Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Nigeria Pays $496m For Acquisition Of 12 Tucano Fighter Jets From US - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Pays $496m For Acquisition Of 12 Tucano Fighter Jets From US (21160 Views)

Insecurity: Nigeria To Buy More Fighter Jets From Russia / A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos / Senators Call For President Buhari’s Impeachment Over $496m Tucano Aircraft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Pays $496m For Acquisition Of 12 Tucano Fighter Jets From US by nams77: 11:43am On Feb 06, 2018
dermmy:
If you can't afford America's F-15s why not go for Russian Sukhois Su-27, Su-29 or the Miggs. The Chinese J-10 and J-20. Na stones boko haram go dey use bring down these tucanos o dem no even need missiles to bring them down. grin
Exactly. Why go for this world war 11 relic. Those planes cost $168M. What happened to the balance. Do they think we are dunce? Or that we can't independently get the price? Fighting corruption indeed.
CC:. Kizyte

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Pays $496m For Acquisition Of 12 Tucano Fighter Jets From US by kense88: 11:44am On Feb 06, 2018
Wrong move. Leaving such a dangerous weapon in the hands of a mad man
Re: Nigeria Pays $496m For Acquisition Of 12 Tucano Fighter Jets From US by Dearlord(m): 11:49am On Feb 06, 2018
If this amount could be channelled into poverty alleviation scheme an average Nigerian will be very rich and no one will ever think of crime.
Re: Nigeria Pays $496m For Acquisition Of 12 Tucano Fighter Jets From US by Nobody: 11:50am On Feb 06, 2018
grin grin grin... Buhari fire back to the poster grin grin grin
Dlee1:
I have not to say.

But I want Buhari to go come 2019.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Pays $496m For Acquisition Of 12 Tucano Fighter Jets From US by slimbowwow(m): 11:50am On Feb 06, 2018
You just clothed the economy with a suicide vest. The economy current account is sunk already (M>X). A myriad of foreign indebtedness is afoot, you still dance to the tune of US bipolar trap. That's what they want, create political instability in Africa. If there's no crisis who will buy their guns. Welcome to the new era of neo classical slavery.
Re: Nigeria Pays $496m For Acquisition Of 12 Tucano Fighter Jets From US by perez100: 11:56am On Feb 06, 2018
Boko Haram Defeat - Nice WriPlease, Buhari and APC should know that Nigerians are not mumu. Just few days they told us that boko haram had been defeated - we heard Shekau telling the whole world that he was tired of the calamities happening to him. Pls, can a leader of such deadly group or any group in the world openly declare that he is tired of an IDEOLOGY he so much believe in and at the same time calling others to join him in the war? When you say you'e tired - the end result is to discourage old fighters and new ones from joining you. So, no leader will make that kind of statement. To back Shekau's statement, the military said few hours ago that boko haram no longer attract new members. This is another scene they acted wrongly. It only shows Buhari and APC have hands in this boko haram devil. There is nothing to campaing with. So, they want to use boko haram defeat for 2019 campaing. The blood of the innocent people killed by Buhari because of power will hunt him. Smart Nigerians understand the script.
Re: Nigeria Pays $496m For Acquisition Of 12 Tucano Fighter Jets From US by Nobody: 12:03pm On Feb 06, 2018
Useless idiots we have as military heads. That money would have conveniently about about 9 modern SU-35 Sukhoi fighter jets from Russia. Not that World war 2 relic we are about to purchase at an inflated cost and with useless stringent conditions attached to it.
Re: Nigeria Pays $496m For Acquisition Of 12 Tucano Fighter Jets From US by Originalsly: 12:08pm On Feb 06, 2018
On fighter jets? ... to fight Boko Haram?...how effective will that be?...wouldn't helicopter gunships be cheaper and wayyyy more appropriate?....but then isn't BH defeated?...according to this guy?
Re: Nigeria Pays $496m For Acquisition Of 12 Tucano Fighter Jets From US by tdayof(m): 12:12pm On Feb 06, 2018
dermmy:
If you can't afford America's F-15s why not go for Russian Sukhois Su-27, Su-29 or the Miggs. The Chinese J-10 and J-20. Na stones boko haram go dey use bring down these tucanos o dem no even need missiles to bring them down. grin

Man, we can afford them. The Chinese J-20 is extremely not for sale but the J-10 can be considered however it has a short combat radius for a country that has no other great fighters like Nigeria. The Chinese J10 are mostly being accompanied by their flankers series.

