: 10:58am On Feb 06, 2018
Thought BH has been defeated so why are they requesting for fighter jets over conquered insurgency?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Pays $496m For Acquisition Of 12 Tucano Fighter Jets From US by Bigii(m): 10:58am On Feb 06, 2018
Shettima was emphatic that the change of guard at the Operation Lafiya Dole Theatre Command, which saw the replacement of Maj.-Gen. Leo Irabor, who is now at the Multinational Joint Task Force, did not help in sustaining the winning spirit of the troops.

Mr Big Tongue undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Pays $496m For Acquisition Of 12 Tucano Fighter Jets From US by umarazizz87(m): 10:58am On Feb 06, 2018
divinehand2003:
The things this government does will continue to baffle me. Imagine what $496million Will do to our Infrastructural, educational, agricultural and health sectors.

So which one do you think is more urgent, providing security of lives and property or infrastructures?
Re: Nigeria Pays $496m For Acquisition Of 12 Tucano Fighter Jets From US by Anglojosite7(m): 10:59am On Feb 06, 2018
Wow! This is highly commendable.
Re: Nigeria Pays $496m For Acquisition Of 12 Tucano Fighter Jets From US by BensonSMG1(m): 10:59am On Feb 06, 2018
The same boko haram wey dem don defeat oh..smh

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Pays $496m For Acquisition Of 12 Tucano Fighter Jets From US by Anglojosite7(m): 11:00am On Feb 06, 2018
umarazizz87:

So which one do you think is more urgent, providing security of lives and property or infrastructures?
Ask him please.
Re: Nigeria Pays $496m For Acquisition Of 12 Tucano Fighter Jets From US by Anglojosite7(m): 11:01am On Feb 06, 2018
BensonSMG1:
The same boko haram wey dem don defeat oh..smh
Why are you parochial? National security resides only on BH you think?
Re: Nigeria Pays $496m For Acquisition Of 12 Tucano Fighter Jets From US by Lomprico2: 11:02am On Feb 06, 2018
Whey buhari go use bomb taraba and benue people when d time reach. undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Pays $496m For Acquisition Of 12 Tucano Fighter Jets From US by BruncleZuma: 11:02am On Feb 06, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Pays $496m For Acquisition Of 12 Tucano Fighter Jets From US by fulaniHERDSman(m): 11:03am On Feb 06, 2018
MiyettiAllah:

Brother, how far? How the herding business dey go? grin

cool ... but hmmm ... you sure say u no be fake like somebody i know? grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Pays $496m For Acquisition Of 12 Tucano Fighter Jets From US by Nobody: 11:03am On Feb 06, 2018
So we should fry beans?
BTW, where's the remaining $504m? Gone under the drain as usual? Useless government

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Pays $496m For Acquisition Of 12 Tucano Fighter Jets From US by bid4rich(m): 11:05am On Feb 06, 2018
Amirullaha:
I taught they said Boko have been defeated

My brother, na so I hear too ooo

is this not another way to steal?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Pays $496m For Acquisition Of 12 Tucano Fighter Jets From US by BensonSMG1(m): 11:05am On Feb 06, 2018
Anglojosite7:
Why are you parochial? National security resides only on BH you think?
..Do I know you??

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Pays $496m For Acquisition Of 12 Tucano Fighter Jets From US by t111(m): 11:07am On Feb 06, 2018
divinehand2003:
The things this government does will continue to baffle me. Imagine what $496million will do to our Infrastructural, educational, agricultural and health sectors.

If we have the right environment and encouragement, we will invent and create things that are better than these.

My advice to future leaders is that they should focus more on developing the Nigerian people by providing solid education in fields that will turn our present pitiable and sorry state to a more prosperous nation. Avoid wasting money on things that won't change the price of garri in the local markets.

The one Dasuki did didn't baffle you...?
Nice point but then should people continue to die?
You can only type because we are not affected.
We are really lucKY that Boko didn't spread.
Re: Nigeria Pays $496m For Acquisition Of 12 Tucano Fighter Jets From US by lagdmark(m): 11:07am On Feb 06, 2018
adem30:

As it was used by Dasuki by sharing to his co looters while thousands of military and civilian dies daily
Those jets will never land in Nigeria, they will chop chop the money and sent a 1965 Russian model to naija , nothing good will ever come from this government only propaganda

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Pays $496m For Acquisition Of 12 Tucano Fighter Jets From US by aylipple: 11:08am On Feb 06, 2018
Gov. Shettima's claim on Christian/Southern Army Commanders doing more in the war against Boko Haram than their Muslim/Northern counterparts deserves to be dissected by the intelligence agencies. His assertion further fuels speculation that some elements in the security agencies are sympathetic to the terrorists' extremist campaigns in the Northeast.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Pays $496m For Acquisition Of 12 Tucano Fighter Jets From US by Bullhari007(m): 11:09am On Feb 06, 2018
the money we spent in this self orchestrated war by Hausa/Fulani well perfected seasonal movie, are enough to build 36
Buj khalif look alike structures in 36 states of the federation and small change will remain... May thunder fire Awolowo's for dwarfing Biafran movement

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Pays $496m For Acquisition Of 12 Tucano Fighter Jets From US by MiyettiAllah: 11:13am On Feb 06, 2018
fulaniHERDSman:

cool ... but hmmm ... you sure say u no be fake like somebody i know? grin

LOL nah bro, I’m straight.

