Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Please I Need A Honest Advice Here - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please I Need A Honest Advice Here (624 Views)

Honest Advice Please / Please I Need Your Advice Here / Please I Need Your Honest Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need A Honest Advice Here by gugus1(m): 10:29am On Feb 06, 2018
I was officially resumed on February 28th 2017, with a Company Licensed by NCC (Nigerian Communication Company) as an Enterprise Solution Company. Where I am to work as a Business Development Executive and Later inclusive of Account Management.
On My contract paper I signed and Agreed amongst others to be paid a GROSS CONSOLIDATED AMOUNT OF N75, 000 AFTER PAYE DEDUCTIONS.
On My first salary which was for two days wages, I requested that I see a breakdown on all deductions made to my payslip and the company accountant agreed to do so, but not until after 8 Months.
But After carefully studying my Payslip for 8 Months, I declined to sign as I discovered that TAX DEDUCTIONS were made against my initial agreements in the contract letter.
Again I reported to the accountant who took my contract letter to the company’s MD, after which I never got a feedback from the company until after another 3 months I wrote a mail officially copying the MD and ACCOUNTANT about the deductions which I got NO RESPONSE, but instead another Payslip was brought at January 31st 2018, where the same deductions were shown on my payslip which I also declined to sign.
At this point a meeting was arranged at the MD’s office, were I explained verbally to them the reason why I would not sign the payslip which I believe would not be in agreement to what was in my contract letter, it was suggested by the accountant that another contract letter be given to me. Which I declined stating that it would be necessary after the current issue is cleared.
The discussion ended with the MD saying that he would bring the company lawyer to explain to me my area of contest.
While I am still waiting for the explanation, it is noteworthy to state that my current January 2018 salary has not been paid, and also further delays on payments would lead to my defaulting to my creditors as I have taken LOANS, have UTILITY BILLS to pay, SCHOOL FEES etc.
I don’t want a situation where I will be sanctioned by my CREDITOR’S.
Re: Please I Need A Honest Advice Here by gugus1(m): 11:27am On Feb 06, 2018
The question is. should PAYE still be deducted from my monthly salary after my contract states otherwise for the past 11months? and should this deduction continue without TAX being remitted to LIRS what would be the implication? and finally how can i get this sorted out. also i dont receieve pensions.
Re: Please I Need A Honest Advice Here by quavoAF(f): 7:49pm On May 02, 2018
Pls send me a mail. We need to talk Pls
Re: Please I Need A Honest Advice Here by adekalumichael: 9:13pm On May 02, 2018
Boss, this is the situation we meet ourselves in this country. It is not a matter of proving a right or what have you.

I have worked with such companies in the past where both pension and tax were never remitted. But after getting a new job offer, I ensure it is stated clearly before entering.

In your case, I would implore you to still hold on to what the pay seems just to rescue your debts. And also, build more confidence to have a side hussle which can aid as a soft landing should they ask you to leave.

(1) (Reply)

Fashion Designing Or Photography / “I Can’t Count The Number Of Men I’ve Slept With Queen Facardi Reveals / Insulation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.