The super Tucano is a coin aircraft and that's why NIGERIA placed orders for the JF17 which will serve as a multirole aircraft for the Nigerian Airforce.

I detest this Super Tucano deal tho. Why not spend the money on few flankers.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Pays $496m For Acquisition Of 12 Tucano Fighter Jets From US by slivertongue: 12:21pm On Feb 06, 2018
Shettima's take on the tenure of ibrahim paints a clear picture - northerners aiding boko haram. BH is an investmement
Re: Nigeria Pays $496m For Acquisition Of 12 Tucano Fighter Jets From US by Jadeng: 12:39pm On Feb 06, 2018
Kizyte:
$496M for 12 (propeller driven) ancient jets? This is corruption of the first order!

Modern Fighter Jets like the Falcon F16 cost $47M each.

47 x 12 = 564

Now tell me, why should a same person or country spend $496M for 12 useless jets when he can actually get 12 modern Fighter Jets for $564M?

NB: Price of Tucano Fighter Jet is $10M (10 x 12 = 120) 12 Tucano Jets cost just $120M.

Ogbeni! This 'Gun-Men-t' has killed us!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embraer_EMB_314_Super_Tucano

I wonder who made this caveman suggestions/decisions Someone somewhere does not have the good and progress of this Nation at heart.
1. These are cheap turboprop WWII planes which will be very easy targets for BH guys.
Why is Nigeria rotating anticlockwise?? Habbba!!
2. The figures mentioned by FG is OVER inflated!!! From the link above, you can confirm the actual prices planes.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Pays $496m For Acquisition Of 12 Tucano Fighter Jets From US by Castanea(m): 12:40pm On Feb 06, 2018
Interestingly, both the commander of the Army Operations and the Police Commissioner in Borno are ALL Igbo. Hence, the success. No more petting of the terrorists. Continue to hit them hard.
Re: Nigeria Pays $496m For Acquisition Of 12 Tucano Fighter Jets From US by slimthugchimee2(m): 12:47pm On Feb 06, 2018
dermmy:

Su 29, j20 grin.....tdayof come and see oh grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Pays $496m For Acquisition Of 12 Tucano Fighter Jets From US by tdayof(m): 12:49pm On Feb 06, 2018
slimthugchimee2:

Su 29......tdayof come and see oh grin grin

SU29 cheesy the production line is at aba grin
Re: Nigeria Pays $496m For Acquisition Of 12 Tucano Fighter Jets From US by adem30: 12:57pm On Feb 06, 2018
lagdmark:

Those jets will never land in Nigeria, they will chop chop the money and sent a 1965 Russian model to naija , nothing good will ever come from this government only propaganda

Your personal wish. But sorry, it not happening
Re: Nigeria Pays $496m For Acquisition Of 12 Tucano Fighter Jets From US by Ojayk(m): 1:00pm On Feb 06, 2018
Speaking on the decimation of the insurgents, the minister said: “Gone are the days when our soldiers dropped their rifles and started running from the war front. Our gallant troops have successfully degraded the Boko Haram insurgents.

“Let me make it clear that currently, no single Nigerian territory is under the control of the Boko Haram terrorists. For instance, before the emergence of President Muhammadu Buhari, 21 of the 27 local councils of Borno State were under the total control of the insurgents. But today, they are all liberated.

“Currently no Nigerian territory is under the insurgents, while we have freed 30,000 people, mainly women and children held by Boko Haram.”

In addition, he said the government had acquired five units of caterpillar armoured mine-sweepers, new French patrol boats for the Nigerian Navy, and two fighter jets from Pakistan.
Re: Nigeria Pays $496m For Acquisition Of 12 Tucano Fighter Jets From US by uba1991: 1:15pm On Feb 06, 2018
holycup:
Money meant to feed the nation being misused and cyphoned by this failed Govt........2019 will shock you guys
so food is better dan security of life. No wonder sombody call u guys PIGS
Re: Nigeria Pays $496m For Acquisition Of 12 Tucano Fighter Jets From US by 9jariana: 1:18pm On Feb 06, 2018
Kizyte:
$496M for 12 (propeller driven) ancient jets? This is corruption of the first order!

47 x 12 = 564

Now tell me, why should a same person or country spend $496M for 12 useless jets when he can actually get 12 modern Fighter Jets for $564M?

NB: Price of Tucano Fighter Jet is $10M (10 x 12 = 120) 12 Tucano Jets cost just $120M.