I go update you later, I wan carry my cows go graze for home page wether them go see space for topics front page use do colony.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Pays $496m For Acquisition Of 12 Tucano Fighter Jets From US by Ikem11(m): 11:16am On Feb 06, 2018
Same price they sell F16 is same price u buying this nonsense... Senseless people

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Pays $496m For Acquisition Of 12 Tucano Fighter Jets From US by decency12(m): 11:18am On Feb 06, 2018
This should be to fight benue people

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Pays $496m For Acquisition Of 12 Tucano Fighter Jets From US by obailala(m): 11:19am On Feb 06, 2018
divinehand2003:
The things this government does will continue to baffle me. Imagine what $496million will do to our Infrastructural, educational, agricultural and health sectors.

If we have the right environment and encouragement, we will invent and create things that are better than these.

My advice to future leaders is that they should focus more on developing the Nigerian people by providing solid education in fields that will turn our present pitiable and sorry state to a more prosperous nation. Avoid wasting money on things that won't change the price of garri in the local markets.
Going by the wisdom of your logic, I guess Nigeria should just disband the military and spend all those billions wasted on the military on infrastructural development and to feed hungry folks with garri. After all, with the right infrastructure (inclusive of stomach infrastructure), there would be jobs, and with reduced unemployment, the security situation wouldn't be so bad so there wouldnt even be need for the military or any other security force.

But on the flip side, there was once a time when bokoharam was on a bombing spree across Nigeria, from Abuja to Kaduna to Jos to Kano to Minna etc, hardly a week passed without you hearing of a bomb blast with scores of innocent people killed. These billions spent on security which in your peculiar wisdom you now claim is a waste is the reason those bokoharam bombings have not gotten to your father's house, and maybe to your head.
Re: Nigeria Pays $496m For Acquisition Of 12 Tucano Fighter Jets From US by Boole3(m): 11:22am On Feb 06, 2018
Dlee1:
I have not say.
But I want Buhari to go come 2019.
Re: Nigeria Pays $496m For Acquisition Of 12 Tucano Fighter Jets From US by gbishman: 11:22am On Feb 06, 2018
This is splendid, am sure the EFCC recovered loots could simply be used to pay for the jets.
Thank you America, the war on terrorism just got sweeter.
Re: Nigeria Pays $496m For Acquisition Of 12 Tucano Fighter Jets From US by komekn(m): 11:22am On Feb 06, 2018
dre11:

• Shettima lauds war theatre commander, Nicholas, says predecessor was a disaster

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/02/06/nigeria-pays-us-govt-496m-for-acquisition-of-12-tucano-fighter-jets/

[b]Misrepresentation and misinformation

The NAF have just procured 12 turboprop planes these are not supersonic or subsonic fighter jet aircraft.

Is it best value for money not in my opinion is it the best use of supposedly scarce resources again not from my position.

How effective open to debate.

http://www.embraerds.com/super_tucano.html
Re: Nigeria Pays $496m For Acquisition Of 12 Tucano Fighter Jets From US by Reelmii: 11:31am On Feb 06, 2018
modelmike7:
Na who buy market go pay. ..
shey na him money him go use pay, abi d one wey he suppose use do better thing for d country
Re: Nigeria Pays $496m For Acquisition Of 12 Tucano Fighter Jets From US by April4th(m): 11:32am On Feb 06, 2018
"Kyari dismissed the minister’s claim, saying Marte Local Government in Borno, one of the local governments under his constituency, was yet to be liberated from the insurgents.
"

Lies will not help us in this country, though we commend the military's effort against boko haram.
Re: Nigeria Pays $496m For Acquisition Of 12 Tucano Fighter Jets From US by AnodaIT(m): 11:33am On Feb 06, 2018
One of the US conditions was that the jets will be delivered in 2020
And we accepted
Re: Nigeria Pays $496m For Acquisition Of 12 Tucano Fighter Jets From US by Nobody: 11:33am On Feb 06, 2018
This is a nice development cool
Re: Nigeria Pays $496m For Acquisition Of 12 Tucano Fighter Jets From US by PHILipu1(m): 11:40am On Feb 06, 2018
holycup:
Money meant to feed the nation being misused and cyphoned by this failed Govt........2019 will shock you guys
Buy a bottle of sniper and keep so that if Buhari win,you know what to do.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kachikwu Sanctions NNPC Staff Over Scandalous Project Exposed By PREMIUM TIMES / Eminent Nigerians beg Buhari: Save Nigeria From Imminent Shutdown - VANGUARD / Ahmed Abdulrahaman May Replace Magu As EFCC Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.