Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,591 members, 7,823,576 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

Crazy Is The New Creative!!! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Crazy Is The New Creative!!! (431 Views)

Crazy Dancer / My Crazy House Help / Crazy Hannah - By Lady C (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Crazy Is The New Creative!!! by hawksford: 10:58am On Feb 06, 2018
https://extremepulse./2018/01/29/crazy-is-the-new-creative/

Have you always been normal your whole life? Have you designed your life clearly through the pattern called normal? Have your actions usually been typical?... Perhaps, it's high time you took a break and get a tinge of craziness, cos hey, here's the crazy age!

I guess you're getting confused about what you just saw above, you're not mistaken, and I am not either, we're right and I see you hopping to my track in a couple of paragraphs.

Let's get things straight here, it is not normal to be 'absolutely' normal, if you've been normal your whole life, you may have noticed this, but if you still play normal, then you haven't realized it.

Being normal buries your spontaneity, being normal conceals your talents, being normal... kills the inner you, being normal throws you down the abyss of darkness, a trillion feet from even the faintest light, in that down tunnel, you're assured of no glimmers of hope. This is what being absolutely normal gets you with, and with a decision to get abnormal, to get crazy, it'll only take a while for your radiating light to flow out and collapse the whole tunnel, elevating you to the world's stage.

Let me take you through this terrific quote by a Greek Philosopher, the renowned Aristotle who proclaimed that

"No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness".
Do you understand the implication of this? If you are not (gonna be) great then it's alright if you're not ( or you've never been) mad, you're not crazy. Even the great ones we have now and in the past once tried things crazily, you doubt me? take a slide into their histories, it costs nothing, the Internet has made it free.

How does being crazy (however, consciously crazy) breathes creativity?

Now, realistic events in the media and entertainment industry should speak volumes, there is a sensation on the social media space who really reigned towards the end of last year  he keeps asking his imaginary characters, "are you mad?" ... When actually he's the mad one, people laugh at him for being mad, that makes them equally mad, however, he's getting popular and getting paid for being mad, isn't that amazing?

I was at The Experience 2017, TBS when Kennyblaq stormed the stage with a massive  audience on ground and at the amphitheater, and he was confidently stupid as he performed singing our usual kind of music to elicit humor, which he actually achieved, some people around my area were like he's insane (in a dialectal voice); however, his performance must have earned him largely to dose on more pills of insanity — or perhaps creativity.

Enough with comedy, I think comedians are naturally crazy, but do artistes fall into this category likewise? Let's take a glimpse.

Taking it from one of the biggest chart in the world — The Hot 100 - Billboard, though "Perfect" by Ed Sheeran made its way likewise "Bad at Love" by Halsey, but we had crazy songs dominating the chart (they may have good contents but the manner of passage is what's in reference), "Gucci gang" by Lil Pump, "I get the bag" by Gucci Maine, and topping the list was "Havana" by Camilla Cabello featuring Young Thug, need not saying much, go listen to these songs.

Even if all these aren't enough, need I remind you of one of the reigning mantras  in town? "The thing go skkkrraaa..." he may have been jested, but now he's been called for concerts on just one hit... Pretty much amazing!

If that's the foreign scene, how about Nigeria, Let's talk Falz coming to limelight through his crazy style of singing, portraying an unrestrained illiterate who expresses himself at will not minding how he's viewed.  What true meaning can you deduce from "Manya" by Wizkid or "Like That" by Davido (they're just some crazy songs intended to elicit effervescence : nothing more) , there are numerous examples, I wouldn't bother mentioning cos you understand what I mean aalread,  It is likewise in the movies, it's like some sort of entertainment you can't resist.

I perceive our generation to be the most stupid, crazy generation after the era of the savages, yet throughout history we're still the most creative set ever, I mean ever! People are being crazy and people are liking people that are being crazy, and the crazy people are getting famous and making money, you can confirm from Bobrisky.

I'll like to reiterate once again that being absolutely normal isn't a normal thing to be, you may have been safe centuries ago if your whole life has been aligned normally, (cos that's when principles, rules actually carried much weight and normalcy was the expected order of the day) but in this age, you're an endangered specie, real time!

How do you get crazy? How do you get amazingly creative? It takes just spontaneity, be free, be real, be you and move for positive urges, kill restrictions, you're an eagle: fly, you're an humming bird: sing, you're a parrot: speak, just let the spirits free and live to the fullest, then you see the imprisoned you being awakened to life in a matter of time!

Adapt the life today and be glad you did.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Writers Needed / The Significance Of Things Fall Apart / I Write Scripts And Contents And Business Plan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.