Nigeria is fighting an insurgency in a non contested airspace, the Tucano is the most logical warplane both tactically and strategically for the job
Re: Nigeria Pays $496m For Acquisition Of 12 Tucano Fighter Jets From US by positivethought: 1:27pm On Feb 06, 2018
NA under buhari/APC is now a disgrace, one moment they claimed they have completely defeated book haram,in another moment they are requesting for sophisticated armament to fight the same defeated book haram, yet in another moment the media is flooded with pictures n stories of soldiers been kill in the NE,everything about buhari/APC is just so full of deceit n deception.
Re: Nigeria Pays $496m For Acquisition Of 12 Tucano Fighter Jets From US by uba1991: 1:36pm On Feb 06, 2018
nams77:

Exactly. Why go for this world war 11 relic. Those planes cost $168M. What happened to the balance. Do they think we are dunce? Or that we can't independently get the price? Fighting corruption indeed.
CC:. Kizyte
... Some of u are really animals. U said d jets ll be used to fight igbos now u ar saying d jets ar substandard.If gej had bought even world war 50 fighter jets,we wouldnt av been in dis mess.
Re: Nigeria Pays $496m For Acquisition Of 12 Tucano Fighter Jets From US by oluwaahmed: 1:40pm On Feb 06, 2018
Kizyte:

47 x 12 = 564

As in en, tucano propeller jet is what is costing us half a billion dollars? This govt is wickedly corrupt.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Pays $496m For Acquisition Of 12 Tucano Fighter Jets From US by BruncleZuma: 1:48pm On Feb 06, 2018
tdayof:

SU29 cheesy the production line is at aba grin

grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Pays $496m For Acquisition Of 12 Tucano Fighter Jets From US by dheilaw1(m): 1:56pm On Feb 06, 2018
free2ryhme:

if you spend $500m educating children and building schools and eradicating poverty, you would have more chance of defeating extremism and terrorism.
how do you build schools and send children to school in the midst of terrorism? can you put your children in any borno school in the heart of Boko Haram terrorism? let's criticise constructively

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Pays $496m For Acquisition Of 12 Tucano Fighter Jets From US by nams77: 2:43pm On Feb 06, 2018
uba1991:
... Some of u are really animals. U said d jets ll be used to fight igbos now u ar saying d jets ar substandard.If gej had bought even world war 50 fighter jets,we wouldnt av been in dis mess.
I just want to believe that you are not referring to me, and because I'm well mannered, I don't think it is quite befitting for me to insult you, even though it is quite easy and your foolishness warrants it.
For a start have you ever seen me talk about jets against Igbos or GEJ issue. I am very sure you have problem with comprehension. Mine main grouse in my write up is the alleged corruption involved in that transaction. The tucano jet cost $12M for one unit and 12*12 is about 144M. So have you ever wondered what happened to the balance? Secondly, why spend over $400M for outdated propeller jet when you can use same sum to get something more up to date. Go and see what other African countries are using. In fact go and update your knowledge boy
Re: Nigeria Pays $496m For Acquisition Of 12 Tucano Fighter Jets From US by Kizyte(m): 3:02pm On Feb 06, 2018
9jariana:

Nigeria is fighting an insurgency in a non contested airspace, the Tucano is the most logical warplane both tactically and strategically for the job
At that exorbitant price? Haba! Make we fear God small na, even if we no fear men.
Re: Nigeria Pays $496m For Acquisition Of 12 Tucano Fighter Jets From US by Writs: 3:11pm On Feb 06, 2018
Herdsmen foot soldiers..
Jet bombing aerial annihilation.

Which country is Nigeria at war with or threatened by but herself?

If boko is defeated, why buy the fighter jets?

Be very prepared.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Pays $496m For Acquisition Of 12 Tucano Fighter Jets From US by Kabir2Mohammad(m): 3:22pm On Feb 06, 2018
divinehand2003:
The things this government does will continue to baffle me. Imagine what $496million will do to our Infrastructural, educational, agricultural and health sectors.

If we have the right environment and encouragement, we will invent and create things that are better than these.

My advice to future leaders is that they should focus more on developing the Nigerian people by providing solid education in fields that will turn our present pitiable and sorry state to a more prosperous nation. Avoid wasting money on things that won't change the price of garri in the local markets.

Peace is the backbone of development

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fayose Orders Ekiti Assembly To Approve N10b Appropriation A Month To Hand Over / Nnamdi Kanu's Co-defendants, Benjamin Madubugwu & Others In Court Today / 2023: Obi's Popularity Among Youths Worries Atiku, Tinubu’s Camps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.